50 worst cars

A cuck over at Time magazine has compiled a list of the worst 50 cars ever made. It contains great vehicles such as Ford Exploder, Amphicar, Multiple and Pontiac Aztec.
content.time.com/time/specials/packages/completelist/0,29569,1658545,00.html

What would Veeky Forums have done differently?

shitty dumb normalfag list

>not one but TWO AMCs

I think they can fuck right off.

lemme guess it's from someone who just thinks worst cars means ugly or didn't sell well, and has no car background

I'll pass home boy

>model t
>chrysler airflow
>lotus elite
How can one man be so wrong?

what the fuck

this list has a whole bunch of cars that shouldn't be there

>the model T, are you fucking serious?
>original elise
>gremlin and pacer
>tr7
>LM002
>Ev1 and the prowler
>xtype
>SSR
>aztek
>7 series

the ev1 was fucking fantastic

the aztek may have been a weird car when it came out, but it had a lot of really fucking cool features that make it an excellent vehicle.

this is jalopnik tier bad

>Jaguar X type

Someone copy and past the list here so we don't give them shekels for ad views

If you click the car it has a little paragraph about it. His opinion on the model T has nothing to do with the car itself.

>Uh-oh. Here comes trouble. Let's stipulate that the Model T did everything that the history books say: It put America on wheels, supercharged the nation's economy and transformed the landscape in ways unimagined when the first Tin Lizzy rolled out of the factory. Well, that's just the problem, isn't it? The Model T — whose mass production technique was the work of engineer William C. Klann, who had visited a slaughterhouse's "disassembly line" — conferred to Americans the notion of automobility as something akin to natural law, a right endowed by our Creator. A century later, the consequences of putting every living soul on gas-powered wheels are piling up, from the air over our cities to the sand under our soldiers' boots. And by the way, with its blacksmithed body panels and crude instruments, the Model T was a piece of junk, the Yugo of its day.

1899-1939

1899 Horsey Horseless
1909 Ford Model T
1911 Overland OctoAuto
1913 Scripps-Booth Bi-Autogo
1920 Briggs and Stratton Flyer
1933 Fuller Dymaxion
1934 Chrysler/Desoto Airflow

1940-1959

1949 Crosley Hotshot
1956 Renault Dauphine
1957 King Midget Model III
1957 Waterman Aerobile
1958 Ford Edsel
1958 Lotus Elite
1958 MGA Twin Cam
1958 Zunndapp Janus

1960-1974

1961 Amphicar
1961 Corvair
1966 Peel Trident
1970 AMC Gremlin
1970 Triumph Stag
1971 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron Two-Door Hardtop
1971 Ford Pinto
1974 Jaguar XK-E V12 Series III

1975-1989

1975 Bricklin SV1
1975 Morgan Plus 8 Propane
1975 Triumph TR7
1975 Trabant
1976 Aston Martin Lagonda
1976 Chevy Chevette
1978 AMC Pacer
1980 Corvette 305 "California"
1980 Ferrari Mondial 8
1981 Cadillac Fleetwood V-8-6-4
1981 De Lorean DMC-12
1982 Cadillac Cimarron
1982 Camaro Iron Duke
1984 Maserati Biturbo
1985 Mosler Consulier GTP
1985 Yugo GV
1986 Lamborghini LM002

1990-Present

1995 Ford Explorer
1997 GM EV1
1997 Plymouth Prowler
1998 Fiat Multipla
2000 Ford Excursion
2001 Jaguar X-Type
2001 Pontiac Aztek
2002 BMW 7-series
2003 Hummer H2
2004 Chevy SSR

University is the worst thing to happen to America

They seem to go by the reliability of the 7 series, x type, and the general shittiness of the Aztek. The rest i dont know

The Aztek generally just gets shit on because it was ugly/aged into being even more ugly over time, and the fact that a lot of the interior and some of the exterior got ruined by shitty GM tier plastic.

