I have two options and need your help deciding

I have two options and need your help deciding.

Im going college next year and commuting so I need a car. I can either lease a 2016 Mustang ecoboost for 4 years or BUY an older GT (2007 or so)

After college I'm hopefully going to grad school so I wont be used the car much but I feel like it would be fun to have when I'm back on break or whatever. If I lease the newer car I would have to return it and wouldn't have this experience.

What would you choose? How are the older 2006-2008 Mustangs compared to the new ones? GT vs ecoboost specifically

why would you get a mustang while in college?

I would go for a more practical car desu, but that's just me.

To answer your question though, I would definitely buy an older GT. Leasing is almost always a bad idea.

>mustang
>4 cylinder ecoboost
>leasing

wew lad

>why would you get a mustang while in college?
I don't need anything too practical. I want something fun and my commute is only 20 miles or so.

>Im going college next year and commuting so I need a car.

You want an estate car then. Look to a slightly older Merc, BM or Audi they will get you more skirt. Go for the mustang only if you like the cock and can afford to have it in the shop more than on the road.

>can afford to have it in the shop more than on the road.
>recommends BMW
Mustangs are not unreliable

Always better to own. If you decide that you really aren't using the car enough you can sell it and have cash in your hand, instead of having to return a lease where you basically paid them to borrow the car.

>Mustangs are not unreliable
Thanks for that I needed a good laugh. Some people are actually stupid enough to believe that as well.

how are they are not reliable?

Ah Simons quest. What a shitty game

>lease
lel

I don't know buddy that's you're decision. If you buy some almost 10 year old mustang it probably has a buttload of miles, has been beaten on, so it's going to need a lot of maintenance done like ALL fluid changed and possibly new suspension parts here and there.

With a lease you can pretty much just not give a fuck about it and not worry about maintaining it, so that's a plus. End of the day though you own nothing and aren't going to get any return for your investment

Its an ok game with a few flaws. Seen too much AVGN, have we?

What a stupid question, even for the retards of Veeky Forums.

>only go with the mustang if you like cock
>masculinity is this fragile

Says the retard who can't back an argument up.

>why would you get a mustang while in college?
crush some puss bro

Have owned a Mustang myself. Was not unreliable in the least. Never had a single problem and I drove the shit out of it. The 3.8 v6 is a great motor, and the 4.6 is the same fantastic engine I have in my F150. No I dont make as much power but i expect to easily get 350k miles or more from it.

Is that even debatable? GT all the way, what the fuck.

If you decide on an older gt I would suggest at least a 2008 or newer. 2005-2007.5 had the two piece sparkplug that likes to break and you need a $100 lisle tool to remove them. I broke 5/8 plugs swapping them on my 2006. Other than that and tpms on 07+ there's not much difference. And keep it stock if you want the most mpg.

Foxbody 5.0 for 3k cash. Enjoy and have a car that can grow into whatever you want over the next 30-40 years.

Lmao. Can't back up an argument. Mustangs are known for many things but shitty reliability is not one of them. I'm going on 2 years with my 197 and never had a single hiccup besides tires blowing out. They're not perfect but they're damn good pony cars especially now with the prices starting to drop.

[CITATION NEEDED]

that's what these are for

>paying to have "friends"
>mandatory analy rape for membership
No thanks

Sorority girls don't fucking know or care, just as long as it says "Mustang"

You also have a third option: Don't

Not only is this an awful financial decision, but there are many more cheaper vehicles guaranteed to make you stand out or get you way more pussy than a Mustang.

Depending on which state you live in, there are different quantities of girls called "truck sluts". They are the easiest girls to fuck IF you have a lifted 4x4 Dodge Cummins, Chevy Duramax, or Ford Powerstroke. Usually you can find them drinking whiskey and vodka listening to country music. Most are super hot, but there are also a lot of ones that weigh over the payload rating for the truck.

Bitches also love Jeeps, little off-road trucks, classics, and any turbo Subaru.

>Women care about cars
Lmao. Well memed my friend.

>I have two options and need your help deciding.
Why are they your only two options?

Western MD here can confirm some women get wet over a lifted old truck, but they are generally very trashy or large or both

Says someone who has never gotten laid because of their vehicle

Central WA
The trashy ones don't leave for college.

Fucking wooooosh

If you can truly afford a brand new Mustang (which you probably can't because you are leasing) then go with the older GT. I understand why you would want such a car for commuting.

My college commute would be about 40 miles, and my Honda Fit is absolutely gutless. That's why I'm not commuting.

The best option would be to get an Accord coupe V6. Plenty of power, and you can find them for under $20,000. (Maybe not the current gen, but 8th gens are good too.) And it won't break down on your way to class.

With a budget that high why the fuck would you waste it on a Mustang? It's fucking stupid.

Turbo a Miata and destroy any mustang on the road.

Or get a WRX STI or an S2000. But a cuckstang is a retarded and terrible decision. The S2000, WRX, and Miata are all classics.

>WRX STI
there are no cheap ones within 50 miles of where I live, already checked.

Guys youre sorta missing the point of the thread. Im not getting a car to pull sloots. I can do that anyway. I want a fun car and i always liked mustangs

>If you can truly afford a brand new Mustang (which you probably can't because you are leasing)
i can afford to finance one over 72 months

but i don't want to work in grad school (after 4 years) so my only option if i noted to finance it would be 48 months which is too expensive

ill check out the accord

The STI is unreliable as shit and S2000s are now pretty much all old, whooped, and overpriced.

