/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

Previous thread: >Patch 1.09 Info
jp.playstation.com/op/bloodborne/news/2015/12/update109.html

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/
Official PvP Chalice: hizzngr3 (Pthumeru Root)
/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

AHH

Mergo is the one who made Mensis the way it is, dawg. A misshapen stillbirth of a Great One with a rotten brain, I doubt it's conscious enough to beckon the moon. Mergo has to be at least as old as Mensis to have warped him, in addition. And they refer to Mergo CONSTANTLY throughout the story, as far back as the time of the Pthumerians. Its birth, in fact, is what caused their society to collapse, and for Yharnam to grow in its place. It's clearly been around for a much longer time than its appearance as a newborn would suggest.

Kosm > Kos

Byrgenwerth is intense, famalam.

The Brain of Mensis and Mergo aren't the same, though. Mensis may have made contact with Mergo which fried them, but it's a baby, those are Mergo's cries.

>as far back as the time of the Pthumerians

Source? I honestly don't remember this.

The School of Mensis made contact with Mergo, and it resulted in a stillbirth of their brains. They became the Brain of Mensis as a result. This is written in one of the Cord descriptions. Now, Mergo is in the form of a baby with human cries, but he was around in the time of the school of Mensis. Mensis is fucking gone in the Hunter's time, with nothing left. And Micolash's body had mummified in the time he's been in Mergo's dream. Mergo should not be a newborn still, because he's been around for a fucking long-ass time. Mergo is in the form of a baby, for some reason, and it has its own plans and machinations. He's not just an infant Great One.

>Source? I honestly don't remember this.

Its father is Oedon, and its mother is the Pthumerian queen.

What the fuck kind of baby has dreams full of Nightmare Apostles anyway

Just found the original of this, apparently someone dreamed that Micolash had a 'final form' and was turning into a Great One and kept talking, but got eaten by another Great One mid-sentence.

Are each of those tiny ayys in the upper cathedral ward baby Ebrietas-es?
Anatomically they look just like her in infant form, face and the wings on the lower body especially.
Could it be that the choir was using her DNA to breed more of her? So they would have a huge supply of her healing blood and arcane resources?
Maybe thats why Ariana gave birth to one as well.
She's presumably in the red light district and you find church gear there. Maybe the church was impregnating all the whores as a quick way to breed more of them.

She seems pretty down in the dumps. This would help facilitate a more reliable, renewable source of stuff for them.

They're in the orphanage. They look like children baby Great Ones. The Church was taking in orphans.

What do you think, user?

>He's not just an infant Great One.
you're acting like Great One's age at the same rate as Humans do, for all we know despite being first incarnated through Queen Yharnam, Mergo might not have aged a day since then(especially since Mergo doesn't seem to have a body, and I lean towards the idea that Oedon is unique in terms of being a fully formed Old One that has no proper form, Queen Yharnam, Queen Annalise, and even Arianna are all intentional or unintentional in Arianna's case attempts to birth a body for Mergo or another disembodied Infant Great One in my opinion)

that would have been neat

You're assuming Great Ones are ever babies. The Orphan of Kos crawled out of that slut fully grown and ready to beat ass. I lean towards Mergo having assumed a baby-like for whatever reason, but just like every Great One he has his own agenda. He cries in the voice of a human, as well, like he's trying to get attention. And he cries constantly, maddeningly echoing throughout everyone's heads. He's more sinister than a legitimate newborn would be, or so I've taken it that way. Not to mention merely making contact with him fucking destroyed the brains of the School of Mensis's scholars, which is a unique result. Gehrman made contact and was imprisoned, Micolash made contact and became a crazy asshole, and Patches made contact and was turned into a spider because Amygdalas are fucked up. But that's nothing like outright mind destruction like Mergo pulled.

>A fully formed Old One

Found the Demon's Souls player

Alright, I've never bothered to ask but it's been eating away at me since launch.

What the actual fuck is the significance of the wet nurse's theme being the same tune as Gascoigne's music box?

One of the things I appreciate most about BB is the boss fights go on a while.
Even if you've upgraded shit as much as you can prior to fighting said boss, you still have to wear it down.

