Parking enforcement

How does Veeky Forums deal with parking enforcement, tickets, boots, tows, etc.?
Inb4 I m white

Pic related, got the boot off my van in my uni's parking lot

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonpost.com/news/true-crime/wp/2016/04/07/after-fairfax-police-ticket-cars-awaiting-state-inspection-va-passes-law-banning-it/
forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?3880087-So-my-Audi-got-booted-and-this-is-what-I-m-going-to-do-about-it-discuss
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

bump

I've seen jeep dudes just pull their spare off or run large enough tires to prevent attachment of a boot altogether

But parking enforcement throws multiple on lmao

walk everywhere

What is the purpose of these boots? Like if you park illegally, isn't it kinda dumb to have an immoblized car booted there for however long?

Do they lock with a key? If so it's pretty easy to pick open regular ass pin-tumblers and trivial if it's a warded lock. If it's anything that requires a tool or key to open, there is a way to bypass it.

Anyways, it's easy to prevent a car from being towed, place the drive wheels toward a wall or tree, lock the wheels to the extreme left, parking brake and put it in gear, They have to drag your shitbox onto a wrecker to move it, regular tow truck wont, and it can buy you time.

>Like if you park illegally, isn't it kinda dumb to have an immoblized car booted there for however long?
It's to generate money. Like most traffic infractions it's seldom rooted in rational theory.

last car i had was almost tucking the wheel into the wheel well, couldnt get your fingers in there let alone a clamp. i came up to the enforcers trying to slip one on, just got in the car and drove off with them still kneeling down next to it.

>5 over? $300

Cops need to stick to ghettos not my bumper

Town drivers don't give a shit about your car. You're responsible for any damages. I once saw one pulling a truck backwards, bouncing on one turned wheel at 50mph.

Im the parking enforcer...
>1st warning you get a sticker
>No 2nd warning... Car gets towed on strike 2

>isn't it kinda dumb to have
>an immoblized car booted there
of course it is, but this is a
procedure devised by politicians,
so we should expect "dumb"

Serious question-

Vandalism is defined (legally) as "anything that costs money to restore to its original state" - this is to cover things such as people putting stickers on stop signs, graffiti vandalism, people removing material from something, etc.

My girlfriend got a similar sticker on her car from a private company in a parking garage that took a long time, and $6 worth of gunk-off to remove.

Is it seriously legal to "vandalize" people's cars with those stickers?

>You're responsible for any damages.
This is not true for either private or city towing. But it's sure a great line for a tow company to tell stupid people so they don't get filed on.

Though it might be different in the state you live in.

Short answer: Yes

Long answer: It's not a large enough sum of money to be recognized in the legal system.

The boot is for cars with overdue parking violations. The goal is to prevent the owner from driver his or her vehicle while they're past due. Once they pay off the fines, it'll be released.

It's also illegal to be driving the vehicle while it's marked with a boot, but varies upon municipalities on whether it's an arrestable offense or not.

I think the whole system is rigged, but then again, I stopped driving like a mad cunt.

she in all likelyhood agreed to it when she paid/entered the premises. you park your car somewhere illegally/too long and it might get towed or get a wheel lock, so whats the difference.

I dont park illegally.

I'm a courier, so I have a little sticker from my city on my windshield that lets me park pretty much anywhere.

Using the carpool lane here is like $481 minimum lol

>Inb4 I m white

Stop acting like a nigger and follow the rules OP

Lol I'm a tow truck driver I'll still grab your shitbox

You know they keep track of you license plate right?

All you did is increase your ticket cost.

You usually don't get a boot for currently parking illegally, 99.9% of the time it is because you have past tickets (of any type) that you didn't pay. The boot is temporary until they can tow and impound your car.

The easiest solution is instead of parking the wrong way, DON'T PARK THE WRONG WAY.

>what is small claims court

IIRC a claim can only be filed in court if it is more than $20 or $25 but, the filing fee is usually $15-$200 so you might get your $6 but you have sunk more than that into your court fees.

can you just tack on the "court costs" as part of the damages?