The concept and features were actually pretty nice, and the car was well received when it was new, the only real complaints being the shitty quality of the interior plastic, and in an era before rear view cameras, that it had shitty rear visibility.

the fact that they are business and school is what is wrong that why you can have some bullshit degree that are useless

Jesus fucking christ

>1961 Corvair
I prolly passed him the other day

>Dan Neil, Pulitzer Prize-winning automotive critic and syndicated columnist for the Los Angeles Times
Literally who?

Wow, what a fucking retard.

>1986 Lamborghini LM002

>This V12-powered super dune buggy gets on the list — well, my list anyway — purely because of its appalling clientele. The "Rambo Lambo" was the civilian version of a military vehicle that Lamborghini sold to those beacons of democracy, Saudi Arabia and Libya, among others. The luxurious LM002 appealed to spoiled young Saudi sheiks wanting to cross the sand to survey their oil field holdings. Uday Hussein, son of Saddam, had one, which the U.S. military cheerfully blew up in 2004 during a "test" to simulate the effects of a car bomb. The LM002 is the forerunner of another large and unnecessary SUV that signals pure contempt for one's fellow man, the Hummer H2. Read on.

Exploder

>How could the best-selling passenger vehicle in America 14 years running, the mother of all mom-mobiles, the beloved suburban schlepper of millions, wind up on this list? Forget about the whole Firestone tire controversy. In its very success, the Ford Explorer is responsible for setting this country on the spiral of vehicular obesity that we are still contending with today. People, particularly women drivers, discovered that they liked sitting up high. Even though more fuel-efficient minivans do the kid- and cargo-hauling duties better, people came to prefer the outdoorsy, go-anywhere image of SUVs. In other words, people became addicted to the pose. And, as vehicles got bigger and heavier, buyers sought out even bigger vehicles to make themselves feel safe. Helloooo Hummer. All of that we can lay at the overachieving feet of the Explorer

Chevette

>I include the Chevy Chevette only to note that even the most unloved and unlovely cars have their partisans. There are Pacer fan clubs and Yugo fan clubs, and if there is a Chevette fan club, let it begin with me. My girlfriend in college had a diaper-brown Chevette three-door hatchback, as bare bones as an exhibit at the natural history museum. It had a 51-hp engine and a four-speed manual transmission and not much else. It was loud and it was tinny, but we drove that car across the country three times and it never failed us. Once I got a 85-mph speeding ticket in it. That was on the down slope of the Appalachians, but still. The last time I saw that Chevette it was still plugging along. Vaya con Dios, old paint.

WHY THE FUCK IS IT BAD THOUGH YOU LITERALLY TYPED A PARAGRAPH SAYING YOU LIKED IT WHAT THE FUCK

>As the North American International Auto Show kicks off in Detroit, TIME and Dan Neil, Pulitzer Prize-winning automotive critic and syndicated columnist for the Los Angeles Times, look at the greatest lemons of the automotive industry

>Pulitzer Prize-winning automotive critic

well it sure seems like he hates cars, so "automotive critic" makes sense.

The list seems ok. There's glaring faults with almost all of the vehicles listed. Hes not too far off tbr.

>normalfags in charge of anything

God-fucking-dammit, do I EVER loathe yuppie SJWs. This is the kind of fucking rag trash that I expect from Mother Jones or Vice, and NOW it's coming out of Time. Unrelated, off-topic, uninformed, ignorant, politicizing, pandering sacks of shit, the lot of these San Franciscan fucktrups.

He lifted all he knows from fucking Wikipedia. God-fucking-damn, this shit probably doesn't know his ass from a muffler, and he gets to write for reputable periodicals because a piece of shit, yuppie SJW.

Actual experience isn't required. Just be a criclejerking SJW, willing to write ignorant trash for die partei. Instant awards and Pulitzers.

pretty much true about the explorer though

ye but youd at least expect something like a ford tempo or such

all these cars are shit who gives a fuck none of this garbage can touch the mighty gtr

>I don't like the model T because it changed the face of business, and manufacturing and put America on course for being the powerful industrial nation to ever walk the planet. B-but it wasn't built very well according to my arbitrary standards, sniffle sniffle.

