/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Previous thread /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 10.7 - Homebrew: Browser/Menuhax up to 11.0)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-11.0 Browserhax & Menuhax are out now! smealum.github.io/3ds/
-Install Menuhax ASAP if you're not already on CFW, because Nintendo can block Browserhax remotely without a workaround. twitter.com/smealum/status/758450605568372736
-You STILL can't downgrade, use CFW or install .cia files from 11.0 without a hardmod or hacked system transfer. github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/DSiWare-Downgrade

>Wii U
-IOSU allegedly happening, update to 5.5.1 recommended. twitter.com/Mathew_Wi/status/766504663826870272
-Enter 104.236.072.203 under DNS Settings to block updates. twitter.com/NWPlayer123/status/766486134356529152

>Vita
-Downgrader in development. reddit.com/r/vitahacks/comments/4yi5bw/write_access_to_vs0_achevied_expect_a_downgrader/
-xyz making a webkit if KOTH challenge goes nowhere. blog.xyz.is/2016/webkit-360.html
-New Vita update released. It patches HENkaku.
-Homebrew available now on firmware 3.60. henkaku.xyz
-Yifan Lu denies H's work on reverse-engineering HENkaku as actual progress.

>PS4
-HENkaku ported to PS4 firmware 3.55 github.com/Fire30/PS4-3.55-Code-Execution-PoC

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/4vv2i2/new_3dsxl2ds_firmware_by_serial_august_2016/
gbatemp.net/goto/post?id=6053875#post-6053875
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The fuck did it get deleted for?

>tfw it was the qa thread

wew i was about to make another one
threads get deleted if the OP gets banned on any board. either the other OP was a faggot or Janitor went full retard

Not all bans delete post history, but the really good ones do.

That was scary.

hopefully that butthurt /qa/fag wasn't to blame for the deletion.

Should I bother buying a 3DS at this point? What kinds will be workable?

Maybe
Jiffylube is a janitor on here

Vita is objectively inferior to N3DS

Anyone know if I can get banned for using Wii U Smash DLC I didn't buy online?

Most are still good off the shelf, but watch for these serials:

reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/4vv2i2/new_3dsxl2ds_firmware_by_serial_august_2016/

Samurai Jack

The Vita has better games tho

Looking at the previous thread, I think I actually see where the janitor was confused. This abortion of a post (containing the op body) also got deleted

/qa/ can cry all it wants.

Are you sure about that?
I wouldn't use the like 5 good games on vita as a selling point for buying a vita over a 3ds.
Especially as the only good stuff you can do with a vita atm is doable on the 3ds as well.
Once we get psp and psvita roms though the argument could be made for the games being better.

I fucking hate everything about the 3DS.
You niggers stole Monster Hunter. You niggers stole SMT. You niggers stole Harvest Moon.
The 3DS has done nothing but ruin the industry. I fucking hate that underpowered piece of shit.

>Console gets better sales
>Devs decide to move the games towards console
Who would've thought?

As if Sony can't be blamed for years and years of mishandling the actual support of its consoles.

Fuck you.

Underpowered?

The vita is far more underpowered than the 3ds, not to mention the 3DS actually has games.

I'm not even talking shit. Superior hardware is nothing without a healthy ecosystem though. I could love if they hadn't bungled the whole thing.

Accurate representation of a sonigger.

That's debatable, however Vita (1000) objectively has the best hardware & form factor combination among all handhelds and 'handhelds' such as Shield.

Hey /v/

Oh, i'm not sorry you feel this way

Wait, we're talking about the Vita? One of the few portale game systems that actually required you to buy a special SD card just to save data on its games?

That vita?

Jesus christ, lol

>required you to buy a special SD card just to save data on its games?
Wrong, but I'm not correcting you :^)

not defending the vita but if you actually think the 3ds has better hardware than it you're straight up delusional

>Sony fags on call

Wonder how few people currently stuck on 11.0 will realize they can keep Homebrew and avoid updating to 11.1 just by running ctr-httpwn if they want online multiplayer.

If you want the objectively better version of Vita then yes, you need to. Unles you're only playing the handful of games that save directly to the game card.

Those games are all crap though. Are you sure you aren't just falseflagging? Or do you think they would have been much better on the Vita?

2000 and PSTV come with 1GB internal, similar to the PS3 superslim's internal 12GB and whatever the 3DS gives DSiware

>piss filter

heh

>If you want the objectively better version of Vita then yes, you need to.
You got that backwards.

>If you want the objectively better version of Vita

I don't want pissfilter Vita. PSTV still needs its blackist removed through henkaku.

The Vita is already getting cheaper alternatives made.
You have no excuse.

>/hbg/ - console wars

Not sure how you're even able to measure the power of the console when it doesnt even have any games to play

>/hbg/ - chink furfags & im@s

I already have two Vitas. A new 1000 non-piss model costs around 120 bucks. Don't see how it could get much cheaper than that, or how you could justify getting a slim for the same price.

>Sent in n3ds for repair
>Might not be turning on since I forgot the put in the payload
>Just realize this

FUCK

It's easy, just check the specs.
If you knew how to use google you could compare the hardware specifications of both consoles and quickly come to the conclusion that the vita is at least twice as powerful as the 3ds.

horny bald goats
huge bladder geriatrics
hellboy general
hypersonic barf grenades
hue br general

>So bad he bought two

You'd think /v/ was 404.

