/hou/

This is Houston's meet thread. One week to go.

Still scheduled for Friday, June 17th, at 8:00 PM.

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=b0bekpje3KI
houston.craigslist.org/cto/5625515376.html
dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/cto/5581771215.html
youtube.com/watch?v=QcJ4evhLcCU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm gonna go with this thread just because it was made earlier.

Yeah, besides, I like the OP image better.

NEW OFFICIAL THREAD.

we were almost as active as dbt for a while there

good job ladm8s

T-thanks.

Btw, who the fuck are you? Did you ever go to any of the meets? I've been wondering.

We seem to be constantly breaking records. Hopefully we can continue that trend into the third meet.

F-F-F-F-FREE STYLO

youtube.com/watch?v=b0bekpje3KI

Nah. I will soon though. Need to get my shit together.
I'm a crossposter. I'm on Veeky Forums and Veeky Forums, but mainly Veeky Forums nowadays (Veeky Forums went to shit. And I do mean SHIT).
I've been browsing Veeky Forums for a while though, so it's cool.

I used to browse Veeky Forums back in HS, what happened ?

I always thought /fa was shit, it's pretty much filled with hipster tier threads.

What are you driving?

Soon ™

Summer, bad tripfags, shitposters, all that good shit. Everything just started to repeat itself and it all went downhill from there. I guess after the whole gothninja thing, shit hit the fan and splattered on everyone's faces. I try to make the place not so shitty, but damn is it hard.
Yeah. It used to not be so bad, but oh well. Oh, and that's the thing. I'm not driving. Well, not my own car anyways. I'm working on that right now though. If things go well, I'll have my ride together soon.

>two /hou/ threads
>two /hou/
>tou/hou/
oh fug

I like this a lot.
/a/ pls

I have some pretty cool car borchure stuff just in case the thread needs a little push

What do you plan to get? Miata?

ONE WEEK TILL THE MEET, CAN YOU FEEL THE HYPE?

I had a thought.

What if we had the members with no interest in risky activity can run the Mid Day Club banner, and those more interested in high speed shenanigans can represent and brandish the Orange Flames.

There's also The Lone(ly) Stars.

That was initially the plan, but at this point, it's fuck all. If I can get something at all, I'll be happy as shit. I do have a few options though. I just need the money to make them happen. I might be able to get a 240sx though, but that's just me going on the hope that the dude that has it is still wanting to sell it.
COOL VIBRATIONS

That's a plan, but I'd save it for when /hou/ get's bigger.
I've also been debating on whether or not I should buy that game. I've been bored out of my mind lately.

We are too small right now, any separation in the group will just cause everything to pretty much collapse the group, causing unnecessary division. It's better to find people in the group who want to run in the day light individually and hit each other up when you want to do that. Also NFS is a shitty game.

Yeah. Eventually (and I do mean eventually) when I get my car, I'd like to run at night, so I wouldn't be a part of the MDC.

And thanks, don't need to but anymore shitty games.

autox sunday

anyone else coming?
don't you want to be a real boy racer dodging cones ?

This will be the biggest meet ever, I've been seeing numerous posters and the mini meets have helped from threads dying out. There will be a roll call pretty soon, so watch for that.

The plan is to meet up at Happy Teahouse @8pm on Friday the 17th. Chill out for a few bit and then move out from there. A lot needs to be discussed to what to do after we do the circuit. Mention some ideas, there has been some talk of a movie or Dave & Busters, but that might be for mini meets.

I'll be posting a straw poll soon, so far the according to the threads there seems to a be a vote for the Livinginston Circuit or Dagumi Circuit (Brazos). What other tracks/ideas do ya'll have in mind?

No helmet, and I don't think they let convertibles run without a roll bar.

>40 miles 47 turns

Jesus Christ sounds boring ass fuck desu

>40 miles 47 turns

Jesus Christ sounds boring ass fuck desu are these all 120 MPH sweepers?

do you have a better suggestion fuccboi?

