Monster Hunter General - /mhg/

Best elder edition

>News
gematsu.com/2016/08/capcom-announces-tgs-2016-lineup
siliconera.com/2016/05/16/capcom-new-monster-hunter-game-along-major-titles-planned/

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 / Search
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, MHFU, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

discordapp.com/invite/0gQrOfuthFMZJ4Fy
monsterhunteronline.in/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Is MHO fun?

Okay, how about this. You know about masks right, like those gargwa mask and larinoth mask?
You make each masks for every monster in the game. Now everyone can BE Tama.
And when everyone's Tama, no one is.

Is Spooky Squid the best source of Heavy Armor Spheres?

>Are chinese made games fun?

Does the great macao have any breakable parts?

Head frills and tail.

Is it?

It looks fun.

Head.

That's hardly a gimmick or a new feature.

Just like the bird wyverns before him? Got it.

Shoulders.

it's not

the animations are stiff, nothing has weight, they completely ruined bow and bowguns, its filled with chinese mmo cancer (daily hunting limits and shit), and is already starting to show signs of becoming frontier cancer

hard pass

Anyone want to kill Asstalos with me? trying to get the tail too

>half a week to get some goddamn Sinister Darkcloths
Reminder to send your Meownster Hunters out on rare expeditions.

For me it's 6* hub the white brute
farcaster > take flag from box > place flag > end via subquest
Less than 2 minutes desu

>needing a carry for one of the fairest fights in the game
You're either garbage or a hammer moron who refuses to switch weapons

wut

astalos is begging to be hammered

Read the post I replied to or I'll give you a big wet adult kys

>trying to get the tail too

Yes, though I haven't played in a while (since it updated breaking the english patch, need to check if that's been updated yet). It's basically a currently half-finished MH game on PC, MMO aspects are low (there's a cash shop for cosmetics, technically a somewhat complex limit on how many times you can hunt per day/week (boiling down to 97 hunts a week but actually more like 110-140 because you get a box of free daily items that often includes additional passes) and you see other players wandering around the hub towns instead of just npcs, but that's about it).

Contrary to what assmangled shitbabies like spew, its animations are generally much better than mainline's. I'll warrant some things might seem less weighty because there's less hitstop than in mainline and screenshake than 4U. Only thing they "ruined" about bow is that your quiver disappears when drawing the bow for some reason, and I guess that it could be consider OP since you use a mouse to aim. Don't know about bowgun, haven't used it in MHO.

>only played up to P3rd
>kinda want to buy a 3DS to get back into the hunt
>watched videos for both 4U and Gen
>Gen's hunting styles and arts are interesting, but overall I liked the setting and monster roster of 4U better
>see a lot of people saying that 4U is pretty shit
I feel conflicted

4U is the better game but they're both fun. Avoid Guild Quests though, they're the most boring shit.

ANSWER ME YOU NIGGER SLUTS
Is repeat offender better than WE on pierce shots?

There's no game people won't say is pretty shit lol

Maybe if it was made before they were born

Just pirate both, you doofus. And 3U is better than both of the games you mentioned.

Just wait for 3DS emulator, or get a cheap 3DS and hack it.

Honestly after you experience the hot springs of Portable 3rd Monster Hunter has nothing left for you. It all feels so empty now.

4U is only shit compared to other titles in the series in like three ways imo.

First, it has colours blown out the ass. I don't mind colourful but it's like they designed it as a much less colourful game and then just used colour correction to pump the saturation and contrast up really high, so a lot of it just looks gross.

Second, it's 3DS exclusive, meaning you can only play it at fucking 240p.

Third, if you're autistic enough to think you need the absolute best weapons in the game, the endgame is an rng grindfest in which you will end up hunting anywhere from hundreds to a couple thousand rajangs trying to get the exact perfect weapon(s) you want, because for some reason capcom thought it would be a good idea to make the most powerful weapons diablo-style loot that you get randomly from endgame hunts at a low rate instead of something you build and upgrade from scratch.

4U is quite a bit better than Generations. Even from just a basic quality perspective, Generations was a seriously rushed game whereas 4 was held back to polish it up even more.

