/ovg/ - IndyCar this Saturday 1500 UTC Edition

Previous thread: (Cross-thread)

Our Wiki should answer every single question you could possibly ask about sim racing and racing with us!
>get-good.net

We have a Mumble server, drop by and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

We're racing on Saturday, Sunday, and sometimes on Friday. Check out our Google doc for info!
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

dirtgame.com/uk/leagues/league/15874/ovgwrc
youtube.com/watch?v=sEuZxGnthUw
youtube.com/watch?v=sQAvaDhb8jo
youtu.be/_BDasfJ9dk8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

new rally shitboxes with wheels falling off game when

second for 6:30 am utc start time

Some quick stuff about IndyCar for anyone interested:

-There are no restrictions on drivers. Anyone may come and race regardless of skill, though it is recommended to get some practice on the server prior to the race

-There will be no FCYs for any of our events. Local Yellows and Advisory-Only Blue Flags are all we'll have. This includes oval events.

-Road Courses will be group qualifying, 8 minutes, unlimited laps. Ovals will be private qualifying, 6 laps (1 out lap, 4 flying laps, 1 in lap).

-All races will be run by laps rather than time. I'm aiming for the total laps to be about half the distance of a real world indycar race to keep the races under an hour in length.

-Not all tracks will lock the appropriate aero kits and wheelbases for that track type, so PLEASE double check the upgrade menu before joining the server! There won't be any penalties for having the wrong aero kit, but you will most likely be slow as fuck.

-Road Courses will allow a Red "Option" tire and a black "primary" tire. The reds are softer and grip better but don't last as long. There is no restriction on tire choice or use, run whatever combination you please.

-There will be no skin mod for this series. If you want to run a custom skin, add it to an existing car (preferably as a .mas rather than a .dds) and join the server with it.

www[.]upload[.]ee/files/5873271/DW12_BR_Package.zip

regards

Who drives at full boost in the 98T?

RIS-TO KAP-PET

thank

Absolutely based thank you friend

>11am for east coast
>8am for west coast

Why do you hate your own countrymen, Von?

There are like 2 people on the west coast. 8 am is not "early" by any means at all.

thank you mr fast

>tfw your engine fails before your tyres do

Picked an RX-7 FC tarbo as my starter car in TXR 3

w-what do you think /ovg/

>not the AE86
absolute trash

>wangan racing
>pick a fucking econobox

should've picked the Chaser

Chaser is easy mode. Live a little.

no
Chaser best carfu

>B L O A T E D chaser compared to the light nippy fox that is the RX7
>not having BRRRRAPPPP or potential engine swap

I am disappoint.

>Snowy roads in The Crew
No seriously fuck that
Raid was the funnest part of that game

Reminder that you 3 lost to car that visibly uses leaf springs for it's suspension even with the dirt spec tuning.
Can confirm, yesterday we had heaps of fun driving a long raid run. I got a 2 minute lead on the guys, probably because my car had a rating of 1260 someting and they had 800 something. Shit was comfy as heck.

Could you please allow for fcy on ovals? They keep the racing close and fun, and they allow for people to make adjustments on stops without lossing dumb amounts of time.

Inb4 IndyCar lasts one race and gets abandoned.

Does ovg still have a dirt rally league?

/ovgwrc/

Yes

dirtgame.com/uk/leagues/league/15874/ovgwrc

i think i'll try those kitcars, although it sounds like terrible idea

update, kit kars are actually great idea, those things are significantly more powerful than any Group A car

shame i was terrible

I dropped that game cuz it was so shitty with a wheel

Tarmac is where they shine. They're lightweight and responsive, since they have no 4wd or turbo, but they struggle in gravel and snow.

What's the advantage of rear-wheel drive? Besides fun.

grip. it's all about grip and oversteer (or, as you call it, fun). it's way easier to lose front wheel grip while accelerating in FWD because car weight is on the rear.

Need for Speed 2015 in PC for $30 Freedombucks. Is it worth it? Using an Xbox 360 controller, or a G27 if it supports it.

