/domg/ Dominions 4 General

Forester Bob Edition

Dominions is a fantasy turn-based war game created by two dudes. One of them is a teacher.

The game combines a simple presentation with an extremely wide array of strategic options, including over 2800 units, 800 spells and 300 magic items. Turns are resolved simultaneously, with players planning battles rather than directly controlling them.

It has simplistic graphics but is easily moddable and extremely deep.

Basically, it's an autist’s wet dream of a war game.

>Steamgroup
Join the steamgroup for multiplayer
steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya

>Group chatroom
steam://friends/joinchat/103582791434709795

>Our work-in-progress wiki
dom4.wikia.com/wiki/Dominions_4_Wiki

>Our pastebin
pastebin.com/uTZnjYwm

>Dom4 Manual
jaffa.illwinter.com/dom4/manual_dom4.pdf

>Dom4 Inspector
This is a community resource that has every unit, spell, and item in the game in an accessible database.
larzm42.github.io/dom4inspector/

>Play by email guide:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=202096551

>Debug Mod:
For testing battle formations and spells
dom4archive.kermodebear.org/www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/debug-mod.html

>Where do I get it?
It is available on Gamersgate and Steam. Desura is kill.

>THE BASICS
>Read the manual
>Read the wiki
>Read the pastebin
>Watch some LPs by Maerlande or NuclearMonkee

Submit completed games here:
docs.google.com/forms/d/1jHX_ZoJi6zIvDq6ANdp-W1Y89W5_fmShuDyHmAj5qC4/viewform

Results Here:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dlrvyEqLFYIaXRc49TheMmfdoP8jEh1m5rZJHJAzDWQ/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=Latus_3_Big_Trouble_In_Little_Ragha
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Previous Pantokrator

Community Clash

/v/anheim team is Cirno and two noobs, /domg/ team is Sy, Sum1, and coolstory

2nd for reminder that Ermor is an unfun element and should never be allowed into games.

3rd for aboleth traps

>Sauro is literally the worse nation in EA.
>Even UW is better.
You have the best research in the game, every research mage can become a combat mage, and your troops are decent too.

Sauro may not be a strong nation, but I can definitely think of nations in EA which are worse.

>using a thumbnail for the OP pic

Cirno Detected

>cirno thinks sauro is strong
Have you ever met him?

Who was Forester Bob?

Reminder for the new thread that I wanted to talk to Agartha, and will try to make sure to be around.

Also, some new graphs by popular request. Abysia has managed to overtake Sauro in gem income, as they apparently found some new magic sites in Lankaland. Including Lanka.

I think your graph is broken.

MS Paint pls no Bully.

This graph appears to be missing squids. Please fix tia

Now that the issue with the graphs is fixed after some technical difficulties (that dumb bitch Basalt Queen I just hired fucking everything up. Really wanted a king, but they all just haaaaaaad to refuse to work for me) here's research.

Sauro's spiked again, presumably having finished up with most of Helheim. Everyone else continues to lag behind.

>when you halfass your turn after dragging it out for 4 days

Admitedly i have an excuse of being sick for 3.5 days of it and still being a bit out of it.
Sorry anyway folks, i know not all of you are enjoying it.
I mostly do but not on constant basis

This graph appears to be missing squids. Please fix tia

Okay, see the Research graph. Notice where Sauro is in relation to the top of the graph. Assuming Sauro is #1 in research (which is very likely, no matter how big squids are, cause Sauro) that should be about the locality of the top nation in graph location - that 4th graying bar.
Put squids there for gem income. It isn't hard to figure out a top nation's spot on the graphs, cause #1 always goes into the 4th gray bar slot, right at the bottom. This is also how we can be certain Sauro is winning research, even vs the squids (or, at best, squids are tying).

Why are the UW graphs hidden? I wonder, is it so we don't know if they go to war?

This is more an issue. Because Sauro is actually occupying the top spot currently, its fucking impossible to tell where the squids are other than "not more than Sauro".

So if that's always how it scales, then squids have almost double the gem income of the second place and an indeterminate amount of research?

So what you're saying is squids have 2x the gem income of the next highest person?

That's terrifying.

Probably.

Coalition when?

Is there any site that lists base costs for autocalced pretender gods? Mod inspector just gives the 10k figure that indicates autocalc.

