/bg/ - benchracing general

Why is benchracing considered a valid form of argument on this board?

Comparing lap times normally doesn't control for things like ambient temperature, humidity, tire choice, weight (wet), and most of all, the driver.

And then you have people comparing lap times that are less than 1 second different from each other and claiming

>BTFO!!
>[insert manufacturer here] cucks on suicide watch!!

Do you faggots legitimately believe benchracing arguments have any merit at all?

And no, I'm not just a mad miatafag or ricer...I don't even own a car, so I don't have a dog in this fight. I also don't have an allegiance to a particular manufacturer like so many of you morons do.

So, what is it Veeky Forums? Is benchracing just shitposting? Or are you autistic enough to think that it's not?

Also, benchracing general. Benchrace against eachother for keks. I think it would be fun to have a benchracing tournament, like pick a car and race until someone replies with something faster. Who will be the fastest?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tyr5dgTJ6Jo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>porsche 918
>6:57 nurburgring

Its just kids playing Top Trumps. There is little point in comparing the lap times of street legal cars.

>And then you have people comparing lap times that are less than 1 second different from each other and claiming

I agree with everything you're saying, but a 1 second difference is a pretty significant difference.

When you're a bus rider bench racing is all you've got.

>Why is benchracing considered a valid form of argument on this board?
it isn't

Until you consider that 100% of Veeky Forums isn't randy Pobst and don't have the knowledge or ability to get the absolute most out a specific vehicle. Very few here do more than red light race or cone fag. The ones that actually race have 30 year old engine swapped shit boxes because racing is expensive as fuck.

All of the memes that get posted are by people who can't buy the vehicle, and even if they do, they'll do like I said above, red light race or kill themselves trying to hoon on mountain roads.

The reason you see so much miata praise on this board is because you can buy one for a grand and go race an iPhone around cones, which is the most 99% of this board is capable of.

Lol at the crickets in this thread

No one has anything constructive to say because all they do is find track times that they personal couldn't achieve, and meme them during actual discussions.

>Ultima GTR
>estimated under 7 minute lap time around the ring.
>holds the record for fastest 0-100mph acceleration
youtube.com/watch?v=tyr5dgTJ6Jo
>fun as fuck to kart around in vidyagames
>is a go-kart with a V8

Thank you based Ultima for this benchracing meme-machine.

It's just the way of the internet where everyone is hostile and hell bent on winning their argument and can only see faults in others

The utter lack of replies compared to a low effort shitpost thread speaks volumes about the state of affairs of Veeky Forums.

>LESS than a one second difference

some of these niggas argue over 10ths. Also, I think a hot humid day vs. a cold dry day could make a 1 second difference in lap time controlling for car, but maybe not necessarily for driver.

The most important aspect of a car is not its performance, but how it makes the driver feel.

It must be fun to drive, have decent handling, be fairly reliable, not to expensive to own and operate, easy to fix and find parts for, but most of all, make it so that you will always smile when you get out of it, yet feel slightly sad that the ride is over for now. It's got to make the driver have fun, it's got to be viewed as not just a tool to get from point a to b, but a way to make the commute and drive less boring and more fun. It's got to be responsive, connecting, engaging and light.

Hence Miata. But if a Miata doesn't suit you, it's okay. It is whatever you want it to be, as long as you thoroughly enjoy driving and owning it. It's got to be fun. Shit. Fuck power, it's about having fun. It's not fun having to dump a shit ton into a car to be fast when you forget about the mods anyway. Don't spend a ton into it, but live moderately, follow the middle way as Buddha says, because when you find contentment in what you do have it makes it more fun than complaining and dreaming of what you don't.

You arent the real gondola. gondola does not speak.

It's because they are still in their boy racer DUDE DAGUMI phase. Most of them probably don't even own a car, so all they can do is jack off to lap times or shitty youtube reviews. Lap times are fucking useless, people drive cars on the street for fucks sake.

>I am poor
>Enjoy driving my shitty car
>Suddenly a wild bus rider appears "actually a 75k€ BMW is faster than your car"
>No shit..

Seriously the worst cancer are people that compare your car to cars that exist somewhere in the world.

The only time I think bench racing is somewhat enjoyable if I am talking with somebody and we start comparing OUR ACTUAL cars we drive in a not too serious fashion (0-100,lap times,top speed whatever).

>i took the bait: the thread

lol

>still slower than the gtr nismo gt3
PORSCHE BTFO!!!

Lol

>this triggered

nice, r.-edditors out

>har har we're only pretending to be retarded

>still this mad

>still a brony faggot

>being a furry

>furry

what?

thats Alphonse

Oh wait, you're the furry cum dump

I really need to keep better tabs on you newfags

>implying I am a homo to begin with

go back to cuck

DELET

Delete this before I have fantasies about this.

>Veeky Forums
>benchracing thread
>argues about benchracing
>doesnt actually benchrace
>/thread