What is Veeky Forums's opinion on the BRZ?

I usually lurk on /g/. I just started browsing Veeky Forums and I'm curious.

Other urls found in this thread:

chicago.craigslist.org/search/cta
chicago.craigslist.org/search/cta?query=miata&search_distance=35&postal=60192&max_price=8000&min_auto_year=2006&max_auto_year=2016&max_auto_miles=80000
chicago.craigslist.org/chc/cto/5589828208.html
chicago.craigslist.org/chc/cto/5624116485.html
chicago.craigslist.org/chc/cto/5620056551.html
chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/cto/5601683943.html
chicago.craigslist.org/chc/cto/5629751552.html
chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/cto/5627550216.html
chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/cto/5608994438.html
chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/cto/5619271700.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Most people who own one left Veeky Forums long ago due to the relentless shitposting and hatred directed at them.

I that gives you any indication.

Pretty fucking slow

>Intel

It's not as good as the new Miata
It's not as good looking as it's predecessor from that weeb bullshit anime
It's not as reliable as a corolla
It's slower than a base wrx, not as reliable as a base wrx, etc etc,
the wrx is only pennies more expensive

>Falling for the only-speed-determines-car's-worth meme

Wew lad

I feed trolls. It's a gud shitbox for what it is. Basically a rwd RSX only new.

How is your Maxima mom. Get your kids to school in a timely manner?

everyday

>Miata
...is a convertible, and costs $5K more if you want one faster than a base 86
>Corolla
...is an economy car
>WRX
...is a tarted up economy car

There are really only two cars in the (cheap / light / FR / 2 door) category in the us. And their performance is close enough that you can choose based on styling and whether you want a convertible or a hard top.

Not at all. It's called acceleration, not speed you pleb. They are boring as fuck to drive on the street, I'm sure they'd be OK fun on the track though.

>HEY LOOK EVERYBODY!!!!
>WHAT HE SAID DOESNT APPLY!!
>CUZ I SAID SO!!
>HAHAHAA

off yourself

As you can see here , OP. Veeky Forums has some of the worst tripfags on Veeky Forums.

I'd leave and never come back if I were you.

>this car is shit compared to these different types of car
>but those are mostly different types of car, except one which is pretty much the equal of the car you're shitting on
>STOP MOVING GOALPOSTS FAGGOT!!!

I don't think you know what an economy car is

It's alright. Haven't seen many people make track cars out of them or actual tuner cars that get driven hard not just parked hard.

But, that's because most people do that with older cars.

It's kind of in a pointless price group in my opinion. It'd be cool if they sold the stripped out base version in the US.

>economy car

The Subaru Impreza is an economy car. The WRX, despite being broken off as its own model (as they previously did with the Legacy Outback), is still a hot version of the Impreza.

Did someone say worst tripfag?

Not sure why your saying the base WRX that's the quickest out of the trim levels. STI excluded... It's the lightest one due to the lack of some of the fancy interior junk and sun roof.

Nothing is reliable like a corolla lol. There's a few running around my town with classic car plates and never has a single failure. Hell I owned one for years gave it away at 260k on the clock and its still going.

WRX might look cheaper when you look at total the FRS/BRZ is dirt cheap for insurance and run next to the WRX/STI. Unless you're just a shit driver.

If you're a driving enthusiast, it's the best new car you can buy unless you can afford a Cayman.

Yes, there's a lot of faster cars, but nothing that handles as well

miata handles better

That's debatable. Some have rated the 86 higher, some the Miata.

I've driven both and I preferred the 86, feels more direct

Am I the only one who thinks it looks boring for being a sports car? I mean yeah its cheap for what it is but its just so..basic

That's the point, it's a drivers car, not some car to impress niggers with

>parks on lawn

> Z4
> 2.5i
lol, k.

why is the miata faster despite making 50 less HP then?

What if you can have a fun AND good looking car?

Its not called Celica.

What do you expect from the car OP?

Less weight, duh.

