/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Previous thread /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 10.7 - Homebrew: Browser/Menuhax up to 11.0)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-11.0 Browserhax & Menuhax are out now! smealum.github.io/3ds/
-Install Menuhax ASAP if you're not already on CFW, because Nintendo can block Browserhax remotely without a workaround. twitter.com/smealum/status/758450605568372736
-You STILL can't downgrade, use CFW or install .cia files from 11.0 without a hardmod or hacked system transfer. github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/DSiWare-Downgrade
-Plailect's new guide out soon(tm).
-FreeShop 2.0 out soon(tm).
-DS games on SD cards out soon(tm).

>Wii U
-IOSU allegedly happening, update to 5.5.1 recommended. twitter.com/Mathew_Wi/status/766504663826870272
-Enter 104.236.072.203 under DNS Settings to block updates. twitter.com/NWPlayer123/status/766486134356529152

>Vita
-Downgrader in development. reddit.com/r/vitahacks/comments/4yi5bw/write_access_to_vs0_achevied_expect_a_downgrader/
-xyz making a webkit if KOTH challenge goes nowhere. blog.xyz.is/2016/webkit-360.html
-New Vita update released. It patches HENkaku.
-Homebrew available now on firmware 3.60. henkaku.xyz
-Yifan Lu denies H's work on reverse-engineering HENkaku as actual progress.

>PS4
-HENkaku ported to PS4 firmware 3.55 github.com/Fire30/PS4-3.55-Code-Execution-PoC
-yiffy is a fgt

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/hoshi_ra/status/767140354759991297
twitter.com/hoshi_ra/status/767125274156728321
twitter.com/Tankerbot/status/767086084945764352
tieba.baidu.com/p/4742168449
pan.baidu.com/s/1hsJNUyK
pan.baidu.com/s/1gfbkE35
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

federation force cia pls?

Nothing new on the Vita scene. The scene is fucking dead now, everything is ruined. All of that because some faggot wanted some attention. I keep refreshing the internet and nothing new comes out. Still no piracy. Still no worthwhile homebrew or even a fucking n64 emulator. The emulators available now are all shit and don't even work properly. There's no reason to have a vita anymore. In fact there was never a reason to even buy a fucking used vita to begin with. This piece of shit console is dead on arrival and now somehow it's even deader than before. How the fuck do you kill something that was already dead and make it even more deader? Bravo you putrid motherfuckers. You just filled my soul to the brim with rage and regret. I'll forever hate everysingle one of you who meme'd me into buying this piece of shit. I curse your name in the name of Satan and I wish all sorts of horrible tragedies to befall on you and your families. I'll never forgive you. You betrayed me. Now I have a paperweight. Even my fucking nokia c3 from 20 years ago has better emulators than this shit. The VIta is fucking dead and useless. All thanks to you. You bunch of miserable MOTHERFUCKERS! I HATE YOU, I fucking haaaaaaaaaaate you1 Give me back the money I wasted on this shit. Give me back the years I waited for a fucking hack to makes piece of useless garbage usable for the first time in it's miserable life. There's no going back now. All of this ruined because some faggot didn't want to release the fucking source code so he could masturbate his chinky microdick while the world burned. We may as well just end this fucking scene. This is a fucking facade and you know it. THe only reason we have this shitty scene is to give these 12 year old hax0r kids the attention their pedophille fathers haven't. Just fucking burn it once and for all, JUST FUCKING BURN IT!

3dsiso, billy released today

>terry's wonderland translation in final testing

[GDRIVE][MEGA] Metroid Prime Federation Force (USA) (Region Free) *3DSiso Exclusive!*

also kill yourself

thx, i will after i play it k?

Can someone give me an intro-level explanation to tickets and titlekeys? Am I able to just scan the titlekey ticket gen QR code and download, or do I need freeshop as well?

What was wrong with just putting .cias on an SD card?

twitter.com/hoshi_ra/status/767140354759991297

Is it anything? No? Just a Vita game?

sure

watch it being c&d'd before september hits and helmax blaming pretty much everything but his blatant release schedule

Does anyone have the qr for Federation Force?