OP there's nothing wrong with leasing as long as you're not going to go over your miles and you're aware that you'll end it with nothing. if you've got the disposable income, go for it.

my fiancée bought a Mustang Ecoboost performance pack last fall and we just took it on a 4000 mile road trip. it's a great car, comfortable with more than enough power and averages 30mpg going 90, to boot.

>72 months
That's six years mate.
Do you want to be driving a shitty rustang for the next six years?
It's not even about the car itself. It's being that far in debt, and having nothing to show for it at the end.

>my fiancée bought a Mustang Ecoboost performance pack last fall and we just took it on a 4000 mile road trip. it's a great car, comfortable with more than enough power and averages 30mpg going 90, to boot.
is it fun though

definitely. going through Oklahoma/Texas I did a few 140+mph pulls and even in 110 degree heat it was happy to run. and I also whaled on it pretty hard on a few canyon roads with 10mph hairpin turns doing 30+ and it was rock solid. I really enjoy the car.

Nice personal anecdotes

sweet

because anybody ever states facts on this board

I'm abstinent like every Christian out there.

Women couldn't care less about cars. In fact, bringing it up randomly will make you look like an insecure fool or awkward try hard. Did you even go to college?

>I'm abstinent like every christian out there

>Go for the slower car that literally cant turn and has way worse Miles per gallon.

Op: You should go for a v6 2011+ instead, old GTs from that gen are just too slow to really compete, if you want a GT get a 2011+ instead.

Plus they are faster than the ecoboost in the straight line and you can get them for around 10k with the perfomance package.

>Bragging to a woman about your material possessions
You realize that you don't even have to initiate conversation with a slut for her to decide that she wants to fuck you because she likes the vehicle you drive

Just buy the older GT, the new chassis and suspension feels great but I'd take a v8 considering the price difference.

Eventually you could mod it. Forced induction would be the way to go. You'd need rods/pistons past 450-500whp, and the aluminum block could handle about 600-700whp.

They are actually about the same weight distribution as the newest ones, and there is a lot of aftermarket out there. Whether you just want shocks, or full coilovers/springs/swaybars/sub frame connectors, there is plenty of options. Something like griggs racing full setup with R compound tires, 00 treadwear, would make it outhandle a gt350.

The 3v GT is a fine base to start from, and a good value, especially if you're gonna throw about 3-10k at the motor, and a couple grand on suspension/tires. Same with the 99-04 2v, that iron block and crank is extremely durable, and the car is half the price.

Also consider a 2011-2014 5.0. It would probably be satisfying with just bolt on mods, and decent tires. There is always nitrous if you want a little more.

Point being, don't lease the ecoboost. It traps like 97 stock, thats worse than a 2v, worse than 3v, worse than a 2011 and up v6. Sure, it can make a lot more torque if you boost the shit out of it, and decent HP. However, having owned a forced induction stang with over 20 psi, a car like that can't be raced at long periods, unlike a N/A bolt on car.

>all these anecdotes
first of all, the manual perf. pack Ecoboost traps 101-102, and to compare reliability of a brand new vehicle designed to be turbocharged to something that was boosted using solely aftermarket equipment is pretty silly. unless you're talking about a GT500 or Terminator, in which case, the engines are absolutely rock solid.

it's impossible to get a 3V past mid-12s without power adders. there are half-ton trucks that can ET the same while getting better fuel economy. the only legitimate reason I can see to buy a 3V is for the sound.

>he thinks rich sorority girls will be impressed by a mustang

>college car

Buy something you won't mind cleaning puke out of, something you trust your friends to drive if you need them to, something with a large backseat for "hey this apartment party sucks and you're kind of cute", and something you won't mind dents in because college parking lots are worse than walmart parking lots.

"Have sex in a car". Did the math while we were both in my car, and I would rather sit on a cactus.

>V6 is good now maymay

slower thana gs400 desu

>5.7 0 to 60 and 14.1 in the quarter mile is faster than 5.2 0 to 60 and 13.8 in the quarter.
I don't know about the track though.

>5.7 0 to 60
Jesus that's slow. I won't judge people on most vehicles but a non-V8 Mustang is like hiring somebody to drive you around in a 911; you're missing the point entirely and just want to show off to other idiots who don't know anything about cars.

Just get the older one, what I wrote above aside, the newer ones will depreciate extremely hard.

You've obviously never been to a college or you're just a gigantic pussy who carts drunk people around and probably brags to uninterested friends constantly about the one time you banged a drunk landwhale.
No matter what care you own you should take care of it; I DD a sports car currently worth 20-25k, park in the back of lots and only drive people I know won't trash my car around because I'm not a fucking doormat.

>No matter what care
car*

For the record I'm a senior and my car hasn't been damaged once in that lot or by anybody I've given rides to.

>muh can't compete
not everyone's a drag boyracer user

>Buy performance car that's slow as shit and lacks the feels of what gave the car feels in the first place
>DURR WE'RE NOT ALL BOYRACERS

Then you're just buying it for attention

>desu

mcfucking literally kill yourself

It's the Veeky Forums filter for the acronym of to be honest, calm your autism

>Jesus that slow.
Tbe GS400 is the one doing 0 to 60 in 5.7 secs.

calm your autism, not everyone's a cuck who wants a V6, maybe someone enjoys the glorious V8 sound

How is 5.1 seconds 0 to 60 painfully slow?

>leasing/financing a car to get to school
Just debt my shit up, senpai.

It sounds like you're getting a cool car just because you think you can. You can justify getting a nicer car for work so it doesn't break down because that's how you make the money to pay for the car, but that doesn't apply here.