Pls help b0ss

So I need to get this fixed asap, can you guys help me find out what is wrong,

I have a cobra 2003 and in order to use it I have to open up the hood and connect that end to the battery .

if I leave it on all night it will discharge the battery so after im done using the car I have to disconnect it .

what exactly is wrong with the car,
how much will it be ?

my bitch .

you have a power draw on your car. something in your car isn't properly turning off and is draining your battery over night

unless your really good with electrical and have all the required equipment, you'll probabliy need to take it to a shop.

>Cobra
>SOHC heads

????????

+1
fuck electrical issues

nice catch

Remove amp power, try again.

The hell is that thing? It's not a 2003 Cobra, that's for sure.

Never mind just burn it the fuck down that is a tragic thing to look at.

is this a troll?

Your car is fucked, a short is the least of your concerns

Never mind just burn it the fuck down that is a tragic thing to look at.

lmaooooooooo jealous because you own a piece of shit bucket

and yes its a 2003.

This. Electrical issues like this are the worst.

"cobra"

>Cobra?
>Only one cam per cylinder bank
Choose one fag.

get a new battery
ez pz

>blablabla [I have a short]
>How much will it be?

My fucking sides, never touched a tool in your life huh OP?

easy mode: hook up a switch to disconnect the battery somehow in the cabin so you dont have to open the hood every time
hard mode: figure out what is causing your phantom drain

Valve covers are not heads.

True, but you're not getting SOHC valve covers on a DOHC so your point is moot.

actual helpful guy emerges slowly from the darkness......

... ok this user was somewhat helpful.

you have two options... option one is the easy way out . buy a battery disconnect switch for like 10 bucks and disconnect the battery when you park. connect it when you go.

this isn't really solving the issue, but you could live with it indefinitely like this. If you really want to do it right, go to option 2.

Option 2 - you need a multimeter. cheap POS will do fine. first, get a free battery and alternator check at any auto parts store. If both are good, you have a drain... some electrical component of your car is either shorting out, or a switch is sticking or some shit.
disconnect your ground cable from the battery and touch one probe of the multimeter to the negative terminal and touch the other one to ground. Look to see how much juice your car is using when its off. .1 or maybe .2 volts are a normal drain. (or you could do this first to see if you've got a drain before testing batt and alt.).
Anything more and yes, you've got a drain. Then you have to find it. pull your fuses one by one and repeat the above test.... OR... most fuses have tiny metal dots poking out of the plastic so you can access the circuit with a multimeter. touch one probe to each metal contact and go fuse by fuse until you find one with a significant reading. ... or do the same thing with a test light.
Anyhow, when you find the circuit that is still active when the car is off, trace that circuit. You will need a wiring diagram which may be on line, or you may need to buy a mechanics manual. Trace the circuit and you will find a loose or corroded contact, worn insulation, or something fucked up. If you don't, then you have to check the electric components themselves. Disconnect them and bypass them one by one till you find the faulty component and replace it.

continued... its probably a cheap fix, but a shop will probably screw on labor. If your asking how much they will screw you, or how many hours they will actually take doing what I've described above, I'd only be guessing.

Electrical issues are a bitch, but not impossible. If your gonna own and work on older cars, you shouldn't run from them automatically

Had a problem like that in my 03 mach 1, ended up being a loose wire somewhere behind the breaks, don't remember at all what it was for. also took out the lit up dash light for abs.

Thanks, good post.

>.1 volts drain
That doesn't make any sense. You mean amperes, and 200 amps of current constantly draining is most definitely too much. My car takes 45 milliamps and I consider that too much already.

>Cobra

Who u tryna fool senpai?

First cable from the top looks pretty new. Did you by any chance recently get an amp installed?

thank you ! I'm going to look into that asap .
I swear these forums are infested with trolls...

but then again.... Veeky Forums created the troll(s) OP

>not a cobra tho.

either your retarded or some one fucking duped your ass selling it to you.

that engine looks fkn clean.

you knock its a cobra.

- 4.6L SFI DOHC SC 8cyl

You're supposed to remove the negative terminal first.

Seeing as there is an aftermarket wire there, I assume you have a sound system. I would start there.

Except it's not. Its a SOHC engine. Definitely not a cobra.

>4.6L SFI DOHC SC 8cyl
>SC

B-B-BULLLLLSHIT.

kek OP is something else

no one believes that shit-ass stock GT is a cobra, you dingus

nigga thats a riced out GT
not even an attempt at a cobra clone.
just a bro tier sticker across the top of the windshield

cobra owners almost as a rule have clean headlights

This. original