I have never been cited for a parking violation, but if I was, I would probably pay the fine, unless I was wrongfully cited, in which case I would contest it.

are you dumb? They have to crack down on people parking otherwise people would just park where ever they wanted and it would be a big nuisance

I work for UPS which may as well stand for Unlimited Parking Spaces

depends on the municipality, and how well you can convince the judge that the guy you are suing is a bigger asshole than you
a local college ended up having to pay something like 5 grand to a buddy of mine once because one of their security guys put a sticker over his little weeb graphic and they couldn't prove that all the scratches weren't caused by the sticker, and the attempted removal

Right, they definitely care about how people park. It's not a cash cow for making an exorbitant amount of money at all.

washingtonpost.com/news/true-crime/wp/2016/04/07/after-fairfax-police-ticket-cars-awaiting-state-inspection-va-passes-law-banning-it/

this, get a fucking small bike and roll around the faggot metermaids

i live near SF, i never bring my car into SF unless i'm picking up something specific that i can't take with me on public transit, best way to avoid, their legal pickpocketing called parking enforcement

Hahahahaha

I truly don't give a shit. I'm not paying the tickets on top of the 10k I pay them a year. It's just the university anyway

Good luck getting your degree with unpaid tickets.

Most universities I know will refuse to give you your degree until you pay overdue tickets and other bullshit
It's a massive scam: my uni has hardly any parking nearby it, so they charge over $1,000 for a pass

Joke's on you faggot. License plate isn't in my name

I'd stick my cart in front of his cart

But the parking pass is dumbass.

Do you really fucking think I bought a parking pass and they just booted me for no reason? Try thinking retard. I'm parking there ILLEGALLY

How should I know where you're parking mommy's van criminal? Can't wait for the thread where you're crying the piece of shit gets towed.
>he has to pay for college
>calling anyone else retarded

This one beach I go to has a tiny parking lot and they like to give me tickets for every possible thing. But the parking enforcement is done by some private company, not the police or the city. I have a couple tickets from a year or two ago that I never paid and I haven't heard shit from them since.

>tfw private company tries to give me a $40 ticket for expired reg sticker
Just fuck off already

Oh maybe where I said in the OP and another post where it was at my university.
Ain't mommy's van buddy, it's deceased uncle's. You're just mad because you're not smart enough to get away with breaking petty laws.

BTFO RETARD

Yeah, private companies can't enforce anything outside of their own lot

>there aren't different parking lots at colleges
>mad you didn't get a full scholarship to a private college and have to drive a faggot van that isn't even yours
Have fun being a nigger.

>Like they hire different enforcement companies for every parking lot

Yeah right, I told you to git gud and you still haven't even gotten OK.

>breaking laws
>felony damage to property
>bragging about it on social media
Yeah, brilliant.

Felony damage?
>Tries to make me feel bad with bullshit
>Doesn't
>Looks like a cuck

No, niggers are usually fairly guilt-free with their crimes.
>thinking a parking boot doesn't cost anything
>thinking they don't have the info of the vehicle and are now watching for who is driving it
Your delusion is comical.

I'm sure the university is watching for it, but I'm just not going to park there anymore. I have it on good authority that they don't share any info with the actual police

inb4 I parked there because it's much less of a walk than anywhere else

also you don't know anything about anything

>What is the purpose of these boots? Like if you park illegally, isn't it kinda dumb to have an immoblized car booted there for however long?

In my city, they just write tickets for NORMAL illegally parked cars. But when entering your plate and VIN number, the tablet says you have UNPAID tickets or are a scofflaw (more than 5 unpaid tickets or tickets over 6 months), then they will boot you right there. After all, scofflaws have a hit and run type mindset.

>I have it on good authority that they don't share any info with the actual police
My university police are all deputized, so the jokes on you. It's just that their jurisdiction is the campus. But since the university has far flung centers across the city, you will see university campus police driving across the city on occasion since they also perform physical checks of buildings and parking lots elsewhere or go to handle a request.

by not fucking parking in stupid places

are you faggots so fucking lazy that you would rather risk parking somewhere close and hoping you don't get ticketed than going somewhere a bit farther off

why the fuck do people who do retarded shit willingly get mad when they get called it

>b-but I'm not being jewed by buying a pass
>they won't find me

two days later

>this faggot cop started hassling me about why I didn't park somewhere legally
>I'm not paying this $40 fine

That's lewd.

In my homeowner's association there is no street parking from midnight to 6am, period

Bunch of tow trucks roll in on the stroke of 12, they used to tow right away, now they boot, 2 boots per car, chain connects boots, there is a GPS in the boot

If you don't call to have it removed by noon, they come in and tow it away

$300 to remove the boots, they photograph, timestamp and GPS each car, send the info right away to the board and management company, association gets 50% of the fee, towing costs $1000 and is 15 miles from our neighborhood, they also call the police when the boot and when they tow

Happens every weekend, we have 600 homes, everyone signs the agreement when you buy, no homes are allowed to rent, signs on the four entrance and exit gates, signs on every light pole and stop sign

