Talk to me about the VW Jetta Veeky Forums

talk to me about the VW Jetta Veeky Forums
I'll be car shopping this weekend and I wanted to know if it's a good idea as a first car because there's a few in my price range in my area. I know they're in the sticky but that's only for a new second hand car purchase and need to know if the reliability issues are too much for a first time car buyer/owner.

Other urls found in this thread:

cleveland.craigslist.org/cto/5623111862.html
cleveland.craigslist.org/cto/5614092408.html
cleveland.craigslist.org/cto/5622934682.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I would avoid them. They are famous for their unreliability.

My ex had one and used the trip meter to measure the distance between breakdowns, which btw, was never more than 700 miles.

Yeah and the golf is the exact same car which is famous for it's reliability.

Fuck off idiot

You'll be bombarded with "unreliable". They're not, they're picky about maintenance, like most VAG-vehicles.

What year? Mileage? Post a link

It's more of a girl / fag car than the Miata

the jetta is like a girl version of the civic or corolla

these
cleveland.craigslist.org/cto/5623111862.html
cleveland.craigslist.org/cto/5614092408.html
cleveland.craigslist.org/cto/5622934682.html

wut, 1.9TDI engines are unkillable

Shit damage control mate

Im not even that guy, but it's the truth. It's such a prevalent thing in culture, more than Miatas being for fags. There are plenty of comedy bits in modern tv shows about girls and jettas. Jettas are for the spoiled bratty girls.

These are all shit and would probably not treat you well.

I'm not gonna get into this discussion because I'm from Europe and it's just a basic enonomy family car over here. My point was that the previous post is completely irrelevant to the thread. It was all about reliability up until this point.

I don't watch tv m8 but my jetta is pretty cool and I don't feel like it's girly or anything

I heard that in germany they are considered old people cars but who really gives a shit

No it wasn't. This is a new point. Also yeah those cars you linked are junkers
>lives in europe
>instead of getting the awesome cars you guys have
>you get a jetta

>instead of getting the awesome cars you guys have

aren't like 90% of cars in europe 1.0L shitboxes?

Read the OP you brain dead cunt.

Not the American market versions. American market versions are known for unreliability.

Car in question was a 2.0L 8V.

Probably in the most cucked parts. It's mostly 1.9 and 2.5 diesels in my country though.

The drivetrains are literally interchangeable. they are exactly the same underneath what the fuck are you talking about

How does the OP change what I said

DO NOT GET ANYTHING THAT DOES NOT HAVE THE VR6 ENGINE

VR6 OWNER HERE

It proves that this thread indeed is about reliability and not about your insecurities.

>come to get schooled in some automotive knowledge
>stay for the show

except the American market cars were built in Mexico where the quality control buffoons were paid in chickens.

The European market versions aren't built in Mexico and are built to a much higher quality standard.

They're pieces of shit. You could get a kick ass Peugeot, you could get an awesome BMW and maintain it for cheap, you could go Japanese and get the highest trim cars that are reliable easy

Congratulations, you've made a somewhat relevant post to the theme of this thread. That's all I wanted from you.

The mexican plant built pretty much all VWs for the US market you cockmunch. Most of the parts are the same and are made in germany

>an awesome BMW and maintain it for cheap

pic related my mexican jetta

Way cheaper than America
You're a dumb kid, FF is shit

>Way cheaper than America
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't OP American?

>FF is shit
this isn't Tokyo Drift pal

ff can drift though

>2.0L 8V.

the 2.Slow is reliable as hell too summerfirend.

The electronics on the mk3 aned early mk4 has issues as VW switched many components from VDO to Bosch.

Girl car yeah, not a homo car at all. The Miata is the undisputed king of turd burglar rides