cycle-ergo.com/

>Noob? Read this:

>Webms with sound
>Previously on /dbt/

Other urls found in this thread:

sltrib.com/news/3984612-155/insurance-company-sues-scouts-over-fatal
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

sltrib.com/news/3984612-155/insurance-company-sues-scouts-over-fatal

>An insurance company is suing the Boy Scouts of America over a motorcycle that was damaged in a fatal wreck caused by a Fruit Heights troop that felled a tree onto State Road 12 in 2014 in Garfield County.

>The troop of boys ages 14 through 17 had obtained a permit to cut and gather firewood Oct. 11, 2014, between Torrey and Boulder when two boys cut down a tree that landed on SR-12, in the path of a motorcyclist.

>Edgar Riecke, 69, of Durango, Colo., died after his motorcycle struck the tree.

What the fucckkk.

Did he died?

Who cares it was probably a harley.

Yep

yep, instadeath.

Need a liquid-cooled 4-cylinder DOHC bike for my nephew, any good options?

Fuck him in the ass and get him a harley.

>tfw dank whoolies on accident during corner for first time
shit was hektik

nah

>hailstorm outside
>bike doesn't work
>playing vidya

And yet by the end of the next month I might be riding on a touge under the same heavy rain.

Makes me feel funny inside.

>my dad doesn't even know how ride but on an instinctual level still knows Harleys are shit

So ABS didn't save him?

>hailstorm outside
>bike doesn't work
priorities man this is the perfect opportunity

Who cares?
Boy scouts are a church organisation, not like the church is broke.

no it will eventually die in the arse if you ride with the choke on, is it set in the wrong place? you say the bike was running so i am assuming all is fine as far as that goes so you should be right until you get the replacement m80

A) No it's not

> is it set in the wrong place?
what do you mean, the choke?
The situation is like this
>No mixture screw means super lean mixture
>put on choke to make it a bit fatter
But I'm not sure it's good to ride with a hole in your carb where the screw is supposed to be

>even KTM owners are breaking now

Heh, I have also a V-strom and same damn thing happened to me: a farmer was cutting down trees and just when I was passing him the tree fell on road. Myfirststoppie.jpg and I just ignored him after that, another murder attempt was already waiting at the next corner.

Got a helmet and jacket the other day, have some hiking boots and tactical gloves. Probably getting a bike this month. The hype is real.

enjoy having no skin

How does yours ring up, /dbt/?

>waiting for my bike to cool so I can pull the carb
>again

again? stock carb or an FCR?

reposting smaller version for ease of use

So if my bikes not Japanese am I not allowed to play?

If your bike's not Japanese you're not allowed to live at all
Just take the freespace anyways, it's a joke

hello requesting help from italy anons pls

swapped my shitty stock carb for another stock carb. Felt a lot better off idle, and didn't flood when I did dank wheelies. But it sputters and cuts out at high RPM and at WOT. I think I need to go down a few sizes on the main jet and possibly a different needle, since the seller said he jetted it for a DRZ with nig exhaust

>Speedo inaccurate
>+10 year old mixed-use tires
>drum brakes
>tunr signals don't work
>250cc
>thumper
>blue
>mud or dirt everywhere
>value kawasaki
>used random screws that just fit
>carbed
>air cooled
>top speed 110km/h ~65mph
>fix rattling shit all the time
>no stickers
>ziptied battery
>21" front

>no handguards
>seat is good
>headlight / tail ilght good
>no dents
>no brewery stickers
>no daily driver -> not plated

i put and FCR39 on mine and i could not get it dialed in just right. i finally said fuck it and just sold the bike.

the stock carb worked perfect though.

I counted both of my bikes but I may be the top score

Opinions on the rc 390 as a first bike? My brothers and dad say go with a 600+ or I'll get bored quick

bought an SV650 AL7 yesterday, I'll get my license monday.

Does anyone have some sort of spreadsheet on when to maintain which parts?
Does that exist yet?

>got a new fairing to replace the zip tied one though :^)

what kind of shit country do you live in that you don't have the bikes service interevalls and what has to be done in these services?

Germany.

Dunno, maybe I'll get it when I actually drive it out of the dealership that day. I assume there has to be an owners manual of sorts.

thanks a lot, guess I have some learning to do .

usage?

Oh. Didn't know they were shit, my family has never owned one. Do you think I should start on a 300 or a 600? I'm a pretty small guy

Frag die nach nem Inspektionsplan, also wenn du wirklich selber machen willst
wenn du nur wissen willst wann du zur inspektion musst, das steht in der Betriebsanleitung / Handbuch

Anyone else read Zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance? Or is it just a book for normies?

Daily rider unless it rains. I'm from San Diego so it shouldn't too often

I have
It's a very good philosophy book

It is neither about zen or motorcycles

Hayabusa

I need advice /dbt/
I currently ride a cbr600rr on my 60 mile round trip commute most days of the week, I love the bike, but I end up cruising at 9000rpm in 6th gear to be able to hold 100mph it feels like the bike is screaming.

Would I be better off with something like an Fz1? I know it would be more comfortable but will it be able to hold 100mph for 30 minutes without feeling like it's killing my engine?

