/lisg/ - Life is Strange General #403

"Feeling her heartbeat" Edition

Previous Thread: Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay to rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/319630/
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction:
orph.link/story

>Compilation of Fanfics:
orph.link/fanfic

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>/lisg/ sings Glass Walls
youtube.com/watch?v=pQJgF3NToUg

>Strawpolls:
strawpoll.me/10882668
strawpoll.me/10909518
strawpoll.me/10936261
strawpoll.me/10990015
strawpoll.me/11005852
strawpoll.me/11012705
strawpoll.me/11013698

Other urls found in this thread:

instaud.io/kVV
instaud.io/kWb
pyx-1.pretendyoure.xyz/zy/game.jsp#game=9
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father also will forgive you; but if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

As always, it's Kate that gets the thread going.

Max and Chloe are hella gay

Yes. Yes they are.

>Gun just sitting in the middle of the floor

Jesus Chloe.

No one is allowed to bully Max!

Not even Nightmare-Max.
When she tried, Dream-Chloe showed up, told her off, and set Max free from the interrogation/ insults.

Yeah, it was great.

Michel is. :)

Except for Victoria

One of my favorite parts of Episode 5. It almost made the rest of the nightmare worth it just for the moments where Max's realizes her true self and that she's worthy of Chloe.

Hey, don't you be talking bad about the nightmare, I thought it had cool as fuck ideas.

What happened to that minigame user was working on? HawtDawg man jumping around in Max's dorm

also anyone have the preview webm?

And a Chloe x Victoria scene if my memory is correct

Some parts were good.
The backwards hallway, the snowglobe, Max watching Chloe in the Dark Room, the Diner scene, and the final walk.
In all of those Max learns things or comes to important realizations.

Others like the stealth sequence, Max being scared of every man she's seen in the game, having to go through the classroom again, and the general "creepy" stuff was just annoying or took the player out of the moment.
It could have been really interesting if they made it apparent there was something that was NOT Max messing with her head. But they didn't go for that so instead all you get is a jumbled mess that puts you at a final choice where there is clearly one right option (saving Chloe) but the game tries to guilt you in the final moments into picking the other.

Bae > Bay

yes.

No.

You're going to anger Max and you're not going to like it.

No, because Bae ≫ Bay.

"Nice save, Kid."

Isn't it way past the point where these threads have a purpose? Stop talking about this "game" and go back to tumblr.

Pricefield YES!

They missed out on some Kubrick-esque cinematic opportunities imo.
And the Made in Taiwan bit, I can tell they wanted to go full mindfuck, but it simply lacked... direction, I guess. Everything was too empty and half-cooked. The shots just weren't there.

I feel like more could have been done with the Nightmare Max as well. Like if she accompanied Max throughout the nightmare, trying to weaken her and grind her down, and it was only until the end that a vision of Chloe (or possibly Rachel) appears to rescue Max.

>Chloe
For that they would've had to go full Pricefield (inb4 they did in the journal). Have evil Max show up at the dorms maybe, go all "hey, enjoying playing dress up?", and just as everything is about to turn to shit in the diner Chloe appears and it turns out that things just looked worse than they actually were.
Maybe make it a transition to the real world. Have a thunderstorm in the distance, have Max and Chloe notice it from the diner and Chloe knowingly be like "see that?"
I liked the spookiness in the reverse school, but with the doe and bathroom it's like they tried to force some symbolism that simply wasn't there, or led nowhere.

I was thinking more with the Evil Max that in the nightmare, she's the one the other characters can see and interact with and maybe she shows Max visions of what's happening (Or what she thinks is happening ) to those trapped in the storm. Max is a ghost that nobody else sees until the very end. But that would be a substantial change to the nightmare and what it was going for.

I saw the doe in the hallway as it trying to suggest part of Rachel is still with Max and trying to guide her. In the hallway, everything in the hallway is moving in reverse, suggesting that Max is supposed to go back. But the doe appears and guides her to the bathroom where Chloe was saved, trying to get Max to move forward. If you saw more of that it would make things more clear.
Evil Max is in the nightmare and trying to hold Max back/ show her she's not good, the doe is trying to guide her to the end and to freedom, Max is caught in the middle until the final push from Chloe which causes her to get to wake up and see the truth that she's been doing the right thing and is not bad.

