>not realising why Euro trucks are all cabovers

44 TONNES

T
O
N
N
E
S

Can somebody explain the reasoning behind having 10 feet of hood covering your view when it's clearly not necessary?

Large country, long straight roads, wide roads, no narrow corners.

Americucks dont need the advanced and maneuverable trucks we got in the EU. Only big dumb powertrains rolling coal into cancerous americuck lungs.

>Large country, long straight roads, wide roads, no narrow corners.
but that doesn't make sense, even if you want to make an argument about american truckers having to drive for longer periods and having to live inside their trucks, a cab over still makes more sense because there is more space for the trucker to live in, if both the regular truck and the cab-over have a similar wheelbase

you are less likely to die if you crash it

eurotruck is more powerful

Looks quite comfy desu

>don't talk to me or my wife's son ever again

>similar wheelbase
try driving an peterbilt through european cities. Not gonna happen.

>44 TONNES

You must be a britbong. Here it's 60 metric tonnes. However

>be me, own one-axle scale
>truck comes to deliver, let's weigh
>94 tonnes
>driver comment "I'll probably carry a little less next time, would've been expensive if I got caught with this"

It's because:

1. In europoor, the entire length of the vehicle is regulated, while in Amerifat it's just the trailer.

2. This means that a traditional truck is more popular as they are easier to work on (you don't have to move the entire cabin to get to the engine) and more stable, as they are both more aerodynamic and shorter.

3. There is also more space in 'murica which allows for the traditional truck to be just as practical as a COE.

4. COEs are ugly, traditional trucks are slightly less ugly.

>there are no laws prohibiting trucks from driving in the residential and commercial areas in his city

>implying you don't get stray eastern block truckers stuck in those areas all the time anyway

its worse
>implying truckers even respect those laws
>mfw my whole house shakes everytime a trucks goes through a speedbump at full speed

Cabovers work well here when you're pulling more than just a trailer.

that flag looks so tacky

it's not like the commercial area is gonan get supplied by cars.

Not sure why I'm laughing but I do. I live on a country estate so none of those probs here but there's plenty of other magical faggots instead, like timber trucks.

>lithuanian faggot drove fullsize combination 3 miles into the woods on the wrong gravel road, really deep ditches on both sides
>stuck at a dead end, completely useless at reversing
>mfw they had to call another guy to come and back his shit out of there

Agreed, the US trucks look much better, we used to have a lot of Scania 143 H on the roads back in the days, never see them nowadays, they looked really good.

youtube.com/watch?v=2M2iExeztMM
Amerifat truck can't do burnouts
.E
..U
...R
....O

Ah, first of all, America invented the burnout truck...
youtube.com/watch?v=04jVfA-1cHA
Then Ausfaggots perfected the American burnout truck.
youtube.com/watch?v=7u7Zt5Xos9o

America truck best truck

Best at low power/torque per liter?
If you want a good truck you want a Scania or a Volvo.

>muh hp/l
nice meme

>Same HP as the US trucks, but with more power and torque
Yes, HP/Liter matters.

>same hp but with more power

German rapemachine

Same liter perhaps?
Still true though, Euro trucks have way more power than US trucks, they are also smaller haul more and doesn't chug down as much diesel as the US truck does.
the only part where US trucks win is the size of the truck itself.

Can agree with this.
Our trucks are hilariously inefficient, but American trucks are way better looking though.

id love to swap some trucks from the us to eu and back. would get pretty funny looks i guess.

American trucks are designed that way for aerodynamic reasons. Freightliner is currently working on a truck that can get 10 mpg with 80,000lbs behind it.

>Mercedes
Don't worry,if you get stuck in that mud with your fancy vehicle, my Tatra will help you
youtu.be/xkCGOnlhQr0?t=12s

>pointy is more aerodynamic

>HP/Liter matters
why?

>flat brick wall is more aerodynamic

They're ugly and no one really cares about how efficient they are.

But there is absolutely no incentive to make US trucks more efficient (asides from the economical aspect, which for some reason no one cares about). So it's not so odd that the European ones are better. They are simply forced into it.

Wrong. If you crash it, the engine will crush your legs (or more).

when will they realize they don't need to put the engine in front the cabin

> aerodynamic
> Big flat nose
You clearly have no idea of what aerodynamics is.

how about mean time between failure
I just assume that crude American trucks would require less repair owing to big and simple parts

COE's are less aerodynamic, and ride shittier, at least the older ones did before they went to suspended cabs.
Also to do any maintenance you have to tilt the cab and your shit goes everywhere which is a pain in the ass.

i feel like the truck on the right could drive through the truck on the left and take no damage
kenworthstronk

>implying Australian trucks are their own thing, and not just locally assembled American ones.

Ride, and more importantly maintenance are why COE's fell out of favor in the US once overall length restrictions were extended out to irrelevancy.

>10mpg
lol what year am i in

>More space
Not on the US style cabovers

that's really good for a heavy truck

>no one really cares about how efficient they are
Do you have any idea how expensive fuel is in Europe? Yuro truck makers started getting interested in efficiency quite a while ago.

>Murrican still haven't learned how to make flat-floored COEs
To be completely fair though, maintenance would be horrendous I guess. It's enough of a bother to secure everything in a standard yurotruck cab before tilting it open to access the engine. I guess it would be a nightmare with those huge US studio sleepers.

Is there any authoritative source for the aero efficiency of both designs? Wiki doesn't have any cites.

Hi. Is this the new truckerfag thread? Thanks.

Actually, that'd be correct. The US and Australian Kenworth lineup has very little, if anything at all in common.

For example

>it's a sneaker