/blaz/ - BlazBlue General

Previous timeloop: Console Lobby password is always vidya
PC Lobby Naming Convention: /Blaz/ (Region) (East/West)

> NEWS
- Central Fiction out in Japanese arcades with Hibiki, Nine, Naoto, and Izanami playable.
- Console release will be in October 6th in Japan and in winter in the US/EU with Es and Mai playable.
- XBlaze Code Embryo, XBlaze Lost Memories and Chronophantasma Extend are available on Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/421610
store.steampowered.com/app/438940
store.steampowered.com/app/388750
- Blazblue Variable Heart, a new manga starring Mai, is currently being published.

> USEFUL LINKS
- Match Videos
pastebin.com/g3XuzXVj
- News, Guides, Combo Listings
dustloop.com/forums/
dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page
- Story Stuff
blazblue.wikia.com/wiki/BlazBlue_Wiki
- Player List
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PaARR543UOJHThsb4ly4Sr--0wj24yj1hoHpkEPmCjc/edit?pli=1#gid=0
- Steam/Skype Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/BlazBuru
- Other Media (Remix Heart, Bururaji, etc)
pastebin.com/CcR94DZE
- Blazblue Music
mega.nz/#!ERZFAZwJ!Os0KzK4EDU0kXl_f74sdkKO1gRlANjeHs5uGStIH0vg
mega.nz/#F!PQAmiDpY!yOAWI8ZfzJX99bLOR4r5XA
-DS3 Installation Information
github.com/nefarius/ScpToolkit/blob/master/README.md#installation-how-to

Other urls found in this thread:

boxdox-bb.dantarion.com/#/viewer/bbcp/rg/NmlAtk5B/25
dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/forums/topic/12098-cf-bullet-final-changelist/
youtu.be/cymUIsw7Ruk?t=14m19s
youtu.be/nV2veKtdBFo?t=3466
blazblue.wikia.com/wiki/History
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

That was quick.

I'm in love with Celica A Mercury.

third for Izzy!

Kokonoe, I'm NOL.

You guys like Mai?

Just got back from a ban

no

Awesome OP image you should make all the threads from now on.

Yes. I love her.

shit forgot to click

Rachelfags just as bad as Maifags

This image is missing Rachels armpits.

When is Black Onslaught user gonna put together our autism

>her

>Gii

>He wouldn't fuck Gii
Whats it like being a homo?

I want to be on the receiving end of a Celica Upper.

I mean... I'm no Maifag.... but this has kinda lost its comedic effect. Can we find something else to make fun of Mai with?

damn you celicafag.
where do you get your sprites

Bang is really cool!

Noel and Mai are literally the hottest characters in this franchise with Makoto taking the third slot, I wanna fuck them all.

literally everything is wrong in your post

I'm impressed

Mai is certainly one of the hottest, Noel isn't in the slightest however.

>Mai

So are they saving the Noel upskirt for the last frame of her astral finish in the last game?

BLACK HAWKUUU...

STINGA

I'm moving in with my brother. I don't know how I'm gonna play this game without him giving me weird looks.

Tell him you're gay and can't get aroused from the girls in BB.

I thought about playing Amane but I think my brother is a closet gay and I don't want him to start thinking that I'm gay.

Buy a poster for one of the BB girls and hang it in your room then

Posting script viewer again.
boxdox-bb.dantarion.com/#/viewer/bbcp/rg/NmlAtk5B/25

t. roura

Gee Mori when is Makoto gonna get something nice?

19years old? How you figure? Wasn't Mai 15 in Remix heart? If it's two years later she should be 17.

All official "game art" of her as well as her sprite suggest that while her hips are somewhat wide, her ass isn't all that big. It looks firm and muscular.

>At least Bang doesn't have large thigh windows and a visible ass crack.

The game sprites don't show any asscrack though -- so I guess we can just chalk the asscrack up to "artist interpretation"

You mean GOD -tier?

INFERNO

CRUSADAH

this is my gf. lets all say something nice about her! tsubaki is cute!

no real interest in himher

kind of a boring character with not much substance beyond "im really a guy"

Why the freaking hell did they make Bullet worse in CF?

>worse
She got nothing but buffs, it's just that she isn't strong enough to compete with the rest.