Not the Livingston Circuit. It'd take us like an hour to get there, let alone run it. We'd have no time to do anything afterwards.

> being nignog

Here you go NEET

Montgomery to Richards. FM 149 deep forest run

3090 FM which is like a more rural type geography.

yeh fuck off, nobody is going to go that far.

Accident waiting to happen.

I just found this. Don't know if it helps, but it's a thing.

>Fort Worth

no.

Its the closest thing to a free track day you're ever going to get

>Ft. Worth
>Waco

You'll cowards don't even speed.

We seem to be running 33-45% the speed of DBT right now since their current thread went up about the same time as this one. Pretty impressive.

Get a Midget. Tiny as fuck, but light as fuck.

houston.craigslist.org/cto/5625515376.html

There was an attempt.

I'm trying pretty hard at finding a decent road for you guys. Can't help that Houston is a shit hole for people who like driving.

Hmm. Not bad.

Seriously. The MGB is already really small. The Midget is even smaller.

I'm seriously considering this now. When I get the money, the Midget will definitely be one of my priorities.

Although, if you're going to do it get a better example.

dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/cto/5581771215.html

>converted someone to the creed of British Engineering
The MG club grows larger every day.

>british engineering

Its only an hour away from 45n and beltway 8 we fucked off more time doing a 610 loop and going to track 21

>DeTOMATO

Fucking kek

>The closest thing we'll get to a Supra

I'll take it

It's getting impossible to trust people these days. Everyone is becoming so greedy and needy. Becoming a genuinely nice person is becoming a rarity these days.

Thank god there's /hou/. The final bastion of decency.

Yea just wait until till normies join /hou/

>muh ebil normies

I've kind of been wondering about that. We have a perfect streak of no one fucking anything up during the meets, I was wondering how we would handle things in the event we get a lone asshole or intolerable sperg amongst the ranks.

Like, do we just ...

Politely yet firmly ask them to leave.

Legitimately laughed pretty hard.

Good.

Delivering on the quote.

I should be returning to employment tomorrow, so another crisis averted.

In other news, Highway 6 seems to have been mostly cleared and re-opened.

Where my s at tho

Never got around to finishing it.

I'll get a new picture for you now that it's lowered and the black wheels are off

there were like 15 open spots nearby, and she chose one that's not even a spot.

>20pt turn into a bump stop

I saw this when I went to the medical center for the first time. Some Mexican lady in a S10 took 3 minutes to back into a spot at the very entrance to the parking garage. Caused a 10 car backup going out to the main road.

Sometimes I wonder if maybe Shariah is the best system after all.

No pork or alcohol would be worth not having to deal with women driving or voting anymore.

t. habib ibn ali baghdadi

Isn't that only one country in the world that does that? I think it's just Saudi Arabia.

What's some cheap eBay stuff I can buy for a car?
or for anything.

Good job man. Finally getting back on your toes.

Highway 6 re-opening is a good sign, it means we won't have high traffic in many areas near it and also that the weather is clearing up. The forecast for next Friday is mostly sunny. It sure as hell gonna be hot, but at least it's not going to be raining. The temperature right now is going higher and it'll keep doing that for a while, it's about to get a pain in the ass to move outside.

Pics from last Hou meetup

Yeah, no. Nice waste of quads, though.

Am I missing a joke or something?
Who are these faggots?

Also, CHECK EM

These are the cringiest faggots I've ever seen. Quit posting shit from your Facebook and uploading from Imgur.

Who's that cute boy with the cap? :-)

Last pic I have from last year's /hou/ meetup

Your troll isn't very good since it's a well established fact our first meet took place January of this year.

reverse image search says reddit houston streetwear meet

The more I compare various Reddit and Veeky Forums meets, the more I'd rather be at Veeky Forums meets.

Reddit seems to be full of cringy tryhards and nu-males whereas Veeky Forums is full of no-fucks-given autists and cool dudes. Look at Nuggetfest, other Veeky Forums and /k/ meets, and compare them to r/guns and other reddit meets.

