Rustchan: a Rust server by anons for anons - /rustg/

Rustchan is a Rust server hosted by anons for anons.

If you play Rust and want a server where you can play in peace without fear of being arbitrarily banned for something you say in the chat or put on a sign, this is for you. It's hosted on a dedicated server in Dallas.

I'd like to see is something similar to 4craft. I think it would be fun to see various boards form their own clans/factions, form alliances and wage war on one another.

Since there seems to be two camps of people, one who want vanilla rates and the other who want 3x rates, a suitable compromise is 2x in my opinion. The rates have been changed as fairly as I could manage.

Server info/rates:
>2x rates
>Friends
>Clans
>Remove tool
>Sign Artist
>Quick Sort

>Connection info
pastebin.com/741QSSyn

>Live map
playrust.io/map/?192.99.18.63:28816

>Q&A
pastebin.com/VfYehUJ9

>Steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/RUSTCHAN

>Discord
discord.gg/WqBWk4r

So I got the server functioning again. The IP changed because the host is incompetent.

Any questions, ideas or suggestions? Post them! I'm open to ideas and criticism.

Other urls found in this thread:

toprustservers.com/vote/19446
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

bump

bump

Is this a ded gem?

No, there are loads of active servers.

We have roughly 20-25 regulars on our young server so far, which is modest. But we're going fast.

The more people we have playing, the more it will snowball

bump

bump

bump

Where my trainyard bros at?

bump

bump

if you want normies to crush, vote to make the server popular

toprustservers.com/vote/19446

bump

bump

I'll join once I get a new computer. Finally have a full time job so just saving up for it in the mean time.

Good luck and work hard user!

bump

bumping

bump

lets play you homos

This game is a lot of fun but sadly it doesn't seem to gain much attention here?

I've never seen a rust general but apparently they used to exist.

bump

bump

bumpin

It's not very good at the moment
It has a ton of problems, mostly with the playerbase as they are all hyperaggressive memeraiders that will gladly use 3 magazines of AK ammo to kill you as you're running around naked, trying to collect basic resources like stones and wood

Yeah everyone is around with the kill on sight mindset, makes forming friendships difficult. Tho i had many keks when i had just finished my waterpipe shotgun and then there came 2 oogaboogas knocking the door down. Ofc i panicked and waited patiently by the door, shotgun pointed at the entrance. When the door failed, I blasted the first nigger right in the face kek

bump

The real problem is that guns and ammo are too easy to get, and the power difference between bow and gun is too big
If I was designing Rust I'd make ammo uncraftable, meaning that using ammo would actually be a big deal, and hearing gunshots and explosions would be an event, not the constant background noise it is now

Maybe a better way would require primers, casings and gunpowder to make bullets, and you'd need to make them at a reloading bench.

The problem is autistic fucks who play it 24/7 after a reset and grind levels in a clan to get c4.

If you join any later than day 1 you are fucked, because there are tryhards running around in full metal with fully automatic guns running in packs of 5+ killing nakeds for teh lulz.

I prefer the old Rust desu.

The trouble is that the levels are far to small for the massive playerbases on the servers
The current procedural maps on something like Frankfurt 1 can support 60-80 people, but there's 200+ active players, with the server going between 120-160 people on the server at any time, meaning you can't walk 10 feet without seeing some stupid shit built by a retard
You would be able to fight back against the people that played since day 1 if you just had time to set up some sort of base in a remote corner of the map, but there's nowhere safe to build without being memeraided by people with rocket launchers and AK's
Really kills the kind of post-apoc vibe the game has

I only go on servers with like 5-10 people online, then you can do something without being gang banged.

bump

I'm not sure why people still even play this game.
The PvE is shit. The PvP is shit. Servers constantly wipe progress just to have the illusion that there is actually content for this game.

I like the pvp actually

The gunplay is fun

But the problem is, if the server population is low enough, you might as well just play singleplayer, or better yet, a better game

Vote you fucks

bump

why cant I connect

bamp