/msg/ - Maplestory General

Explorer Edition

Patch Notes:
maplestory.nexon.net/news/15465/update-v-175-heroes-of-maple-damien-patch-notes
--------------------------------------------------------------
READ THE PASTEBIN TO KEEP UP-TO-DATE ON EVENTS AND NEWS!

pastebin.com/BAi9nL3e
Discord: Ask in the thread for an invite link.

>Aries
8x/4x/6x v174+ (Updates alongside GMS). Shit. Don't listen to shills.
aries.elluel.net/
Apply to Spooky and/or memeboi.

>Ellinia
5x/1x/2x v162.4 Dream server. IT'S BACK THE MEAT WAS JUST BEING SLOWCOOKED.
maple.ellinia.net/
Guide to connect for current players: pastebin.com/PwhQ3Euc
>BUDDY KEKCRO FOR HELP(and mail but idk his ign)

>GMS/EMS/JMS/KMS
EVERYONE WHO PLAYS THE OFFICIAL SERVERS IS SPREAD OUT. POST YOUR IGN AND MAYBE YOU'LL FIND SOMEONE TO PLAY WITH.
Apply to Waifus/Casuals on Windia - Pay2Win/LOVE on Reboot.
maplestory.nexon.net

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

insoya.com/bbs/zboard.php?id=talkmaple_job&category=999&divpage=25&no=479894
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>mods deleted previous thread

i think they hate us

Good, this general is garbage and deserves to be purged

Decent skill cores is basically the only good thing about the V update

just get nebs

Gaby b-be my w-w-wife!

I'm probably going to make an /msg/ guild on royals if there isn't one already. Any support?

MAPLESTORY

SUX

>remember theres another 2x event going on soon
>"do you really feel like training on those quality nexon servers?"
Thanks thoughts

>pop some buffs
>dc afterwards
They are able to keep exp coupons going after logging off, why can't they just do that for all buffs or at least consumable ones

>2nd day of dcing from cht because shitty nexon servers
Just great

>tfw been botting almost 24/7 the past two days and not a single DC

wew,...,,,

>tfw all the guilds are kill ;_;

Is crafting worth the time it takes to gather materials and leveling up the jobs? Also, I got some recipes for level 150 equips from that weeb boss in in el nath, used them after getting the right profession, but now I can't find them in the list of craftable shit. What am I supposed to do with recipes then?

Question: which of these is better to burn in reboot these days?

>Mihile/other cygnus knight to 150
>Luminous to 120
>Phantom to 120
>Beast Tamer to 120

Look further down the list user. Though none are really worth it except maybe the weapon.

Killing bosses like zak and ht should count towards the elite boss sudden missions

IMO it's a toss up between Mihile and Phantom. BT and Lumi are both ez leveling. Meanwhile, Mihile's slow as shit, and Phantom's weak as shit (at least until you steal some third job skills).

They should be in your recommended if you're Lv. 10 Crafting/Acc, but if they're not, they're under their proper folders alllllll the way down the list. Or just use the search function, baka.

WHO ARE YOU
YOU GOT MY HAIR WRONG
AND MY SHORTS
I STILL LIKE IT THOUGH

Dunno, the set bonus on all 8 pieces looks amazing. +60 weapon attack, +20 speed, +20% hp and mp, +7% damage, and a bunch more. The hp and mp bonus looks especially good since it'll buff familiar regen.
Tried searching. Do I need the full name, or do parts of it work?

Full name I think maybe even capitals and shit

bump

but they're not elite bosses
all sudden missions just revolve around grinding, so maybe it's easier to think of it that way

Has maplestory 2 released in english yet?

What do you think, user?

It's irredeemably shit anyways

3 days, 3 dcs at cygnus

never ever

>cygnus at ~10%
>die
>forget magic guard because it's toggle now
>die again then dc

It's because Janna was posted.

electric boogaloo
pastebin.com/2yHbC3PS

I'm still hopeful that we'll see an eventual release over here one day. The game has some pretty comfy music and the environments are also very relaxing.
I wanna squeeze those chocolate cheeks

>play a shit ton of pservers
>use Windows Defender on the laptop I use for them
>scanning system
>detected something
>have a bunch of v62 servers' files on my system, could be their clients being detected as trojans
>random piece of malware
>trace location
>MapleLegends
>it's the false positive from the WildTangent games launcher
>they're most likely using a botched WildTangent client to connect to their server

I mean, that's actually pretty cool, but why?

)'3'(

what's the fastest way to level up from 121 to 150? (i'm playing a phantom and i've got the burning thing on)

also which quest lines give free mastery books so i know which ones to not skip

grand athaeneum is a good one for free mastery books, it's kind of long though.

for grinding though i'd say head to star force ludi, or bains in showa. they give star force rewards without the star force req.

check maple guide they list what gives what rewards and what doesn't

Do Zak with a rune if you haven't yet, that should probably get you to 130, or really close with burning
After that moonbunnies is pretty good to 150.

weaken black crow on all channels near mushroom shrine, pop a rune that gives +200% exp (some say +100% but give 200% for some reason, but I'm not complaining), then kill off all the crows for triple exp. 2.1 mil exp a pop, although he seems to spawn rarely and I don't know how fast he respawns

I'd join, but I don't know how many people from /msg/ play Royals. Add me ingame-- name is Nwah

thanks everyone! i'll try this all out.

i have no idea what a black crow is though and i don't remember how to get to showa since i haven't needed to go there since dexless sins were a thing.