Abysia - Top of 13th bar
Squids - Top of 20th bar (or bottom of 21st, close enough)

Cap sites at the current scaling seem to be just under a bar and a half roughly. Give or take, pita to eyeball. Which means a bar and a half = 7 gems, or each bar = 4.666 gems.
Or: R'lyeh gem income - roughly 93 gems
Abysia gem income - roughly 60 gems
Sauro gem income - roughly 51 gems

How close am I senpais?

Note that I'm pretty sure blood slaves from sites count as 'gems' so be sure to count those with your totals too.

>Coalition when?
Should have started one when he posted graphs with his own info cut off.

Literally every time that's happened the player in question has been leading by far.

My gem income is actually only at a little over 30 atm. Also, here is Research from a couple days ago, now that we know about the static placement of #1.

If a coalition vs EA squids starts, I'm going to call myself the winner of the meme war.

Daily reminder that All Yesterdays Squids were just as big and powerful as I am now, but still couldn't stop Agartha (a nation that can win games) from winning. Also, voice of tiamat helps so much with the gems.
And yeah, yeah, summod. But I respect the world enough to assume that they're not spooked about Polypal spawn on land.

That said, if you're not next to one of the great land threats, and go against me, I won't hold it against you much. But please don't let real nations snowball chasing after R'lyeh.

Especially when you hide behind the name of user yourself. Full Research graph posted, because apparently sherlock fucking holmes happened to be around.

Ah, guess I was way fucking off then. If you're at a little over 30, that would put squids at a little under 60 most likely instead of 90ish.

Ayup, assuming "a little over 30" means 32, that would put R'lyeh at roughly 58 gems per turn.

>But I respect the world enough to assume that they're not spooked about Polypal spawn on land.
Less that, more mass aboleths on land due to ease of access to air breathing items. A shitload of big astral mages is actually reasonably scary.

Can't those just get magic dueled? I mean, if it's vs Sauro and what not.

not that low, 35 gems yo, mostly astral and death. I am trading for Fire gems btw, if anyone wants to sell.

So what I'm gathering is Agartha, Ulm, Pan, Ur, and anyone else around the area should shank Sauro really fucking fast.
While Pelagia/Oceania tag team R'lyeh with the help of the English elves and maybe Mictlan, who somehow beat the bat?

Magic duel is good against mages that have astral as a subpath.

If you have 35 (on the number) that would put R'lyeh at 63 (likely on the number, maybe with up to a variance of 2-3)

> (You)

How do I get the mod inspector to show base protection instead of aggregate protection?

mouse over it.

I've realized what this game lacks. Sling spells.
I cant catapult a weapon of doom towards the enemy even if i have every magic path avaialbe.

It would be a potent magic but limiting magic paths with some rare crosspaths would be good enough.

Got updated graphs, Chimori hasn't taken a dent. I see several players that haven't committed their all, and that's not how you're supposed to play. There isn't time for reaching key research targets or combining your armies into a deathblob, just go with everything you've got NOW and worry about the rest later, because at this point Chimori's victory is most likely delayed their ability to claim thrones rather than to capture the provinces they're in and players currently fighting them are faltering so instead of 3vs1, you'll soon fight yourself with 1vs1 against 20 provinces larger Chimori.

>squids tops graphs
>diplomancing heavily
Just ignore him guys, I'm sure everything will turn out fine.

Those...aren't even from the game I was talking about?

You're Ashia, right?

Nope.

I'm in neither Der gotterdammrung nor scrubgen X.

Oh, sorry. Wrong post.

You're Ashia, right?

Yes

>Ashia
I just accidentally ate your spy this turn.

Is that why I'm not on there?

Probably

In comparison to the other guys, where did I sit?

I've been too busy losing provinces to indies to really get a good idea of what's going on.

Did you seeking arrow snipe the bats that were in your territory?

There's no hidden nations in those graphs, that's all the spy info I've got.

I tried to, but the arrow didn't find any targets, looks like it doesn't interact well with hidden units.

Huh. I feel bad for recommending it then.

live.

I'm here now, and will be for a few hours.

Bats are going to win, retards are backstabbing people fighting bats like idiots.

Eil was irrelevant anyways. Goblins can do more to fight bats with Eil's land.

LIVE.

