/owg/ Overwatch General

A Legend Falls Edition

>Official Stuff
us.battle.net/overwatch/en/community/

>Competitive Info
gosugamers.net/overwatch
over.gg/

>The Oversheet (Damage values and other numbers)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QgTenq3s-YesFgb-CPI6yIPpp4K9xot7LhTBo3Tm0Pk/edit#gid=1751764739/

>Wiki
overwatch.gamepedia.com/Overwatch_Wiki

>Stats and Leaderboards (Unofficial)
masteroverwatch.com
overbuff.com/

>Official Comics
comic.playoverwatch.com/en-us

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/11035206
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

hana song

Jamison Fawkes!

Hope the new Quake doesn't get balanced based on forum complaints.

Cutest and best pairing

IMHO hero rekits would ruin overwatch

Genji Shimada!

A legend falls but muh dick rises

hanas ong

>make new accurate objectively better hitboxes
>ditch them and go back to "big box for body, another big box for head" hitboxes because the game became too hard
only in blizzard games

make an overwatch tulpa

I think having an ever-expanding roster is a better way to do that anyway.

might as well do a shameless copy-paste

Besides finding her personality grating as fuck and thinking she's probably the most annoying character in the game, DVa is also the one that seems the most out of place. I can get over the premise with the military using pro-gamers to run mechs, but we're still talking about the military .... as in conflict, as in killing people and/or omnics.

There not a single line of hers that she belongs in the military or anywhere near a battlefield.
> let's shoot for a new high score

bitch you ain't on twiitch ffs

/rant over

Does this mean that hanzo will be good again

B E S T girls

I forget fan the hammer is a thing.

Meanwhile Blizz fell for 76 script meme and still refuse to un-nerf him.

gg ez misfits

How do I get even better with Tracer? Her basics finally clicked with me tonight and I wanna put some good hours in with her.

Blizzard has never had any clue how to balance for a "competitive" game. Once Kaplan said "we don't want lower tier players playing a different game than higher tier players" this game was done as an "esport". It's going to get watered down and watered down.

That art is awful as fuck

>Genjo can now reflect another Gengu's Dragonblade

will they ever stop

Classy lady coming through

>this game was done as an "esport"
No it wasn't

If you cannot make progress otherwise there are two shortcuts:

1. Fear. If you fear your tulpa, your brain will subconsciously assume that your tulpa is real and independent and your progress will be accelerated. However the fear has to be real so you must preferably be susceptible to creepypastas (which I am no longer able to achieve).

2. Shrooms. Shrooms change your mind so that you can make a tulpa quickly while you are tripping, you might need a few trips though.

Both of them might have risks so you will want to use them only if you fail to make progress otherwise.

Also don't forget active forcing it's pretty important.

>The announcers didn't even notice Fnatic's D.Va ate Graviton Surge while on Defense

the hitbox nerf did nothing except make two of the weakest heroes in the game (hanzo and mei) even weaker

reverting them was the right choice, now they just need to revert the 76 nerf and they're good

She's classy even in the lewdest moments. I love her
Really

The sheer idiocy of that statement is pretty staggering. They are bad players LITERALLY because they play another game than the top players. The fact that they don't understand the game and can't tap into the high skill stuff like AIMING FAST AND ACCURATE is why they are bad in the first place.

You can't balance or design a game around shitters.

DESU having it be "pros and pleabs play 2 different games" would make it like melee where wavedashing seperates.
>Look at enemy team
>their Lucio cant _____
>they suck

Seltzer is so fucking annoying...

but damn i would smash her hard

Maybe the Korean military was desperate. Only Starcraft professionals had the superhuman reflexes needed for piloting a mech, and they have no option but let them be their un-soldierlike themselves.

love dva

Yeah they did do something. They made the game feel less shit.

Hanzo/Mei needed faster projectiles/less delay on their shots. The reason they are unreliable isn't because the projectiles are too small, it's because the projectiles move too slow, so you literally have to guess "left-right-stay" when you aim on someone because you can't lead your projectiles based on what you see.

Learn to position your Recalls. Always make a note of where you were 3 seconds ago so you don't accidentally Recall into a fight, or right in front of the enemy.

Don't engage unless you have at least 2 blinks ready and a 3rd half into it's CD. When you do engage, don't fall into the trap of trying to unload your entire clip. Tracer needs to poke, and if your target knows you're coming you can die very quickly, so blink away, reload then try again.

Trace can blink in any direction, even if she isn't facing it. Make use of peaking around corners, with it for quick escapes or ambushes.