What about the 86 isn't good looking?
While the tail lights are ricey and the standard wheels are ugly the lines and design of the car is great.

just get the vortech supercharger kit

It needs curves

Look at the 350z..its like 10 years old and still looks better than a brand new gt86

350-370 looks a little fat thought
86 looks lighter

Hi, I know FR means rear wheel drive, but what do the letters stand for?

as says. The 350 is much bulkier. The 86 is very curvy, get near one, look at the rear haunches, front arches. It looks better IRL than in pics.

the plastic rear diffuser kind suck thought
otherwise it's really good looking

It depends on your taste, and I respect that.
But I have seen a gt86 irl and everytime I see one I go "is that it?" I dunno..Something about it just seems so basic and boring, theres nothing interesting about it, it doesnt even sound good.

Again, its a problem that (to me) a 10 year old car looks better

Front means front engine mounted. R means rear wheel drive.

Yeah it's super floppy too.

IMO the 350Z looks plainer. But again, looks are subjective. Both it and the Z suffer from average engine sounds. Pretty much the only thing my old car beat it in.

Eh.. You really think the Z has average engine sound?

Yep, almost all V6s sound like shit

The z looks plain, fat and less aggressive

>Can't tow as much as truck
>Can't seat as many as a minivan
>Can't got offroad
>Harder to find a parking spot than with a Toyota iQ

Are you retarded?

I'd get one if it had an inline 6 instead of the boxer.
Toyota should have just made the car themselves.

Then you must pay at least 2 times its price.

>why is the miata faster despite making 50 less HP then?

Lighter, and it can hit 60 in second gear. Have to shift to third in a GT86.

>inline 6

They'd have to raise the hood, and probably lengthen the front clip as well, to fit one in thanks to pedestrian crash standards.

They're pretty fun cars to drive, but I agree with everyone that says it could use some more power. If it had a really good turbo-4 or an aluminum block V6 in there I think it'd be a hit.

M U S T A N G
U
S
T
A
N
G

>They'd have to raise the hood, and probably lengthen the front clip as well, to fit one in thanks to pedestrian crash standards.

And it would fuck up the weight distribution. As it is now, the engine is just behind the front axle. And the tranny can't go any further back unless they went with a rear transaxle. Which is a lot more expensive, and would cut a bunch of space from the boot.

And that's kindof the point. It's a cheap sports car. There have to be compromises. But what they were able to do is really great. Its driving dynamics are commonly compared to the Porsche Cayman, which is twice the price.

gearbox at the back would be tits
fuck you're boot space

>shorter boxer engine
>engine still doesn't seat behind the strut towers

LMAOING FAMILIA

LMAOING

L-M-A-O-I-N-G

Ayyyy

This, tbqhwy senpai. Not even I, Alphonse, am as bad as MUH V6.

do you hate convertibles
do you like to go slow
do you hate used cars

if you answer yes to all of these the toyobaru might be for you if you said no to one of these then its a piece of crap.

I like them, seriously considering getting one as a sporty DD in a few months when the facelift is released and the price on the old ones drop.

Currently driving a Swift Sport which I love. I'd probably go for a Fiesta ST next but I want to try something different. Haven't test driven either though, only been a passenger in the Fiesta. 350z and S2000 was tempting too but not very practical as a DD and hard to find around here in decent condition.

when is the price drop going to happen? looking to buy a new car idk what.

Hard to tell, when the market reacts. IMO the facelift isn't worth it so I doubt the price will drop too much, plus I doubt there will be a lot of people trading in their old Toyobaru for a new one, maybe trading it in for another car before that price drop hits the trade in value.

I'm waiting to ~September, should see a drop by some dealerships by then.

a lot of the used frs/brz in the area are selling for 18-22k.

saved up ~7k right now for a car. Idk if I should go used or new. working part time and getting my CNA license.

9 years of 2000 camry :(

someone plshalp

difficult to change spark plugs

Buy used. Buying new is kind of a meme, as long as the maintenance history is good on the used shitbox, you're solid.

Will the FRS become rare because Rip Scion? Will FRS owners look down on 86 owners and say things like "heh newfag late to the party"

I need help buying a car.

what do you suggest buying used?

I'm looking at numbers like

price (8k max)
mileage (24min)
year (2005 min)
odometer (max 150000)

what are good numbers to put into craigslist?

any models/makes to avoid? what are great car brands?

budget is a little tight but have 7k. I like the subaru forester. Test drove a FRS and I fell for it. 21k though

so probably compact/sedan/hatchback.

