Why don't you drive a Scion iM Veeky Forums?

Why don't you drive a Scion iM Veeky Forums?

The styling is pretty good for the small shitbox hatchback category
The interior has a lot of room and you can fit 5 people comfortably, unlike a Fiesta
You can get it with either a 6spd manual or a "7spd" CVT
It has a Toyota motor that was probably developed in the Reagan era so it's guaranteed to be reliable
It has a double wishbone rear suspension for maximum driving pleasure
It has more standard features than most BMWs
You can get one for a $149/mo 0 down lease or get 0% financing for 72mo since Scion is going out of business

Why don't you own one yet?

Other urls found in this thread:

scion.com/models/iM/2016/specs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

...is the lease really that cheap?

>FWD

because I've already set money aside for a 2017 gt86.

Because I refuse to buy any angry, pedestrian-safe recent car.

>$169/mo $1999 down
Pass.

COOL VIBRATIONS

That plus you can't afford one. Also, you aren't old enough to drive.

Are you like the internet version of those niggers who stand on the side of the road holding a "going out of business sale" sign for a furniture store?

I thought Scions were unreliable despite being a toyota

the only unreliable scion is the FR-S which is a subaru

the BRZ is also subaru's most unreliable car

It actually is a pretty well rounded car. It's just not great. And Scion needed one great car to save itself.

>inb4 FR-S apologists weigh-in

I'm heavily considering getting the iM or an LX Civic 5 speed manual. Hard to choose, but the iM seems like it'd be the better all around choice. But I bet the Honda drives better.

It's reliable after you weld the body seams, replace the clutch, and ditch the direct injection

>scion is going out of business
thank god

Because the God tier Mazda 3 exists.

I like it, would get a used one for next daily once im completely done with school

The only one worth getting is the Grand Touring s, which is almost 30k even used.

Horsepower? Curb weight?

Your opinion aside, if we're talking about comparable trims/specs, the mazda 3 is clearly better.

Of course it's the better driver, but it costs thousands more. What part of that don't you understand? Retard.

Waaah, 2k is a huge difference . Have fun buying a car that will only be worth its weight in scrap.

>2k
>he wants a base model Mazda 3

He wants even more useless electronic junk weighing down his 130 hp 3,000 lb shitbox.

the mazda 3 has significantly less standard equipment than the 17.5k (manual) or 18.5k (auto) scion

it's basically honda fit pricing, except that you get a bigger car and it's not built in fucking mexico

137 HP
2943 lbs (6 speed manual transmission)
3031 lbs (CVT transmission)

>4 wheel disc brakes
>double wishbone IRS
>lots of features for the price

>he thinks it fucking matters when they're both FWD econoboxes under 190hp

scion.com/models/iM/2016/specs

>You get a bigger..
It's also a faster car, better handling car, a more fuel efficient car, subjectively better looking. If you want a slightly cheaper, more boring, edgy, more do-dads, shitbox go for the im, enjoy your shit resale value. Yfw you realize how much these cars will depreciate.

isn't double wishbone the best type of IRS?

are there any other FWD shitboxes with that kind of suspension anymore? i know old hondas had that, but i doubt that they do now.

yes it is. Civic's and Accords still have it, as does the Scion tC. The Scion tC and iM both use an updated version of the chassis from the last Toyota Celica, so there's definite potential here, even with the tC's Camry engine, and the iM's Corolla engine.

i highly doubt scions will depreciate any faster than they did previously

they're all going to be rebadged as toyotas next year and they all have readily available parts

>CVT

Get the 6 speed manual. I hope there will be an aftermarket for these cars soon, I wouldn't be surprised if these get a boost in sales after switching to Toyota since most car shoppers are fucking dumb and didn't even know Scion was Toyota despite being in the same showroom.

They are way too expensive for a fwd shitbox

The base model isn't and still drives way better than the Scion

I don't need or want a small economy car. They are also the worst sort of car to buy new since they depreciate like a stripper about to turn 30.

What?

Civics and Corollas have some of the best resale

Lol the base goes for less than a corolla

upvoted :^)

The base Mazda 3 has zero features though, you get way more car with the competitors. If you want a nice Mazda 3 you gotta spend $30k

30k? Search inventory gives grand touring s models with a manual for 25k

>used
>abused, worn interior, miles put on

Hey faggot, the iM goes for under $20k NEW with 0 miles. Your meme fwd sporty hatch isn't worth 5-6k more especially used

>And Scion needed one great car to save itself.
But that's the iA

>All standard shit you get in cars nowadays
>Bitching about "no features"

This isn't the 90's where shit like air conditioning and power windows aren't standard equipment. Anything the iM has over the base 3 is not worth losing sleep over, while the Mazda 3 has more power, greater fuel economy, and superior transmissions...you know, the important shit.

Why any idiot would by an iM when the iA is on the same lot for less money is the better question.

The iA is made in Mexico

It's also an ugly sedan versus a hatchback.

This, the iA is fucking ugly and disproportionate, especially with those awful 16 inch twin spoke wheels.

Mazda's are pretty fucking ugly, the only good looking ones are the new CX9 and the top of the line Mazda 6

>no down, $98/mo
wew lad, get better credit. Might take the plunge on leasing one of these, I doubt my mk4 will last long, sitting at 180k but the summer heat is killing it.