Keep in mind were health packs are. If you blink past a health pack, you will pick it up. If you're in a fight with someone and you're nearing a health pack, let yourself get a bit of chip damage to deny them the heal. You're faster than them.

Hope that helps.

>Genji can deflect a swing from a hammer 3 times his size

So this is the power of 1000 times folded over Nihon steel...

I do

stun + headshot is better

Why are people spamming HTML in ESL chat? I don't understand Twitch.

>watching one person constantly fuck up all game
>doing the same mistakes, over and over
>they pick out someone else on the team and rant about how shit that person is regardless of their performance
Why is this so common

years of practice friend

Can anyone give me a quick overview on what's the current meta of this game?
I got rank 65 when comp was just released, by playing solo, I haven't played since the new character was released.

Also, how is ranked? Is it still dependant on sudden death more than anything?

I use it pretty often but almost never for actually killing anyone. Just dump it into big targets.

Overwatch is like a cartoon. You have to apply cartoon logic to it. There's no blood, there's no inner conflicts, there are no on-screen deaths save for bi-pedal robots. They're heroes on a saturday morning cartoon. There are implications of some heavy shit, but it's in the distant background.

How Sombra goin?

I love you

No, now they run timebank, which is stopwatch's retarded little brother.

>it's a no one picked Genji episode

when is this coming out?
and the new map for that matter...

>Getting OHK'd around corners by something that didn't even hit
>Fine

I agree about 76 though. Attack heroes will be just as sad as defense heroes now that Genji is nerfed too. Of course Genji needed nerfing, but now McCree is the only DPS who can put pressure without ulting

So sudden death has been removed?
I'm honestly okay if that's the case, the coinflip was fucking cancer.

Not that user, but thank you for the advice.
I decided to get more serious with Tracer after getting Sprinter and the more I play her the more I enjoy it. It's getting hard to switch to other characters already, no one else is anywhere near in the fun department.

Also, is Tracer is ever viable in Defense at all? On some specific maps at least?

Spoiler: he has robot strength

strawpoll.me/11035206
strawpoll.me/11035206
strawpoll.me/11035206

I'll take a good Genji over any other good hero though.

It's just a coin toss. If you get a good Genji, you'll most likely win. If you don't get a good Genji, you have an useless teammate.

They should change Widowmaker's tripmine with a move that lets her sit on my face.

> mfw

I don't want hanzo meta, please god anything but that.

I get the reflexes part but you expect some sort of discipline and profesionalism when trying to manage other people (especially when you are trying to manage and lead soldiers in a war)

Does DVa sounds like has any sort of discipline whatsoever?

QP Is hell. How can people be okay with that shit? I want my season 2 as fast as possible

It's just an exaggeration of real life. South Korea has mandatory (for males) military service, and it's very common for progamers to quit gaming to do their service.

Keep saying that goldshitters on Reddit are gonna keep whining about things that kill them until we get 3-3 lineups (three tank, three support). Nobody believes me though.

>S:76 completely gimped
>Widow completely gimped
>Genji hit by the nerf hammer
>Pharah gets hard countered by two of the supports
>D.Va buffed
>Mercy healing buffed
>Zenyatta buffed

McCree is the last vestige of a dps hero that can actually do his job.

Oh why? You don't want to see that fuckin dragon every 20 seconds?

>tfw Widowmaker will never beat you within an inch of your life and sit on you afterwards

Well, fuck. I want some guts, gore, torture, nudity, rape and drug use.

GTA is popular with children so I don't get why Overwatch can't have those too.

>it's an enemy team has Genji, Tracer, Pharah, Lucio, McCree and a tank and you're the only one on your team who can aim episode

An international super star and pro competitior?

She probably has more self-discipline in her pinky toe than all the posters in this thread combined.

But Roadhog is not OP because he's a tank.

you want more kids? 76 mains are abundant as is

I am applying cartoon logic to it, or internal consistency. If I think of the heroes in the game as something from, let's say, GI JOE, then DVa is like something out of Tom & Jerry (there might be a better example but you get the point) - something compleltely out of place, even in a cartoon world

> She probably has more self-discipline in her pinky toe than all the posters in this thread combined.
She doesn't exist. We do.

>GTA is popular with children so I don't get why Overwatch can't have those too.

Can't tell if you're joking or an idiot.

In any case almost any other shooter except for Team Fortress is badass grim realism for little boys so I am very happy Blizzard doesn't go that route.

She's popular superstar. I would imagine the army has some positive PR from having her around. And just because she spams memes toplease her stream viewers, doesn't mean she has no discipline in actual action against omnics.

No problemo. She became my main after all of Pharah's counters got even stronger + Ana. She's stupid fun, and it helps that she's cute af.