I usually ride by myself and don't move around too far (50 minutes max 1 way).

drove the hyundai elantra, toyota camry, honda accord, and toyota rav4 before.

Miata

forgot to put that I live in the chicago area. chicago.craigslist.org/search/cta

lol pls no

can't even afford one tbqh

chicago.craigslist.org/search/cta?query=miata&search_distance=35&postal=60192&max_price=8000&min_auto_year=2006&max_auto_year=2016&max_auto_miles=80000

I doubt you will find any car EVER that's newer than 06 with less than 80k for $8,000

looking at these atm.

I figured 80k is a bit of a stretch so I increased it to 130k

chicago.craigslist.org/chc/cto/5589828208.html

chicago.craigslist.org/chc/cto/5624116485.html

chicago.craigslist.org/chc/cto/5620056551.html

chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/cto/5601683943.html

chicago.craigslist.org/chc/cto/5629751552.html

chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/cto/5627550216.html

chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/cto/5608994438.html

chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/cto/5619271700.html

am I doing badly?

Heat do you want out of your car? Economy or fun? All cars lean one way or another.

I would have suggested an E39, but you said compact and that's a full size. The E46 is a really fun car, you could absolutely get a good 330i or 328i. Don't buy those if you don't take care of engine codes within a month of them popping up though. They're not as tough to maintain as the memes claim, but there are two systems that are touchy, the cooling and the vanos, and if neither have ever been replaced in an E46/E39, then they will eventually need to be. That's it though, as long as those two systems are good, they're the same to own as any other car.

Otherwise, miata, mustang, one of those big names. Those are usually better than average cars.

OP here. thats why i made made this thread. 2013-2014 used BRZ prices are amazingly low right now. If you're not too concerned about speed or interior space for having more than one other person in the car with you then I'd say pull the trigger.

>Buying new is kind of a meme

>Free or capped price servicing
>Warranty
>Support from dealership
>Meme

>not taking care of your own car
>having to fight with the dealership at every period in the paperwork so they don't rip you off

Dude, being a good car salesman is literally about how much extra money you can take out of dumb rednecks' pockets. I'm not saying that car dealerships are evil, but they're made to prey on stupid people. Unfortunately, most people don't know or care enough about cars these days to just buy something themselves.

Its a shitty car that handles wells but is painfully slow, you would be boring 90% out of the time unless you go to some awesome roads regularly, and then again, you'll have tons of fun in almost any car.

Do yourself a favor and use that money to buy a cheap v6 2011-2014 Mustang with the performance package, is faster and better in almost everyway.

>buying a mustang
>V6

Ew, Americans never cease to amazing and disgust me

Enjoy your shitbox wanka, V6 mustangs are pretty good nowadays.

Would rather my V8 commo, better looking too

That car looks like one of those generic cars in Saints Row desu, Ford Falcon looks way better.

Anyways, are you guys able to buy Mustangs in Australia?

Yeah we get them

2.3L 4cyl turbo for around $45,000aud (not sure what that is in usd)

And the 5L V8 cost $10k more at around $50,000aud

No doubt it varies state by state and shit like that though I'd imagine

>not taking care of your own car

Cars these days are too complex and software based to effectively take care of on your own anyway. Not to mention that if you want to resell it later on down the track people won't touch it with a barge pole if the service log hasn't been signed by a dealership.

pretty hype for 2017 gt86 this fall. Yeah it's pretty much the same thing with some new bits but still looking forward to it.

The new engine internals are something to be excited about. Just makes it easier to get bigger gains later.

dude, those can't even turn.

Not sure if toyota has an i6 in tge parts bin

I just wish the toyota version didn't gave this neutered boxer engine, a parts bin i4 or v6 would've been fantastic

Pic related familia, mustangs can turn since 2011.

Fuck that, I'll be better to just LSWap the engine.

read the text m8
being better handling than a hyundai isn't much

>Feel =/= Being able to turn

The body rolls but the tires stay firm, you feel you are going to die but the car doesn't have trouble taking those turns.

so it's not really a sack of wet shite, it just feels like it?
got it.

Basically, body rolls all over the place, but the turning is tight.
You can fix the body roll tough.

Go for the performance package one, night and day difference when turning.