How bad did I fuck up Veeky Forums?

How bad did I fuck up Veeky Forums?
>2001 eclipse 4 cyl

why did you do that to yourself

I don't trust most oil change place to do the job correctly and do The methods I would like to see be done.

Also save 20 bucks to do a 10 minute job.

no I mean why the fuck did you buy a 2001 eclipse

eclipse 4 cyl
>fwd
why

>5qts of 0w-20
>1qt of 5w-30

Wow.

Bought it with 65K miles with a new clutch and no problems for $2500 USD. It's my daily

Yep I fucked up bad. Woke up to damn early.

I can use 5w30 in my mom's car when she needs a oil change.

does the 4 cyl even need 5 quarts??

It needs 6.9 quarts.

why didn't you buy 6.9 quarts then?

Bruh, just do another change with the correct oil, drive it around a bit, and change it again to make sure all residual 0W20 is gone.

I know i'll get pricey, but you fugged up, so you gotta do it.

There's no way it needs 6.9 qt

From the few sites I could find info on the 4G64 it looks like the COOLING SYSTEM holds 6.9 quarts. When you change the oil + filter it should be 4.5-5 quarts depending on year.

OP here, I just drained the oil about to head back to uh-ohzone and exchange the 5 qt of 0w20 for 5w30

OP here, just learned how to breathe. Will report back in with progress.

Who said that? Who the fuck said that? Who's the slimy little communist shit twinkle-toed cocksucker down here, who just signed his own death warrant?

>How bad did I fuck up Veeky Forums?
For synthetic oil change and filter, Jiffylube charges about $104 (after tax, hazardous waste disposal fee, shop fee). They will also try hard to upsell you an air filter or other things. I check my air filter and wipers before I go so I know their condition. There's been too many stories of someone at jiffylub rubbing an oily rag on the air filter to then wave it in front of the customer "you need a new air filter, see yours is dirty". Capitalism is great, but not when it rewards dishonest people with monthly reward bonuses for meeting upselling sales goals or contests.

Lol 104$ at jiffy lube
49.88 for Pennzoil platinum or mobile 1 synthetic or castrol syntec at Walmart and they don't upsell you shit

>Lol 104$ at jiffy lube
>49.88 for Pennzoil platinum or mobile 1 synthetic or castrol syntec at Walmart and they don't upsell you shit

Just last week, my local wal-mart had a sale on synthetic oil/filter change. They negotiated hard and drove the bulk oil price down and passed the savings on with a $44.97 special. Even inside the store, the 5quart jub of mobile 1 synthetic is 22.97 each. A huge savings over buying individual bottles. At the oil/filter change center, I was told the synth OFC included:
1. Choice of full synth oil (not a blend) from mobil 1, castrol, or pennzoil
2. Fram ExtraGuard oil filter
3. Pit Stop service (vacuum, clean windows, add fluid, etc).

I made two special requests which they accomodated: change to Fram ToughGuard and change to Quaker State Ultra Durability Full Synthetic oil. One of the techs ran inside the main wal-mart store to get those because they were non-standard items. The cost adjustment was very small and there was no "upsell profit margin boost" added on as would happen at jiffylube. After tax and expected shop fee, it was about $60. That's a pleasing price. Certainly more expensive than doing it yourself at home with your equipment as that is $24+tax for the 5quart jug and $8+tax for the Fram Toughguard at wal-mart (~$35), but they dealt with the mess of the change, disposal of the used oil, and I don't have sturdy ramps at home. So, $60 for FramTG + QStateUDFS or $35 at home.

It's a bit sad, but all the Jiffylubes I pass by are always full of cars. There's one cleverly located next to Costco and its Costco gas station and that jiffylube is a blaze of activity probably because its manager is cracking the whip for maxspeed as its location means every bay is open with infinite customers available as long as costco remains open. The costco customers are well dressed so are probably good upsell victims too as they can pay for it.

Sometimes... I just want to pay a kid 20 bucks to go under my car and throw away my old oil for me when it's 90 degrees out ya know.

Fram a shit