/fog/ - Fallout General

Edge Edition

Nuka World trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=DIneiOpuS2M

>fog/ Mod Archive
fogmods.weebly.com

>CK
creationkit.com/fallout4/index.php?title=Main_Page

>Fallout 4 General Information (Read Before Asking Questions)
pastebin.com/UkxVHYQB

>Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Links
pastebin.com/x1yeAmcP

>The Art of Fallout 4
mega.nz/#!vQkWVLpD!nBOiJBqgYriOJNkjU8OqxSFOfpKJHYWT6wZunopd6Fg

>Fallout 4 Item IDs
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1J9quAMtGK70aptz0t5teqWHGZJ9T9uvJmzNEBJEB36Q/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true

>Fallout 4 Legendary Effects & IDs Guide
pastebin.com/qg0KhsCA

>Fallout 4 Settlement Mods & Information
pastebin.com/QJquVveh

>HOW TO CONVERT SKYRIM / OBLIVION / NV / FO3 ETC MODELS TO FO4 + Bodyslide Guide
pastebin.com/MWEPKj5m

>Fallout 3/NV
pastebin.com/wVAqLvCD

>Archive
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/fog/

>Classic Fallout/New Vegas Thread
>/aco/ Thread
(nsfw)

>/y/ Thread
(nsfw)

Prewar thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LYys3O_zyz0
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/17570/
youtube.com/watch?v=_19f9vELXmM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Anyone have any advice for a melee character?

I don't care if it's melee or unarmed, and I can't decide between going for a drunken brawler with Party Boy, or investing heavily in luck/agility for VATS stuff.

post your headcanon
X6 stays with the SS after the Institute is destroyed. Eventually he learns to stop being such a dick and hooks up with Curie

Besides the Basher perks what can I use to increase bashing damage? Would the weighted arm mod affect it?
I want to bayonet motherfucks

>DLC's and updates constantly killing mods
>restarted several times never even beat the game
>Go to do Far Harbor, Vault shop comes out and breaks my shit again
>Say fuck it, I'll wait to play when the games finished

Recommend me some NV mods while I wait.

A guy I know made a quest/companion mod called Strangers Abroad. I thought it was pretty good although I'm sure it probably breaks the lore in some way because the companion is a Britbong.

So was Gage in one of the gangs or was he just the Overboss's Lieutenant? Was the Overboss guy in a gang?

You seem to have missed the point of the Overboss. They're an intermediary for the three gangs.

Ah i havent played Nuka-World yet, thanks for clearing that up

The minigun shredder is one of the better melee weapons

youtube.com/watch?v=LYys3O_zyz0

Post operators operating in an operational environment

Low levels are much tougher than higher levels. It'll be hard for you to get the rhythm of blocking, but you'll get the hang of it eventually. You can trigger a special animation by double-tapping the key when attacking a human opponent; I recommend doing this because these animations seem to override an enemy's block. But be careful, because an enemy's execution move can also ignore your block!

I want a SCAR-17S so bad.

I am playing an explosives character on New Vegas Ultimate Edition. First time I've really used explosives. What are some good explosives I can craft? What materials should I be gathering?

Why is /k/ one of the worst boards?

Yo /fog/, I never had a companion, well except Dogmeat, in Fallout 1 and was wondering if companions need ammo in the second game. Of course with a weapon I've given them.

Oh boy here we go...
>Nat is Piper's Daughter
>Sarah Lyons faked her death
>Legate Lanius' suit is Power Armor
>Vulpes Inculta is a Synth
>Most, if not all, of the Institute's "technological breakthroughs" were co-opted from a pre-war source. The Molecular Relay was either stolen from the Zetans or a damaged Big MT probe, Bioscience's research into rad immune vegetation was made possible through GECK, the Synth Fabricator is basically a jury-rigged Auto Doc that prints people, Gen I/II Synths are streamlined Assaultrons, etc.
>The Institute had once created groups of reproductive-capable Gen III Synths to help repopulate with science staff in the event of disease outbreak/total underground societal collapse. Members of this group included A2-31 (Harkness, once cited as an "advanced prototype" by Zimmer), G5-19 (Curie's body) and M7-97 (Danse)
>The Synth!Shaun you were given at the end of the MQ was patched with all the extra organic bits to make him a real boy. He grows up to travel with the SS, and eventually gets with Nat
>The Children of Atom were formed by survivors of the Children of the Cathedral. Where they once believed in the Dark God that would lead them to Unity, after the Cathedrals destruction they came to worship the power of Atom in the hope he will lead them to Division.
>The Gunners are the functional descendants of the National Guard units that existed in and around Boston, it'd be cool to have their upper leadership actually be a small group of Enclave officers and troops, running things from the shadows.

What the fuck did I miss, why does /cfog/ exist. What made you guys split in two?

Plain and simple autism.

Yes, they do. If they come equipped with a weapon, they need ammo for it too.