I can get behind that

They should purge this thread again.
I hate low quality shitposting, at least make an effort.

3DS babbies can't spell effort, everything is handed to them and they still find a way to fuck up.

That would precisely be your problem. Well enjoy your high fee and 11.0 Hombrew machine.

Federation force QR when? My PC is in a storage unit

Not sure. We will see.

I'm doing by best to stay put on 11.0 until I get another new 3DS XL in november, so i can do the dsiware downgrade.

Tell the soniggers to take their whining about chink liars and their putrid portable discussion baack to vitagen

>it's literally just the /3dstechsupportgen/ guy again

Gee, what a surprise.

Style savvy fashion forward cia or new style boutique 2 banner fixed when rrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeee

can i get a link to a guide on the easiest shit to use to back up my cart 3ds saves? i got up to luma

>roms
nigga it's iso's for the psp

>You niggers stole Harvest Moon.

Stole it from what? 64 was the best version anyway, so kill yourself I guess?

>You niggers stole Harvest Moon.
I'm sorry, did you mean Story of Seasons?

Just look up "jk save manager 3ds" and you'll find some stuff and the install file. It's really simple to use.

>64 was the best version anyway, so kill yourself I guess?
And you didn't even get it!

Thanks mate. I wanna get rid of my New Mario 2 and Legend of Legacy hard copies. And maybe others. But I def need that Legacy save.

>/hbg/ - Samurai Jack General
This belongs on /co/ :^)

>
>>brick race
>should be the name of our general desu

you have to go back

Did I fuck something up?
What do?

I truly hope we get installable DS games soon. my R4 cart shit the bed and I don't feel like buying another one from some nigger site and get a defective and have to send it back

Can old carts be used on cfw? I have two...

Same. I just hate how poorly the cart sits in 3DSes.

Just manually install the newest Luma if you're worried.

What's the benefit of A9LH over emunand? for fun?

please delete this general or nintendo and sony dies

literally everything. a9lh is installed to the core of your 3ds, runs before even nintendo boots up, and is permanent despite firmware updates.

a9lh is a master key; emunand is a hotel keycard

Don't hold your breath, all the people spouting
>b-but we totally can boot games from SD now which means it's only a few steps away!!!!
are idiots that don't bother to read
Smealum wrote a post about this in >GBATemp:
gbatemp.net/goto/post?id=6053875#post-6053875
>- you can totally make it load your own roms relatively easily if you want to, for example by editing twl_bg, the background process that runs on the arm11...
This is basically what's happened so far, and then if you read on:
>- ...but that's more or less limited to homebrew. basically the problem remains that the game will try to access data from a non-existant gamecard. you could potentially force it to run in twl instead of ntr and redirect rom and save to sd or nand, it the game might not even run due to some funky memory mapping differences. (something to do with mirrors iirc)
>- even with legit games, you're pretty limited in terms of what improvements you could make to the twl_form experience. basically switching into twl mode completely disconnects the arm11 (the only thing running 3ds mode code at that point) from fcram, which is where most (?) twl memory lives. I tried but failed to bring that bus back up. so basically arm11 can't affect twl stuff : can't edit memory, can't control execution in any way (in fact, hitting home doesn't even pause execution iirc)

tl;dr It's still not going to happen

I absolutely despise the 1K form factor for one.

it looks absolutely disgusting.

Anybody got a CIA for the Gotta Protectors DLC?

N64 emulator for Vita fucking when?

>unhelpful
>being mad you asked a retarded question

>6 month old post from somebody not interested in piracy
wow, it's fucking nothing

go cry about freeshop more, retard

3DS EMULATOR ON PSV WHEN

NX EMULATOR ON WII WHEN

PS4 EMULATOR ON VITA WHEN

>...but that's more or less limited to homebrew.
Of course smegma would say this. He would cuck anyone if it meant getting Nintendo-senpai to notice him.

youre slipping down the shit rope, shit poster.

BRICK RACE CIA/TITLEKEY WHEN

>People still saying the 3DS is better
Let's settle this once and for all. Only idort opinions matter.

I just did that. It doesn't seem any better at all.
I think I better try a slightly older version.

I think there might be something wrong with the files themselves.

You know, this may just be one of the best pictures that has been posted in this general. Recently.

Well in this thread.

Oh dear jesus what the fuck.

The one I had was r4i gold 3ds, not sure how many others work

I always hated this too, I thought maybe I was the only one.

It's literally happening soon.

Well, I guess I can just run Luma, and insert the cart. My 2DS probably won't explode.

>:D
it is sentient. Terminate immediately.

PS4K emulator on tamagotchi when?

The way the booting from sd will work is you run the firmware from a flashcart and then load the rom off of your sd card.
The firmware of the flashcart reads it as a rom and launches it.
Its mostly like an emulator of sort and is more getting the flashcart firmware to run correctly than getting the console itself to read the rom as a game.

does Luma run on o3ds?

Luma deblacklists carts.

>w x y z
>emoji
You're unlocking the forth dimension, faggot, and letting the AI take control, this isn't even mustard gas anymore.

How do you unlink NANDs again? My SD card died and I can't remember what I did the last time

Yes but how does that affect me? i don't need access to the boiler room at the hotel user