In the used car market

Why aren't you looking at the R32? It's literally better than the clownshoe Z3M.

It sounds amazing

It has Quattro

6 speed

Nice interior

Best looking golf ever

Prices are low enough now that they're affordable and they will hold their value

Not too much power so you don't look like a stupid Subaru owner child. But you can modify it to get respectable numbers but it'll never be a rocket like an sti but that's what's good about it. You flog it and have more fun at wot. Especially with that vr6 sound (yes I know what vr6 is. It's not a v6)

Nothing else like it on the road

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_Golf_Mk4
youtube.com/watch?v=nWjYBJMBE9Q
youtube.com/watch?v=muyWxC2HrjQ
caranddriver.com/reviews/2006-volkswagen-r32-first-drive-review
roadandtrack.com/new-cars/road-tests/reviews/a13572/2008-volkswagen-r32/
caranddriver.com/features/the-quickest-cars-of-2007-20000-to-25000-second-place-2007-toyota-camry-v-6-page-1
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Not too much power so you don't look like a stupid Subaru owner child.

Golfs have a much worse stigma around them you retarded burgerclap.
Also, any Golf after MK2 is an unreliable shitheap.

FF IS FOR SHITTERS

>It's literally better than the clownshoe Z3M.

Except much too heavy and looks - duh - like a Golf.

Op do you own one? Post a picture of your own golf.

>Front biased AWD = FWD

>sounds amazing
>V6
pick one

>nice interior
>VW
pick one

AWD, faggot.

>It has Quattro
No it doesn't. Real Quattro isn't transverse.

proof?
>muh sound
>muh interior
Are you a car enthusiast or not

Fuck off Corey

>muh performance

are you a benchracer or what?

>R32
>is an ugly hatchback and not the japanese sportscar
wtf is this shit?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_Golf_Mk4

>In 2002, Volkswagen produced the Golf R32 in Europe as a 2003 model year. It was the World's first production car with a dual-clutch gearbox (DSG) — available for the German market.[6] Due to unexpected popularity, Volkswagen decided to sell the car in the United States and Australia as the 2004 model year Volkswagen R32. Billed as the pinnacle of the Golf IV platform, the R32 included every performance, safety, and luxury feature Volkswagen had to offer, including the all new 3.2 litre 24-valve VR6 engine (ID codes: BFH/BML), which produced a rated motive power output of 177 kilowatts (241 PS; 237 hp), and 236 lb·ft (320 N·m) of torque. Further additions included Haldex Traction-based 4motion on-demand four-wheel drive system, a new six-speed manual transmission, independent rear suspension, Climatronic automatic climate control, sport seats from König with R32 logos, 18" OZ Aristo alloy wheels (Ronal produced the wheels towards the end of production), Electronic Stability Programme, larger 334 mm (13.1 in) disc brakes with gloss blue painted calipers, sunroof (for the US), and model-specific bodywork additions.

>inb4 wikipedia is not a real source

how obnoxious do you have to be to care about interior or sound
fucking ricers with fartcans

if it sounds like shit and has a playskool interior I dont care if its faster than a F1 around a track and gets 100mpg

I wont like it because Im not a benchracer

>i dont care about the pleasure of driving for the sake of it
OK man. I think this may be the wrong board for you. I know i've talked to you about this before, I know you're here because you're trapped on Veeky Forums and "enjoy" cars, but you're really in the wrong place, not even trying to meme here

>My discomfort doesn't matter or affect my driving experience!
>That's why I DD a GT3 car, anything else is for pussies
You can have a fast car but if you can't enjoy it while you're not going fast then it's not a good car.

>being this much of a tryhard

Your shitty golf isn't and won't be a racecar you retard.
Interior and sound are very important in cars.

yeah

I know Veeky Forums is for benchracers with no cars but some of us have them and like to post from time to time

Im sure you understand

FAKE AND GAY
A
K
E

A
N
D

G
A
Y

>good looking golf
>Ever
At least the Subaru's are pleasing to the eye, other than being Chinese cracker jack parts, but VW isn't much better in that department

>>sounds amazing
>>V6
>pick one
I want to like you, but you say the dumbest shit sometimes.

He's never heard a vr6 lmao. He thinks it sounds like a regular v6? Lmao. Get cultured and education.

