/lisg/ - Life is Strange General #404

"Why is Warryn even here" Edition

Previous Thread: Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay to rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/319630/
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction:
orph.link/story

>Compilation of Fanfics:
orph.link/fanfic

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>/lisg/ sings Glass Walls
youtube.com/watch?v=pQJgF3NToUg

>Strawpolls:
strawpoll.me/10882668
strawpoll.me/10909518
strawpoll.me/10936261
strawpoll.me/10990015
strawpoll.me/11005852
strawpoll.me/11012705
strawpoll.me/11013698

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/user/HellaHappens/submitted/
reddit.com/r/lifeisstrange/comments/3phdnu/ep5_spoilersdo_you_guys_remember_my_metamorphosis/cw6a6rl
youtube.com/watch?v=aQOBiy0umqU
bilibili.com/video/av4512658/
youtube.com/watch?v=f0Dn29M4LQY
boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/123679587/#123738516
mugflub.blogspot.com.br/2016/07/why-life-is-strange-screwed-you-up.html
twitter.com/Cruuuuuuus
my.mixtape.moe/pjyxgp.flv
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Our Father who art in heaven,
Hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come,
Thy will be done,
On earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread;
And forgive us our debts,
As we also have forgiven our debtors;
And lead us not into temptation,
But deliver us from evil.
Amen.

pricefield OTP

>it's an episode where you're resting your head on Kate's lap and she pets you and then you wake up

Thank you for being here, Kate.

It's pretty difficult being happy when you keep desiring Kate.

To be happy you must rid yourself of desire.

I want to hug Max.

Whenever I make friends with a girl I make it an effort to be friendly enough to them to the point she'll hug me in a way where I can feel her boobs press against me.

Hello? Are you even listening Maxine?!?

I want to kiss Chloe.

t. Warren

>Max
>boobs

nope

>make friends with a girl

Max's bebs are alright

No lewd.

But she can be very lewd

Calm down, Max. I'm sure Chloe would have any issue with that but you don't need to announce it.

So did Max and Chloe head to Seattle after the bae ending?

no, they went straight to the hell, as their souls couldn't take all the murders they've committed

Of course they did. And after a brief meltdown where Chloe freaked out on Max for killing Joyce, they patched things up and lived together happily indefinitely

That's what I (and many others) seem to think.
In would say Max and Chloe drive out of AB, stop at a motel for a day because they both need actual rest, then get to Seattle the night after the storm. Then they stay with Max's parents, Chloe hears from Joyce/ David and Max hears from her friends once cell service is restored.
A week or two later, Max and Chloe go back to AB for Rachel's funeral and to see their family and friends. Then they go back up to Seattle to stay for a bit longer until the attention in AB has died down.

I LOVE KATE!

gr8 k8 m8 i r8 8/8

Kate does't love you back.

Kate loves everyone as long as they aren't sinners.

KATE IS TOO GOOD FOR YOU

If she loves everyone, she loves nobody.

It's not lewd. We are talking purely from a practical, mature standpoint that max has great bebs.

Beloved, let us love one another; for love is of God, and he who loves is born of God and knows God. He who does not love does not know God; for God is love.

Max freaks out because she thinks she killed Joyce. But Chloe tells her whatever happened is in the past and keeps her focuses on making sure Max is alright.
Which is why Chloe learning that her mom is alright, and their eventual reunion, will be great. Chloe would even be glad to see David.

>wake up in a 2 story house
>Kate is resting beside you
>you two have kids

I really hope Warren matures as a person and is able to get past his "puppy love" stage, as well as his boisterous teenage one. He's not a bad human being but it's clear Max has no interest in him, and he needs to see this. I hope maybe one day they can become good friends. That said I really hope that anyone who posts Grahamfield on here gets brutally murdered.

Thanks for the prayer Kate

What's the point of being friends with your love interest? It's self-destructing.

