/hhg/ HOT HATCH GENERAL

A thread for our beloved econobox pocket rockets. Talk experiences, ask for advice and questions and generally shitpost about the Fiesta ST.

>"The Last Good Version" Edition
What was the last good version of your favourite hot hatch, or are they still making it?

>What is a "Hot Hatch"?
A Hot Hatch is a manufacturer produced, performance oriented variant of a standard hatchback, designed for improved handling, increased top speed, acceleration and generally enhance the driving experience.

>Are all Hot Hatches FWD?
No. Whilst most Hot Hatches are FWD, some are AWD or even RWD.

>Isn't FWD shit?
No. Just because you can't get the arse out by stamping on the accelerator doesn't mean you can't have fun.

>Aren't Hot Hatches just for Europoors?
No; with the launch of the Fiesta and Focus ST to joining the MS3 and Abarth in the US, it seems like the Hot Hatch is beginning to take off on the other side of the Atlantic, but Europoors definitely have more choice.

>Is the Fiesta ST actually good?
The Fiesta ST is one of the best small hot hatches on offer at the minute; so yeah they're pretty good.

Other urls found in this thread:

zageturbo.com/index.php/main/products#/details?cid=14&id=10
ebay.com/itm/02-04-HONDA-INTEGRA-TYPE-R-DC5-ACURA-RSX-ENGINE-6SPD-LSD-TRANS-ECU-JDM-K20A-Y2M3-/282054548402?hash=item41abc2dbb2
ebay.com/itm/172226681680
motortrend.com/news/suzuki-ceo-steps-wake-false-mpg-reporting/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>girl cars general

Should i try and buy a Honda ep3 or go for a Focus/Fiesta ST?

I havent driven any of them but i need a new commuter car once i get bored of my project car.

Ill be commuting 120+ miles a day, which one would be comfiest?

This is not a miata thread

Yaris

Thats gay men.
Not teenage girls

An EP3 for 120 miles a day will be tiring.

Why differentiate a dog from a table? Theyre both made of carbon you fucking bigot

No i hate that bullshit center of the dash gauge cluster.

Cant be worse than my project/commuter car, its 34 years old.

I take that back, i see newer Yaris' dont have that

So get a newer one.
Still cheaper and better than the ST

Yeah i just saw that, pic related

Hows the Matrix?

I have an RSX right now but I kinda want a hot hatch for more space.
I'm a poorfag college student, what are my options

I really enjoyed the matrix.
Never got to drive the xrs though....

I figure the XRS would be slower since its heavier.
Drove my friends base model Matrix and holy fuck is it gutless, my 34 year old Corolla has more balls

XRS is the 170hp 2zz model.
I drove a celica gts with the 180hp engine and it was bretty fun.

Definitely at least drive the Fiesta ST before making your decision.

Pretty much the greatest commuter ever made, and it will slowly take more and more of your attention away from your actual project car.

Lol im already getting kinda bored with it.
I figure by the end lf the year ill get rid of it.

I mean, it's still primarily a commuter/econobox. But it's a fun one that you can pretty much take as far as you want.

The Yaris isn't hot though. Not even warm.

120 miles a day? Get a fucking motorcycle.

What do you have? E-70?

zageturbo.com/index.php/main/products#/details?cid=14&id=10
>tfw want to make a toasty yaris or fit
>someone talk me out of tarboing one of these 2

>turboing a Fit

K20 swap it you fool

But that kills a meme, fit already has a VTEC engine, all be it a low output one.

The K20 is one of the most responsive engines to upgrades and a tune, and the fact that it starts off with 190 HP isn't a bad starting point at all, for all the money spent and the work that will have to be done turboing a Fit, you might as well swap the k20 because you get the same or better power at stock performance and will be infinitely more reliable

Te72

I just want something thats not a project, im tired of working on cars

Nowhere to store all my tools or work gear

Is that the coupe? If not which body style is it?

>favorite I've driven
500 Abarth. It's just a ton of fun, and I love how it sounds.
>favorite overall
Probably the Focus RS.

I kind of wish Kia would do a hot Rio or something. I know how Veeky Forums feels about Korean cars, but my first car was a Rio I shared with my dad and it was surprisingly fun just to toss around parking lots and do silly stuff like handbrake turns. It also was dead reliable, aside from the time a sensor went bad and Kia replaced it under warranty.