Tetsucabra Adept Bow time attack
Average run at best, I'm not sure if its worthwhile to try to spawn in the area next to the monster or just start from wherever.

>completely skipping the worst roster in series by far

Go post them to the discord, we don't give a shit.

It isn't though. I mean, third gen had a lot of good monsters that didn't show up in 4U but almost all first gen monsters and most of second are pretty shit, those games are worse.

Unless "the series" to you is just 3U, 4U and Generations, or something.

Is there a cown hunting guide?

You can keep posting them if you find it fun but no one will ever give a shit

Don't know where you heard that but they're all fucking retarded.

4U has arguably better content, replay value, monster roster and more. I played yesterday for the first time in months and the place is still kickin' hard. But Gen is an absolute blast and a incredible nostalgia trip to boot. Minus the torture of Deviants which don't compare the masochism of Guild Quest Level 140 Rape Ape Marathons.

If you want to ease back in, get Gen.
Want to question your life but have a "rewarding" amount of time and content, get 4U.

If money is tight, refurbed 2DS' are roughly 70 Burgerland Bucks.

Weakest+Most monster quest

Thanks m80

I wasn't the one who posted it, and I'm not sure it matters who gives a shit as long as some people are having fun. I think it's obviously nice if a few people want to keep track of gitting gud and have something to do.

i just wanted to play with someone people asshole. suck a dic and choke

How alive is 4u?

I just made a new character and am about to break into village HR
Are there still people playing at high rank and beyond?

GQ are much more fun than Deviants though, "infinite" variety is great.
It's shit if you look at them as people look at charm farming in Gen (aka wrong)

Then post a room, ladpai

woops

in my defense i should have slept hours ago

I want to play MHO but I don't speak Chinese and have no VPN

>Year 2016
>Doesn't speak chinese

Anyone wanna help with mister hipcheck urgent 33-4063-3593-8244

>village
caravan*

shit

Is there no Double BBQ Spit in Gen?

That's not the right way of doing it, seeing as some quests cannot spawn the largest or smallest monsters.

Najarala Adept Bow time attack
Pretty disappointing time, especially considering I was lucky enough to eat for Pyro and Booster. What do people usually eat for with teo bow? I go for pyro because of the potential for extra staggers but maybe booster or weakener is better.

I can post these with my name if people really want to block me, but I figure a little friendly competition doesn't hurt and I think its fun to see how I compare to others.

No but you can cook all that shit at a table

>No bugstick frenchies
>No frenchies at all
>NPC Hunter AI for intro story arc
>More blatantly scantily clad NPCs and players than mainline
>Classic Gameplay

It's not perfect, but you don't look a gift horse in the mouth, user.

Rife Roast
Or just use Energy Drinks, and no, I don't care that some fat youtubers also uses them

>have no VPN

Pretty sure this part doesn't matter, and there is an active English Discord for players of it.

discordapp.com/invite/0gQrOfuthFMZJ4Fy

Only events and some specific quests do, and in 4U max level GQs.

28-1750-6577-3214

Unlocked turns

4U and 3U had plenty of quests that couldn't spawn certain sizes.
Events usually just lock the sizes.

Made a room for G Rank Savage Jho Event Quest yesterday and it filled up with G1 shitters in no time flat so I guess so.

TA = Weakener, period.
That cuts the RNG in like HALF

But what if I want burnt meat?

>>No bugstick frenchies
>>No frenchies at all

i'm flippin sold.

Use this wiki. There's a huge discord too there.

monsterhunteronline.in/

Do you really need that much?

I've been using that method since FU and never had to switch quests because it took too long, the hardest crown I've ever faced were "GQ only" monsters during early 4U (Kirin and Basarios)

>but I don't speak Chinese
Don't need to. Trial and error will get you far.
>and have no VPN
Went through the sign up process and have been playing without this. Don't see a need. Literally put Deez Nuts as my name threw in a bunch of numbers for my passport and I was gold.

Heard the ping is horrendous without one though

Who's up for unlocked turns?

