2003 COBRA - help pleas b0ss

so I have a 2003 mustang cobra ,
and recently got the transmission ,
and the clutch fixed.

when the homie who sold it to me drives it ,
he drives it like perfect.

when I drive it . It wont act up at first .
give it 20 minutes and you'll hear the faintest
grind in the gears and then it will start acting up.

when I shift to neutral , frequently it gets stuck
and the only way I can move it again is if I turn off the car and put it to first.

i'm pretty sure thats not good for the car but I can't afford staying stuck in the middle of the street.

I wont be able to drive it for the day untill the next when it acts like normal but then it starts acting up again , on me at least.

my friend who sold it to me says he put in the cable that connects to the clutch on himself
and he "thinks" he put it right.

most likely i'm going to end up changing the cable but any suggestions?

Other urls found in this thread:

svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?389553-How-To-Adjust-Clutch-Cable
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

ey b0ss

Did he change the throwout bearing? If it's fugged that could cause what you're describing

Does it have an aftermarket shifter? Could have been improperly installed and isn't engaging properly.

>Fix Or Repair Daily
>Could Of Bought Real Automobile
Hows the trailer park life op?

im not sure because I didn't see him change it my friend .

I think im not shifting properly or something.
too late or too early .

No. If you can't get it in gear from neutral then it's fucked. Either the throwout bearing is gone or. more likely, the short throw shifter was improperly installed.

Unless you're a complete dipshit and trying to go into first from a roll. Sad if that's your issue as it means the car is going to be wrapped around a tree soon. Oh well. It'll make mine worth more.

Also the clutch cable is self adjusting. It either works or it doesn't. Assuming it's an OEM unit.

This is what happens when you buy a manual, but don't know how to drive a manual.

Did you try actually using the clutch at any point

Fix and Repair are the same word

How is it self adjust? Not op but wasn't aware there's self adjusting cables in auto

shifting too late or too early would just make the car jerk around and wouldn't be causing the issues you're having.

You're not going to kill your car just for shifting inconsistently as long as you're not trying to go from 2nd to 3rd at 1rpm or something stupid

its manual not auto

Does a 2003 even use a clutch cable? If it is hydraulic, it might be low on fluid.

This is the quality of posts on Veeky Forums. Why even comment if you can't contribute?

svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?389553-How-To-Adjust-Clutch-Cable

>any year
>not using a bed liner

Dont be an ass. Nearly all cars use a self adjusting hydraulic clutch. Ford is just shit.

>I know nothing and want to contribute
>twice

You cant adjust the engagement of a clutch on anything but old shitboxes you dense fuck. You honestly are retarded.

>I know nothing so I'm going to sperg

Ironic...huh? Must suck being poor

>Self adjusting
>Have to do it yourself
M9 that's not a self adjusting cables, self adjusting would be like the e-brake

>I didn't read anything posted.
Wow. How can one be so ignorant?

Well I'll be damned, excuse me for not knowing that Ford mustangs didn't use clutch cables.

If you are referring to the bite point of the clutch, most hydraulic clutches have a rod with nuts that can be turned to adjust how high it is.

>drop in liners ever
>spraying over tinfoil