On the flipside he may never mature and he might become one of those fedora tipping "nice guys".

It's quite possible to get over love for someone. especially in teenage years, if you mature as a person.

Source: me.

I hope not.

Can someone draw/photoshop Warren with a fedora?

Victoria detected.

This is a sensible way of thought that I agree with.
Some people also forget that he's 16 in the game, he's either a grade or two behind Max or he somehow jumped ahead (I doubt it). So there's still plenty of time for him to see why he's doing wrong and change. All it takes is for him to find someone he really likes and not just forming feelings very quickly like he seems to do.

>16 year old hanging in 18 yo's classrooms
He should've had his ass kicked for even coming into the room.

Makes sense, though Chloe does say when you're in Frank's RV that she imagines going down the coast past Big Sur (i.e. California)

Blackwell doesn't seem to have the undeclassmen bullying like other schools, it just seems to be those in the Vortex Club shitting on everyone else regardless of all other factors.

I'm sure they'll make it on their road trip eventually. California, Portland, and all across the US. They can do it after they finish school and have saved up money.

The entire structure of Blackwell is messed up.

>It's a senior's only art school
>There are students there who clearly aren't seniors

I'm guessing Dontnod just guessed what the American education system was like.

RE: Metamorphosis of Chloe Price

1. This is the creator's reddit account: reddit.com/user/HellaHappens/submitted/
She uploaded a higher quality version on her vimeo (now deleted as pointed out in the last thread).

2. She shares our low opinion of the finale: reddit.com/r/lifeisstrange/comments/3phdnu/ep5_spoilersdo_you_guys_remember_my_metamorphosis/cw6a6rl ("This is my last post here and I won't disturb you anymore. I know there will be a lot of people here saying they found it perfect and that I'm complaining too much, blah, blah...."), which might just be why she ended up deleting everything.

3. On youtube it is set to private, so maybe it's not completely impossible to get at the source video (it also contained that short video of Chloe singing): youtube.com/watch?v=aQOBiy0umqU

4. Here is a HQ reupload of the Episode 4 version on some obscure Japanese site: bilibili.com/video/av4512658/

5. And on youtube: youtube.com/watch?v=f0Dn29M4LQY

6. Video was actually posted several times here, too: boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/123679587/#123738516

Yeah, I only noticed the 'seniors only' think on my second playthrough and it was very strange. At least it explains why the entire student body consists of only ~48 people

>Love
>Lewd
Okay, Kate.

Good finds, user.
That makes me sad. Polarized left a bast taste in my mouth but I was able to mostly get over it by just thinking things through, arriving at conclusions, and talking about it here.
But it seems that she just lost all hope for LiS and said she regretted it. I wonder how many people got that feeling where they said at the end that is completely negated the rest of the game's strengths
I wouldn't go that far but I would say Polarized, or at least the epilogues, deserve a revisit and addition to the Sacrifice Arcadia Bay ending.

>which might just be why she ended up deleting everything.
Yeah, probably. It's tiring when everyone gives you shit.

That's, um, pretty thorough.

Have you guys ever read this?

mugflub.blogspot.com.br/2016/07/why-life-is-strange-screwed-you-up.html

Don't forget there are a lot of triplets and twins there too.

Yep. The penultimate paragraph is pretty depressing in itself

Thanks! Note: The Japanese site version is the highest quality one. Download as long as you can!

We could also contact the artist. Obviously most here understand why you could hate the endings so much that you begin to despise your contributions that were made in a hopeful feeling and optimistic tone, but maybe we can make her realize how cool her art is and how important that she finishes her video with at least the optimism in mind that we have carved out for ourselves. I think I'll try to contact her.