>Put 2 new homebrews on SD
>Try loading homebrew launcher on the CFW
>Yellow screen
>3 yellow screen laters the CFW yellow screens
>After about 8 yellow screens do whatever i wanted to do
>Take SD out edit some files
>Put SD back in
>Yellow screen

Is 10.7.32 downgradable without a game?

don't jinx it motherfucker

Having to remove the sd on a n3ds.

>Am I able to just scan the titlekey ticket gen QR code and download

With FBI, Yes.

Don't know if I trust chinks further than I can throw them.

so, my emuNAND_original.bin is 1.21 mb while my sysNAND_original.bin is 1.84, I've been told I have a toshiba, as it is the fire emblem new 3ds, should I do the emuNAND again?

Please calm down.

You have only yourself to blame.

any news on vita?

Sure.

> buying a 3.6 vita was a mistake

i have a hacked new 3DS xl and id like to play triforce heroes with some friends but i get a message about updating to the latest firmware

is download play simply not possible with a hacked 3ds?

Supposedly used in tandem with twitter.com/hoshi_ra/status/767125274156728321

emunand?

k

Doesn't work for me :/
Thanks anyway though

Did you use it in the browser?

So I'm back after about a week or so abroad, and all of a sudden I fucking see this in OP

>DS games on SD cards out soon(tm)

This is just OP trolling, right? I thought this was a physical impossibility.

Does Federation Force have online multiplayer and is it any good?

>Try to convert Pokemon Flora Sky to .cia
>Doesn't run
>DL pre-converted CIAs of it
>Still doesn't run
>Rom runs fine on VBA
I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the save file type or something. Anyone here ever tried doing something similar?

anybody gonna bite the bullet and install this?

what do i use to make gba games runs? i used fbi to install the cia, and it just errors. i saw to disable whatever on luma settings and did that as well

>Does Federation Force have online multiplayer
That's literally one of the only selling points. I can understand lack of online for Mario Party but for a game like this it's essential.

OP here. I never troll. :^)

Is there any functional difference between using a CIA and using the ticket+FBI->game?

The concept is straightforward, install the VPK (with the supposed decrypted eboot) then copy the data over manually via FTP into the created data directory.

I can't imagine it'd be easy to slip in something malicious, but you know chinks.

Difference between emunand and rednand?

>emunand

never heard of this, so it hides the firmware to be the most recent one?

Tickets are (from my own half assed understanding) a file that your 3DS downloads after you purchase a game or DLC, inside the Ticket is an encrypted Titlekey which has the data needed to install the game or DLC onto your 3DS

You can scan the QR code with FBI, or use Freeshop to straight download a game if it's on there

What the literal fuck?

Jesus, I never thought I'd see the (almost( day.

Wait for the redditfags to try it, I'm not into risking bricking my vita.

I guess HENkaku homebrews don't have PFS protection?

Tried FBI, and then another qr scanner application. Was the qr for a .cia?

To support the point that the news considering DS ROMS being launched off SD card are real and the actual HAX is in works now twitter.com/Tankerbot/status/767086084945764352

What can I do to help the sound processing in the Retroarch core of gPSP? It's the PS Vita core.

It plays sound okay, except for when it needs to change music tracks. Then it stutters a bit.

No, I was trolling you. I'm sorry.

Just go get it on 3dsiso

Yeah I just did

>I actually might have a reason to take my 3DS out of the drawer now

Holy shit.

Seems pretty safe to me.

You guys are pussies.

I think I did something terribly wrong trying to update Luma.

For the average user? There is none.

It has something to do with the byte allocation for the boot partition but it's too technical for me to give a shit, as its a >literally delete an hour later step in the plailect guide.

