/wtg/ - War Thunder General

Recon Planes When Edition

>Official Site:
warthunder.com/

NOTE: You get given a premium aircraft for your first victory in game!
Need a faster download? Switch Language in Launcher.

>Wiki with Release Trees and General Tactics:
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php

>Fan created skins, missions, locations, fictions etc...
live.warthunder.com/ (Warning! Pure weeaboo and horsefucker autism abound)

>Ammunition Types
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php?title=Category:Ammunition

>All the Air RB/SB maneuvers you would want to know + Engine thingamabobs:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=200974026

>Every Airplane Instrument Panel translated
mediafire.com/view/q4nybrogygdchdb/ND's_aircraft_reference_guide.pdf

>Youtube Channel with Tutorials and Gameplay Videos
youtube.com/user/galahadgawain/playlists

>Joystick Comparisons:
xbitlabs.com/articles/multimedia/display/joystick-roundup_8.html

>DIY Headtracking
pcgamer.com/how-to-build-your-own-ir-head-tracker/
ebay.com/itm/161710468074

>Chart displaying weapon effectiveness against ground units
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1H1_cSnYKSKbU6Giql2bMDdFoXefeq6ENWuvjQbtquMs

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fieseler_Fi_156
youtube.com/watch?v=NTvikkW9Cmk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Recon Planes When
When Gaijin puts swastikas on the German team and replaces the Hammer and Sickle on the Bolshevik team with a star.

>BF109 E-3/E-4/E7 all have the same BR

Why would I play anything besides the E-7?
The performance is just way better.

REAL NEW BREAD WITHOUT CANCER MEME OP

>Uhu best turnfighter in the game
>Gets bomber spawn because it can carry 4x50kgs

I'm enjoying swooping on niggers with my premium ezmode plane

>FOR FREE nigger brigade deletes the real general
>leaves this cancer up to fester

>quad main gun
That looks cool

>being this autistic over a picture of a plane

The E-7 and E-4 perform exactly the same. Still no reason to play anything but the E-7.

>hordes of T-34-85 flooding through borders
>nothing but Chaffees, 37 mm anti-tank guns and Bazookas to stop them
>shit gets so real they pull Pershings off monuments in Americans bases in Japan, make their engines work again and ship them to Korea.
>more Pershings was lost to nigger-rigged engines than to enemy fire.

what gets him so worked up anyway? Isn't that just Fieseler's recon/courier plane?

Seeing a Hakenkreuz gets him so emotionally worked up, it's sad

anyone wanna squid in tonks? Tired of being the only person with situational awareness and trying to haul a shit team.

I think he just spergs out when someone makes a thread with a plane in the OP.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fieseler_Fi_156
>A Storch was the victim of the last dog fight on the Western Front and another was downed by a direct Allied counterpart of the Storch, an L-4 Grasshopper, the military version of the well-known American Piper J-3 Cub civilian training and sport aircraft. The pilot and co-pilot of the L-4, lieutenants Duane Francis and Bill Martin, opened fire on the Storch with their .45 caliber pistols, forcing the German air crew to land and surrender.

They thought the M24 would be great for korea's small shitty roads and mountainous terrain and take that mobility advantage to stop the T-34s.

The storch was a neato plane. STOL planes are cool as fuck. I love the An-2 as well, that's a cool plane.

This is making me want to buy X-Plane and fly around in the mountains in an Fi-156.

Fuck ships
Infantry when?
youtube.com/watch?v=NTvikkW9Cmk

>American and German pilots shooting each other with handguns
>air battles of WW2 end in same manner as WW1 air battles began

>Most ally tanks designed to counter the Tiger tank have BRs lower than the Tiger tank

>Red Orchestra 2 has Fi-156 spotter planes
>RO2, as arcadey as it is, is a better representation of WW1 than BF1

dumb frogposter

Hello 76mm Sherman/85mm T-34 user

>complaining about the 76 Sherman
>as a tiger tanker

Aubreykun, is that you?

>ally tanks designed to counter the Tiger
Pershing is above Tiger IIRC.
Firefly, all Brit TDs. M10 and 76mm Rank 3 Shermans don't have HVAP/APDS shells intended to kill heavy tanks.

WT is a mess

tier 3 shermans have HVAP

>Most ally tanks
>Most
>MOST

Only US T3 vehicle with M304 is Hellcat.
Unless you talk about that laughably weak fictional HVAP for short 75 mm.

>M304
M93*

point isn't that they're not lower tier, but they are lower tier, because they have been deliberately crippled.
Germans have APCR since their very first long gun.

That laughably weak 75mm HVAP conveniently has just enough penetration to pierce the front of the Tiger's hull up to 1000m

first 75 mm GE APCR: Marder, BR 2.7
first 75 mm GE APCR on tank: Pz IV F2, 3.3
first 76 mm US APCR: Hellcat, 5.0
first 76 mm US APCR on tank: M4A3(76)W, 5.3
first 17pdr UK APDS on tank: Comet, 5.3
first 17pdr UK APDS with full power gun: Challenger, 5.7

Do you just sit pointing straight at enemy tanks, you fucking retard?