Looks like Amane's astral changes with your color
Neat

Oh, okay. Nothing but buffs but she's at the bottom of Fenrich's tier list. That's pretty bad.

Play Tsubaki

They didn't make her worse. They made her better. She's just still shit

she is also fun to play

I used to but not feeling her. I was just curious about Bullet.

Well hoping a balance patch comes out for her along with all the other characters that need it.

>She got nothing but buffs
that's not true

overall she's stronger, but there were a few nerfs here and there

They did nerf one thing, and that was being able to go into j.D from 5C I believe. Bullet mains complain that it means you have to drop offense and Afterburner to get Heat now. Thing is, 6B launches on normal hit, so you can still A-B-6B j.C j.D for Heat, it just means that if you land a stray non CH 5C (and they're not with their back to a corner or crouching) then 2C Afterburner is what you have to do.
It's a tradeoff for sure because (starting at non CH 5C on standing opponent) you can't probably rapid once for 2 Heat levels, and if you have a Heat level you have to do Cutting Shear -> 22[D] midscreen for damage. Is okay damage, but less combo routes.
Also, red lock lost invulnerability I think.
I'm not sure if you can 5C 3C 5D crouchers, maybe you can.

I don't even know who to play anymore. I'm nearly bored of the whole cast.

dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/forums/topic/12098-cf-bullet-final-changelist/

>go into j.D from 5C
I meant 5D from 5C

jubei is very cute

>No heat level loss on block or whiff
what the fuck

No invuln anymore silly. Only thing it's good for now is catching air shenanigans and resetting pressure on people who are asleep. Plus, j.D has awful range now to offset 5D's range increase (and startup is longer for 5D).
5[C] is gone so you can't reset that way either.

When are we getting that trailer we usually get where everybody on the roster has a line? Chronophantasma had the announcement trailer and the console release trailer, Central Fiction just has the very first trailer and even then, not everybody on the roster got a line there. It was just Ragna, Hibiki,Naoto, Jin,Noel,Rachel,Hazama,Azrael,Kokonoe,Tsubaki,Makoto and Nine at the very end.

If not afterburner then Cutting Shear just seems more if a staple now.

Bullet suffers from the exact same problems as Tsubaki. Both are characters who need to "build up" throughout the round to be truly effective. The tradeoff is that they have to sacrificice oki and pressure to do so. The problem is that ASW games are heavily reliant on those two things.

They also had a similar problem Labrys in Persona. Similar mechanic in that she has to build up, but she's exceptionally weak before Yellow Axe. Junpei also has this problem.

I don't know the solution, but this is an area they really need to work on. I understand the idea but have no solution. You want a character who is pretty weak by default but has the ability to become very strong. But for whatever reason it winds up where it's pretty easy to keep them from leveling up.

At least she's hot, right?

Tsubaki is extremely strong in CF though

jD has become an even better crossup tool, so that's something. It's faster and you don't really need range when you're doing an iad after a 5C

Izayoi works just fine.
Arakune and Tsubaki work just fine in CF.

Just give those characters the A.B.A. plan.

And Junpei is strong in P4U2 2.0, aka the arcades only version.
Izayoi is similar in that she needs to build stocks then change modes, and she's strong too.
They had the right idea in making Heat more accessible and harder to lose while keeping pressure, it's just that her damage and pressure is so ass without heat and since her powerup mechanic isn't as strong to balance out the changes, a lot of the round is still spent trying to recover heat.
I feel like IAD j.D is even more fraudulent as Bullet than doing it as Jin. But I haven't seen how much faster Bullet j.D is now in frames.

I haven't played CF, so I'm not going to weigh in. But Tsubaki has been pretty garbage with the exception of CS2. And in CS2, that whole charging thing was a non-issue. Drive cancelling was still extremely strong, and they buffed it by front loading the charge. 2 drive cancels would get you 1 full bar. 5B>2D, reset pressure. Do that twice and you have meter for 22D.

And I will say about the CF tier lists: she is still usually listed in that second tier (out of 4/5). They're usually not ordered within the tier. She is clearly one of the better characters, but "extremely strong" is kind of pushing it.

This is the strongest version of Tsubaki ever. I played Tsubaki in CPEX and she's fundamentally stronger in every single way. But Makoto is also stronger now and also easier to play.

That she is.