Then go ahead and test it for us :^)

Is it any good? Anything like Prime Hunters?

you need to go further, theres no emoji yet

>3DS
>DS games on SD cards out soon

source?

help pls

in b4 racewar

>-DS games on SD cards out soon(tm).
>-IOSU allegedly happening, update to 5.5.1 recommended
What a time to be alive.

That I can't answer. I haven't played it yet. I only know there's online multiplayer. From what I've seen the reception is divided.

literally scroll up

I think it's better than Hunters, not like that's much of an accomplishment.

Looks like your Luma updater has been infested with dwarves.

Oh, so I didn't fuck up. The updater app itself did.

I guess that's good to know. I should probably still backup my NAND again.

I will do it. Wish me luck.

I've been out of 3ds for quite some time as I've lent mine to my bro so he could play some shit.

What's the latest firmware and is it safe to still update emunand with it?

yes

11.0 , yes

11.0 was supposed to be the be-all end-all for a9lh.

I sincerely doubt with 99.99% certainty there will ever be an unsafe system update again. The NX is next year, and ninty seems to have given up. Fuck, Browserhax is still working 2-3 weeks later.

>xyz making a webkit if KOTH challenge goes nowhere
Fix this shit you faggots
xyz is one of Molecule team, he's not going to "make a webkit", he's going to explain how the webkit exploit henkaku uses works.
"Webkit" is the name of the Vita internet browser, just like "skater" and "spider" on 3DS

and in the op browserhax works on 11.0 now it says. does that mean it can be easily hacked now?

11.0 only gets kickass homebrew

chill your shit out, we've got eboot decryption. just needs to be confirmed

3DS is now confirmed for best fucking system ever.

How are the emulators coming along on Vita? NES, SNES, Sega, and GB/GBC/GBA?

sauce?

I guess I can still make some changes in my console to install arm9, I followed the Retards Guide back when that was the only good way.

I'll check from which part I have to start if I followed that. Thanks!

pretty well, most are at the very playable state. some still need dynarec implemented.

Good luck user.

"anonymous Chinese hacker declared he/she decrypted the game"
Not a lot to go on, i prefer to not get my hopes up. He might have found that decrypted on a developer's vita just like that Adventure Time game.

All of those run fullspeed at this point. GBA has some slowdowns occasionally, as well as major sound issues, but that's about it.

Cool. I really just wanna be able to play SMRPG flawlessly on a handheld. I also really want sega cd and turbo cd emulation as well. Playing the Megaman X games would be great too. Love the vita shoulder buttons for dashing on x4

If it's playable then it's good.

Speaking of which, is the adventure time game worth playing?

You understand that "single free chinese game" and "generic eboot decryption" are two very different things in scope and magnitude, right?

tieba.baidu.com/p/4742168449

Anyone know what they're saying?

can't speak chink

I just wanna play some vita games for free man, I understand the difference but wether the chinknese decrypted it or not I just wanna know if it works so I can play it. We all know piracy is inevitable at this point, it's just a matter of time anyway.

That's why I asked you fucking retard

Do you like ALTTP?
Then yeah give it a shot

There's this thing called google translate. I scrolled trough and they are confirming that it's working. Still I'm not sure and will wait for better confirmation. My memory card is full, 4gb, and I can't afford to the delete the thousands of files on it because it took me literal hours. Hopefully it's working.

install xanadu0 first, then unpack xanadu.rar and override the ux:/app:/PCSG00608 folder use ftp.
xanadu.vpk.rar
pan.baidu.com/s/1hsJNUyK PW:idk2
xanadu0.vpk.rar
pan.baidu.com/s/1gfbkE35 PW:ayuw

I can confirm that the vpk installed the Xanadu icon. Now I'm waiting for the rest to be transferred.

>NDS flashcards will be obsolete soon
Finally, something to look forward to.

Is the game in english, chinese or japane?

I can hear yiffy rolling in his grave right now.

I was about to buy a game but I guess I'll just be patient and wait to get it for free. :^) hue

The icon text and the game's ID are Japanese.

He just deleted the leddit thread, fucking faggot.

Samurai Jack