How do you keep your car secure?

Ever had your car stolen?

Other urls found in this thread:

nkgroup.co.uk/product/clutch-claw-in-car-security-device/
tvl-ltd.co.uk/content/pedalbox
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I do nothing.

My dad had his truck stolen twice, though. Both times found it not very far away.

I have a garage

nope i don't park in shady area thought

No, but my parents had their 1982 Datsun pickup or whatever it was stolen. The next door neighbor's teenage son stole it, rattle-canned it blue and put a red decal racing stripe on it and was dumb enough to drive it around the neighborhood like that.

Not really sure what happened but my parents were back to driving that around, racing stripe decal and all, and I think his old man beat the shit out of him and sent him to lie with some relatives or something. Kinda Darwin-Award level stupid there.

and it always stays there? what about parking at work... oh wait

Full coverage insurance and a car that has an immobilizer key.

>How do you keep your car secure?
manual transmission.

Built an 18x6m shed so the truck is locked up pretty much all the time. Needed the size so I can fit a hoist under the peak and have a bit of room extra.

vats system

nah i wont bother telling what i do because no matter what i say
>LOL user THEY'LL JUST FLATDECK IT IF THEY WANT IT SO BAD :^)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

my del sol was stolen twice and so a kill switch was installed. it was broken into again a few years later and only the seats were stolen. if it wasn't for the kill switch, it would've been stolen three times

This was about 4 years ago but I came back to the parking lot after getting groceries one time, the lot was packed so I had parked towards the back, and there was a hispanic dude crouched into my back door when I walked up. I approached him and watched him jackknife up and look right at me, asked him why he was so close to my car (I had an uninstalled enclosure and subs sitting in the backseat)

As soon as I noticed the back seat was unlocked he yelled that he was tying his son's shoes (who was standing about 6 feet away from him on the other side of the car), proceeded to call me a racist profiler for accusing him, someone of mexican descent of breaking into their car and proceeded to say he would "beat the shit" out of me if his kid wasn't there.

He stomped towards me flaring his shoulders at me and turned around and quickly grabbed his kid's hand walking away

Mah nigga
Literally doors open 24/7

>implying spics don't know how to drive manual

may stop jamaal, but i doubt its gonna stop juan

I don't park in poor areas of the city and I have a garage.

as someone who lives in Texas, you made me laugh. Thank you

Juan doesn't want a 5 speed manual Saturn Ion.

Black people love old school cars. They know how to drive it.

juan will take whatever he can get

black people only know how to ride motorcycles they can't drive a stick shift car

Bought a $30 GPS unit off Amazon with a $3/month prepaid SIM card plan.

It won't prevent it from getting stolen but may allow it to be recovered, and I park it on the street in a slightly crime-ridden part of town.

Haven't had my car stolen but I had my car broken into twice. First time they threw all my shit around and stole some crappy sunglasses while ignoring the gps system in the glove compartment. Second time they literally bent my door to get in and stole the gps system which was 5 years out of date and a 4gb ipod. Luckily i bent the door back with minimal damage.

I drive a car no one wants.

As a southamerican, can pretty much confirm. Anything south of the US doesn't get many autos. Everybody here drives manuel.

Its not an anti theft device and i wouldn't rely my car on not getting stolen JUST because its a manual.

A miata? A twingo?

Driving a car that I wouldn't care if it was stolen.

Don't park it in areas composed of darkies

I dont live in a poor people area will people actually commit a felony for something as inane as a car.

If you dont live in a area that has >150k in household income, you live in a poor area.

>he doesn't know about the plethora of rap songs about driving in old school cars.

Yea and 99% of the cars mentioned in those songs were automatic or automatic only.

I've known many black "car guys" and only 1 could drive a stick. And he hated rap music and niggers. Decent guy.

>nigger music
>a reflection of reality
o im laffin.

>but anime girls are
I'm laffin harderer

Where did I imply that you silly cotton picker?

Also there's a large difference between a rap video and an animated cartoon.

Classics with manual transmissions are generally out of reach of ghettards. The antiques they get are mostly automatic 4-door barges.

The coupes and stickshift classics are hoarded by white boomers because "muh desirable"

Take the fuse out for the fuel pump and have a hidden switch for it. Only way it'll get moving is if they put it on a flatbed and haul it.

Stop kidding yourself. Ever heard of a man named Reggie Jackson?

wtf is this even for?? How does this stop someone from driving the car

>How do you keep your car secure?