>I don't like the Ford Explorer because it changed the automotive landscape like the Model T and first gen Mustang, with the impact of it's design being directly felt 25 years later.

This is a shit list.

Blaming the explorer for any of that is like putting the gun in jail after a shooting happens.

Fuck this SJW San Fagcisco motherfucker. Journalism is dead.

>overpriced and overcomplex Mondeo
I have no problem with this inclusion.

>Lotus Elite

>Model T is a shitty car because it made cars popular

How could any human being be this fucking stupid?

Why 7 series? I agree the pre facift one isn't a looker but it's a damn good luxobarge, pretty fun to drive as well for a car that big.

>GM ev1

he is a confirmed faggot

literally the only good car made by GM

Same goes for the multipla. Yes it is hideous but that warrant a listing among the worst cars ever? No it doesn't. I owned one for years and it was the most practical, most reliable car I've ever had and it was fun to drive to boot. Its ugliness made it so likeable, I miss it

>Mfw I drag raced my lesbian friend in her turtle green Aztec against my Legacy, and lost.

I like that girl and her silly automobile.

>

get that clickbait out of here

Even if it was shit, even the description of a commie car is underwhelming.

Someone whip this guy with a timing belt and then shove his poolicker prize up his bottom.

>1956 Renault Dauphine

fuck no, Time you're retarded

>The Bi-Autogo does enjoy the historical distinction of being the first V8-powered vehicle ever built in Detroit, so you could argue it is the beginning of an even greater folly.
Yeah, fuck off

This shit pisses me off so much

>Horsey Horseless
>It's not clear if the Horsey Horseless was ever actually built or if it is a chimera of auto history

How can a car that doesn't even exist be one of the worst?

>Mosler Consulier GTP
>Warren Mosler, a brilliant economist and investor, built his sports racer out of bits and parts that fell off the Big Three's table — a steering wheel from a minivan here, a Chrysler engine there, some mismatched gauges — but mostly what he did was to add lightness. The resulting fiberglass-bodied car had a marvelous power-to-weight ratio and did so well in racing that it was eventually banned. Or it might have been that the course workers were suffering from post-traumatic stress from the sight of the thing. Mosler had thought of everything but a stylist, and the pride and joy of this arch-capitalist looked like something from an East German kit-car company. Truly one of the ugliest cars ever, the Consulier GTP proved once and for all that building a car is harder than it looks.

How can a race car that's so successful that it gets banned be the worst? How? Isn't that the point of race cars? To be as fast as possible? Apperantly not. Race cars actually are show cars, the objectively prettiest one wins (ofcourse ignoring the fact that something like looks aren't objective)

>Fiat Multipla
>I think: Well, it's ugly but from what I heard, it's pretty practical and stuff so how can it be bad?
> I rented one of these in Europe and it worked beautifully, but it was just so tragic to look at. The Multipla (and the Aztek and the Consulier GTP) reminds us that cars cannot just work beautifully. They have to be beautiful. At least they can't look like this.
>cars cannot just work beautifully. They have to be beautiful

FUCKING WHAAAAT? How can a car that "works beautifully" be one of the worst cars ever?

I'm only mad because they merely threw in all the "headliner" cars (exploder pinto corvair) yet they say the last two weren't much more dangerous than the norm of the time e.g. no cars had seatbelts and had metal interiors.. The exploder was a tire issue I believe.. I see them everyday so I'm sure they're fine.

The excursion was a beast though
Idk why ev1 is a bad car
X type is laughable

But they did nail it with the likes of the cimarron yugo and 8-6-4..

This is some shit I'm seeing.

The prowler and the HHR were objectively the best looking cars of the past 20 years.

This guy is a faggot.

>HHR
Let's not get ahead of ourselves here

Correction:SSR

>the corvair is bad meme
Fucking Christ just nuke us already

In which Veeky Forums falls for the clickbait machine TIME has become.