Who's the purest /msg/

Me

Not me

Elyi desu, I can't even meme and say me

showa best town
look for a world tour guide lady and go to the mushroom shrine area, or take the interdimensional portal thing to momijabika or whatever the fuck it's called, either of those will take you to the region you need to be in

Which private server is best?

Korean folk town is really good after the revamp. A lot of stuff is just cut scenes and theres tons of wanted quests for good exp

It depends on what you're looking for

Gaby is my pure waifu

hey fuck you gaby is mine

That's some good shit.

Because wildtangent's older netservice clients are extremely broken and open to literally whoever wants to fuck with them. I'm pretty sure some copies of earlier versionf of wildtangent shipped with the fucking source code in the pack on dell pcs

benis

>pass two clean slates in a row
>fail both primes
>find an fm 2 spot
>maplestory has stopped working
it's good to be back

rip hacked up spooky

Not a SINGLE person in the world plays on Arcania

Prove me wrong.

I play on Kradia because muh nostalgia

any idea when 5th job hits GMS? Also is reboot dead? Haven't played for months

H-haha I was r-right anyway

5th job GMS this winter (late october-early november for the start most likely), reboot's not any more dead than it was at release, same amount of bots, same amount of "players" (actually bots)

I actively play global, reboot is marvelously filled to the brim if you compare it to other servers. Shits sake, you'd be lucky to have 2 busy channels in any other server.

Reboot is about 50-80% full on almost all channels when I'm playing

I'm gonna fck you up desko

full of bots

>log in
>sit in henesys for 6 hours
>close client
every single day for the last 2 years. I haven't leveled once, I haven't done any bossing, don't buy anything, don't grind, don't do anything. I just sit there, I don't know why. I uninstall the game, then I get an urge to play, reinstall, and load it up just to fucking sit there. What the fuck is wrong with me, why can't maple just shut down already, fucks sake.

Why don't you add them on an outside messenger like skype or rip msn messenger

delete your character and account noob

Add who?
I don't talk to anyone, I literally just log in and sit there, I don't know why, it's a compulsion and it's so overwhelming it actually pisses me off when I don't do it. It makes me physically shake with anger that i'm not logged in.

tried that, it did absolutely nothing.

>Been trying to sleep for 6 hours
>Not a wink

Peachy

Disgusting henewhore. End yourself.

YO /msg/ can you guys help me out maybe? Been trying to play but I always get error code 20010 whenever I try to log on, now I can't even launch through the direct game launcher, or log into the nexon launcher. I started playing ariesms but I can't even play that now because it just doesn't let me open it. I'm running w10 64bit, 8gb of ram, and perfectly fine (for this game at least) specs, yet I can't play or anything.I'm honestly a bit desperate, I really, really wanna play.

>w10

I enjoy the layout and UI. It feels very smooth, and clean to me. I enjoy it, then again I don't really do much becides play games. I also heard it's less cpu heavy than 7 so I upgraded. Don't tell me w10 alone is my problem

You know what? Pretty sure I am, for some reason, IP banned, even though I've never cheated, and this problem happened before I played in a private server, because now it won't even let me sign up with a different email. Absolutely amazing.

Is KMS region locked? As in if I have an American IP, would I need a fancy dancy proxy or whatever it is to play over there?

no proxy necessary, you'll probably need to buy an account though, unless you know someone in korea who will let you use their phone number.
And address.
And name.

would they need to actually contact that person to confirm an account? If not theoretically can't I make an entirely false name, enter a random address. and borrow a korean company's phone number?

You sign up with an i-pin, and they confirm the i-pin with government records. If you don't exist, you not only don't get an account, you're reported to local authorities. Or that's the threat anyway. I don't think they really care enough.
It's like $10 for an account, so most people just buy an account. And you get the benefit of having an account to play D&F, maple 2, kart rider, that kinda stuff.

oh, alright cool it's cheap. You know where I could go to buy an account?

People swear by OBTgame.

Is this still being updated?

Just got 5th job a month ago. Beat league of legends and overwatch in pcbang popularity charts for a night.

NEW DPM!!! (as of 08/22/16)

insoya.com/bbs/zboard.php?id=talkmaple_job&category=999&divpage=25&no=479894

>kinesis #1
you know it boys.

>7
now we're cookin with petrol.

morning bread

>phantom almost last

welp time to kill myself

>bowmaster
What went wrong?

>hero and dark knight got bumped down 1 rank
i'm not crying you're crying

bump

>Artificially extending this generals life
Give it up. Its over

Do you really want the autism contained here to leak out to other boards/threads?

You've got the discord for that, don't you?

>NL still sitting top 10
feels good to be king again