Bright lights AND neighbors watching out for each other. My neighbors across the street also have a 2 story house and a 2 car garage. Naturally, we use one side for storage and shelves and the other has the best car while the other car sits outside in the driveway. We cannot stop thieves from casing our neighborhood because we dont have a homeowner association (HOA) and security gates for the neighborhood. Thus, no curfew can be given for non residents and car thieves and homeless can be walking around your driveway at 2AM or whenever the residents are observed to turn off their lights and go to sleep.

If someone prowls my driveway OR my neighbor's driveways, both our bright lights turn on. Each unit has two lamps and two sensors. I am one sensor shallowly across the street and the other is aimed at the driveway. It's on the 2nd story so they are not easily disabled by the criminals unscrewing the bulbs. By having another different light shine across the street at the backside of the car, everything is well lit and car prowling is prevented because the criminal opens your trunk from the backside where the sensor cannot see him easily.

Cooperation between neighbors helps protect the cars and property from looting or having expensive parts removed. Mine isn't sensed by a house burglar alarm but theirs is. They put a zone time alarm on theirs so if it is triggered between 2 AM to 5 AM, their inside house warning sounds off by beeping. They are armed and the husband is an ex-vet, so he's actually shot people. His philosophy is it's better for the criminal to die because then he won't tell lies about you in court.

I've wondered this myself for years

Sad to see people still jacking it dry to this meme.

My car is a total shitbox and I seriously doubt anybody would steal it, unless they want to scrap it or get a couple parts it being a very common car. I've forgotten it open multiple times and it's still there.

>This was about 4 years ago but I came back to the parking lot after getting groceries one time, the lot was packed so I had parked towards the back, and there was a hispanic dude crouched into my back door when I walked up. I approached him and watched him jackknife up and look right at me, asked him why he was so close to my car (I had an uninstalled enclosure and subs sitting in the backseat)
>As soon as I noticed the back seat was unlocked he yelled that he was tying his son's shoes (who was standing about 6 feet away from him on the other side of the car), proceeded to call me a racist profiler for accusing him, someone of mexican descent of breaking into their car and proceeded to say he would "beat the shit" out of me if his kid wasn't there.
>He stomped towards me flaring his shoulders at me and turned around and quickly grabbed his kid's hand walking away

Many of the blacks and hispanics here in Washington State often teach their children that it is okay to screw over everyone else because everyone else screws them over. That's not true because there are quite a few people trying to give others a fair chance. But the criminals are so pernicious that it really gives blacks and hispanics a negative stereotype.

If you ignore all domestic quarrel type violence, about 80% of the violence in my prosperous primarily white city has black or hispanic involvement. If you remove the drunken or domestic violence, all of the city murders since the year 2000 are due to blacks and hispanics. The local black lives matter movement tries to censor anyone repeating the truthful stats by accusing them of racism to use the Chilling Effect career fear to shut them up. In my mind, the Black Lives Matter people are close to being economic/career terrorists. They hold your career hostage by using racism as a censorship weapon against the truth. Why is it illegal to know the truth? WHY is the truth illegal to the BLM activists?

>Sad to see people still jacking it dry to this meme.
It's too easy to be a lazy smart-aleck poster.

>dat pandering to those people who stole your car 2.5 times

>those stickers

You obviously deserved it and maybe even asked for it.

Not that guy, but you have no idea how frustrating it is to have high parked car crime and not be able to do anything about it that doesn't get you called racist or sued or worst yet assaulted. And if they don't assault you in a confrontation, they vandalize your poor parked car in revenge if you try anything.

You catch a nignog in your car "I saw the car door open and wondered what was going on" or "You are racist and I am filing that on your criminal record and even if you dont get convicted, it will be on your record so leave me alone otherwise cuz I know your fancy job promotion will be stopped with the accusation on your record" Black Lives Matter activism has the crminals well-coached.

the car was much more stock looking back then when it was stolen (like 10 years ago).

when it became under my possession a year ago, I put those stickers on for function; the silver sticker on the windshield is to stop the crack under it from growing, and the 100 sticker is to distract me from the shit touch up job the previous owner did. I since replaced the 100 with a white [hoonigan] sticker

my car was stolen out in hawaii and then broken into with seats stolen up in washington so whites and hawaiians/asians are to blame

I want to get a classic car, but I understand they're easy to steal.

So I want to put in
>at least 3 hidden kill switches
>alarm
>steering wheel lock.

