2016 Scion iM

I'm thinking about buying one of these. Less than $20,000 right off the showroom floor with everything included in pic related.

Th/o/ughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

turbokits.com/Toyota/Corolla/Turbo_Kits/TurboKits.com_Corolla_2ZR-FE_Turbo_Kit/1972/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I thought scion was dead why are they still producing cars?

People here have said it is a shitty corolla. I think they look cool, a nice blue hatch. I'd test it first, see if you like it. It is a Toyota, so it'll be reliable, don't let memeposters here dissuade you from buying it if you like it. Sorry for longish post.

>double-wishbone rear suspension
>6 speed manual
>"shitty corolla"

More like proper Corolla

Only 137hp?
2ZR-FAE?

:/

ehh

sometimes it's fun to drive a slow car fast than vice versa.

They're great. Just avoid the automatic CVT's and they're fantastic for the money.

2016 is the last year for the Scion brand. For 2017, all the cars except the tC move to the Toyota brand. You just asked why Toyota was still making cars.

Gay reply for poorfags

It's true though

Have fun shifting every 1.8k RPM to stay within the speed limit of your area, faggot.

That's a fucking Toyota Corolla with a bodykit I mean "Auris" XD

I hope you're going to Turbo it

turbokits.com/Toyota/Corolla/Turbo_Kits/TurboKits.com_Corolla_2ZR-FE_Turbo_Kit/1972/

I was genuinely surprised at how crisp the gear changes are. I'm not big on buying new, but if that's your thing it's probably one the better econoboxes you can buy new right now if you don't want a Mazda 3.

>he thinks fast = fun

Clearly you've never driven anything other than some Amerilard land barge

yes do it op does not seem bad for a new car

My friend has a 2014 Corolla 6-speed. Quality (some of the plastics) is okay, but if you get it for less than $20,000 then it doesn't matter.

Decent car other than the fit and finish.

It's the last ever year for Scion so get it before they slap a Toyota badge on it.

Does this or the Corolla have a decent manual shift mode with the CVT? I hear the clutch sucks shit in these and the throws are long.

i wish the dumb dumb who posted this would go back and reread it so he can feel embarrised for having posted it

Nope. CVT a shit. The clutch is fine. The throws are longish, but give the aftermarket some time and someone will come out with a short shifter.

Too bad it's a shitty angry modern car. And it makes no torque.

I test drove the iM and it was fun at first, but the lack of power was something that would get annoying fast. I talked the salesman down to 17k OTD, but didn't take it.

Just the lack of power was so off putting, this was the manual by the way. The car was brand new and the check engine light was already on. If you really want it, the time to buy is now. Scion is offering $750 cash back and 0% Apr, very good deal if you just want an A to B commuter.

Well my only other choice was pic related with 143hp

Cars like this could have saved Scion. I think Toyota pulled the plug too quick on Scion, all it needed was a turn around with good products like this.

Not that I mind seeing it with a Toyota badge, but they just needed to scrap the tC, xB, xD and the iQ way faster than they did.

But the iA sucks, should have been a 2 door. I sat in one at an autoshow and the rear headroom is terrible.

The tC is a great product and one of their best selling models. The rest I'll agree with. It's just due for a new generation model.

I hope Toyota eventually brings back a Celica. Though I have my doubts. Now that I think about it, Toyota was the last automaker selling a separate platform FWD coupe. Every other competitor (Forte Koup, Civic coupe) is literally just a 2 door variant of its sedan form.

Nav in center console too? That's sick. Get it

>speed limits physically limit a cars speed
>you're having more fun then I am when we're both accelerating at the same rate just because your foot is to the floor and mine's about 1/4 of the way down

okay i own a 2006 Corolla with a 5spd, and its been nothing but a headache for me, the syncros on the thing are designed like shit, if you look online everyone has this issue with the 5spds. Now sure the technology in 10 years has changed (i hope) but just mind this will ya?

You guys keep calling it a Corolla but isn't it literally a Camry hatch that was only sold in Europe until now?

It's based off a global Corolla platform, but it has a double wishbone IRS, 4 disc brakes and a slightly lowered factory tuned suspension set up from its European counterpart.

It's basically the best handling factory specc'd Corolla platform for sale.

where the fuck did you get the idea it shared anything with the Camry? The fact Scion said it shares the platform with the tC?
The tC was never a Camry. It was a Corolla coupe with IRS, 4 wheel disc brakes, and a Camry engine. The engine was the only thing it shared with the Camry. Don't assume the engine means it shares everything else with the Camry.

>The tC was never a Camry. It was a Corolla coupe with IRS, 4 wheel disc brakes, and a Camry engine.

where the fuck did you get the idea it shared anything with the Camry?

It's based off the Toyota Avensis platform you fucking idiot, totally different from the Camry because it's a platform not used here.

You can get a Fiesta ST for the same price.

Avensis is camry dickwad

It's the auris dumbass.

This guy gets it.

I test drove a Honda HrV which is a lifted Fit with the civic engine. It was way funner to drive and throw around than the iM. The seats were horribly uncomfortable though. Other than that I can't make a comment about the civic. Test drive them all, if you can take your time when buying a car. Good luck user.

It's a solid commuter OP and the six speed is great as long as you treat it like a commuter and let the syncros shift for you. I wouldn't call the cvt shit it's extremely reliable but it is like everything else Toyota makes and is only for comfort

No. The Avensis is based on the Corolla. There is no European Camry beyond the fucking Camry some of them get.

Had you said the Aurion is a Camry, I'd agree.

The Avensis shares the same ROLE in Toyota Europe's line up but it's still based on the Corolla platform.

Hes talking about the tC, idiots. Learn to read.

its basically a corolla hatch. I'd wait until it moves over to the Toyota brand so when you sell it you cant get that reliability meme money

Good point. I was going to buy a Matrix/Vibe 5 speed a while back until I heard about the transmission failure rate.

Then the Rav4 5 speeds had issues with popping out of 5th gear, or vibrating in 5th gear, depending on model year maybe. Kinda sucks to track down a manual because you'd think they would be more reliable than automatics, then find out there's a problem.

The amenities are fucking nice for the price.

BUT HOLY FUCK IT'S UGLY

The iM uses the 6 speed manual from the tC. No problems reported with them since 2011.