Is the miata really the best bang for buck convertible roadster? What other options do I have in the <7k price range?

Is the miata really the best bang for buck convertible roadster? What other options do I have in the

Z3

z3's are overpriced as hell mate.

having said that don't buy a miata, they aren't as good as everyone says. I have a 99 and i want to get rid of it.

there are plenty of good cars in that price range if you let go of the need for it to be a roadster and rwd

get an integra type r
or e36 if you want rwd

Saturn Sky/Pontiac Solstice
Honda S2000
Nissan 350z convertible
Mercedes SLK/Chrysler Crossfire
Porsche Boxster
Audi TT
Honda Del Sol

And my personal favorite:
Foxbody Convertible

should've got an nb2 if you were gonna get a nb baka

ZZW30 MR2

a good nb2 was about 2k more then what i paid. plus i like the nb1 styling better and apparently i have slightly better power/weight (not that it would be noticeable)

I'm just over the sacrifices i have to make for it. if it was as good to drive as an e30 then i could accept them buts its not.

None of those are roadsters faggot

>

>there are plenty of good cars in that price range if you let go of the need for it to be a roadster and rwd

I never said they were you faggot

I thought I would include them anyway, Prices are variable depending on area and I don't know where OP is looking

They were good when they were cheap but now the price went fuck crazy. I got my runner for 1800

Large sedan and a sawzall

Is this the miata general in disguise?
Check muh miats

NEWFAG ALERT:
>wants roadster
>has penis
pick one

if you want a car thats fast and open top, graduate with the rest of the men to a cabriolet. 4-seat convertibles have big engines and are cheap.

i just got mine for 1k USD

>4 seat convertible
>men
Good one.

>having 2 more seats makes you more of a man

It's what happens when the boomers get ahold of something.

This
Wish i had bought one instead of a miata.
Sold the miata after a year and a half because it was so uncomfortable.

>
>z3's are overpriced as hell mate.
>
>having said that don't buy a miata, they aren't as good as everyone says. I have a 99 and i want to get rid of it.
>
>there are plenty of good cars in that price range if you let go of the need for it to be a roadster and rwd
>
>get an integra type r
>or e36 if you want rwd

Implying that an integra hype R isn't one of the most overpriced meme cars out there that you can park in public without the constant fear of it being stolen.

>boomers
>buying 20-year-old Mazdas

Were you born stupid or did you just wake up stupid today?

you're not finding a ITR for $7k unless its a shell or a replica, dumbass

a zzw30 is even more uncomfortable, lol.

z3s suck

its pretty much a e30 roadster with the drivetrain out of a e36/e46

>a zzw30 is even more uncomfortable, lol.
Not the one i drove. It just felt better

Insurance is cheaper. Car is cheaper, faster than a Miata. Luxury car.... You tell me who the man is.

>boomers
>not being the sole audience for a japanese revival of 1960s british sports cars since 1989 and people were paying over MSRP on waiting lists for 1990 miatas

i'll go with you're the one who was born stupid

why don't ZZW30's have roll hoops?

that's terrifying.

it's definitely the best for under 5k unless you get extremely lucky.
main problem is no cargo space in the mr-s. only reason i'm reluctant to get one

It probably has to do with a strong windscreen frame. If the windscreen is reinforced and tall enough to keep a 6'5" man from dying, why install a $4,000 60-70 lbs roll bar?

Not to mention it has a low center of gravity: if you roll it, the impact to make it roll killed you.

The xk8 also has no roll "hoops" and it tops out at 156mph

Jags are an electrical nightmare. Especially with that CATS system. And it's not even close to the reliability of a MX-5 or MR2.

That's where the manliness comes in, you take off your shirt, remove your Miata decaled tampon, and you fix whatever might go wrong.

SPITFIRE
P
I
T
F
I
R
E

Just get a fucking miata

>foxbody
>roadster

I have a penis but I wish that I had a vagina, but I own a Miata so it's cool.

I haven't tried the first gen, but I own the NB facelift and it's a very fun car. I don't find the body as stiff as I want it to be, and considering that the first gen is not as stiff I would probably not get one. Also it's only the NB facelift that comes with everything that you want: Torsen LSD, 6 speed transmission and a more powerful engine. People are very impressed by the handling and a friend of mine laughed over the fact that the car looks so nice and cute from the outside but is so brutal on the inside.

the newer xk did have, im sure its down to safety laws back then.

Main problem is snap oversteer.

based

i have a 1997 so i was referring to the x100 models but yeah the laws probaly had much to do with the lack of hoops

I think it's illegal to install a roll-bar on a car here in Sweden. They want me to get decapitated.