>/dbt/ map
google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=z7CKLSFiJH_M.kMZoQpBOKipI

>Motorcycle Ergonomics Simulator
cycle-ergo.com/

>Noob? Read this:

>Webms with sound
>Previously on /dbt/

Post scenics

1st for making fun of a stupid fag that thinks new brake pads on a motorcycle means you can push it forward with the brake pressed.

KTM a shit

>tfw can't afford a KTM

Things I should definitely check before starting an old bike that hasn't been started for a while?

Honduh*

new gas. rubber on carbs has good seal. tires aren't cracked.

Why did they stop making turbo charged bikes?

Working MV tomorrow.

Or at least rideable. I -might- not have a tacho. We'll have to see once I replace the relay.

>inb4 hurr just check the wiring diagram
Nah, fuck you.

I don't know much about maintaining carburetors, know any good videos that will give me all the info I need on them?

So I may be getting a 2000 Yamaha R1 as a trade in soon.
I'm going to check out the bike later today.

Anything specific I should look out for?
How about mileage and timing chains and shit like that.
I can't ride yet so I won't be able to drive it.

>tomorrow
Fuck I meant to say Monday.

Nobody is fucking open on Saturdays or Sundays.

ill post a few of my better ones i guess

Because the novelty wore off when Turbo tennis shoes and vacuum cleaners arrived and Turbo shavers later.

Got some wd40 on my jeans, is not coming off is it?

Those jeans will just slide off now user.

Just use some WD40, it'll come right off.

Found my old laptop, except I can't remember the password. Fuck.

It's WD, not crude oil

lewd

There's not really much that goes into maintaining them. Look up how a side-draft or CV carb works and you'll get the general idea. Here's a diagram.

It's not the exact same but you should be able to figure out how it works if you actually tear into them. Just remember:

Flooding out generally means your floats died. They're plastic and since ethanol is in all gasolene now they get eaten away over time. They're like $15 to replace.

Running lean usually means gummed up jets (holes from the fuel bowl into the little tube that runs into the engine). This can usually be fixed by draining the float bowls (there's usually drain plugs on them) and spraying them with carb cleaner until the bowls are roughly half full. Then just prime the fuel system again and run it until it stops running like shit.

That should fix virtually all carb issues. If none of those work then you need to actually tune the fuckers. This can entail a multitude of things:

>Float height adjustment.
You'll need a tool to measure this. Every shop manual tells you the procedure.

>Idle A/F screw adjustment
These are usually covered up by little caps with a hole in them. Drill them out and put a wood screw in, then grab screw with pliers and pull out the cap.

Turning the screw out richens A/F mixture at idle, turning screw in leans out A/F mixture.

>Carb sync
This consists of you setting up the carbs so that all the butterfly valves open at the same time on every cylinder.

There's two ways to do this. You can either use vacuum gauges (there's a million different ways to get these. You can buy a $900 set of testers or make your own), or you can do like I do in my half-assed garage mechanic way and bench sync them, which basically consists of using something like a feeler gauge and setting them up so they all open the same.

Congrats, you're now a carb wizard.

Sexy user, reminds me of home. Can't wait until exams are over and I can go back.

Cheers mate.

>forgot pic

Also, make sure the rubber pieces that connect the carb to the airbox and the engine aren't cracked or leaking air. If they are then your A/F mixture will be thrown off, your fuel will not feed correctly if it uses a vacuum-fed petcock, and your fueling will be atrocious because it'll fuck up the air velocity in the venturis.

If you have trouble getting the rubber tubes back on (as expected, they're a bitch), I suggest the same thing I use to put my dick into your mom's ass: Vaseline.

KY Jelly also works since it's meant for use with sex toys and thus won't fuck up the rubber.

that's your cologne now

>If you want one then import a CBR250RR from Japan or Australia
I'd love to do that, but the only information I can find about importing is "lol it's hard and expensive." Surely there are people who know the legal framework who can wade through the bureaucracy properly and reasonably quickly.

I see old 250RRs for sale in places like ausfalia and NZ for hilariously cheap. Like 2000 USD cheap. I've already got that in my 300R as it is. Some ZX2Rs are kicking around too, it seems.

I don't know why I'm so in love with the idea of a tiny, tiny I4. The sound they make is just fucking gorgeous. Will the NTSA even allow these to be imported? Where do I start?

Fuck mobile

I do like the hills around here, something comforting about them.

Thanks anom. Apparently the carb is a Keihin CVK34. I'm just researching them now

Make sure you get the workshop manual for your bike. It makes it so pretty much any retard can go through and fix the shit, especially if it's carbed.

Without it I would have no fucking clue what I'm doing with mine.
>mfw trying to find relays

when is the Northeast USA meet up?

>new battery
>now the spark plugs spark
>try to start it
>nope
>probably timing is off
>try a few times
>suddently ignition doesn't stop
>just keeps turning
>it's fuking draining my new battery
>engage safety switch
>nope
>turn key off
>nope
>PANIC
>had to unscrew the battery to make it stop

Wat fuk.

when you gonna learn that things a damned lemon?

Well at least I'm not the only person having electrical issues.

>pls work tacho I love you I really want you to work with the new relay

I could actually probably half-ass it and swap the highbeam relay into the fan relay slot.

Bike got possed by the skid demon.

I have a question for hopeful gurus of Veeky Forums.