Problem is the nightmare tries to lead you to both endings at once. So the reverse hallway bit makes perfect sense if you see it as part of Max realising the 'solution' (as nonsensical as it is) to stopping the storm. But if you're leaning towards Bae, it doesn't really have any symbolism.

>
>Why was my post deleted?
Who keeps reporting my Brookeposting?

Hopefully this time it won't get deleted

The Chloe voice thing was meant to happen in earlier parts of the nightmare but they cut it. They cut some of Max's more Pricefield-y comments too.

The nightmare only leads to the Bae ending. That is why the final choice makes no sense. Max would not let Chloe die. She's proven that with her action, her writings, and with her experiences in the nightmare.
If they showed Max two possible timelines of the future, one where Chloe is alive and one where she is not, then maybe the choice would have felt even. But as it stands the only evidence to support the Bay ending comes at the very end where it's just a suggestion with no actual basis.

>everything in the hallway is moving in reverse, suggesting that Max is supposed to go back
>the reverse hallway bit makes perfect sense if you see it as part of Max realising the 'solution'
On the contrary. She's moving against what's "expected".

I really wish that stuff was kept. Showing Max something awful like everyone flirting with Chloe, or the destroyed town after the storm, which starts to get to Max- but then she hears Chloe's voice and Max is instantly put into a better place.
Like one second she's walking through the ruins of Arcadia Bay, "Don't worry Max, we're almost to the top. I'm not leaving you.", and just hearing that changes the scene to be a much livelier and happier town.

>Like one second she's walking through the ruins of Arcadia Bay, "Don't worry Max, we're almost to the top. I'm not leaving you.", and just hearing that changes the scene to be a much livelier and happier town.
I think that might be hamfisting things a little too much.

That works too, and I agree with it. The parts of the nightmare that were good were the ones like that. Where there were multiple meanings. It comes down to how your view what it's trying to tell you.
As Max, how are you supposed to see that? She doesn't have outside knowledge and she's in a vulnerable state then, even just a bit of uncertainty could have massive effect on her in that moment. Unless something reassuring and comforting comes along and boosts her morale. Something like a positive vision or hearing Chloe's speaking to her from the outside.

Probably is too much. Right now I'm just playing with ideas that could have been interesting.
Overall I do like the nightmare but there was some parts that made no sense to me or that are not Max-like, suggesting there's something deeper going on than just Max having a bad dream.

Max herself writes that the nightmare was obvious. Her fears and insecurities turned into a reality.

And how she then together with Chloe overcame all these demons, and Chloe hers in the process.

How throughout the week, they have grown respectively and grown together, overcome obstacles along the way, and how now Max has to do it one final time. Come to a realization and a decision based on the week's experiences and its "lessons". A mature choice, so to speak. Which is that she should stop second-guessing herself and doubting her decisions, that she should embrace herself, how she does things and who she is, that she cannot control anything and has to follow her feelings - like she has. Now arguably her feelings COULD lead her both ways in the end. But it's pretty obvious, not least from the nightmare itself, where Max's feelings lie and what her heart tells her to do.

It's just another point to the 'Max is right to save Chloe' side. Perhaps the biggest time this point is made since it's the first time Max considers her feelings for Chloe being ones of love.
I do not see how anyone could have viewed it as supporting the Bay ending unless they didn't once open Max's diary or if they were not paying the slightest bit of attention.
The entire game pushes Max towards accepting her actions and towards the ending where she and Chloe drive off, and at the final moments offers a tiny nudge to say otherwise. It doesn't work.
There is only one outcome to everything: Max and Chloe leaving together.

you still here user?

Are there any metaphors in the game that could be missed?

Is this game just like Bioshock Infinite in that "Player choice doesn't really matter"?

Like did saving Alyssa all that times or watering your plant matter anyway?

I feel like this game is full of ass pulls and misused any of their foreshadowing potential they had in earlier chapters.

>Made in Taiwan bit,
what?

I think they meant the snowglobe section.

When you get to the lighthouse (=safety) in the nightmare the cutscene triggers and the "Made in Taiwan" writing on the bottom of the lighthouse is revealed.

Most of the intriguing foreshadowing as to a big interwoven whole are ass-pulls to create a atmosphere of mystery and make the player want to solve it. It turns out, there's nothing to solve. It's annoying, but there's still great characters and great character stories there, and between the lines also a coming-of-age and human story. Above all a love story. The atmosphere in the earlier episodes was still great before it fell apart towards the end of Episode 4.