Btw.: Scriptfriend, this "criis-chan" artist has made among a few others 3 chibi LiS pieces that she apparently never uploaded anywhere (pic related is taken off her youtube speedpainting video). Maybe they are on her twitter? Not feeling like going through ~1.8k pictures, maybe your script can do that? twitter.com/Cruuuuuuus

I really think it was the endings, not the fandom. The last post of hers on reddit was a cross-post to a tumblr blog rant about the bummer finale. So I don't think she felt alone. tumblr has always been vocal in their disapproval of Episode 5 and the endings altogether. She also wrote this: "Those meaningless endings made me hate my own fan art -.-"

I don't agree that "Max and Chloe's relationship is not sustainable". Take away everything involving the tornado, time powers, etc. You have the same result; Max and Chloe still end up together.
At the heart of things is two friends that have been separated for five years, underwent hard times and changes, and then reunited and realized they still got along (Perhaps even better than before). That's entirely sustainable, the only thing the events of the week did was make them makeup quicker so they could focus on the important tasks they faced.
They could have again just by walking past each other in the street or seeing each other at Two Whales. It may have taken a little longer butt he same result would occur.

That's an neat idea. But I think if someone deleted everything then that means they're done with the fandom and want to leave it behind. But if you wanted to contact them and arrange a sort of AMA here or just show them we've talked about their wok and shared their feelings, it may make her feel better if she's still thinking about LiS as much as we are, which may inspire the desire to do more art/ add on to the animation.

I agree with you overall, but it's worth noting that Chloe was reticent about everything until she finally put two and two together and realized it was Max who saved her life in the bathroom. Max even writes about the sudden change in attitude in her journal.
It's probable that this same rebuilding of trust could have happened without any violent and supernatural shenanigans but at the same time it could have been the catalyst that set everything about their revamped relationship in motion.

I didn't until now, I can agree with a lot of it. I felt a lot of the same stuff and related heavily to
>I was embarrassed to tell anyone who hadn't played the game (i.e. everyone in my life) how I felt

Thanks for posting it.

I think the circumstances led to them repairing their friendship at a greatly accelerated rate, given the state Chloe was in, and otherwise it would have taken a lot more time and a willingness to put effort into getting through the guilt and hurt of those five years. But we see how easily they fall back into each other's lives in the AU though too, though that's helped by the timeline being different and Chloe's demeanor being softened. The pair still work after 5 years, is the point.
Either way, I think it's absolutely ridiculous to argue that Max and Chloe can't sustain a relationship. They love each other, they both want to be together, both are willing to push past their own insecurities and issues to stay together. They have a more solid foundation than many of the greatest love stories out there.

what's she drawing?

Jefferson impaled on a stake.

Max and Chloe holding hands

user who asked for it here

excellent fucking work. wow!

do you have any idea how to download the video from that japanese site? I'd really like to get that nice high quality video

I agree with what you guys are saying, but I think what the writer of that blog was trying to convey is that it is not realistic for people to long for a relationship like Max and Chloe's, because their bond was galvanized over something supernatural, apocalyptic...the adventure of a lifetime and then some. And Max saving Chloe's life over and over, risking her own, and risking the lives of others to do it. It's not sustainable to believe something like that is possible. In fact it is entirely unattainable to an everyday person.

That's what I thought. The week and circumstances made things move very quickly.
But we also see that even in lives without peril, they meet up again and quickly reconnect.
That's a pretty good indication of true love to me and I see regardless of how they met again it would eventually result in the two of them being together. Their past history, their desires in life, and the balance they get together ensures it.

Have this stupid pic I did because I apparently have too much free time.

kek

>that warryn
kek

I found Carol kind of boring desu

>accidentally tried rewinding in public

I haven't seen it yet, but I'm expecting typical hollywood melodrama for when I do.

Whoops forgot to enable filters

Well the supernatural part is obviously fictional and not achievable, but that doesn't even seem like a point worth making. People can wish they have powers and stuff but unless they're children, they will (probably) not think that stuff is possible. That desire usually doesn't go beyond 'wouldn't it be neat if i could do that?'
In the context of the writing it looked more to me that they were saying that "Max and Chloe will never work or be sustainable" as if it's doomed to some sort of failure just on the basis of who they are. But that's just the way I read into it, since as I said, you shouldn't have to tell mature people that superpowers are not the right basis for a relationship.

