Who makes the best luxo wagon?

Who makes the best luxo wagon?

Lexus need not apply.

Co ro lla

thelastride

Ahahaha no. Quality wise it's a four door Corvette, and Corvettes are utterly cheap. All it does is pic related.

:^)

JAAAAAAAAAG

HNNNNNNNNG

Merc

Cadillac quality is far higher than Corvette quality. A big reason why the new Z06 was so unreliable was cost cutting. Cadillac doesn't have that problem.

Best is subjective, but...

Today? MB. E63 AMG.

Most driver oriented? BMW. 2010 535xi wagon w/ a few options, like HUD, sport package.

Though if you're outside of the US, 'specially in Europe, you have will much better options.

>he's serious

I don't usually like Audis but this.

Imagine how much more luxurious these cars would even be if the suspension didn't have to do the sidewall's job as well.

body roll and side wall flex are bad ya hear

Recently saw one of those in all black. Menacing as fuck.

Yep. They're wide as fuck too.
There were some reviews of it saying it was too powerful, kek.

That's funny seeing as how the old one had more power and more cylinders. Those things could make like 700+hp with minimal effort.

This lads. I don't know why Audi doesn't just go ahead and sell these here. Mercedes manages to sell 100+ E63 wagons here per year. It costs about 2.5 million to get a model crash tested. These go for what? $120k? They'd need to sell around 22 of them to break even. I'm sure they could do that given how glowing the reviews are.

Lexus should bring the IS SportCross back

Only if you speed like a maniac. Somehow up until the millennium tires had much more sidewall, but cars still didn't crash left and right.

It's suspected that the CT hatchback will be replaced with a hybrid wagon version of the IS since it would give a common vehicle that could find niches in both European and US markets.

god the rear was so fucking ugly

yea I don't get it either as far as I can recall
in the 1970s most cars were 80% later 70%
then in the late 1990s 60% became more of a thing
with only super high end cars getting anything below 50%
in part larger and larger disk brakes are to blame same thing with tire width
tires that were once on 180+ mph capable 300 to 600 hp cars with overkill chassis design are now being thrown on lazy shit boxes that never see 65 mph
and everyone shits themselves the moment traction is lost or the body rolls even an inch

/thread

RS6 and C63 AMG are cool, in the last 10 years though nothing is better than the CTS-V wagon, the residual value speaks for itself, a 5 year old one with 50k miles is still $50k.

>implying they have a profit margin of 120k$ per car

A V6 E-Class retails for $53,000 in the US with a per unit profit of 30%. This means a factory price of $37,000. An AMG E63 retails for $101,000 I doubt the shocks, sport ECU, sports seats, carbon fiber and tuned V8 cost Mercedes an extra $64,000. It's safe to assume that the AMG derivative makes at least a 30% profit. Probably more considering that Dodge & BMW manage to make near 40% profit on their performance models. That said it'd probably take double the amount of units sold as the previous comment stated but you also need to factor in that for the US market, Mercedes can write off the costs for testing the vehicle in tax returns.

>talking shit out of your arse

>per unit profit of 30%
Oh yeah, the factory profits 30% on each car? How much does the shipping company make? How about the dealership that sells it? Those margins are obviously completely unsustainable in a market with as much competition as automaking, no idea where you are coming up with these random numbers.

BMW E61 M5
Because naturally aspirated 507hp V10 and 6 speed manual

Saw a V90 rolling around in Stockholm few days ago. Now, I might be a snownigger but that thing looks absolutely gorgeous. Maybe not a drivers car, 4cyl and Auto only. Coming with 400 hp hybrid drivetrain this fall I think. But for a drivers car, and I'd you don't want to pay up to 100k, I'd say get a 5-series with the 6 cylinder

Profit margins for automakers currently are in the 2-3% range.

Stop talking shit out of your arse.

Damn, this new generation of Caddies are actually looking good for the dignitary role. First time in decades.

Unfortunately, the CT-h is most likely going to be replaced by this monstrosity which was originally the Scion C-HR.