Monster Hunter General - /mhg/

All-consuming snarfer edition

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 / Search
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, MHFU, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

siliconera.com/2016/05/16/capcom-new-monster-hunter-game-along-major-titles-planned/
gematsu.com/2016/08/capcom-announces-tgs-2016-lineup
capcom.co.jp/ir/english/data/pdf/explanation/2015/full/explanation_2015_full_05.pdf
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qW43OkWIXL8MA06HiGsShUoW7xzWVE-hRjKAoE5Jyzs
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender_differences_in_suicide
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Lance?

No thanks, I'm straight.

Nekoht means cat.

What is with meme about astalos and rathian when it's only ever seen with rathalos?

>bushido encourages le sic dodge gameplay
>doesn't reward king evade lancers

worldeater nibelsnarf DLC fucking when

I miss old evade lancing desu
Is it still viable?

Gun?

>hunting with /mhg/
>db and I keep tripping the hell out of each other fighting for the head
>tells me not to shield bash when we get back
>I leave out of indignation
I just want to say sorry, I should have been sword comboing into backsteps but got carried away

I could have just swapped to gunner as well

siliconera.com/2016/05/16/capcom-new-monster-hunter-game-along-major-titles-planned/
>In addition to the popular franchise’s upcoming 3DS RPG Monster Hunter Stories, Capcom has plans for a new Monster Hunter title and more according to their financial results briefing for the year ended March 31, 2016.
>Keep in mind that two million units isn’t exactly the number Capcom would expect from a main entry Monster Hunter title, but we’ll likely hear about a new spinoff title for the series [for console] in addition to Monster Hunter Stories, based on what was mentioned in the financial results briefing.

gematsu.com/2016/08/capcom-announces-tgs-2016-lineup
>Capcom will stream Tokyo Game Show 2016 live from the show floor on September 15 from 20:00 JST, and September 17 and 18 from 10:00 to 17:00 each day. Expect the latest information on Capcom’s upcoming lineup.

>bashing as a SnS
Do you know
literally
anything at all about the weapon?

>tfw the only available /mhg/ room is a Charlotte room

already was in 3U and everyone was buttmad about it
why won't it?

I have a mission for you guys.
Mainly because I'm curious myself and I want to see if you guys in /mhg/ even agree on how to do it.

I want you guys to calculate the actual damage done in raw and elemental.

>Monster part you hit
Rathalos Tail
>Weapon you hit with
Alatreon Revolution (180 raw white sharpness, 45 dragon element)
>Attack you use
Simple LVL 3 charge

No skills to account for.

Do you think you can do this? I bet if five of you did this, I'd get 5 different results

nope
but I learned something today as I said

I haven't whacked it in a week

Post your BIGGEST sluts

pass, not autistic enough

>bushido had the chance to make guard lance competitive without drastic changes to lance mechanics overall
>SQUANDERED IT
>evading is just a side benefit of the new superior charge lancing with striker
not sure how to feel desu, I've always liked charging around like an idiot with my lance but well-timed counters feel better than anything else you can do with a lance. And that and shieldpoking for status application are about the only things lance does that actually feel like how a hoplite class should function.

I meant the """"thread""" about the charm farming, duh, not the monhun thread itself. It's no longer there (or perhaps it's not even there in the first place and someone was bullshitting).

Anyway I found the other source which contradict your ""claim"". The japs do eat for explorer.

There is no source confirming that this 2 million title isn't referring to stories.

>literally bashing R. Ludroth nonstop in the face with my horn the entire hunt
>never KOs
Wat
I even have KO King on my set, bitch should have been knocked the fuck out

which game is this for? if it's generations you'll have to say what style it is, I don't know what the mechanics are like in G anyway so I won't be contributing if so :^)

>a new title in addition to stories

capcom.co.jp/ir/english/data/pdf/explanation/2015/full/explanation_2015_full_05.pdf
>However, in addition to new titles that we have announced, such as “Monster Hunter Stories”, “Ace Attorney 6” and “Resident Evil Umbrella Corps”, we are planning to release the titles listed on this slide

guild style GS, for generations

Are you retarded or what? This is the current thread. You're pic itself says that this "68 route" is used for solo farming.

Define BIGGEST. Big huntresses, monsters or both?

Don't feel bad mate, it's just firendly advice.
You should not never, ever use the shield bash. It locks you in a long animation, does shit damage, and sends people flying.
With adapt SnS, you can actually finish your combos with X+A, it does a roundslash.
Keep your super armor up, so strart combos with X+A, reset your super armor with the backstep, don't charge it.

Are you sure you were hitting the horn and not the sponge?
I can easily KO it as HH.

>in a week

ANYTHING

otp

Royal ludroth can have somewhat weird hitboxes with sponge vs head, at least in 3U. HH also doesn't deal much KO compared to exhaust bullets/coatings, hammers and CB. It makes up for it by dealing higher exhaust than anything but exhaust bullets, having excellent attack arcs and playing songs that both draw aggro and buff the team.

Also KO king only adds like 5% KO buildup, it's probably the single most worthless skill in the entire game. It also has the same effect as slugger and doesn't stack. Sorry bro.

unlocked turns

36-9754-5360-6635

3/4

Any turns rooms up?

stop it tama das gay

Reminder that /mhg/ now has a TA sheet for generations.

If you don't know what TA is, it's kind of like a speedrun type of thing. Good fun and a way to try to improve your skills.

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qW43OkWIXL8MA06HiGsShUoW7xzWVE-hRjKAoE5Jyzs

We're also accepting two player arenas this go around.