Joa hab ich vor, zumindest was ich kann.

Mein Vater hat ne riesige Garage mit tausenden Werkzeugen, bastelt selber immer an seinen autos.
Wenn ich schon solche resourcen habe sollte ich sie auch nutzen, und sowas können schadet nie.

Is zumindest bisher meine Ansicht, vll is das ja auch naiv.

Also wenn du sie ganz neu kaufst willst vielleicht in der Werkstatt das Zeug machen lassen fürs "scheckheft gepflegt" sein, außerdem solange du Garantie hast (ich gehe mal davon aus du hast), dann hast du nur Anspruch darauf wenn alle inspektionen regelmäßig und in einer Fachwerkstatt gemacht wurden

So close. Need to double check the speedo accuracy though.

D R Z 4 0 0 S M
R
Z
S
M

Alles klar.
Gut zu wissen, dann werd ich das wohl die ersten beide Jahre so machen.

Rode on my friends 390 and that thing feels like it Belongs on the track. I'd suggest a more street friendly bike if your not a track junkie. Maybe a cbr500, not to slow and not to fast

Bad choice IMO. You'll want something with less racey ergonomics and engine. Maybe a duke 690 or something would fit you.

r8

Am besten klärst das aber noch mal mit deiner Werkstatt bzw. deinem Händler ab, kann sein das die da genaueres zu sagen können.
Ich will es nicht schuld sein wenn am ende irgendwas scheiße ist :^)

Hayabusa

it's doable but 390 is a sport bike through and through, designed for going fast on a track and not much else. something to consider

does anyone have that webm with sound saved where the guy on the bike is talking to the drunk guy about how fast his bike is? And how it has 1199 horsepower or something like that

>I know it would be more comfortable but will it be able to hold 100mph for 30 minutes without feeling like it's killing my engine?
more so than your cbr.
Sportsbike are not geared or powered for holding constant speeds, they are geared and powered for acceleration.
You are basically asking if a bike designed for motorway commuting will be better for motorway commuting than a bike designed for racing, which makes you a fucking retard, and i don't know why i am even responding to such a fucking dumb question.

>390 is a sport bike through and through
>390cc
>single cylinder
>sport bike
KEK MARKETER FUCK OFF

super sport? no
sport bike? yes

Thanks ill give it a try

>I counted both of my bikes
thats not how this works

brb just casually lapping losail circuit faster than an h2r

XR Six-hundo

I bought the book but haven't read it yet.

after getting serviced, writing my last will and testament and driving through LA and having a successful round trip, I will NEVER trash talk California again. The lane spliiting law is fucking epic

Supersports are made to rev high. It's not going to rev the engine to death to cruise on the freeway.

Who commutes at 100mph anyway?

I used the tool kit to repair a door at the cabin I was staying in and the speedo is off by >10% above 105mph, does that count?

Take your time; it's pretty easy to understand the parallels between the philosophy components and the narrative but there's a very good practice of demonstrating philosophical concepts in the narrative that explains the theories well.

Autoboners

Yes

it's basically babbies first philosophy book.
full of pseudo philosophical existential crisis bullshit set to the story of some loser taking his annoying kid on a remarkably underwhelming motorcycle trip.
i'm sure you'll love it, you fucking pleb.

why would he be using mph then?

>Who commutes at 100mph anyway?
I just rode over 700 miles constantly fluctuating between 85 mph and 120 on muh vtwin ktm.

the ability of a bike to be capable of sustained high rev is pretty important. Though in 6 gear at 100mph the ktm is around 6k even though it isn't a relatively high revving engine

I used to when I had the VFR. There was a beautiful straight on the motorway with no rozzer outlooks or speed cameras.

Tfw 2 shit bikes x-hundo and xt550 :(

Then, apparently, my nearly new Africa Twin is a shitbike.

Congratulations!

It is!

Did you use the spreadsheet?

eyyy limone
>che ti serve?

Just the answer I was looking for, thanks

I think we have a winner. Come and collect your prize: this wonderful toolkit.

>Zen is a bad philosophy book

Don't believe him, he's either being intentionally obstinate or an idiot who couldn't grasp the book.

It's not about existential crisis, it's not about "questioning what is real and what isn't"

If you think that's the point of the book you've missed it entirely

I was just answering your rhetorical question.

Gonna just chime in with a question.

They suggest jets based on altitude right? Should I jet it for sea level where most of my riding takes place, or set it best to fang it through the hills?

Or just go in between?

He posted a picture of a guy with a katana. I'm pretty sure he was being an idiot.

>going to work this morning
>see a cat on the middle of the road having some hektik convulsions
>oh no
>turn around, park on shoulder
>get off bike, traffic spontaneously stops in both directions
>drag poor kitty to the shoulder
>he's dead as fuck, eyes wide open, not breathing, blood coming from nose
>:(

What a dog eat dog world anons.

Post motocats in loving memory of anonymous kitty.

If you want a good motorcycle book to read, try Jupiter's Travels.

spread sheet wasn't very useful since i had it bored. i called the factory and they gave me some suggestion but it still didn't feel right.

RIP catto, you were a good catto.

Posting rare motocat action.