Any other things that aren't overboard for a dd?

You two are fucking retarded.

Yes. Please enlighten us.

The ONE AND ONLY TRUE ANTI THEFT SYSTEM COMING THROUGH

>Not locking your clutch for maximum security

what a stupid spic

>I want to get a classic car, but I understand they're easy to steal.

If there are brass fittings they may yank or twist them off for metal value. I'm glad that they don't know my hood and trunk lid are aluminum or they'd pry up the edge and then unbolt it for raw aluminum scrap value. They are incredibly destructive parasites upon working society. It's good I have a low profile and don't attract their attention to my car. Aluminum alloy rims? They jam bits of metal, folded aluminum foil, or even paper clips into the keyholes of locking nuts as punishment for denying them your rims.

If not for the fear of police or your gun, they really would attack you in your own home. Take it over. Live there until your bank accounts and 401K runs dry from transferrals into the account. It's easy since they torture your codes out and use your card to withdraw cash from the ATM. Your 401K and company pension gets direct transfers into your bank account and no problem there.

The criminals are just too bold now. Too mocking of the law. Too mocking of people who work.

The bar will hit the roof, you leg, parts of the dash. Anything that gets in the way of the long part. Yeah it doesn't stop you from starting the car and moving it forward, but you wont be making any turns with it.

>but you wont be making any turns with it.

Wat.

>hits parts of the dash
Only true argument
>hit the roof
Depends on the car, calculating the size of that thing it most likely wont.
>your leg
You move it.

It will be harder to drive with it, sure, but not impossible, and its still a lock, so you can pick it.

Those were all true arguments, go buy one and driving around with it on if its so easy lol

Isn't owning a manual car in the US enough theft protection in itself?

i used to have something that wouldnt make the car start unless you activated a certain accessory
then it decided to no longer work and i wasnt able to staret my car anymore, even with the switch of the little box in the off position.
i got it removed, on the back it said it was made in may of 1996

>go to make a full right turn
>bar hits dash
>fuck
>go to make left turn
>hits roof or door
>fuck

It's about piece of mind and bringing the 'do not steal' message to thieves. Bad guys can always tow the car away and saw it off.

US thieves cant drive manual?

American's can't drive manual in general

I park my old manual-transmission Chevy next to anything newer/better (which is almost anything) and have no worries.

>US thieves cant drive manual?

The thieves will just crudely drive the car and wreck the transmission. But it doesn't matter as in most cases, they strip the valuable parts out for sale on ebay or elsewhere.

Airbags have high demand. and they wreck pillars, dashes, and your seats to get those out fast. Your car is a real mess and you have to replace the bags and harness wiring too since spics and nignogs cut wires here and there at random in their rush....

i have a crappy car

Go park a manual Integra in a shady neighborhood and see what happens

I wish someone would steal my car.

>Go park a manual Integra in a shady neighborhood and see what happens
The same thing as what happens to cars left on our freeways overnight. You come back, the passenger-side window is smashed (traffic can't see that side) and your airbags and other easily re-sellable parts are stripped out.

Remember that if you don't report this to the insurance company as a claim, and you don't repair the car, this new damaged state becomes the new official state of the car to the insurance company. So if it is stolen 32 days later without repair work being underway, they will only pay you the value of the legally undrivable car with all the damage from the thieves stealing parts from it because that was the new status of your car that you choose to keep. An insurance policy doesn't insure a car for its ideal blue book value for the age it is at if the owner doesn't actually have a driveable car. It does allow you time to begin repairs, but if you refuse, then that car becomes its new status. Otherwise, insurance companies would be inundated with a ton of false claims where the car owners would part out the cars and then turn in the cars for a theft claim in order to collect twice. Nope, the insurance compensates only for the burning hulk the owners turned their parted out car into.

>imbliging they want your shitty car
most thieves are more interested in random items sitting in your car, be it your phone, wallet, w/e. Most of the time they'll jack your radio or speakers, i don't get this whole ''they steal the whole thing'' mentality you guys have.

my neighbor got his car (civic) stolen and it was recovered in a nearby neighborhood. I don't remember what was missing but it was a single part that ~$100, like the water pump or something

Lol, someone broke into my dad's ranger. Not sure if they were just trying to steal shit from it, but it is stock manual. So no radio, and guessing they couldn't drive manual.

>those wheels
>those stickers

is the "100" referring to the power you wish it could make?

It's as easy as not parking in a poor area. Poverty is the germ of crime.