In the other Souls games if I want fun bosses I feel like I have to purposely gimp my character so I don't chunk one fifth of its health per swing.

When people say savescum do they mean use something similar to darksoulsremake

No, they mean something similar to a usb stick

I don't understand

I know you don't
And it's okay
No one's perfect

____________________________________________:(__________________

No idea what that is. Savescumming refers to getting to a point just before something with a % chance to reward you is about to happen (most commonly Boss fight thet has a chance drop optimal gems), then quiting the game, backing up your save to a USB, then going in and rolling the chance (eg killing the boss), if you get what you wanted just keep playing, if you did not then you exit the game, restore your savefile from the USB and try again.

Technically you could use this method to create a Skyrim style save system, but it's far quicker just to run back when you die. The only time it's really nesisary is farming Layer 3 Chalice Bosses, since if you don't get what you want you have to run 3 whole layers again for another shot, so quitting/restarting the game is much more attractive.

Makes sense

Night Hemwick>Day Hemwick

Man, the Pthumerian Descendant would be so gay and hard if I wasn't so overleveled. When is it recommended to fight him?

>The Orphan of Kos crawled out of that slut fully grown and ready to beat ass
I figured that had more to do with the circumstances of it's "birth" than anything(and I figure the Orphan isn't even alive in the proper sense but more an echo of it in the Nightmare, much like how Micolash is dead in the waking world but is still around in the nightmare)

never played Demon's Souls actually(only previous Souls game before BB was the first Dark Souls, and I never made it past the Undead Parish there), just got my Lovecraft and BB terminologies mixed up is all

Is there an infographic for Chalice Dungeons? I don't know what I'm doing here.

someone posted one in the last thread

Anyone has some nice artwork on of Holy Moonlight Sword?

many > one

>Considering picking up a PS4 after the Neo was announced.
>See Gehrman while looking at stuff to pick up.
>"Why is he so damn familiar."
>Someone mentions killer7 months later in an unrelated thread.
>...FUCK.

How annoying is the grind for Kos Parasite gems? I've heard horror stories about it, but ayy mode looks like so much fun. Is it worth it?

Uncanny Kos Parasite (Radial, Radial, Triangle) will have to either farm Pthumerian Elder for Cold Abyssal Radials or Bone Ash Hunter Arcane Radials.

Pthumerian Elder is easy, Bone Ash Hunters are not. The best setup is two Bone Ash Hunter Arcane Radials and an Arcane Triangle from Watchers but some settle with at least one Elder Cold Abyssal. Bone Ash Hunters also have a hard time dropping the right gem.

Alternatively you could farm Brainsuckers for Arc%+ flat Arc but those make everything besides the multi-hit Ayysplosion weaker.

In Centeral Pthumuru? It seems balanced around the same as Forbidden Woods. But I usually get it out of the way as soon as I can.

Don't worry though, you'll fight him again and I garuntee you won't feel overleveled next time.

>reach Vilebros 150
>somehow lose motivation to go on
Brehs.

DED GAME

>summoned in a root chalice
>"Pthumerian Elder"
>it's actually the Descendant
Why did they never fix this bullshit?

bump

It's another
>all the invaded hunters are terrible and deliver no real fight
episode.

Alfred seems like a real guy. The kind you'd want to sit down and have a drink with, just talk about bullshit and have a good time.

>no cute wolf reindeer gf to do cute stuff with
Why live

She's a wendigo

Remove beast

This brings an interesting point to mind. Are beasts sentient? The beggar is conscious enough to reason with the player, but unable to prevent his base urges to consume human flesh. He even rationalizes it to himself, though he seems to acknowledge the truth of his beastliness just before he dies. So how aware are beasts, really?

Where's the good place to farm Blood Stone Chunk?

Chalices. Grinding gems from FRC chalices will get you all the chunks you could ever ask for and insight to buy more, plus the like 100000 echoes per boss kill and the chance to get gems you need.

Barring that, the blue-eyed werewolves in Upper Cathedral Ward have a chance to drop chunks, and it's pretty slim, but it's the best way to grind them out outside of chalice dungeons.

But most of the chunk from FRC Dungeon that I can get is from Bosses.

Should I must level up my Arcane? I'm more STR and SKL built right now.

