Transit for Mobile Home

I'm thinking about buying one to make a temporary home/mobile workstation. I move around frequently to job sites, so I want something I can live in for about a year.

I'm already used to living in a van, which is what I did during high school. Now that I actually have money to make a proper luxury studio/home I would be able to enjoy my time living in a van.

The van would be $38k, but it would pay for itself in a matter of months.

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/RijZM
reddit.com/r/DIY/comments/4n7ku1/how_i_converted_a_rusty_cargo_van_into_a_unique/
convertyourvan.co.uk/largevanprices.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

well if it makes sense financially do it.
just park near gyms

I would park near gyms, and see if there are any campgrounds/truck stops to go to as well.

I don't want to sign a lease for a small apartment that I'm going to be paying $2k a month for. I'd rather be able to move around than be stuck in San Francisco as well.

Here's a very basic outline of the sort of thing I'm looking at.

would it be big enough?

i've thought about this, a transit would be a perfect car for this

but sleeping there would be a little awkward, as there isnt any barriers between the cab and the back of the van, so people would be able to see shit from the windshield, which removes any kind of privacy.

is there any way to isolate the cab?

Yes, I don't need a full-sized camper.

For 11th and 12th grade I lived in a 1998 Explorer, and I worked it just fine. I have a decent amount of carpentry skill, so I would be able to make space work.

Blackout curtains and window blinders. Pic related.

(Going to be dumping inspo)

>it would pay for itself in a matter of months.
How?

here's some inspiration OP

imgur.com/a/RijZM

reddit.com/r/DIY/comments/4n7ku1/how_i_converted_a_rusty_cargo_van_into_a_unique/

Now that looks comfy

bed is only 5'4'' mind you.

This van is pretty fucking amazing.

6-figure salary (mechanical and electrical engineer) + not being forced to pay expensive rent.

Yep, a friend sent it to me on steam when I mentioned I'm thinking about living in a van. Everything about that is perfect.

No rent and no utilities. Although it would probably take more than a few months.

this would solve those problem

But transit
Buy sport bike crotch rocket
Store bike in transit
Sleep in transit

This is the best life

You're going to hit your head when standing up if tall, i'm 6ft3 and i have to bow my head when i'm in the back getting materials out.

Rent in the area averages around $2500 w/o utilities. That's for a shitty ghetto apartment, much less without insurance and for a nicer apartment. It'll amount to nearly $5k a month for just living in a decent area.

So about 8-9 months it'll pay for itself. I plan to live in it for a year or more.

I'm a 5'8" manlet.

I already have a Ruckus, but I am thinking about getting a small 250cc bike.

convertyourvan.co.uk/largevanprices.html

What's wrong with a 20-something foot RV? You can get a toyhauler that's just a few years old for that kind of money, and actually have a real shower and bathroom.

>.co.uk
Insurance is awful with those, and they require a lot more care than a converted van.

You're fucking joking right? Your homes are made of wood and plaster rock.
What makes you think you can't do the same in a van.

mini-rv, that's quite unique!

For living on the street under the radar do you guys think a box van or work van would be to suspicious looking over a regular transit van?