Would this be a good game to spend this weekend playing?

VON MOLKE
O
N

M
O
L
K
E

any /ovg/ fags up for some carb cup in iRacing.

It's fun enough.

WHEN IN DOUBT
GO FLAT OUT

>tfw doubt gets you when you're flying heli

>tfw doubt gets you when you're chugging vodka

Who is this penile private?

von has really big moe eyes

pretty kawaii desu

fk assetto corsa, the online is so shit, even in "ranked" races

youtube.com/watch?v=sEuZxGnthUw

holy fuck does this look awful.

Who's it made by-
>"Milestone's new release"
Oh. That explains everything.

SLRE is actually not bad. At least they patched ultrawide and triple screen. Now if i could use my TH8A with my G27 i would prefer it over DIRT Rally

youtube.com/watch?v=sQAvaDhb8jo

gran turismo sport trailer 2

You're missing out. Spend some time tweaking the wheel options.
Make sure speed sensitivity, linearity, and all that jazz are set to zero and and adjust your overall sensitivity to taste. I usually leave it in the middle.

A controller is acceptable, it's an arcade racer after all. You could play it with A Guitar Hero controller if you wanted and probably manage to beat the AI.

>gets knocked around by shitters
>blames the game
Unless pings are sky high, it's pretty good.

The netcode is complete shit, therefore the game is shit.

>Gran Turismo 4 version of Moon over the Castle starts
>all these feels.jpg
>song changes after a minute
>disappointment

The trailer itself is nothing special, using mostly footage from the livestream aswell as the previous trailer.
>tfw still didn't show the Seattle Track, which was teased in the livestream

Atleast it reminded me to listen to this awesome song again.
youtu.be/_BDasfJ9dk8

>tfw was late to eau rouge posting

lovely

thats what i mean, the game is full of shitters that cant drive.

come back useless greg

pls no not again I still get nightmares

Does anyone know if Atlanta Motor Speedway has a simulator, and if so how you go about it.

Feeling a good turnout for IndyCar tomorrow lads! Get on and practice!

Race is at

8:00 AM PST
9:00 AM MST
10:00 AM CST
11:00 AM EST
3:00 PM UTC
4:00 PM BST
5:00 PM CEST
11:00 PM AWST
1:00 AM AEST (Sunday)

wat gaem

Shift 2 with a few mods

The Posse

The Squad

The Group

Quick primer on team points:

-Teams can have as many drivers as they want

-Only the two highest finishing drivers within a given team will score points for their team

-Team points are based on overall finishing position, for example if Team A finishes top three, and Team B finishes 4th, Team A only scores points for 1st and 2nd place, HOWEVER Team B collects points for 4th place, NOT third. So there is still an incentive for you to make sure all of your drivers finish as high as possible.

which one do i need to unpack

the .rar

it unpacks the rest for you

so only the first one?

yea senpai

oh ok, thank you kind user

it can be as pretty as they dare delay it to do so, but those physics are atrocious.
>The New Standard
By who's judgement?
>For Everyone
Willing to cuck themselves into a console with payed-online, 'requiring' a new wheel for it because fuck backwards compatibility
>etc-etc

Finally some racing!

Can't decide if this is done or needs more.

>autism

Could do something on the front and/or rear wing, even if it's just minor or "series" sponsors?
Or just leave it. It looks good as is.

Who's ready for some webms!

I'd rather see more nostalgia webms

No nostalgia here I'm afraid.

well that just won't do

Please no more

>3rd so far on the dirt league event using a keyboard, a kit car and losing 40+ seconds in mistakes

wew

> only three people have set times so far

Also why the fuck doesn't Dirt Rally show stage times on racenet or have I missed it

nah i wouldn't comment on it if i was last :^)

I'll set a lap

it does

>lap

meant to say time

needs more puppies, 5/10

That's not a stage time that's the overall leaderboard after that stage ya willy

It still adds the stage times together. It doesn't show the actual time except on the first stage.