Why is gen's HUD so goddamn huge

Allied health bars take way too much of the screen up, have to put them in the bottom

Even the clock is oddly large

>Having to beg or patiently wait for the host to share the damn quest.
>Quest storage management in general.
>People not fucking sharing in the first place.
>Ridiculous amounts of elitism around defense and armor skills followed by god complex like kicking.
>Hoping to god that the layout for the host's quest isn't shit.
>Everyone and their fucking mother stopping to mine for Beshackled Armor/Weapons even when Apex could trigger any second now.
>Assholes leaving rooms left and right because the bias doesn't align with their play style or goal.

>playing with randoms
>doing GQs for the relics

What a nightmare

4U was a mistake

You try a free VPN if you really want. Probably no contributors from China itself but nearby countries are good enough. Try Softether VPN, it's free.

You're complaining about randoms, not guild quests.

>doing GQs for the relics
Seiously now, what other motivation is there? They give godly equips and open insane clown combinations coupled with the fact that if you were lucky, you got something surpassed most regular endgame weapons and only you owned.

This was /mhg/'s obsession for a few months.

I liked fighting single monsters in three area arenas with few slopes/bullshit climbing areas and increasing difficulty by improving monster AI and health and damage. GQs have like 4 levels of AI whereas deviants have two and instead modulate difficulty with extra monsters, which is less fun than a stronger single monster in my opinion.

Doesn't mean you should do them FOR the reward. That's the wrong mindset and you'll only end up disappointed, and really, you care about what a bunch of idiots do?

>Quest storage management in general.
>People not fucking sharing in the first place.
>Hoping to god that the layout for the host's quest isn't shit.
>Everyone and their fucking mother stopping to mine for Beshackled Armor/Weapons even when Apex could trigger any second now.

These are not exclusive to randoms.

1. True
2. Literally just ask
3. Nitpicking
4. Randoms and shitters only.

No, I don't. That doesn't change that the fad was here for quite some time and it was the main motivation for most people I encountered in and outside of /mhg/

>when Apex could trigger any second now
Oh no, APEX boo, so hard.
Seriously..? You were one of those shitters using Drive?

MHXG IDEAS GO

>dash style, evade becomes dashes, have dash attacks
>heavy style, slow more powerful attacks, cannot roll unsheathed, evade becomes a prone button
>aerial style can jump off non-climbable walls, can do a running jump that is super high
>striker style can forfeit all three arts for one super striker art
>bushido style gets instant reflect damage back to monster, effectiveness varies by timing
>super gimmick stories collab, you can tame monster and call them once per quest to do a air strike style attack

>oil fire tama
>can make oil bubbles and ignite them to make slowly floating fire balls

>ice dinovaldo
>very sharp tail but it keeps freezing so it has to grind and bite it to get rid of the ice.

>electrostatic gamoot
>uses electrostatic to stick stones to its body for armor

>poison raizex
>can harden poison on its crest to make poison blade

it was shit last thread it's still shit now

Doing some 3* quests, want to play with others. if anyone wants to join: 28 1450 0100 3788

>not stealing a chinese girls identity
wow pussy

>dash style, evade becomes dashes, have dash attacks
>bushido style gets instant reflect damage back to monster, effectiveness varies by timing

Where does that leave DB?

Just more attacks for it then.

My dreams of doing a Shagaru Magala run have come true. Doot doot

Mate GQs are shit, randomly generated crap does not belong to MonHun, charms are already pushing it.

Which monster has the weakest spot to fire? Can you list monsters by elemental weakness with pings dex?

>18 minutes
Lol come back when you can sub-5 it famalam.

Should I try an HH run of my own?
I doubt I'll beat any of the other weapons, though.

I for one would love to have an HH rival. Go for it.

r ludroth's mane

tied with chammy's horn i think

no

Does the lance's R+A charge make a weapon lose sharpness when it deflects an attack?

Also I don't know if it has any special properties, does it just make me do a normal followup attack quicker or does it have more damage?

>playing 4u
>forget you can't hold a to continue carving
>look away
>lose two carves
well shit

>Apex was a difficulty modifier by design.
>Drive was designed to counter it the most effectively since it's your first Wystone.
Most of the playerbase are shitters then.

I bet you think armor skills are a crutch too.