>Redditfags are literally this faggoty, no exaggeration

I didn't want to buy into the memes, but it seems it's true. They make 4chins look like normies.

To be fair (don't know why I'm being fair but still), that's a streetwear meetup. Those guys would look like fags regardless of where they're from.

That's because of how the community has formed itself to become, with the ridiculous voting system you can't even have a discussion there because will just attack your comments and since they know who you are they will downvote things you post in the future as well. Basically what happens is a norm starts to create, that the minority becomes a majority. Most people don't have a say in things but since very few people might, together they make sure other feels the same way. One of the reasons why every single comment is a pun or a overly used joke, to keep people happy and what not. This attracts a certain kind of breed, someone who just doesn't have a strong opinion about themselves and follows others. Obviously not all subreddits are like that, but most of them are and so are their users. Now there is something like that on Veeky Forums as well, how people might just go with the majority but at least you still have a voice. Since their is no identity linked to that voice, you can say whatever you want.

Don't.
u fukin wot m8? If I got away from Veeky Forums's bullshit, what makes you think I want to see mfa's weak ass fits?
I just looked into how small the Midget actually is, and holy fuck, m8. I know I'm short, but I'm not a literal midget. Jesus.
I love it.~
But on a serious note, the Midget would be a backup car if I can't find what I'm looking for soon.
This sums it up.

I used to live in Florida, and I went to both the r/guns meetup and /k/ meet. The r/guns was extremely quiet, and a few people were spouting the same shit that you'd see on r/guns. I even had an old Kimber (pre-MIM), and some faggot remarked that is was "a piece of shit".

The Space Coast /k/ meet was just a bunch of dudes wanting to have fun. We didn't care what guns people had, what body type they were, or where they were from. All that mattered is that they have fun and be cool.

True. Just look at the Melbourne Veeky Forums meetup.

Well, if the street-legal go-kart is too small, the MGB is a good step up. Still small, but with a bunch more leg room. I was really surprised just how much leg room it actually has. A friend had to ask if it actually had an engine when he sat in it.

I've been on reddit for a few years now, the quality went down about 4 years ago. Back then I used to be more on reddit than Veeky Forums just because it wasn't as popular and this would lead to having a better discussion with people there. I'm not sure exactly what happened, but after certain AMAs the popularity of the site increased exponentially, especially after the Obama AMA. I had a feeling this would come, so I unsubscribed to every subreddit and only go there to check out maybe 10 or 12 subreddits, usually lurking though. Similarly, it has also happened on Veeky Forums, boards such as /b, /fa, /r9k, and /vg but it's still not as much as the change in reddit. I guess people who are focused on having a reputation and internet points will lean towards reddit and now that is has become a website for "MEMES" everyone will go to it. I highly doubt Veeky Forums will become that since nobody will bother with the whole anonymous thing, this is why people hate tripfags.

Let's actually not look at the Melbourne meetup, thanks. :^)
Yeah. The Midget is a good starting point though. It's just hard to know what I'm looking for, but I know what my priorities are and I think the Midget lines up with some of them pretty well.
This is also correct. The hate for tripfags last year on Veeky Forums was insane. Posting anything relevant would almost instantly be derailed by any argument with trips and anons in the same thread. Most of the time it'd just be some easy to ignore shitpost, but someone always took the bait.
Anyone that use to browse Veeky Forums remember the black girl that always got kicked out of Skype calls?

a simple $300 kn cold air intake will garner you're vehicle more respect than 1000 worth of eBay shit. Unless that 1000 is spent on a turbo kit

Do not buy performance parts off eBay. Cheap Chinese shit will not fit right and will not be as tough. Don't even get cosmetic shit from ebay. I bought a grill off there and the paint started flaking off within a month. Gotta pay to play user.

What do you ya'll listen to when you are driving?

youtube.com/watch?v=QcJ4evhLcCU

Nothing, because the a wire is loose in the back of my radio and I haven't paid someone else to fuck with it yet.

I really miss music on long drives.