Abysia 2h file received
Arcoscephale 2h file received
C'tis 2h file received
Fomoria 2h file received
Hinnom 2h file received
Helheim 2h file received
Lanka 2h file received
Niefelheim 2h file received
Pangaea 2h file received
R'lyeh 2h file received
Therodos 2h file received
>Yomi Waiting for 2h file

Does Chaos Power(1) scale past 3? As in, say I have 3 turmoil and 75 unrest, does that cap out at +3 for my troops or will that result in +6? If it does not cap out, when does it cap out? Can it just keep going? If I recall correctly, unrest does not cap out at 100.

Why doesn't Diminions have a revival spell? You won't lost all your grim just by having a one little positive spell.

glad I picked sauro for my first two pbems ever

it has life after death! and that death bolt that revives enemies as soulless!

It caps at 3 so that extra unrest isn't helping your units' stats. When it comes to the rebate, I'm not fully sure if that can exceed 3. You might want to experiment with that.

You can revive heroes from the hall of fame

as mummies

There are lots of other positive spells, though, like Gift of Health and Celestial Rainbow.

It's not a fucking positive for the slightest.

It does.

>not wanting to serve your country as a magic wielding automaton after your death

What are you, some kind of hippy?

If it scaled, you could just jack up unrest to 200+ and enjoy your physically invincible troops.

What happens if you empower an Iron angel 11 times?

Illuminati won't ever try to hunt you down. Since they are not interested in imbeciles.

Why would you ever try it?

You will become meme, destroyer of games

Seems like a plus

In case you have a spare 300 gems for some reason?

perfect

He would need to empower it 20 times per patch to became ultimate memester tho

At that point its cheaper to get to S6 and wish for magic power.

>that user talking about making a scaleable spells mod does it
>first game with it some memelord empowers his pretender to insane levels and spends a few hundred pearls wishing for magic power
>rapes everything

This way isn't meme enough

>that user talking about making a scaleable spells mod

That's me, actively working on it, but Illwinter isn't making it easy. For example if I wanted a fireball to gain +1AoE per path level, it would go 2->3->4... which is a huge boost to it even at the standard level 2.
Basically the way it works is you get increment per level, and it counts the required levels. So for a flare a mage with F3 gets increment*3, instead of doing the more logical where the required path is the starting point and a F3 mage would get increment*0, a F4 increment*1, etc.

The idea was to make spells scale but it looks like I'll have to make higher path level variants (e.g. greater fireball with path req F5) that then scale. Even then however this example would mean the fireball would have a minimum AoE of 5. Shit's hard enough to balance already without the commands being arse.

>Hi. On trying to host Ginnungagap just now, Dominions crashed. This is not a LlamaServer issue, but rather Dominions itself crashed with a "Nagot gick fel" type error. The specific error was:

>Något gick fel!
>Unknown req_512 ()

>These errors are normally caused by a (generally inexplicable) problem with one of the players' 2h files. Therefore the LlamaServer moved all your 2h files away before hosting again. This is why you will receive a new turn file in which you've staled.

>There are two options from here. Either you can treat the stale turn as a random event and carry on with the game, or you can roll back the turn and try to host again. If you try the latter your game admin will have to do the rollback via the admin options on the LlamaServer website, and you will all have to do your turns again. Note that in this case it is _really important_ that you actually do redo your turn, rather than just sending in the same one again (which people sometimes seem to do because they don't believe me). If you just send in the same file, hosting will simply fail again.

>I hope you manage to get the game back on course, whichever option you go for.

What

W-what

>it's gone from the games list on Llama

>Något gick fel!
>Något gick fel!
>Något gick fel!
>Något gick fel!
>Något gick fel!

Reveng eof Latus Ended?

GUESS WHAT TIME IT IS

LATUS 3, BIG TROUBLE IN LITTLE RAGHA

llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=Latus_3_Big_Trouble_In_Little_Ragha

checked

>not even WH

Temple in cap ring, burds

Last time this happened it was because a mod hadn't uploaded to Llamaserver properly. Email Llama and see if he can fix it.

Mandatory mods added

Found me some Vanhere, time to find me an erf snek to slay

Maybe if your dominion wasn't cancer we wouldn't have to build temples to protect against it?

Uh user, 2 players?

Uh yeah just noticed too, if that isn't an error remove me (R'lyeh), might join later (if it hasn't filled up) but would pick a different nation and wildly different pretender design.

Looks fine to me, 3 luck and 3 turmoil what more would you want?

Oh, so you made an already cancerous dominion more cancerous by adding death. Well memed.

Turn time extended to 30 hours because its like turn 37 and we're well into the mid game now.

I thought D3 was standard?