Jalopnik is officially fucked!!

oh the joy...

yahoo.com/gma/gawker-media-files-bankruptcy-171505396--abc-news-celebrities.html

Other urls found in this thread:

jalopnik.com/were-here-were-posting-cool-shit-about-cars-get-used-1781768483
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

and nothing of value was lost

Bankruptcy doesn't mean out of money

It means people think they have more money than they have so they have to count what they actually have before they file their taxes.

I bet you think Trump is broke too

Theyre only doing that to try to get rid of that Hulk Hogan judgement money.

I don't think bankruptcy will remove a legal judgement, it still has to be paid.

IIRC most of that has to come from Denton also, regardless of what happens to Gawker.

They're reevaluating their assets after the case and payment of damages to Hogan before they file their taxes. So it's an extension before they get fucked up the ass by the IRS.

thats not how bankruptcy works friend. they still have to sell their assets to pay creditors.
trump isnt broke because non-small businesses are treated as separate entities it's owner's assets are protected.

Bad news...

jalopnik.com/were-here-were-posting-cool-shit-about-cars-get-used-1781768483

I am aware, see

Jalopnik being Cancer, what would CarThrottle be called....

r/ cars 2.0

Next is car throttle

Lets have all wank car sites end.

DID EVERYONE MISS THE PART IN OP'S ARTICLE WHERE IT STATES JALOPNIK ALONG EITH OTHER GAWKER MEDIA PROPERTY SUCH AS GIZMODO, JEZEBEL, AND IO9 ARE BEING BOUGHT BY ZIFF-DAVIS?? THEY AREN'T GOING ANYWHERE

This site is so trash.
Why do they hire incompetent journalists.
Fucking huffington post of car media.

Every article about anything now is filled with op-ed bullshit.
"journalism" has been turned into a series of blog posts.

And maybe under ZD they will be forced to actually do real journalism?

Yay RIP Doug Demuro cuck whining

All one has to do is look at Ziff-Davis' IPs and pray

They're not fucked, they're already being snatched up by a media company.

See

God bless that magnificent gay billionaire that footed Hulk Hogan's legal bills.

Yeah, I saw after I posted.
Apparently he's bankrolling a few other lawsuits as well.
I want to be a billionaire and do whatever I want.

>declare bankruptcy
> don't have to pay anything
Jews

They still have to pay, they just pay less in taxes after they count their shekels.

Jalopnik is probably the best site owned by Gawker, but let's not pretend like it's all that great, they still had a fair amount of click-baity bullshit.

If throwing Jalopnik to the wolves means no more Jezebel or Kotaku, I'll take it in a heartbeat.

This
Jalopnik is the lesser evil spawn of Gawker, but still pretty evil

>I want to be a billionaire and do whatever I want.

That's what PayPal and Facebook money will do for you.

Dont forget Lifehacker man

As in, its a shame its going to get canned. Its the best gawker site

Jalopnik was fine up until they did that terrible site remake years and years ago.

Fuck I remember reading articles from there on cardomain.

I worry that such an acquisition would have a bad effect on his bizness

The jury found Gawker Media Group liable, not Denton. Thus GMG is responsible for payment of the $140 million awarded for damages.

Bankruptcy will not remove the judgement; however, it will slow the process.Chapter 11 stayed the all of its creditors' claims, including the court judgement.

GMG is now auctioning its assets. Proceeds will go to pay its debt. Ziff Davis put in a stalking horse bid to test the waters before the auction, and it was allowed to purchase all GMG's assets but none of its liabilities. it has basically set a bid floor for the auction.

I'm not sure if the auction is for all of GMG's assets collectively or if they'll be sold piecemeal. If it's the latter, we could see its various sites go to different companies.

>and it was allowed to purchase all GMG's assets but none of its liabilities, per bankruptcy law

fixed that for myself