>Also, is Tracer is ever viable in Defense at all?
And yes, she can be. You'll play her in largely the same role as when playing offense: go deeo, poke, GTFO. It'll be a little more difficult to get to their supports when playing defense, but you can do some damage certainly.

>On some specific maps at least?
KOTH is perfect for Tracer, since the maps are small and largely flat, you can traverse them better than any other hero to harass the enemy, and contest almost as long as a skilled Lucio.

GTA is rated M for """""mature""""" 17+
Overwatch is rated Teen

Yes, I know, most kids today saw every episode of Saw and ESRB/movie ratings mean little, but from an official viewpoint blizzard will not shoot for an ""older"" audience.

I think this is one of the reasons why custom patching their games is this hard now: quite a few games got mature rating, because they let the user add custom content (read: nude patches, lewd clothing and sex mods. what fucking else?).

'course she is.

When you are 1337 spec ops operator operatin, nobody cares about your discipline unless you physically assault a superior officer.

Overwatch is hardly Mature Vidya for Mature Gaymers, but it still has some dark shit in the background

>Widowmaker
>Reaper
>Tracer

Just to name a few who have rather grim backstories for how cheery the game presents itself.

but there's none of that appearing in the game, not in her lines

> winky face
> let's shoot for a new high score
> D.Va: 1, Bad Guys: 0
> Is This Easy Mode?
> I'm #1

not even in her emotes

Are Any Of Us Really Real?

>mfw there are dudes 30+ years old playing this game
>most dudes playing this are early 20s in my experience
>rarely see any kids on

>People complain that QP is too silly now with ranked not running
>All of my QP games are against all the rank 70-80+ players I played against in ranked
>Super tryhard games that are made worse without hero limits

I'd rather queue into 6 sym games all day long and not this tiring mess.

>Season 1
>End at rank 60 with 80 hours with Pharah (next highest is 18 hours with Lucio)
>Determined to get better at Tracer
>At first hate it
>Always dying, fuck 150 health
>Slowly get better, learn to manage recalls and blinks
>Learn maps in totally new way now, always looking for flank routes
>Now getting gold elims
>Now buliding ult 5-6 times a game
But how I knew I was getting better
>ENEMY TEAM NOW FULL OF SALT
>NERF TRACER
>WOW ULT AGAIN?
>KILL THE FUCKING TRACER
>CAN'T YOU PLAY ANYTHING OTHER THAN TRACER?

I'm still a shitter, but I'm having good games now. Thanks for helping /owg/

> Anubis defense solo queue
> other team (5 stack) memes around with 5 DVA and a Lucio
> roll through us on the first point
> point B we go 1 Lucoo 1 Zen 2 Mei 2 Reaper
> shit on them for 8 minutes

Is there any better feeling than when your group of randoms stomps a premade?

How old are you user?

being a mccree player is suffering
>everyone and their dog has a way to counter your kit

Welcome to the light.

31 years old and rank 77, get gud kiddo

>Get gud as Tracer
>Go back to playing tank and support since my crew found some committed DPS players
>Go back to playing Tracer
>Can't aim for shit

I'll just stick with the fucking Monkey.

Thanks. I've been reluctant to play her on Def for now, falling back to tanks instead, but I will give it a go. Comp is out anyway.

>KOTH is perfect for Tracer
Oh yeah, KOTH has quickly become my favourite type of map thanks to Tracer.

>She's popular superstar. I would imagine the army has some positive PR from having her around.
that does sound plausible

>And just because she spams memes toplease her stream viewers, doesn't mean she has no discipline in actual action against omnics.
we can assume a ton of things, such as

when the gets out of her suit and is home, alone, she drinks whiskey and cries in the corner about all the lives she took and how she can not keep that facade up for the sake of the military and their recruitment effort

but that doesn't mean they are true in the game's world and there's nothing there as far as I know that shows any sign of discipline in her

You need to do whatever you want for a day or so.

I was like that too and was only getting super try-hard lobbies until I said fuck it and started playing what I wanted when I wanted. After a bit of losing to some full meta teams for a few rounds you'll get put into some lobbies with shenanigans

I'm an ex-Pharah main looking to main Tracer as well. The difference between you and I is that I'm not particularly good at Tracer yet. How many hours of Tracer did it take for you to git gud?

And Bastion is a literal terminator and his flashback was straight out of Starship Troopers, but he's probably one of goofiest and most childish characters ingame.

At least you have the satisfaction of knowing your success is entirely skill based.

Overwatch bunnygirls? I've seen a few but

Are you a wizard? inb4 you aren't.

They said the map would be on the PTR shortly and would hit live servers early Sept.