Because

>$12-16k used for a fat MKIV with only 240hp when I can get a actual sports car for that amount like a E46 M3/S2K/FRS

>FRS
>actual sports car

>Quattro

Does it really? I was under the impression it was VW developed front biased trash.

>paying $16k for a 13 year old Volkswagen that's just as slow and not as fun to drive over a 2-3 year old Toyota

That's how much I dislike MKIVs

It's not Quattro. It's Haldex FWD biased bullshit AWD.

Why wouldn't it have Quattro. Lambo has Quattro. Why wouldn't the r32. It seems like Audi shares their Quattro with everybody it owns.

It's just called 4motion but it's really Quattro.

I don't get you guys. You love older Audis with Quattro with about the same power from inline five turbo but you got no love for this.

Quattro, as in rally-developed Quattro, was all mechanical torsen fulltime AWD.
Haldex, on the other hand, is FWD until it detects slip from the front wheels, so it feels like FWD and behaves like it right up until that point.

It uses Haldex not Torsen so no its not Quattro

Because it's fat, expensive to mod, expensive for what you get, has a primitive AWD system, and its based off of one of the worst VWs ever made. And it's fat and slow.

If you're going to deal with bullshit Volkswagen problems, at least get a B5 S4. It's just as fat but cheaper and better to mod, nicer inside too.

>Unreliable shitheap
absolutely correct, had to help a friend fix his vr6 yesterday after his master cylinder went for the 3rd time

But muh Golf is basically the same as a Group B rally car

Post proof. I don't believe this

>>Haldex Traction-based on-demand four-wheel drive system

Post more proof. I'm a millennial I need video proof.

youtube.com/watch?v=nWjYBJMBE9Q

Well guess what, I've got you covered.

Good enough for me!
youtube.com/watch?v=muyWxC2HrjQ

Miatas aren't sports cars user

What's are sports cars?

>obscure engine and 4WD stuffed in a compact FF econobox
>no parts
>expensive parts
>VW reliability
>ugly
>nose heavy

Fuck off fag I'm not getting one so you can get it cheaper

> shit engine
> pseudo 4wd is the most el-cheapo possible and it's also a mess
> shit weight distribution
> shit power distribution
> vag
> after ten years vag stops doing parts for older model so you're left with white label parts at the price the jews want
> vag

what else?

> only way to do doughnouts whithout fucking up everything is on snow or gravel

Yay, fun car. Not.

Why don't you people even know what the VR6 is FFS

Hate on the car all you want, and believe me I do, but the VR6 is universally considered to sound great, and made decent power for its time.

>VW fangirls face when an R32 is slower in the 1/4mi than a V6 camry of the same model year

>better than the clownshoe Z3M.
>slower
>uglier
>worse handling
>worse platform for mods

BTFO!

>Clownshoe: 315 hp, 3130 lbs
>R32: 240 hp, 3400 lbs

In what way is the VAG better?

>Why aren't you looking at the R32? It's literally better than the clownshoe Z3M.
The Z3M is faster, handles better and even uses less fuel
>It sounds amazing
Only if you're in a country where everyone drives a 4-cylinder diesel
>It has Quattro
It has Haldex.
>6 speed
Am I in 1995?
>Nice interior
German plastic is no better than any other kind of plastic
>Best looking golf ever
Second worst, better than the Mk3 Golf
>Prices are low enough now that they're affordable and they will hold their value
Cheap because they require expensive, regular repairs.
>Not too much power so you don't look like a stupid Subaru owner child. But you can modify it to get respectable numbers but it'll never be a rocket like an sti but that's what's good about it. You flog it and have more fun at wot. Especially with that vr6 sound (yes I know what vr6 is. It's not a v6)
Being slower than a Subaru is not a plus point and the V-Dub image is the worst.
>Nothing else like it on the road
Except other Golfs

indeed

2006:
caranddriver.com/reviews/2006-volkswagen-r32-first-drive-review
>3,600lbs
>250bhp
>0-60 5.8
>14.5s

2008:
roadandtrack.com/new-cars/road-tests/reviews/a13572/2008-volkswagen-r32/
>3,720lbs
>250bhp
>0-60 6.0
>14.6s @95mph

2007 Camry:
caranddriver.com/features/the-quickest-cars-of-2007-20000-to-25000-second-place-2007-toyota-camry-v-6-page-1
>3,528lbs
>268bhp
>0-60 6.1
>14.3 @99mph

Blow the FUCK OUT by the epitome of the boring transportation device.

