/amd/

Discuss how low amd will eventually fall here.

First let's get started with my previous posts from a couple weeks ago. The chart is from the middle post.

Here we have the latest updated chart. Weak shorts were flushed out after the break through $6.15-$6.25 and weak longs above the $6.08 will be coughing up shares soon as amd inevitably dives through their entry point.

It hit the ascending trendline and sold off 5% from there. Look at the volume Friday. Hedge funds who were short from the upper 7's are fully reloaded for the next ride down and bottom fishers are out of their longs.

$6.65 is resistance now. If it breaks, look for $6.85.

$6.20 is the middle of the battle ground. Longs are looking at ~$6.08 to get in and shorts are looking at ~$6.45.

$5.95 is the last support before this stock roars past $5.66 and fails to revisit it for years after.

I bought $1000 of AMD today at $6.395 how fucked am I?

You bought right at intraday support which is now resistance since it broke through. Short term it's not a bad entry since it is slightly above the bottom of the recent range at $6.33. Above $6.50 I would start to feel comfortable. Below $6.30 all the longs will be underwater from the last 3 days. It could start to trade in the 6.08-6.28 range again. Below $6.08 and every long from the last week will be wrong.

Maybe I'm a simpleton but I don't really know what you said. What I think you said is 'buy more'. Could you please explain?

What's your timeframe for holding on to it? What do you want more explanation on?

Nevermind I figured out what you're saying. I have no problem holding on for it long (10 years), I just wish I waited a bit till it fell more before buying. I know AMD is supposedly releasing an 'amazing' Zen core processor but I don't know much about the sales of AMD vs NVIDIA or even in depth specifications of the products.

If it's a long term investment, then the short term levels aren't that important, but I would consider exiting if it fell below $5.66. There is a good possibility for it to continue down to the mid 4's after that.

So exit at $5.66 then buy again at $4? Or put mone year elsewhere?

It would certainly be attractive there. It couldn't break the mid 4's for the last 5 years, so long term shorts would be covering there and longs would start buying again. It's hard to say what to do without knowing what's going on with the market at that time.

I'm not a fundamental or long term investor, so while price levels are good to consider for entries and exits, company specific criteria would have to be considered also.

When AMD goes up but NVAX goes down
$1000 vs $2000

Let's look at what's setting up after today.

We now have 4 days within a well defined range from $6.29-$6.65. A breakout gives a measured move to $7.01 on the upside or $5.93 on the downside. These levels both align with ascending/descending trendlines and are also important price levels.

and the forgotten chart.

They're going to be bought out by Nvidia right before their stock hits zero, and they'll use AMD to produce low-tier chipsets; meanwhile, they'll rebrand Nvidia as a top-tier card producer only and discontinue every card series under an 8-series.

Morning bump.

I bought 500 shares for 5,94 each some weeks ago. +10% so far. At which point should I sell? Was aiming for 15%-20%

Time for the daily analysis.

No changes from the previous chart. More consolidation within the $6.29-$6.65 range and importantly at the upper end of the range. $6.65 was tested again and this is becoming a more important level.

Your percentage target aligns with the measured move and downtrend line on this chart. You have a very good entry though, so maybe taking half off there and then letting the rest run with a wide stop would be good unless you're looking to get out all at once.

bump

wait wasn't this stock at $2 earlier this year?

Quick daily analysis.

More consolidation at the upper end of the range. Finally broke $6.65 with limited follow through to $6.73. Positively it closed above there at $6.67. If longs don't get the breakout here, expect selling back to the $6.30 support which I don't think will hold.

Yes, 52 week low was $1.72.