No fucking clue.
Fallout 2 and New Vegas are my favorites, but the whole new Fallout thread was so fucking retarded. I don't know what they're bitching about, I usually get some classic Fallout discussion in here at times.

Post ur waifus or prepare to get nothing personnel'd, kid.

Weaponsmith extended includes a FN SCAR-H fully modular, but the character holding it animation leavs much to be desired...

There have been regular New Vegas threads in /v/ for a while. And by "regular" I mean "constant, with links to the previous thread". It was functionally a containment general, because Bethbabbies and Obsidbabbies refuse to get along. I hear mods moved it to Veeky Forums one day, and so it's been here ever since.

I mean a real one.

/cfog/ is mostly a result of so many people talking about New Vegas

>tfw just wiped out the nuka world raiders with best girl Ada
JUSTICE
U
S
T
I
C
E

so is there a new companion in nuka world?

Gage, male raider.

Porter Gage.

Max Affinity Perk: +5% Kill Experience, +10 Damage Resistance.

Goddamn, that is the face of a broken man. Solid screenshot.

so far, 2 areas for operators 1 for disciples 1 for tribal, but I am gonna give tribal the zoo which is the last one, what will I lose without splitting the loot this way?

melee has more and far better weapons.

Also blitz is your friend and party boy is also your friend alongside chemist and chem resistance because you want to pump up your strength as much as possible.

aw fuck
bland as fuck companion
does he at least have a funny accent

He's actually one of the more enjoyable companions to have around.

No
Also he dislikes it if you take drugs apparently

guess i shouldn't judge a book by it's cover
thanks /fog/gots

TTW

I'm pretty sure that dislike is a bug.

you can 1 or 2 shot swan at level 21 with crit melee stealth though

He doesn't seem to care about jet at least.

>more mutated animals called Rad-animal-

>He grows up to travel with the SS, and eventually gets with Nat
I choose to believe this too. And also
>Nate was friends with Elliott Tercorien (from MZ) in the army
>Minutemen victory is canon
>Once the Institute is gone Nate throws himself into the role of General
>Vault 88 becomes the Minutemen's main R&D facility. Curie becomes Chief Scientist, and Barstow becomes Assistant Chief
>Sturges becomes Chief Engineer, Isabel is Assistant Chief
>Vault Tec Rep becomes Chief Administrator, Sheffield becomes Chief Provisioner
>Preston and Ronnie are 2nd and 3rd in command respectively
>Danse is given command of the most elite MM unit consisting of Cait, MacCready, Strong, X6, and Ada
>Longfellow acts as commander of the Far Harbor detachment
>Jezebel becomes the Minutemen version of PAM
>I'm sure I'll contrive some insane reason for Gage to become a Minutemen officer too
>Piper has unrequited feelings for Nate, who never loves again after Nora's death
>Years after the end of the game Nate launches an attempt to reform the CPG. The Minutemen are absorbed into it as the military branch, and they grow into an NCR-tier nation.

Just because he is a raider does not mean he is a degenerate as well.

I'd like TTW more if I could start in NV instead of F3. Might just reinstall it and say fuck it.

>>Vulpes Inculta is a Synth
How and why?

It's not, he explains it. He says that drugs dull your senses and make you less effective and only chumps use them.

>more giant bugs

>Can't build cages/inhibitors in Vault 88
Goddamn it, I wanted to make an animal testing lab, maybe have some deathclaws patrol the caves. Although in hindsight I guess it's like that so you don't just make all the monsters in the caves friendly. Still, could at least let me build them after the caves are totally cleared.

You can. If it's not in the main TTW (I can't remember if they put it in) there's an official mod that lets you do it.

Naturally it fucks up their jury-rigged story about LW traveling west to become the Courier, but whatever

Hello!

Did I just stumble upon an unrepeatble bug? Or has someone else managed to merge two conveyor belt lifts into one so it can be served by two or more manufacturing machines?

I've been wanting to make a mod centered around the gunners and making them more a faction instead of just Raiders+ but I'm not quite sure about everything.

Being descendants of the Massachusetts National Guard and secretly lead by the Enclave sounds like a great idea.

I probably won't be making anything for a while though and instead work on minor mods first because I'm a dumbfuck who has never made a mod before, but I'd love to learn eventually.

>animal testing

suuuure

The SS encourages every settlement to field a baseball team.
The WRVR radio station is brought to full functionality.A 50,000 watt transmitter can be picked up in Penn from Boston.
Moe Cronin becomes the radio play by play guy.

This leads to baseball being brought back to unite the North East and fulfilling John Henry Eden's dream.

The shredder doesn't need stealth, can cause criticals without VATS, staggers, cripples and if you have Big Leagues, gains a disarm chance.

I should not need to sell you on the chainsaw dick. I bet you only have a ripper.

what else would I be doing?

Not him, but I can see it. He's skilled at infiltration, and I think Caesar says his frumentarii are all skilled warriors as well. Being one of the replace-some-wasteland-fuck-for-kicks synths that went rogue would provide an aptitude for both.