Its the hardtop

>yes goyim only 4k for a k20
ebay.com/itm/02-04-HONDA-INTEGRA-TYPE-R-DC5-ACURA-RSX-ENGINE-6SPD-LSD-TRANS-ECU-JDM-K20A-Y2M3-/282054548402?hash=item41abc2dbb2

>Mexicans stole your stereo/ac unit and cut the cords
>I now have the task of tracing all ~60 wires and soldering appropriate wires to the new harness

Hold me Veeky Forums

Have you moved away from the Mexicans yet, or are you still in the same place? I would probably just leave the radio out so they don't take it again. A friend of mine lived in a shitty neighborhood and kept putting stereos back in his car, and they kept stealing them.

>engine swaps are easier and more cost effective
kek you fell for the meme

>JDM K20A
>Not getting the more available and cheaper K24A2

ebay.com/itm/172226681680

You were saying

>American'ts LITERALLY have the choice of muh fiesta st or mazdaspeed 3 for their affordable hot hatches, which compromises half of their affordable sports car range

literally kekking myself

Tell me more about these.
Im seeing them for under 13k

I would totally rock one of these

2012 Abarth here. Loads of fun, I've had it since Sept. '14. I'm in Houston too, considering going to one of the /hou/ meets some day.

It's p stock, I am wanting to get the GoPedal for it and a front sway bar within the next few weeks.

I had a Trump sticker on the back and it looked great but I had to regularly go to some ghetto areas for a while and niggers would key my car and yell at me and shit for it so I took it off for the time being.

I also plan on shopping around in the /osg/ for some sticks + getting another Trump one.

I mean I really don't want to do much to this car, it's fun as it is.

Pic was taken today, my baby hasn't been washed in weeks cause of all the rain.

motortrend.com/news/suzuki-ceo-steps-wake-false-mpg-reporting/

suzuki on seppuku watch.

It's the American market variant of the European Kia Pro-Cee'd GT

check out 500madness m8 maybe you find something for ya baby

>tfw not even warmed up hatch
europe yaay

ayyyyyyy

is this car actually considered a hot hatch?

180hp if that matters

I have to replace the AC console and everything. They pried it out and just cut or pulled the wires, I'm not sure because I can't find all the wires that correspond to the harness, I spent like 2 hours yesterday looking for them but no luck.

Also no I did not move away from the Mexicans, I am Mexican myself

No.

I want a three door Mazda 3 RIGHT NOW

>I am Mexican myself

As the Abarth owner above, and a White Texan myself, I can now safely disregard your opinion. Thank you for building my car.

Yeah man I've spent a while browsing around there-- that's where I found out about the GoPedal. Still not sure what to do to it after the GoPedal/sway bar tho.

The K-series is too big and too heavy for the Fit. It would ruin its handling. Forced induction is the better option.

>had take off Trump sticker because of coping gibsmedats

Imagine that

>It would ruin its handling.
>implying the handling isn't already trash due to the twist beam rear axle.

>fiat cuckold
>too scared of having a political sticker and having to deal with fags that scratch his car
top kek

>owns an abarth
>holier-than-thou attitude
top kek

Fair enough, I'll give you that. In my defense, it wasn't so much me being scared as it was me not wanting my tires slashed while unattended etc. It was a money thing.

>is Mexican
>has a valid opinion

top kek

>yfw trump supporters act really tough on the internet but are scared of plastering a sticker on their car

maximum cuckold

>tfw no volvo c30 polestar edition

What kind of MPGs you getting?
Does it have an easy time getting on the freeway?
Maintenance?

Fuck u got me
I'm out

I don't keep track of MPGs but if I fill up on 87 it doesn't usually cost me more than ~$20 a tank, and I drive at least 20 miles every other day, and I go at least a week without filling up. I also drive like an asshole 80% of the time and shift a lot higher than 2k so that probably doesn't help.

Maintenance is easy. I know fiat gets shit for being hard to maintain but I haven't had to do anything besides replacing brake pads and oil changes.

Mines tuned and pretty much full bolt ons, I've only had to change the oil and replace the tires in 22,000 miles.

>A bernie/Shildog supporter calling trump supporters cucked.

TOP MAGA M8

Oh, and 30mpgs/combined on my 93 tune (25 on e30) , probably closer to 35 highway.

I should add on that it has zero problem getting onto the freeway, and if I want to pass someone it's as easy as dropping two gears and putting it in sport mode.

so what's the deal with these? They are shitting on the GTI in every possible was for almost the same price.

that IS a GTI basically.