Thief starts car in gear synchro shifts away

You beat me to it senpai.

Niggers can't drive stick (so yes).

I'd move out of that 3rd world shithole

>Niggers can't drive stick (so yes).
They don't care about driving it nicely without damage. All that matters is getting away. If they burn out 1st gear or grind 2nd gear to tatters, they don't care. They only need to steal the car to a safe place they can then take it apart to meet part sales orders.

what are the theft rates on post 2008/12 maybe cars. I was under the impression you cannot steal my car without the key or a flatbed with modern cars.
Unless it's one of those gone in 60 seconds super planned out thefts where they get keys premade from the dealership to steal your specific car.

this
only people who don't hate niggers are people who never seen niggers in irl, AKA majority of white liberals living in white neighborhood

if you ever encounter with niggers irl, you'd hate them with passion

Twingos are actually piss easy to steal and make it to the top 5 of most stolen cars every year in France

You know when you drive that moment when you have to turn the wheel? You're not gonna get that bar past the windshield/A-pillar/center console.

where can I buy something this? Yes, I already tried visiting the site

replying to myself, the year was ~2000.

The amount of nignog crime is UNDER-reported over here. That's because if there is no witness, then it is simple just a crime for that area's demographics. The city has been trying to get the police to make it harder to formally declare a crime so now there typically has to be a sworn statement of evidence and not just a statement of crime. For example, there has to be a broken window or pried open door damage. I guess the city is under pressure to look good and not have too many crime statistics that make the profitable taxbase people and businesses move out to suburbs.

>Ever had your car stolen?

At the "Park and Ride" parking lot where people park their cars and get onto buses, it's not so much that cars get burgled, but you can get mugged. They know the places that don't check ID for use of credit cards. The other problem is the park and ride is across the street from an ATM, so sometimes, the perps lie in wait near the ATM. Most bank accounts allow at least $500 cash to be withdrawn each day so it's a good score.

Before you accuse me of racism, I am only speaking the truth as a former user of the Park and Ride. I was also a successfully mugged mugging victim. I had an attempt made while I was at the ATM but I ran off into a store and got away. In all cases, it was by well-dressed black people in the 20's. They wear hoodies to hide their hairline and face outline which basically prevents reliable ID. I had a full look at the face and if you put them in a lineup, I would be hard pressed to pick without the hairline, ears, and hair because that dark skin really does make the center of the face fairly similar if a hoody is worn. Yes, it is summer here and many still wear things with hoodies and baseball caps.

My friend got his Integra stolen only for it to be found days later in a sketchy neighborhood w/o stereo, speakers, stock rims etc. Its easier for them to relocate it to remove more time consuming items and then dump the rest into an empty lot.

This is the closest thing i found and it looks very promising since it locks the clutch and brakes.

Forgot link
nkgroup.co.uk/product/clutch-claw-in-car-security-device/

I also found this
tvl-ltd.co.uk/content/pedalbox

Dont kniw if its trully univeral thohgh.

>i don't get this whole ''they steal the whole thing''
They can't work on your car in your nice suburb city. Too many watchers or even block watch. So they steal it to a place where people don't care or won't report them. Newer cars have recyclable aluminum hood and aluminum trunk lids and their heavy weight makes it worth getting scrap pricing. New AGM batteries are worth reselling.

Unfortunate for you if you left your garage door opening in the car since the registration shows where they can use that garage door opener to burgle your house when you are gone to work.

It just seems so annoying to put on and take off since it is large and needs to be heavy metal. I guess it stays in the trunk for around the town trips and only gets used when parking at home.

Things need a loud tamper alarm though.

i don't fix the body work and live in a good neighborhood

taking the steering wheel with u

hacksaw.

Go to store I always go to
Always park at the same spot
Go to store and parking spot I always use is not available.
I park my manual truck in a different spot.
Exit store
Truck is gone
Wtf!
Someone stole it in 10 mins?
Go out to where i parked
Look around
Oh...
It rolled away and hit a tree...

But then they can just bring an autozone wheel? Or is it only a special wheel can attach?

I have an nrg set up; pretty gud to keep people from even trying to steal your car.

I keep my steering wheel inside while I'm at home or keep it in the trunk while I'm at work, but I also want the nrg lock too so some dink with their own wheel doesn't steal my car.

I've left my window rolled down all the one accidentally once and nothing happened.
Then again I don't live in a shitty neighborhood.