Anyone figure out what happens if you give all the parks to 1 faction? can you even do that? do the other two turn on you as well?

It doesn't really make sense logistically though. How would the Institute even know what's going on in Nevada, much less manage kidnap someone and replace them

yes

muh dick

Are you trying to oppress me?

Rate the nuka gangs

Not aligned with the Institute, just a rogue Synth.

I think he means more that he was in the Commonwealth, went rogue, and then went west of his own free will.

Robot eyes

operators : no fun/10
the pack : communal litter-box/10
disciples : running with scissors/10

>Operators
>Sexy Edgelords
>le Pack

>tfw you get to the point where you've got so much ammo, money and stims that you don't even bother picking up loot anymore
>can 1HKO most enemies with my weapons/perks
>all settlements in the green and built the way I like them so I don't need junk items
>just walk into a place, shoot everything, and leave, the only things I bother collecting are magazines and bobbleheads

>why the fuck cait looks like sakura, the useless ninja bitch

Is there a hidden cache of tickets somewhere or do they really expect me to play the shooting gallery 90 times?

>Lmaooooooooo
>nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/17570/
youtube.com/watch?v=_19f9vELXmM

B I G
B L A C K
G U N

Should I put Buddy at my personal fort in Sanctuary, my seaside lounge in front of the castle, or Partytown, Spectacle Island?

Operators: Boring as fuck
The Pack: Basically Joker's gang but animal themed
Disciples: Ultimate edgelords

>Mister House was part of the Enclave. He was planning to use their facilities to bring Mankind back to the space-age. (and colonies)

>The Bright Brotherhood had the same target. Jason Bright was a Politican involved in the US's space-plans. The Radiation screwed a bit with his memory. This is why he knew where the REPCONN facility was and its purpose.

>Germany was selling licensed 9mm Pistols and Gauss Rifles to both sides of the War.

>The Oceans are full of kaiju-like beasts. Once a while a ship from the old World reaches the Coast. This is how Vadim and Tenpenny came to the Country.

>No-bark Noonan was part of the Enclave. This explains his knowledge about old-world politics and creatures that are not native to the Mojave.
Nah, i think the Gunners are descendants of the original Vault 75 dwellers.

>Germany was selling licensed 9mm Pistols and Gauss Rifles to both sides of the War.
Germany was a wartorn shithole because of the Resource Wars, all of Europe was actually.

James (as in, the Lone Wanderer's dad) was a rogue Enclave scientist.

>Nora was in the military originally, that's how she met Nate, she only left and 'dusted off her law degree' after she got pregnant and got discharged
>Doctor Madison Li is an Enclave agent. She killed your mother to delay Project Purity, she sent you to the Lincoln Memorial which was full of Super Mutants, she let the Enclave know when you were out of the way, she let them know where the GECK was, she only helped the Brotherhood build Liberty Prime because she felt Colonel Autumn had turned against Eden, who she personally had a hand in programming originally. Naturally after everything falling apart in the Capital Wasteland, she headed north to get in with the Institute, whom she had already been in contact with via Zimmer.

he is either from the enclave,a Vault or the MIT, there aren't much options.

Remember the Picture of him and his wive they accidentally put in a vault in New vegas? in my headcannon thats the proof.

desu wish he just disliked it if you got addicted. Get his logic but the occasional combat drug can make all the difference. Why do so many companions hate drugs?

Saw a screenshot where you can build an improved fusion core that costs 100 nuclear material to build.

Is it part of the expansion or a mod?
What stats does the core have?

If I leave the beta Nuka-World files installed, will they automatically be replaced when the release version comes out?

Mod

voiced mcs means backstory set in stone means no alternate start mods

goddamnit why did voiced mcs happen

>goddamnit why did voiced mcs happen
Bethesda is retarded and wanted to appeal to a wider audience so they did something that a wider audience couldn't care less about and would only serve to piss off their current fans.

RIP in peace, Harambe.

We knew this would put heavy limitations on things as soon as it was announced. For instance, most companions have zero dialogue when it comes to Far Harbour, Automatron or Nuka World.

Fallout: New Vegas >>> Fallout 3 > """"Fallout"""" 4

No, you'll have two instances of Nuka World and it could potentially seriously fuck up your game.
That is unless its an official beta key.

Fallout 3 did nothing well, Fallout 4 at least did the gameplay okay.

>F3 > F4
kys, my man.

2>NV>1>4>3

And all of them are good games

>tfw Bethesda will never take Fallout seriously and will just use it as an engine test for Elder Scrolls
>tfw we will never get a good Fallout game ever again
>tfw the only good 3D Fallout game has tons of missing content that will never see the light of day

Fallout 3 had a better weapon pool, better locations, no retarded dialogue wheel or voiced character, and actually had skills.

>4
>good

Gameplay is at the very bottom of priority for Fallout.

2, NV and 1 are, yes.
3 and 4? No.

How many times are you going to post this?
its pretty sad at this point.