GRORY TO THE EMPEROR

...on stats card

Once upon a time 75mm shermans had to flank Tigers because they couldn't frontally pen them.

Gaijin gave them APCR and they don't have to anymore, you fucking retard.

APCR has laughable performance versus angled surfaces
just angle

so basically get ammo only when they're high enough to run into Tigers.
Tanks with no ammo can run into Tigers as well, when uptiered, but beign uptiered always suck either way

>That fucking fly boat

Can it even be stopped?

Good fuck god you are actually sitting right in front of Shermans face on

You are the reason the average tiger driver is seen as such a shitter

but user

I main US tanks

It is not nearly as good as when I bought it a while ago=(

yep, that's definitely why you're COMPLAINING about SHERMANS from the perspective of a TIGER driver

at least try and make yourself barely believable?

>5x20mm turrets

It cannot be stopped

You got me confused with someone else jackass
The 75mm APCR isn't laughably weak, I was defending it not complaining about it.

>3v1
>in my trusty Tu-4
>all of them attack one at a time and from behind

>whinemacht at it again

>APCR and APDS have the same bounce chance and penetration calculation

>wow guys it can just barely pen the tigers completely flat armour
>ignore the fact that it's completely useless if the tiger is even slightly angled, it's totally a fair matchup against them with this apcr!

You're even more retarded than I originally thought then

>sudden influx of 5.3 KV-220
>Allies and Krauts getting rolfstomped in almost every battle
Best time to use those golden wagers, befire they get BR increased. Only real risk is that battle will end before you get 3 kills.

>giving the nazishitters (you)s
just stop

>Have no Russian tanks unlocked past tier 2 because I haven't played Russian tanks since the first week of ground forces

>Got the free Russian Panther from the event that I forgot about

It is time

Now you are just exaggerating desu

I don't know if this is the point of the post, but that's incorrect and easily proven
APCR fired from the T25 has 260mm pen @ 100m on paper but can't (on flat ground) pen a Tiger II LFP
APDS fired from the T92 has 231mm pen @ 100m on paper and can

when spotting becomes a reliable mechanic so never

I see where the Tiger shitter meme comes from. Even if there are retards on every side

>Take up defensive angled position while looking at a point
>Friendly Tiger H1 drives in front of me and parks in front of me
>Doesn't even angle
>Gets murdered by a Kv-220

Fuck those Kv-220 bounce houses

>tank drowns

>locked out for 5 mins

What did the game mean by that?

>people whining about the KV-220
ebic
I'm kinda mad I didn't get it, I just thought it'd be another KV-85

It is a KV-85

With more armor with a big angled turret.

>ebic

No, fuck that tank

>Shoot it in side, damages fuel tank and nothing else
>Shoot it in side again, bounces

if you can't easily kill a tank with the exceptions of a hull down chieftain or IT-1, T-10M, Tiger II (H), or Maus at long range, you're just a shitter

can i still get the uhu if i pay up my sheckels? how do i know how many more i need to buy?

Go to the summer achievements and count how many you need

I think Today is the last day to get them

>Ignores two of my shots
>And i'm the shitter

I'm figuring the only reason you're defending it is because you're a slav shitter, despite naming KTH and Maus to try to convince me otherwise.

everyone here agrees that high BRs are totally fucked up right? particularly in ground battles

yes, lots of tanks are just glass cannons, no balance at all.

>ignores two of my shots
because they were obviously terribly placed you fucking mongol
also add the JT to that list, fuck that tank, and fuck the fact that gaijin STILL hasn't fucking fixed it giving me fatal errors.

sometimes my team gets literally obliterated after 20 seconds of battle just because we had the worse tanks

High and low tiers are both fucked. Banshee vs MiG-15bis and I-15bis vs kittyhawk are both pretty painful.

clap+teeb team?

They made a mistake going as far with the tech in tanks as they did. WoT started doing a similar full retard move with X Mediums and TDs. Game should've capped off around the IS-2 1944, Tiger II H, etc. By the time you get to post-war APDS and HEAT, armor stops mattering for many years to come until composites, ERA, and the like refresh it. Instead we're stuck in a weird period of RHA tanks with no more than 200-300mm effective armor firing 320-600mm pen HEAT and 250-400mm pen APDS at one another.

They could fix it partially by spreading tanks to 9.0BR and shuffling stuff around from about 5.7-6.0 upwards, since the balance below that is -mostly- alright.

what is teeb? I only play as Germany or USSR, I don't want to think what it'd be if I played USA/UK

It must be suffering(although some UK tanks are pretty unbalanced, such as Black Prince)

WT's ammo is a mess because they both do and do not allow tanks to have post-service ammo.