And as soon as I've posted I am proven wrong by gg.

Neat.

I'll just bring my money order to school so that my teacher can send it to the publisher and I'll get my book in 2 weeks.

anyone know how to download the video from this site? I have absolutely no clue how to do this kind of thing but I'd really love to have this video

bilibili.com/video/av4512658/

B- But nothing changed?!

my.mixtape.moe/pjyxgp.flv

One thing did.

Have I told you how much I love you, user?

>accidentally said something stupid at a party
>try rewinding
>girl I'm with thinks I'm trying to grab her boob

1 day and 20 hours until deus ex comes out

1 day and 20 hours until we can start searching for the Life is Strange references.

Why don't you, uh, send the money to me?

I leave you all with gorgeous Chloefied Max.

I pre-loaded it 2 days ago. The instant that play button shows up, I'm in. If there wind up being no references, it's up to us to mod them in.

Alright.

The preload option only came up for me about 12 hours ago, before then there was no option. in 1 day and 20 hours we'll download the rest of the 20 gigs.

>If there wind up being no references, it's up to us to mod them in.

lel as if they wouldn't drop us some references. Eidos are bros and they're Frenchies so they've gotta drop a ref bomb for that sweet dontnod from the true motherland. France

Probably Alice along with doodles of angels and crosses.

1/2

I'm not saying I agree with the logic, that's just how I took it. They were kind of saying "What Max and Chloe have is unattainable so longing for what they have shouldn't be something you dwell on."

>want a Polaroid like Max's
>have to pay $1000
>have to pay $100 for film

2/2

Molli! I like it!

same here bud. You can get polaroids for 100~ that look aesthetic and film you can buy in bulk for cheaper than singles.

Gonna get Molli's clock with this picture on it. Looks aesthetic AF

>sitting on bench
>Kate accidentally sits on my hand

I don't like the idea of Max going full punk like Chloe. But as a costume for a party, or for a photo shoot it would be cool.
I wonder if Chloe would want to learn how to take pictures like Max. She will never love it as much as Max does, but it could still be fun. Just like Chloe teaching Max how to skate and stuff.

A wallpaper version someone was kind enough to make for me once.

I don't like the idea of never being able to be Kate's friend.

Chloe was not just "reticent" either. The opposite. From the car drive to the first scenes in her room, to the fact that she brings Max home with her to begin with - Chloe cannot really be mad at her. It's obvious that she wants to be, and has reason to. But even with all the shit in her life and between them, she is excited and elated. Very much so before Max was a literal life saviour rather than a potential, figurative one. She takes her back in.

Posted this before: Chloe being positively euphoric that she brought Max back home with her. "You can see how goddamn happy she is to have Max with her. Imagine how often Chloe came back driving home having nothing to look forward to. And now not only did she pick up someone to bring back, but it is freaking Max. She can't help but be euphoric, and the thought that she went out "looking for people" and came back empty-handed like a failed pirate all the time, but now has that Caulfield booty in tow? Her "treasure"? So adorable."

I agree. I didn't read the blog, but if they are implying their relationship is unattainable because it exists because of the supernatural shit: that's wrong. The supernatural is narrative device. The devs and writer themselves have stressed this over and over. At the center is a human story, something more tangibly authentic than tons of people have ever felt in video games (and elsewhere). Obviously since the supernatural kind of exists through and even because of their relationship (powers as manifested love; a love transcending time, defying the universe), it has this "soulmate"/"destined to be together" narrative quality. But at the core it is a believable dynamic between two characters that are impressively, heart-capturingly human. That doesn't mean it is reasonable to expect to ever find someone so dear and complementary, romantically and otherwise, to us, but it also doesn't mean it's not worth striving for or at all attainable.