Keep in mind it's a vehicle developed for the yurocuck market, anything over 2.0l or with more than 4 cylinders is considered "fast" there.

Not quattro, it's haldex awd. Fwd biased

The r32 is meant to be tracked... I understand what you're getting at but don't compare apples to oranges

You can't even argue that as the cause, because the new Golf R is respectably fast. The fact of the matter is that 1990s-200X VW is shit in every single way bar none, worthless fucking garbage, german chrysler. VW started to get their act together in the 201X and are finally producing something interesting; the Golf R

Does it have a manual FR V8 (or any 8-cylinder variant)?

If not, no. Just no.

Rust. You forgot rust under body panels.
Mk III VR6 thou.
No, it is considered expensive, because taxes and insurance are getting crazy here, mostly because main EU players want to kill petrol powered cars by 2030.

So that makes the Passat B5 acceptable?

Why not Phaeton?

Even more of a maintenance nightmare.
Although that Passat W8 is probably even rarer than a V8 Phaeton.

>It has Quattro

Yeah except for like 150 million other Golfs.
>quattro
>haldex
Pick one.
Fuck off with this trash you insufferable newfag.

I'm looking from someone living twenty minutes from Wolfsburg, so I might be biased in regards of VW maintenance. Parts are expensive thou.

Always wanted one but this thread has BTFO of that idea
Also : €1800 tax per year here.

I was trying to find a mk4 gti that wasn't beat to shit for awhile and finally gave up. They really do hold their value. Just picked up a jetta with the 1.8t so I can just tune that.

That engine is ripe for a remap

Don't bother even bringing the car up on Veeky Forums unless you can sneak it into a civil VAG thread. The r32 isn't a good for bench racinf or a Japanese shitbox. I love mine, but I'm not supposed to like what Veeky Forums doesn't like.

I am not Veeky Forums et all - living in VW land in the shadow of Wolfsburgerwerk my first car being a second gen Golf was no brainer. Then I've went throught two third gens but ended as Mercedesfag for over a decade.
They aren't bad but in comparision other options might be better.
Parts and service are, obviously, not very budget friendly.

That said, first R32 is a rare sight here - Hell, it is easier to spot XL1's that are tested around Wolfsburg. Let that sink a little - limited production super prototype is more common than street legal variant of a compact car. There has to be a reason for that.

100% agree

Because a Golf R32 costs about 12K here (for a 3.2), and an R32 GT-R can be had for about 15K.
Z3M is a more balanced chassis though.

It does sound pretty good for a V6 - but bad for a straight six.

It does not have Quattro. It has a FWD-based Haldex system. Quattro = longitudinal, RWD based.

>6 speed
Nobody cares.

>Nice interior
No.

>Best looking Golf
Best looking shitbox isn't something to be proud of.

>Prices have bottomed out
Pure speculation.

Fun is subjective.

There are plenty of hot V6 hatches around. If you're desperate for a VR6, there's the VR6 equipped A3 - which gets outclassed by the S3 and RS3.

VAG did very few things right. The 1.8 20v turbo is one if those things.

>Not too much power so you don't look like a stupid Subaru owner child
"I...it's not like I want to chase Mustangs or anything. T...that's childish and I'm c...c...classy."

>Haldex """AWD"""

Best looking, nah, but that glorious master race vr6 is a nice touch.
Too bad I can't afford that shit cuz i'm poorfag.

>he fell for the rwd meme

>R32
>Miata
Are you retarded?

Of course. Then again, it seems like there is a pretty big discrepancy between American standards and European standards.

Key word is "Haldex Traction-based 4motion"

True Audi Quattro is Torsen traction-based AWD, which split power 40/60 and with the ability to send 100% of the power to the rear wheels. Haldex is FWD-based

>not buying one of these, switching the wheels and debadging it

The ultimate sleeper

>respectable numbers

Thanks OP I needed a good laugh

~
you should read a bit more into the concept of a sleeper....

>I wont like it because I dont want to like it
what-everrr

Why not an a3?

I'm actually looking at the Mk3 GTI instead.

Nobody really likes them over here so they're cheap to buy plus I actually like them.

Everybody and their mum has a Mk4. Not at R32 though.