And then they do weird shit like altering tanks (IS-2 1944 becomes basically IS-2M with the new ammo) and adding in niche ammos just to satiate shitty players (T-44 APCR) or fix bad battle ratings (M4 75 APCR.)

Tanks are fucked up before BR 7.0. The British post-war tanks fighting against WW2 tanks makes this shit unbalanced way before that.

>The M4 getting shitty APCR fixed it's BR

Chieftain never gets downtiered at all and faces only post-war tanks.

Conway and Conq are a joke of tanks if you actually have trouble with them in your fantasy Panther II and Tiger II that shouldn't even eb in the game

Power creep + gaijins refusal to reduce the 1+/- BR spread causes high tiers to be a clusterfuck

I'd actually bother playing tier 5 if they made the MM more balanced

They've done an alright-ish job. British tanks have an issue from about the Comet onward because of laser beam APDS and 20 pounder machine guns. Bong's lack of HE filler doesn't matter much if he just slices your gunner and repeatedly pokes you to death with a needle.

I just replayed basically every sub 7.0 tank in the game getting the new crew replenishments. (Most) everything can fight (most) everything else effectively until you hit about 4.7-5.7BR tanks.

Then the game devolves into "durr dey have da bettur tanks" and you're just TWELVE kinds of fucked if you can't even play the "shoot da weeksposs" game to survive. Or you get weird shit like the Jagdtiger being a slow piece of shit before time-travelers obliterate it through the faceplate.

chief gets downtiered all the time in arcade.

It normal one works just fine without it for me, but the Jumbo's been fucked for months.

Playing 6.7+ Arcade is basically playing a version of World of Tanks where everyone has walhacks and it's "Man with the Golden Gun" mode. Don't do that to yourself.

>arcade

if you're playing arcade for anythign but fast rp gain you are a shitter

Any tips on the other 109 K4?

I'm talking about Comet and others from similar BR. I never got further than that, I'm still in BR 6.0(T-34 85. IS-1, both suck tbqh) and in Germany Tiger I H1 and E. I have no Panthers yet.

Maybe I'm just stuck with the bad tanks of my BR, but IS-2 always destroy me when I'm playing as Germany, and Tiger II are almost impossible to kill when playing as the USSR

Comet isn't post war

Ground pound to spade, once you're spaded it's fun.

well it's very late war

so is the pershing you ape

A mate of mine gave me his old DK1 Rift because he was bored of it. Any idea if it works with the current version of WT?

I realise it won't be ideal to actually play with but I figure it might be fun just to take a few test flights with it.

Comet is an issue because it gets APDS and has a good turret face. Anything next to it is still solid shot. Anything above is APDS tier.

IS-1 is mediocre.
T-34-85 is god-tier, you haven't learned it yet.

H1 is good unless it's straight up 6.7 or you see IS-2s. E is just H1 with a worse BR and APCR.

To fight IS-2s as Germany, bait shots for 20~ sec grace period, lower glacis from front. Front is mostly short-88 immune outside pissing distance, but weak to long-88. Long-75 can also eat hull. From sides, aim between treads near turret. IS-2 44's turret is way more buggy, don't get cheeky just because you're comfortable killing normal IS-2's from the front.

Fight Tiger II's as Russia - they're frontally 85 immune unless it's a II P, then you can hit directly beside the gun to pen. Toss-up outside pissing distance. Lower glacis isn't a safe bet with the 100 and 122 unless you're actually under them; both those guns can go through the P and H's faceplate though. Best thing to do is either take out their tread or barrel, and flank. II H is basically the best 6.7 in the game and I have no idea why the II P went to 6.3 so keep lube on hand because they're easy-modo tanks. Sides are 80mm all around and weak as fuck. Aim directly under the turret to chance the ammo rack and nuke the turret. Follow up at driver to finish them, usually - even with 85. I found them easy in a T-44 pre-magic-APCR as long as you didn't get caught having to fight a II H frontally.

Yep it does. Loads of fun to test flight with.

The fuck kind of argument is that?
>The British post-war tanks fighting against WW2 tanks
>Comet isn't postwar
>b-b-but it's late war

so is Tiger II

Your argument is retarded and you should feel retarded.

>Gaijin is going to put in ships before they put in Jap tanks

Remember when this was just a meme?
Is Gaijin addressing this or are they just being silent and hope the peasants don't complain?

pretty much all tigers were sent to the east front, why are brits and americans even forced to face them?

Why the fuck would they put in jap tanks
fucking weebs

fuck off you dumb weeb, literally no one but you stinky basement dwellers care about nip tanks

T-34 85 DT or whatever it is called was OP for me

But when I researched the other T-34 85, I started losing every battle. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but this tank is always destroyed. It's like if it didn't have any armor. This tank is a giant weak spot, only the front of the turret has decent armor.

Also yes it's very fast and all, but so what? You still have a very hard time piercing enemy tanks of similar BR.

Literally the first combat engagement Tiger IIs participated in was against British forces.

i'm a weeb basement dweller and i don't care about jap tanks