Anyone farming gems in FRC in need of co-op? Or wants to farm gems?
I've got a pthemuru elder and Isz Amygdala set up

>notice I've been always playing BB on default audio settings
>up the sound effects and music from 5 to 7
>fight a boss
>mfw

All this time, I've been playing the game wrong.

Exactly. You grind gems from bosses, who can also drop chunks. If you have high arc you'll get a chunk or two almost every time, if you don't just slap on an Eye rune and you're at about the same drop rate.

As for your build, it really all depends on what you want out of it. What level you're planning on stopping at, what you already have put together, what weapons you plan to use most, that kind of thing.

I'd be down to farm some gems. I have an Ihyll Rom setup as well if you want to farm there too.

Sure, which would you prefer to do?

When you're scumming gems with PSplus, is it possible to cock things up and lose your save entirely?

Want to start with Rom? I was farming her all last night and getting shafted so I kind of just want to get that over with

Is it weird that Isz Dungeon is a lot far more easier than Loran? Hell, I rather take on Rom, Amy, Celestial Emissary, and Ebrietas all day than those Beasts.

Pass: pose? :^)

Poise*

Kek yep were you helping me last night by any chance? I'll be ringing by the boss door, just give me a second to fire up the bloodborne machine

>scumming gems with PSplus
Isn't that just cloud backup instead of USB key one?
Worst you can do is fuck it up yourself and do a restore instead of backup overwriting your current save with some older backup.

Gregor, trying to steal my spot

Snooze into lose is a true combo.

How was your luck today?

HP gradually depletes curse...

I'll be backing up with the cloud then ringing by the door again if you guys are still down to farm.

Sure

Fuck yeah I finally got the gem I'd been hoping for, I hope you guys were equally lucky.

Not really a bad one for HMLS, but I think I'd prefer +15 phys.
What did you guys get?

You two up for Pthumarian elder for some cold abyssals?

I got garbage both times running. Rom has staunchly refused to give me anything good for a long time now.

What was it?

I'm ringing at kkvk8gsj for Pthumerian elder if you two are up for it, same pass: poise

attack up +18.9%, phys attack +15
down vs. beasts

I think she could potentially drop a 19.5% attack up but I'm not sure how rare that is.

19.5% is really the only reason to fight Rom, you can get 19.3% from gargoyle mobs in chalice dungeons.

Damn, so I guess it's worth it to keep farming her then?

Depends how anal you are about your AR

To be honest, I'm fine with this drop for now. I'm down to help with Elder and move on from Rom for the time being.

Alright, just getting my save back. solo'd him and got a garbage +35 scaling gem

dump it a regular 27.2% is stronger

How so?

+35 scaling again

Will PS4 Slim be good enough for Bloodborne?

no

How's +65 arcane scaling for the moonlight sword?

I'm getting it for a fire whirligig, should be decent. Can also swap it out for a bolt weapon when fighting Rom

?? Theres a slim version of the PS4?

Sen, do you want to try Amygdala for nourishing triangles for a bit?

Sure, I'm down to farm Amy. Pass still poise?

why

Sure

because only original authentic Japanese PS4 folded over 1 million times is able to withstand the glory that is Bloodborne

There's nothing more horrific than a hunt. In case you've failed to realize...
The things you hunt, they're not beasts. They're people.

just that its a tune used for children. helps set the mood that the baby great one youre finding is LITERALLY just a little baby.

you could also infer that maybe the wet nurse playing the tune for mergo is how the people of yarnham heard the tune originally or something.

Attack +20%
Looking for 21.5%

Yeah I actually got the same. I'll be searching at the SRRC for whenever you're ready

I thought about this a lot, especially during my first playthrough. Look at the beasts in Old Yharnam. Specifically the ones in the church. They are holding a service, probably similarly to what they did before the scourge, and trying to maintain the semblance of normal life that they had before. Really makes you think.

Is this guy the perfect life action representation of Djura? Post others for a Bloodborne the movie

>Ahh, Kos, or some say Kosm... Do you hear our prayers

Arc scaling +50, damn

Do Eye runes make a difference with gem quality from bosses? Or does it only affect drop chance?