Brake disc coating

Are MTEC brakes rice? They do prevent rust and corrosion. But it is a 0.001kg weight penalty.

Other urls found in this thread:

mtecbrakes.com/special-edition-brake-disc-coating/gold-edition-2-discs.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Honestly not bad for £14
mtecbrakes.com/special-edition-brake-disc-coating/gold-edition-2-discs.html

You know what also prevents rust and corrosion? Driving the vehicle and using the brakes.

>this prevents corrosion on the bell and edges of the disc
Try and be correct if you're going to pedantpost, youngling

>drilled rotors

The ultimate meme

I'm not a fan of drilled, personally. Grooved, dimpled and c-hook I like, though, purely aesthetically.

More race than rice. Would look good on a Supaju

>not realising that the holes are there to combat brake fade under extended and aggressive braking and it does in fact work

found the bus rider

Wow, somebody should let F1 in on the secret, I'm sure they would use anything to help them win races

>ceramics
>anything like steel

If it's cheap go for it, but personally I've never found myself replacing rotors because of rust or corrosion.

Maybe if you plan on leaving the car parked for a lot of time it could be useful I guess

>my brake pads are from the 50s and outgas to the point where I need cross drilling to stop
Modern brake pads don't need cross drilling to work well, all you are doing is introducing stress risers that can cause rotor failure during extended aggressive use.

>He conveniently forgets literally every single GT car racing in top endurance championships that use steel brakes with not a single drilled hole

Hey you should call them too, they would love to hear your ideas about extensive and aggressive braking

>belt straps instead of pins
Noice

F1 cars use carbon fiber brakes, retard

F1 cars use carbon ceramic* brakes, retard

GTs don't

Drilled holes are a meme, slotted rotors however aren't

So put some rustoleum on when you install them and be on your way.

>vacay for 2 weeks
>arrive home
>notice rust build up on calipers
>take it to dealer for $300 rotor cleaning service

Gold being soft would probably have a slight lubricating effect on the brakes and contaminate the pads. Thus the braking ability would be reduced.

surely it would wear off, usually discs wear about 2mm in their lifetime, so the coating would need to be at least that thick?

I've got a set of black edition slotted only rotors fitted to my car, they look pretty dank but I'm sure they do absolutely fuck all and were like 3x the price of normal rotors.

I had to get a garage to fit them as all my caliper screws were weld rusted, the garage fit them backwards even though I taped which way they should face on them :/

How infrequently do you use your car that you worry about rust and corrosion on the brakes?

They sand themselves off every time you use them.

Wears off almost instantly desu, two or three hard braking events and you're through to the steel on the mating surface but the bell and such will never corrode (in theory) so no seized bolts and unsightly disc rust.

The mating surface does, and the coating doesn't stay on the mating surface for obvious reasons. Please continue riding the bus.