>"and then he said he supported trump"

>stickers on his car
i'm sorry.
i'm not 12 anymore.

superior RWD

worse materials and a shitty looking interior

'No'

Are you guys allowed the EUDM Headlight units, or would they not meet regulations over there? Something about the USDM lights bothers me, just make the car look more cheap.

Whats the difference between the ST and a Platinum?

10k for a Platinum, 15-18k for an ST

You.dont get the 1.6 turbo in the Platinum you dolt

Why are you so angry?

More space in what way? I used to have a DC5 Type R and the boot was bigger than my Fiesta St, but the Fiesta has more space in the back seats

can AE92 play here? I know we're coupes but I like to believe we are brothers in being FWD underdog
please?
everyone hates my car and makes fun of it

I don't hate your car user, they're fucking sweet, look up a YouTube channel called 7agte, guys got a 500hp turbo ae92

The ST is sporty (something like 200+ total differences between the ST and base Fiesta, including forged rods and some other nice go fast duds), the Platinum is just high trim econobox.

Yeah, but they cost something like $900 to be purchased and shipped from the UK to the States, and they aren't DOT approved headlamps if I recall. Even then you have to add a pin to the wiring harness (if i recall) so that the LED DRL strips work.

im a 6' 2" 230lb freetard, would i fit in a fiesta, fit, yaris and the like?

>freetard

No, because neither of them are open source

>implying open source software is always free

>implying it's free as in free lunch

>tfw dont have the money for that
i just have a stock 4age user
how do I make my car handle better? weight reduction? suspension?
maybe if I'm fast in the corners....

>120+ miles a day
Yo what the fuck?

To make it handle better I would start with tires, but if you're running on stockers I would hold off and do the suspension first including either springs and struts/shocks or a decent set of coil overs and a strut tower bar in the front maybe some anti-sway bars and replace the end links and maybe the controls arms and replace the suspension bushings while at it, then get new wheels and tires

i have a completely stock ae92 gts, thanks for the help user.
is the ae92 a decent thing to even bother tuning though? I don't know.

Tuning as far as what? It all depends on what YOU want to do and whether YOU think it's feasible to do so, people will have their opinions,but so fucking what? If it's what you want to do then fucking do it and to hell with anyone else and their shitty opinions

i've had it for a few years now, it's my first and only car and the car I learned stick on.

I don't know why I care so much about the opinions of others, i guess the
>FWD
stigma all through car culture is starting to snake into my brain

Fuck that stupid >FWD bullshit, there are great cars that handle well and are FWD, yours is one of them if I'm not mistaken, I had an EM1 Si and I loved how it handled and people did still give me shit for putting money into, but fuck 'em I knew I wasn't going to get my money back for the mods spent, I knew the mods wouldn't add any value, it was all intrinsic value and that's really what matters because buying a car and trying to treat it as an investment is fucking stupid unless it's a future classic

I was looking at the Fiesta ST, but it was pretty small, didn't have that many options, and honestly, the MazdaSpeed3 I ended up buying was the color I liked, offered more space, had the larger/more powerful 2.3l engine, had the tech package, and cost $6k less (used).

Overall, I would of liked the lower curbweight and better mpg from the Fiesta, but the added size, options, and increased displacement/power is what made me pick the MS3 instead.

That being said, I really like the Fiesta and Focus.

this
the ae92 isn't even a bad car, it's pretty light , has a short wheelbase , access to all the good old school toyota goodies,plus pop ups if it's a trueno

His is a USDM GT-S, and yes it has pop-ups

FF is for shitters. It has no performance advantages on a perfect clean track or touge and in fact has disadvantages , most "performance fwd" tries to lessen this by being sub 2000 pounds but the shitty AE92 is heavy as fuck. How could Toyota follow up AE86 with AE92? Ridiculous .

Shut the fuck up
A) you have no clue what the fuck you're talking about
B) you're just some shitposter
C) he isn't going to be running it on the track
D) All the above

>he isn't going to track it
Because it's FF?

MS3 is also a great choice.

America finally has a few different hot hatches to choose from with the MS3, 500 Abarth, Focus ST/RS, Golf GTI/R, and Fiesta ST.

Hopefully the trend continues.

No, because he's not a benchracing faggot like you
I have no clue if he is or not, I doubt he is because he doesn't have enough money from what he posted, he probably just wants to hoon around a bit

Suck my Miata cock

is this how Miatafags greet each other?