I can't stress this part enough
>Make sure to take a picture of your equipment at the end of the hunt, list your style/arts too!
Take a picture of the exact time past the results screen as well

Taking a picture of your items isn't necessary, but it'd be nice.

Don't know how to take a screenshot?
>N3ds: Home Menu -> Miiverse -> save screenshot. Then save it to your PC from the Miiverse website.
>O3ds: use your phone camera

Godspeed, Anons

Use the backswing, it has a high KO value.

If you insist.

>bashing a triphappy db
They had it coming, that's exactly what the bash is for.

how do i git gud enough for ta's

SPARTA

>tfw tama will never lick you

i like striker lance desu, always found it dumb that the 'lance' was used more to weakly poke instead of charge like knights in a duel

adept can't charge them anyways, and I learned about the roundslash just a few days ago but haven't really worked it into my combos effectively
The bash combo having shit damage I was unaware of
I still have a lot to get down muscle-memory-wise, but I'll get there

Thanks for the advice

MORE

>udon YASSS

time for panda

>a HR36 dude
>Megumi
No thanks.

what style is this?

Megumi is the biggest shitter i've ever seen from this general
And i've been here since Tri

Yes, was hitting face, was getting the impact effect so i know i was hitting his head

I was hitting his head though, if I hit the sponge I wouldnt be getting that lovely bash effect. But after nailing him with like a handful of X, a few A, As, and like 3 X+A's when he got knocked over he never got stunned

Also i keep forgetting how useless KO is as a skill, gonna switch it out

Step one is to build a minmaxed set for the weapon class, and figuring out exactly which weapon will deal optimal damage to the monster in question. This can be tricky when considering blast and shit, but do your research on the damage formula.

Then you practice on that monster a bunch, taking care to learn its patterns, what it tends to do first when you enter the area, and if applicable what area is spawns in and what areas you CAN spawn in

then if something rng fucks you over or you make more than one or two major mistakes, abandon the quest and try again

or the condensed version
1: preparation
2: practice
3: resetting if you fuck up

What do you mean? You can do it with any style but Striker.

If you get tripped by a DB user it's most likely your own fault.

Why is the actual gammoth armour so ugly? Why not something like this?

In theory I like all the styles. The huge commitment to the third poke on guild fucks me up, the lack of a backhop for aerial sucks when you need those quick iframes and the counter for bushido just isn't very good, though.

I prefer thinking of the lance as a spear and shield. Not enough games have a good hoplite class, always go spear+shield in souls too.

It was really, mainly because I didn't keep my super armor up

today really has been a good day, going to practice new combos now

then how do i backswing with A? Or it's just a generic A which looks like a reverse backswing diring to angle?

Is this translated yet?

The regular A swing is basically a mini-version of the X-A backswing, yeah.

>actual gammoth armour so ugly?
your own fault for playing as male

They're doing XA->A->XA->A.
The left swing may look similar due to the angle.

Not really.

Not really, most DB users do that "walk up behind whoever has the least poise and spam x+a" bullshit. Of course, sns gets that poise that doesn't quite cover their entire combo but lasts a few seconds with the x+a advance, but that doesn't help with a particularly aggressively stupid DB.

I recognize Akantor Dark Melody, but what's the other guy using?

Should I bother with elemental switch axes?

*right swing

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

no

I couldn't find anymore mammoth girls so I hope this will do.

It's not that bad. The only bad thing about the armour is that its shit. I just wanna play as a cool mammoth knight, why must you torture me capcom?

Holy shit S. magala can be the most cancerous monster on the planet
just had him literally spam ten hyper explosions in a row

What are the current TA rankings for weapons in Gen by the way? I recall shit like hammer and CB being really low and lance, sns and bow being the new ig, gs and cb.

Hellblade horn, I guess.

>poise
back to dsg with you

Looks like hellblade

just gun it, it can't do shit to gunners

I'm playing as a female character dude. It's still ugly as sin.

>tfw too lazy to farm hellblade
The only Deviant I've farmed is Snowbaron, because I wanted the cute armor.
Maybe someday.
Thanks, anons.

I only ever go out of my way to trip GL users

Is there a real guide to powder farming?
Do you just prance arround the T-Rex till it's throat swells or do you just fight it casually and focus when the adam's apple is ripe, which people do anyway?

How do you transfer a save from cross to generations?

I want to BE the Kirin slut!

>monster roars three times without stopping

gj wyvern you're the best

that's some mighty shit taste m80

Kiranico calls it poise and it's a much less stupid term than "super armour" or "hyper armour," both of which are fighting game terms and thus much less relevant to MH anyway. Besides, I haven't been to /dsg/ since a few months after Dark Souls 2 came out.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender_differences_in_suicide

Different user, but I really dislike the Gammoth armor's cape.
It's practically a tent on your back, barely moving at all.

But I like being a spacemarine from the ice age.

I wait to see how they play, if they're just harmlessly shelling up and trying to predict swoops far away from everyone else with wf it's fine. I've learned to always launch SAs because they will always sabotage everyone else otherwise, though. (This applies to 4U, haven't played generations outside of demo and probably never will.)

people make rooms solely to farm powder because of how annoying it is

huntathon in the dunes, run around like a retard until throat is powdery, blow it up, blow up the tail while it's down if it's also powdery

i find longsword the best for farming powders since you can counter the tail easily with critical juncture and sakura slash it while it's down

>"super armour" or "hyper armour," both of which are fighting game terms
They're general video game terms.

>The city of lithuania

I want to BE meowstress!

CAN THESE GARBAGE MONSTERS PLEASE GET BETTER MOVES THAN JUST "I INSTANTLY RUN STRAIGHT AHEAD INTO AND PAST YOU AND HAVE A GIANT HITBOX AROUND MY LEGS"