Hey Veeky Forums first time poster

Hey Veeky Forums first time poster.

I got in a bit of a weird situation on my commute to work this morning, a woman in her car rolled down at the light, I guess her foot wasn't on the break... And ended up bumping right into me.

How would I go about being able to buff out the bruising in my car? I just bought it back in November. Any suggestions?

Brake*

Should've had her insurance pay for it

Any clear coat get taken off?

god I hate new paint jobs. looks like a glittery 90's carnival ride. gonna look like shit no matter what you do op

No, just a little bruising

Only cheap car paint looks like that. If you look at the higher end cars like the Porsches, Mercedes, Lexuses, etc. they all have nice looking paint.

probably because they have more pearl and other shit than paint

Need a better photo of damaged area.

Get a new car, kid

>bruising

wat

>Should've had her insurance pay for it
Now that she's driven away from the accident site, she'll just lie about it. She's not going to willingly take a financial hit for someone else.

Get some polish. It'll probably be fine if it's not down to the base or primer.

>drove away from incident

She's fucked more unless you're a complete moronic faggot who thinks posting on Veeky Forums was more important than taking pictures

Thanks, that's probably what I'll end up doing.
Oh yeah, I got plenty of pictures and got her information. The only thing was I wasn't sure if it's really claim worthy since it's not THAT much of damage. Hers was much worse.

>The only thing was I wasn't sure if it's really claim worthy since it's not THAT much of damage
If her insurance pays out, it doesn't matter. Get that shit fixed right, file a diminished value claim (good luck selling it with a report on record), and hope this doesn't turn into her saying you hit her (it probably will; no one's going to believe someone rolled back into you without dash cam footage.).

>She's fucked more unless you're a complete moronic faggot who thinks posting on Veeky Forums was more important than taking pictures
Hmm, you would be right to criticize me in some cases, but you forgot the context. I saw the damage was on OP's front. And her damage was on her BACK. Thus, if she lied, she could make OP the guilty party because the one in back is generally the one blamed. That was the context in which I made my statement, and I assumed that everyone else knew that too which is probably why they didn't jump on my back.

>
>No, just a little bruising

In a separate post, you said the clearcoat was still there. In that case, you normally only need to polish the clearcoat. Remember, the word "polish" in this case is not the homemaker's dictionary word. The auto bodyshop word for polish means it has a very very mild abrasive. This grinds down the rough surface of the clearcoat so that it is smooth once again. Of course, that means the clearcoat is thinner, so don't apply polish to a wider area than necessary.

Polish is listed on the label as being safe for clearcoats. That doesn't mean polish cannot wear down clearcoats.

Before you polish, you will look sideways at the damage in sunlight or other bright direct monosource light. You will see the scratches. As you polish the scratches get less visible. At some point you will stop polishing if you think you might be wearing the clearcoat too thin. Importantly, even a little polish goes a long ways.

When I use polish, I use it sparingly just to smooth out sharp edges. Think of a scratch as a long rectangular canyon. At the top edges of the canyon, the sharp edges make the scratch highly visible. By using polish sparingly, sharp corners of the top edges are rounded. This makes a more diffuse light reflection and the scratch is less visible even though the canyon is still pretty deep. You can continue polishing to wear away at the top surface and thus the canyon becomes less deep as the landscape is worn away by erosion.

The skilled people make a guesstimate of how much erosion the clearcoat can provide and polish down to that level. If you are uncertain, you can go use wax. The wax fills in the canyon for awhile and thus hides the scratches. Eventually, the wax wears away and has to be re-waxed.

As long as the paint wasn't separated from the primer and fascia underneath, just a little polish and waxing should take care of it.

you need an abrasive, go to o'reilly's and get a buffing compund wax

Normies do this shit soo much. My friends vw got totaled by a ram truck where the truckerfag didn't apply breaks because he was on his phone.
Ive also seen women do this in jeeps at stop lights.
Also saw a woman do this while trying to eat Bojangles chicken tenders and honeymustard in a nearby lane.
Easy thing to do is get nu scratch repair bottle, buffer, some finish, and then wax. You do the same when fine wet sanding.

If that's a v6 commit sudoku

This.
Minor dent/fine scraped dent.