But yeah it's the same problem Jam had in Revelator. She has specials that get better when you charge up cards. But they they buffed her to make that easier and and make her do better damage without cards. She's also mobile as hell.

Anyone want to bully a new player on PC CPEX
I'm US midwest

Before with Tsubaki you could only combo 5B if it was close enough to gatling into 5C but now you can do it at max range. You can see here.
youtu.be/cymUIsw7Ruk?t=14m19s

Izayoi and Arakune are kind of exceptions though. In normal mode, Izayoi's BnB gives her 4 stocks. Half. And she has to sacrifice nothing for it. She's also rewarded for her zoning game. Almost right off the bat she can go into gain art.

Arakune is a similar situation. His gameplan doesn't involve you being right on top of them. Full screen isn't only okay, it's preferable. And even then, he's been fairly weak since CS.

Again, haven't played it. ASW seems fine with letting the game die on consoles. Nevertheless, Junpei was arguably the worst character in the game. Way too much work to just become competitive with the other characters.

Again, I really like the concept. But they have a pretty poor track record of making it work.

i don't really like to bully but i'll play

oh wait you said pc n/m im drunk

That's a CH. I don't main Tsubaki but I'm pretty sure you could always go into 6B on CH (or crouching)

6B was too slow before. But now it's faster so it combos on regular hit too. Same with 3C, before it only worked on counter hit but now it combos on regular hit.

Make sure you are practicing!

5C 6C works on crouchers for a heat combo, I didn't know
youtu.be/nV2veKtdBFo?t=3466
Bullet's command grab is fucking cool. Also, you get 3.8k and H2 back if you use it with opponent in the corner during H2.
>Bullet calls Tager a second rate soldier as a round win quote
That's cute as hell
I wonder if her and Kokonoe just picked it up from Tager and thought it'd be just as cool if they tried it.

That also looks to be part of her damage increase across the board. She wasn't even in AF and had no stocks; still broke 3k.

Add in the fact that charge cancelling is a thing again, new routes and I'm not surprised Tsubaki isn't bottom anymore.

should i buy a ps4 or a new graphics card

Does the old graphics card still work?

Mainly what she got is better normals she always had good damage in CPEX but because her normals were so bad it didn't matter much.

Making jC jump cancelable is also a big thing. Streamlined combos and the couple hundred extra damage is a good thing. Bullet's jC is severely underrated.

If you want to play Blazblue online? PS3. I really feel bad for that PC user a couple of posts up. Snag a PS3 for $100 off craigslist. PS4 if you're a big spender.

too self conscious over stupid shit

w-well she's got a nice tummy and armpits...

>tummy
but we hardly ever see that

and thus no navel licking fanartists are tempted to draw navel licking stuffs with her

you can get idea what its like with the izayoi art...

>and thus no navel licking fanartists are tempted to draw navel licking stuffs with her

inorite
she'd orgasm super hard from that shit like nobody's business due to her insane sharia law modesty

>change character after a win
shamefur

don't be surprised if i teabag lmao

Remember when you could dd after the round finished?

I miss those days. Bunch of pussies who can't handle the banter.

blazblue.wikia.com/wiki/History

Actually I think Mai is 18. According to this page, Noel, and by extension the other girls, started at the academy in 2196. The Japanese academic year is April 1st to Match 31st and the Academy functions like a Japanese school in a ton of things we've seen so I bet that applies to that too, especially since it's the only way for Noel leaving the Academy 6 months early in 2198 to make sense. If Mai was required to be 15 on April 1st to start high school, since her birthday is on April 4th, we can calculate that she's 18 in January 2200. If she was allowed to start school a year earlier, even though she technically wasn't 15 at the time, then she would be 17 at the time of the games.

As for Mai's ass, it seems fairly prominent to me. For example it curves out quite a bit in this image.

remember when people got stabbed and shot in arcades

oh wait no you don't cuz you never been in socal during the early 2000s

remember when spics stuck to kof instead of ruining meme tourneys like gg?

i miss those days

hey fuck you. im just trying to have fun

PS: Makoto was born on April 2nd, so I'm guessing she's just 2 days younger than Mai and also 18. Tsubaki was born on March 14th, so she'd have been allowed to start school when younger and be 17 at the time of the games.

that was never a thing

Pepperidge Farm remembers