/chi/ Chicago General

>This thread is for residents of Chicago and surrounding suburbs
>Discord: discord.gg/013eqIytYCivV3rVE
>MEET #2 PLANNED FOR JULY 15TH UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

big dicks 69

Chicago doesn't have much of a car scene. It's all very sparse, like you'll see enthusiasts around but there aren't any crews or meets like socal.

There are a few drift crews around here.

I've been to plenty of meets with large amount of "crews" that show up together, there is plenty of that.

We have a Supercar meet every 1st Saturday of the month during summer, like 300+ nice cars show up.
jdmchicago does a few meets, mostly local turds, but still.

I grew up in Lake Forest (now I live in Miami) but there was a large boomer car scene in the northern suburbs there. Like Cruise nights and shit. Saw some cool stuff. Also used to be Great Lakes Dragway (I think that's what it was called).

Yeah, any of those rich ass burbs are full of boomers with classic cars.

There was actually few stuff actually in Lake Forest, it was usually a few towns over. Forget the name of the towns they were in, but, I remember it wasn't just ultra-wealthy people.

Wilmette, Northbrook, Winnetka, Kenilworth, etc

Libertyville I think. This was like 12-3 years ago.

bullshit, chicago's HUGE
The Petrolheads facebook group is at like 20k members

Hello

It's pretty big, just gotta know where to look. There are meets that have over 100 cars every weekend around the suburbs.

Doesn't mean they all hang out at the rock n roll mcd.

The shaumburg hooters used to a big hang out

that group is pure cancer. theyve ruined so many good spots and gotten a bunch of meets shut down

>July 15th
That's on my bday but I wouldn't tell you guys irl

I was member 70 something. It used to be comfy and now it's pure stage 4 cancer

where are the meets usually at now? I'm NW burbs

just moved to chicago was from shitty fresno cali and used to own a brz

am I welcome ?

only if you let me drive it

Should have some shit done and put together before then. Where's it at?

didnt bring the brz. sold it to an asian before i moved here. currently drive an 03 impala with 216k miles

are you a negro?

no. Im asian.

I'd join if there were actually a decent amount of people going, at least 10.

Does anyone know a good forum/crew/club to join for meets? Particularly JDM but idc

As far as I know the plan is to meet at route 66 for race your ride from 4-9, afterwards we could head somewhere for food then go cruise around the loop or whatever. If anyone has a better idea, or an idea about where to go after feel free to post it.

And if everyone saying "I'll go if there's more than x people" goes, we'll easily have 15 people.

There's a big meetup in Lombard on Thursday around 7. I live just outside the loop but head there about twice a month. I drive a MK6 K04 turbo swapped GTI, and a GTI club piggybacks the general meetup. A lot of muscle cars, some exotics, etc. My dad sometimes heads over from Indiana with his fully built and supercharged RSX Type S running E85. Everyone is welcome, and most people grab some grub or a beer at the Brauerhouse which is like the host of the event.

There's also a euro club that does cars and coffee on Sundays, pretty active group. Couple hundred members and 50-60 show up at any given time.

I'd be down for an Veeky Forums meetup if enough people had interest.

Yeah its p. Normiecore
Doesn't mean Chicago doesn't have a large car enthusiast scene tho

Euro club? I ain't ever heard of no euro club

>July 15
>day I need to switch apartments

Wew lads. Celica bro may not be at this one.

Strat's also does huge meets each weekend during the summer, a lot of cool shit out there. It's where the last meet got started at. By the way, if we post () on our cars, we'll know who's who if we try Strat's again. Was a big problem last time finding out who was who amidst all those cars and people. We can also show off our crippling amounts of autism!

That's what the discord is for senpai