Why is Viper being cucked always?

Why is Viper being cucked always?
The Viper is one of the best looking cars in the market but they lack in updates in engine and comfort. Why is Dodge doing this? Why can't Viper be a world class product?
Sure, the ACR is a more hardcore product but I'm speaking about the regular vipers.

Other urls found in this thread:

dailytech.com/Europe Proposes Banning All Sports Cars/article8009.htm
autocar.co.uk/car-news/motoring/fast-cars-be-banned
energytransition.de/2016/04/first-stirrings-of-call-for-ban-on-non-evs-in-germany/
moparproshop.com/inc/sdetail/1941/7340
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>they lack in updates in engine and comfort.

How exactly would you update the engine? It's more or less a new engine every generation.

>but they lack in updates in engine

Says who..? the engine is down to about 600-650lbs and it weighs less overall than a C7Z. in fact, it weighs around the same as the DOHC GTR engine and i believe it even revs just as high.

>and comfort.

Again, where is this coming from? what reviews have complained about the comfort? reminder that the GTR wasn't even considered a very comfortable car in comparison to MagneRide suspension'd C6 vettes and 911s of the same time in general. (i even heard about this on Veeky Forums from some people who apparently drove earlier GTRs)

>Why is Dodge doing this?

Seems like they are sticking to what originally made the Viper a "Viper"? is that a bad thing? the car has tons of character in my opinion and that's exactly how i want it to go down. id be crushed if they tried to turn it into what the new NSX is. or god forbid Fiat puts their hands way up that car's skirt to the point of turning it into what the New Supra is. a car that rides on a entirely different platform by a different Manufacturer with a different engine configuration (everybody is going twin turbo V6 and i don't want the Viper to be next) built in a different country. when you look at the New Supra compared to the last MKIV i can certainly see why some Supra fans would be upset.

>Why can't Viper be a world class product?

Why is it not one? unless you live in a country with displacement tax and you want them to throw in a 4 cylinder automatic "euro option". (not taking a jab at european sports-car buying habits or europeans in general)

No, Euros are full on cucked and the only reason sports cars still exist is because of the EU and VW (by extension their branches)

dailytech.com/Europe Proposes Banning All Sports Cars/article8009.htm

autocar.co.uk/car-news/motoring/fast-cars-be-banned

energytransition.de/2016/04/first-stirrings-of-call-for-ban-on-non-evs-in-germany/

Because FIAT

>why don't they dump money into a niche product
Because they make money selling run of the mill shitboxes, and at the end of the day profit is all that matters. They don't care about a weebs opinion on 4chins

>slower than a Mono

>first two articles are from 2007

get a load of this dumb nigger

Shitty comparison, you suck at trying to be the next alphonse. I wouldn't be surprised if you're another weeb neet who only exists to try and annoy people off and get (you)s

Alphonse learned all his tricks from me back when I used to shitpost as an user

>this assmad
No, I didn't retard. Stop trying to ride off my fame. You're nothing compared to me.

I was shitposting about corvettes before you even knew what Veeky Forums was, kiddo

>denial

>mad that nobody believes your lies

You don't realize it yet but Fiat is destroying everything that makes Dodge a Dodge. It failed at first, they tried making srt it's own brand and nobody liked that, but they also separated the truck line into its own brand. There were rumors that Ferrari (owned by Fiat) hated the Viper. The current model doesn't pass safety standards for 2018, and the factory contract ends at the same time so Fiat decided to not renew the contract.

There are two things the Viper doesn't have that the Vette has, and sadly one of them is an auto. If it should have an auto, it should be a paddle shifter, since it's around the prices of a 911 and GTR. The other thing is that it doesn't have a convertible variant, which it really should have.

Belgium is already banning gasoline cars, and knowing the EU likes neat "progressive" trends, others will soon follow

There's literally nothing wrong with the viper poorfag
That hasn't happened yet, plus they plan on releasing a supbercharged version soon.

It's been known for almost a year that the Viper is ending production. Still a possibility come back but with increasing safety and emission standards it's likely too be bastardized.

> Slower than an LS miata

I heard the current Viper is a Fiat and nowhere near the untamable crude beast with the lorry transmission the 1st and 2nd gen used to be. It's also ugly.

Pic related looks like the mean snake that's gonna bite your head off and take you to the grave with her if you fail to correct the snap oversteer without fishtailing it into the ditch.
The new one looks like an Italian sportscar.

>citation needed

Can tell you haven't driven Gen 3. Its a serial killer in a Armani suit.

>I heard
>Can tell you haven't driven Gen 3
Thanks Sherlock.

>they don't know the current gen is a 4th gen, and the one that user posted is the 3rd gen

>1992-2002
>2003-2010
>2013-present
That's 3 according to my math.
If you really wanna be a smartass and count facelifts, it's 5 generations, not 4.

Fuckin normie telling a dodge tech which Gen the vipers on

since when is the roadster viper gen divided into phase 1 and phase 2

Dodge/Chrysler has never made money on the Viper and now that FIAT has a "NOTHING CAN BE FASTER THAN AN EQUIVALENT FERRARI. EVER" embargo, the Viper's days are numbered IMO.

Also, safety, environmental & emissions regulations are making it harder and harder to design cars like the Viper, let alone put them in production.

It's pathetic though. You don't need 8 liters to produce 600 and whatever horsepower. That's like 70s tier.

It can make 800hp N/A at the same amount of revs, but smog emissions etc, they do sell it as a crate motor however.

moparproshop.com/inc/sdetail/1941/7340

Why would they sell it as a crate? What non-landbarge car can fit that under the hood?

Competition or hooners who just want a track day Viper that isn't Smog compliant.

Or maybe kitcar guys.

oh, also trucks, forgot about trucks

(you)

They put all of their energy onto the Challenger.

Since one had the roll over bar and the other didn't

With enough fabrication you could put it in a Civic

You do know that Ferrari is not a part of FIAT now, right?

Not only that, the ACR and Speciale (closest thing that could be considered an "equivalent") were being developed when they were together and the ACR is way faster.

you guys know its not that big right

POWER OF PUSHRODS

what gets me is the guy thinks a viper is a landbarge

Senpai... The S2000 engine bay is fuckhuge.

I should know having one.

its not the ls1 so i cant find everything on earth with it shoved in but its not as big as some believe it to be

I didn't think the Viper was big myself but what the fuck. its kinda like a Miata on steroids. i guess it makes sense as it is supposed to be the Spiritual Successor to the AC Cobra. another car that wasn't very big but had a lot of power and displacement.