I'm not so mad that it seems they didn't have greater ideas about the underlying sci-fi and magical elements of it all. There's other things to be upset with. Like how the game failed to narratively bring the game to a close in concentrating on what it was good at.

we're all here for you user

>As Max and Chloe are leaving the ruins of Arcadia Bay behind, there's one more tragic story unfolding
>Alice and Lisa stuck in Max's room, Alice hasn't eaten anything in days, the dorms are destroyed and no one comes looking for them
>"No one's gonna come save us, this is the end, we'll starve to death..."
>Alice...you can survive this and go back to your owner. All you have to do is... all you have to do is eat me."
>"What? No, fuck that. Lisa, you're my number one priority, I'm not eating you!"
>"Alice, think about it... how many times this week did you try to nibble my leafs? I'm a plant, Alice, you're a bunny, maybe it's time I accept my destiny... OUR destiny."
>"Lisa, I can't make this choice!"
>"No Alice, you're the only one who can"

>eat Lisa
instaud.io/kVV

>eat your own foot
instaud.io/kWb

clearly bae ending is the cannon ending, but what is the point of a game about choices when there is such a clear canon ending

This makes me like bay ending more. At least I feel like the new friendships I made though my own decisions mattered. Not what these pretentious french fucks had in store for me.

Also I didn't have much attachment for Chloe by the end. I think its because I didn't read the diary because my friend wanted to rush me into finishing the game so that he could keep telling me that bae ending is legit and its all about their "love".

Chloe is #1

Chloe is worth destroying time and space for.

>BAE ending

Night night /lisg/.

So what is the point of this general

Laughing at autists who continually post the same bait for... some reason.

So what is the point of your existence

I swear it's like fucking clockwork.

Kate is #1

That sure is a weird way to spell "chloe"

The general is in a time loop, I am convinced of it. The fabric of spacetime is impaired and anons will continually ask this question until the end of time.

Is this the normal game graphics?
I remember mine looking way shittier and I ran at the max settings

That sure is a weird way to spell "max"

Nope.

Michel is using his imagination to make sure we relive this general again and again.

What bait? I'm as sincere as it can get and I've never been here so I don't understand if you're referencing some local meme or not. Was just genuinely curious
Also, can someone explain why does letting Chloe die at the end somehow prevents the storm? I get the time traveling messes up with the environment part (?) but once she goes back isn't that after she already messed up with time?

We've had 4 people asking about the purpose of the general last thread and twice already this thread.

>once she goes back isn't that after she already messed up with time?
Yes, but dontnod didn't care about things actually making sense.

I just skimmed through this thread and the past one and they look pretty much the same anyway but I did not catch that
I just never expected Life is Strange to be the kind of game that would warrant a general thread

>after she already messed up with time?
Yeah, but in very minor ways. Not hard to see that it wouldn't mess with the space-time-continuum as much as an entire week's worth of time-fuckery that will always happen if Chloe survives (and she does).

At least that's one way to look at it. Bottom line: Leave your logic at the door step and embrace all that is good about the game. Like Pricefield.

Doing a replay right now, there's a poster in the girl's dorm that advertises an even for them and at the end claims it's
>bi-friendly ;)

Any theories on who besides Max swings both ways and would put up such a sign?

Pricefield is forbidden love and the actual reason for the tornado storm that God sent to purge their heresy.

All you beta faggots get off your weak ass waifus. Dana is the best girl in the series. I chose bay ending just to save her.

>waifus

The Kate hater strikes again! I really couldn't care less at this point

Kate is crying because her good friend Max is heading down a road of sin and she won't see her in Heaven.

Apparently Max is more powerful than god because you can choose the bae ending.

Indeed, how can you not love such an innocent cute little thing?

pyx-1.pretendyoure.xyz/zy/game.jsp#game=9
>password: lis

I AM A GOD

who would be cruel enough to do such a thing?

Chloe is cute.

Kate would. She'd want to save them from sin.

She would join in tho

It no work

It doth.

There's 5 of us already here? It should work fine.

She's too subtle though. Max almost missed her little cues.

it keeps saying there's an internal error and directing me to the front page, and if I try to refresh it logs me out

Ree

Max is oblivious.

private window