I've taken a course on biking, and I have a few friends with many years experience riding.I've heard some contradictions about something;
Which way do you point the handlebars when you're leaving your bike.

Course said all the way left, and yank the bike back to ensure stand is down. Supposedly making the bike as low as possible, and spreading weight out as even as possible.
Also been told that you should point slightly right cause bike is most stable when upright.
I understand that on certain inclines, you should not point bars downhill. I'm uncertain about this all now.

so tl;dr,
which way do you point handlebars when you're leaving your bike?

Whichever the fuck you want. It really doesn't make a difference. If the kickstand is going down the kickstand is going down. Bar position isn't gonna do shit to save it.

On my bike it doesn't really matter. Straight or to the left depending on the spot. Never to the right though unless it's in the garage and I need to get by it in a tight spot.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Honda

Alaska here.

What did you do tonight /daily blog thread/?

>go to bar to see friend's band
>Tinder girl invites me to bar across the street
>go across street
>she's being boring
>run into hot coworker
>find out while flirting with her that she's there with her side dude
>play pool with side dude
>she keeps flirting with me, adds me on snapchat, wants to hang out
>be confused
>go home

Which one of us is getting cucked I can't tell anymore...

Is it safe to ride with an open jacket? I mean I have the lockdown waist buckle locks or whatever so I should be good right?

It's always you m8.

>it's trying to turn itself on even with the keys unplugged

Fuck this spoopy shit.

Haven't you been on Veeky Forums long enough to know? _Everybody's_ getting cucked.

Yep unless you crash. If you crash you are ever so slightly more likely to get bruises or road rash

It wants to be free...

If it's 25+ years old its just a bit of paperwork and whatever fees which is easy enough. 15 years if you're a canuck. You'll probably have to ensure it has correct emissions equipment for equivalent release date and you'll have to swap out the gauges.

The biggest hurdle is actually shipping it here, because it's expensive as fuck. Cars are around 5k~ish minimum to ship, so motorcycles may or may not be cheaper depending on the importer. Insuring it might be a pain in the ass as well, so keep that in mind.

ah shit w/e not worth it then

>Tfw can't bairdpost

Bikes are a lot cheaper to ship. It's actually the cheaper part of importing a bike into Japan.

Flat, desolate Kansas.

>play pool with side dude
sounds like you want a piece of that meat

I didn't know if shipping companies would try to cuck you into paying more per 'motorized vehicle' or they would give you a break because of size

Into or out of?

>Automatic

Ayy lmao!! piece of shit cuckold bike!

Into. Japan has some pretty crazy bullshit to get a bike actually approved for road use. Like you either need to get the manufacturer to produce a certificate stating the brakes work or pay the government to test them.

I ride with an artificial leg, and 2 gears instead of 5 means less lost legs.

But yeah it's a piece of shit and has no pick up. I miss real bikes.

Im just memeing lad.

Am I allowed to get a cruiser as my first bike????? Am I allowed to like cruisers?

>asking the asshole of the internet what you're allowed to like

>yes

>no

There you go user

Fuck off cruisercuck

Cruiserfags not welcomed.

>scraped pegs for the first time today
H E K T I K

>Homo Cruiser fuccboi
Ayy lmao

>like cruisers
hahahhaha you fuckin homo.

>afraid to scrap pegs because it looks like the aftermarket engine protection frame will hit the road first

elliott pls go

>not scraping engine protection

You shouldn't do that user, it's ~dangerous~.

sodium percarbonate

what do you do today anons
I managed to get old mate across running and took it for a twist

I got a 12 Hour magic madness m..aturday at [spoiler] my job[/spoiler]

snec

Is that you, hopalong cassidy

SAVAGE

I likey your bikey.

I'll add the people who sent me a mail to the map today.
if you also want on the map, send me a mail. instructions are on the MAP SITE, link is in the OP.

dude this bike is fucking you since years now, isnt it? nothing ever works.
i always said, dont sell it, fix it, its such a nice bike. but you know... maybe its time to just let go.

that's stuff out of a nightmare

>tfw have monays for a nice new bike
>tfw afraid of getting shrekt with a literpeter
>tfw worried i'd look like bike would be wasted on an average rider like me

Picked my bike up from getting an oil change then went downtown because there was a huge concert and then hung out with some friends+raced some cars

is that in north/west yugo?
my best guess is croatia or slovenia

its in northern slovenia, yes

what gave it away, the placenames or the placenames?

the language actually

I did that, and soon as I can I plan to trade it in for a street bike or dual sport. Would not recommend. Gets pretty boring fast.

Bought this yesterday for 1120 mountain shekels. NTV 650. Gud deal? It's my first bike.

Not bad, looks clean enough. Enjoy your bike.

Does deebeetee like my bike?
Shit quality photo tho
Sorry for drinkposting

Mountain shekels?

Yea it has a whopping 9500km or something on it. Some scratches but nothing major.
Tbh I bought it without checking it out in person because it was an online auction but the owner said the only thing that ever happened to it was being dropped twice. For 1000 bucks I figured not much could go wrong
Swiss Francs. Basically at parity with the US Dollar these days.

What the fuck is going on with that rear end?

Nah man should be solid enough, the NTV650 is renowned for its reliability so I wouldn't be too bothered. For that price there are bound to be some kinds of cosmetic problems, but I doubt you care. Great handling all round too, generally good all rounder.

Well purchased friendulon.