First car help thread. Also Supra vs Skyline Gtr

1990+ Toyota Supra vs Nissan Skyline Gtr r34 (both manual and as close to stock as possible).

Also, are either of these cars recommendable for a 19 year old as his first/second car or should I be looking at Miatas or the Toyta 86/Scion frs.

Parents want me to buy something along the lines of a modern Corolla or Golf (due to safety, airbags, reliability etc etc) but im buying with my own money so Im still keen on researching other options.

Thanks in advance guys!

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/cto/5580158046.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

thanks

I think you'll kill yourself faster in a supra so get that one.

if you want a Skyline get a R32 GTS-T, i had one when i was 20 or 21. i know some 20ish year olds with RZ Supra and GTR Skyline and they end up wrapping it into a tree

could also get a 180sx or a Chaser/Cedric

You don't have the money to afford an R34 or a Supra so kindly fuck off.

If you don't have at least 80k you can't afford a Mk4 Supra or an R34 GT-R.

washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/cto/5580158046.html

Engine and transmission were both replaced and bodywork was damaged in the past from an accident of some kind.

It's 30k for a reason. A well kept stock Supra Mk4 is not 30k.

lol what? here in Alberta you can get a clean JDM MKIV RZ for around $15k and a BNR34 for $30-$40k, $80k is way off. Supras get dickered only when you want a LHD one thats 3x the price of a RHD one

That's Canada, in the US prices are retarded because we only have LHDs.

And the R34 GT-R in Canada is easily a 60k car now. Prices have gone full fucking retard because people watched fast and the furious and think that the R34 is the fastest car on earth.

Supra's are overpriced especially stock and manual.
Parts availability is difficult so you'll have to order them from japan, and overnight shipping is exorbitant
A cheap 2JZ GE could be decent car by the time you put about $15k in it or more.
But most of these cheap supras are better of in a junkyard than a garage.

Don't buy a corolla. Fuck safety. Get something fun. Safety doesn't mean shit if you don't enjoy it.

Miata all day.

Its 20k aud REEEEEEEE

>auto
>268k miles
This is bait

Americlaps may have to pay retarded money to get Skyline GT-Rs, but at least we get real guns.

Yeah and how is that working out for you?

>first car

Don't get either for a first. You'll die.
My supra is loses traction for about half a second when it hits full boost. I'm fine with it, and any other experienced driver would be to, but not if it's your first car. You will fuck it up.

Can't speak for the skyline, but I'd bet the same applies.

>80k
>americans memeing again

you can get a stock supra TT manual for £15-20k in the UK

R34 GT-R is £30-40k

So what do you reccomend then?

>post ending in 34
I see a gtr in your future.

It's working out great, only had to tip 5 people and shoot one dog on my way to writing this post.

And R32 GT-R prices doubled as soon as they were legal for import in the US. I wouldn't be surprised to see prices double on the R34 when they're legal for US import.

At that point there will probably be only a handful clean ones left and they'll be like 100k everywhere anyway.

not that guy, but a honda civic and shut the fuck up

Would an FD go up in import price do you think? It doesn't seem like it since we have LHD ones already but RHD ones are much cheaper

Yep. Makes me sad. Good thing I personally don't like the R34 that much. I'm hoping that people continue to shit on the R33 GT-R so I can pick one up for ~US R32 prices and modernize it to my personal standards.

I would suspect that FD prices have already stabilized because of the preexisting LHD supply in the market. JDM RHD should only serve to depress the market prices by introducing more supply.

Just buy some old beater, a 96 corolla or something, for your first car. You are going to fuck up your first car.

Fuck off you newfag shitter. Hands off the classics. Learn to drive first. Buy a civic and shut the fuck up.

I am that guy. If you're gonna get a supra, get an NA supra. They are only around 220 bhp so you shouldn't end up wrapped around a tree.

I couldn't recommend any other car as I don't know anything about you. You're going to have different tastes/insurance costs to mine. If you're dead set on getting a TT supra just make sure you behave. Don't ever put your foot down if there are other people around (or you're on a tight road), because as I said you will lose traction for a second when you hit full boost and that could be enough to make a new driver shit the bed and crash.

>19
>Germanfag
>poor
>no license or car
>still wont ever buy a car until I can afford a NA Supra
>will literally buy an automatic and RHD car as my first, expecting to pay 6-7k€

>and nobody can stop me

not op

Here, in Alberta, you can not get a JDM RZ for 15k. 3 years ago, sure - not now. Minimum 20 - 22k for a clean one / good mods.

Only R34 I've seen around 30k has 300,000 KM on it. Typically north of 40k.

Am currently importing an RZ as we speak.

Just get a fucking commodore.

and insurance is $500 a month

You are an American, yes? That takes the BNR34 out of the equation immediately. The MKIV Supra won't be fast stock, but there's no such thing as a stock Supra.

Neither are recommendable for kids. If you don't wreck the thing outright you'll be strangled by the ongoing maintenance costs. They're also theft targets here, and we don't even have a nigger problem like you cunts.

The 86 is a better choice for you. If you really want more speed, JZ swap it. Put a real Toyota engine in it. The 1JZ-GTE takes boost just as well as the 2JZ, and without the FnF tax.

1jz is only like $500 cheaper to buy. Is there a significant weight difference between the two? The engines themselves are cheap, but putting them in the car is expensive. As of now, the biggest struggle with 86 swaps is sorting out the factory canbus features. Only the $6k motec and $3k emtron ECU's can do it, and not all features work yet. I'm several years, once there is more support, I'll hopefully do the swap myself. Pic is of mackin industry's Pike's peak car.

Don't listen to all these cucks
my first car was a modded 335 and I was fine, given I had a lot of natural and learned skill but if you think you can handle it go for it

My exact face reading the OP. I remember when I was 19 too and thought it would be so cool to finance and drive a supra or cobra svt to show off to all the other college kids

Then I grew up.

Get a civic or a cheap old Miata, it'll be hard to kill yourself with such little power

my exact response after reading OP

what the fuck