Should I get a bug eye WRX?

I'm looking for a fun, fast, cheapish yet eye turning car, and I found this great WRX. Its a 2002 for gen bug eye with 98k miles, I think i can get the guy down to low 6ks. Is it worth getting? Any other suggestions? thanks br/o/s

>hartford.craigslist.org/cto/5580603286.html

Looks pretty clean. At that mileage it probably needs a suspension rebuild and a timing belt if it has one and it hasn't been done already (with proof)

how much do you think the suspension would cost?

400-1200 depending on quality of suspension

Stay away from the bug-eyes, glass trans, head gasket issues, spun bearings on ez mode, and the usual problems from all gens like cylinder 4 death, overheating from the poorly designed exhaust manifold, etc

but they look so good

Eh blob eye is much better

They don't.

Even if you keep them stock?

I've been noticing a lot of stockish 100-160k mile 02-05 WRXs in the $4-6k range. I'd just end up doing a retune and a full exhaust, then just keep it as a daily driver if my Civic got totaled out/stolen. Maybe a set of STi shocks if I found a cheap set.

>head gasket issues
Not as common on the 2.0 as is led to believe, more prominent on the 2.5s.

>spun bearings
When modified

>people actually want poorly designed vehicles

the car of spoiled frat bros with a face that screams "hey man lets roll some doobies lol yolo i just recorded the new kanye album off youtube"

>used WRX
>not poorly modified
>not thrashed

For that price just get an IS 300 and start socking away money to turbocharge that 2JZ

OP if the car is in good condition, and you can get it for 6k, buy it. That is a steal for a wrx trust me

6k for a

Bugeye is the best eye.

>When modified
Pretty much every wrx owner will modify their car, it's rare to see an unmodified one. Too bad they're shit and overpriced

I think you confused them with shitstangs.

this

Yes. I have a 2002 wrx that has 320k kms on it with no major repairs apart from the regular stuff. In my experience they're super reliable and will always run strong. Also, for that price you should for sure get it, in my area that same car would literally be double to triple that price.

god taste

No, buy a 2016

If you have money to burn then pick her. Up the look good but at almost 100k you'll be doing a shit ton of up keep to start with. Looking at least a grand or so as the owner doesn't want to do the timing and general up keep.

Any car being sold at close to 100k is questionable unless it has all service records.

Can confirm have a 2003 wrx with 225km, preety solid car.