Everyone has a three car garage and every driveway can fit 6 cars, driveway cars have to be running and registered or they can tow them also, no motorhomes or trailers/boats except to load/unload, watched a couple of weeks ago as they towed away a bus sized motorhome, dude was pissed

If you bust off the boot, they will sue and put a lean on the house

Even during the economic collapse this neighborhood kept it's value, got 6 parks, community center, pool, security, people bring there kids into the area for Halloween to trick or treat, it's required to decorate and do lights at Christmas

Parents love it, when I finish college I will split, way to quite at night

But I do love hearing those diesel tow trucks creeping up the street each night, you know that have found their prey when the idle ramps up

this is why people don't like HOAs

also:
forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?3880087-So-my-Audi-got-booted-and-this-is-what-I-m-going-to-do-about-it-discuss

"Enforcer" here.
The requirement for criminal prosecution is malice.

Just as there is no malice when a firefighter breaks out the windows of a car in order to access a fire hydrant, or when they break out the windows of a burning building or cut holes in the roof to vent it. In actuality they are serving the greater good.

All I am doing is notifying them they were illegally parked. No malice. The sticker is just the best, safest way to communicate this message. What if it was raining, or windy... You need to be sure they recieve the message.

>Wanted to post a pic of a sticker but I didn't get the chance to today... so I'll post something rlse work related...

Was meant for

Stancefags win again

Absolute bullshit. If I didn't request the tow, the towing company is absolutely responsible for all damages. Stop being dumb.

No it's not. I mean no "malice" when I paint a dick in a bathroom stall, I just want people to see a dick. Urban art something something.

It's okay for firefighters etc to damage property to prevent loss of life. You are not preventing loss of life. You're a parking maid.

In my city, tickets are printed, then put in this ziploc bag thingy and put under the wiper. That's the proper way to do it.

Ya and a sticker on the window does no damages to the vehicle, get over it faggot and learn to park

>leaning on cars in jackets/uniforms/etc. is the proper way
>but a sticker is going to damage something

yeah in my town they lean on the cars nude

That's a little overboard. But I'm sure your parents are rich and everybody in the neighborhood is willing to abide by any rule that will keep colored people out.

My old city, you couldn't park in the street between 2am and 6am. Used to be a $15 ticket so no big deal if I forgot my car in the street. Then $30, $45, and I think it's $60 now. It was mostly annoying because it was erratically enforced. I could forget to pull my car up every night for 2 months and not get a ticket. Then they get a new rookie on night patrol and if the car is still in the street at 2:01am, you have a ticket.

>Everyone has a three car garage and every driveway can fit 6 cars, driveway cars have to be running and registered or they can tow them also, no motorhomes or trailers/boats except to load/unload, watched a couple of weeks ago as they towed away a bus sized motorhome, dude was pissed
that sounds like trespassing

Got an $80 late fee on a parking spot in the city. Apparently the violation was "documented" but it's gone unpaid with no further contact.

Well that's the thing...
I don't go to your university.

They signed their rights away when they bought the house.

I know a place that straight up puts a concrete barrier in front of your truck. If you don't pay their shitty 5 dollar parking fee just to run in and get subway they fuck you and charge you 500 bucks. I'll never go there again because they're such faggots. Tullo truck stop in Kearny NJ.

Ooh I hate parking fags. In my town you need to put a little placard up to show that you can park in the "zone". It's just to show that only residents are taking up the extremely overpopulated parking spaces. Some faggot goes around looking for the placards and every once and a while I will forget to put mine up and he'll ticket me. I know he knows my fucking car because I have the only shitbox that ls unique in the sea of camrys, mexivans, and kias. When I find where that faggot lives I'm gonna rip a hektic skid and let the mustang do the rest and crash into his house.

why are you flying an American flag in Austrailia?

>Buy boot
>Go to the tow truck company that boots the cars
>Boot their trucks
>???
>Profit

>Boot truck
>superglue lock

>How does Veeky Forums deal with parking enforcement, tickets, boots, tows, etc.?
i dont break the law like a dumb poor nigger

Quite simply, I don't park anywhere that isn't free if I can avoid it.

If I can't avoid it, I just pay for the damn parking like a big boy.

Buy a lockpick set for ten bucks. The pins in these locks are usually worn to shit, so with a little practice you can get them off in under a minute.

Im actually interested to see what would happen if that was possible. Thats shopped, but if you actually had a tank sized boot I dont know whether it would de-track it or just get shredded by the enormous torque.

I'm a property manager and I hate HoA's. In fact the only reason I do a job that I hate every day is so I can drive my subaru.

Isn't that some shit? The management company hates HoA's just as much as you rational folk. The only thing worse than an HoA is a board member or "general member" who is retired.