/edg&scg/ - Elite:Dangerous and Star Citizen General №18

Old: >What is this?

Merge general of Elite Dangerous and Star Citizen

>Elite: Dangerous information pastebin. Update as needed.
pastebin.com/ZT9GWmaC

Gamescom info:
community.elitedangerous.com/eventseason16
heise.de/newsticker/bilderstrecke/bilderstrecke_3298445.html?back=3298273
gamestar.hu/gamescom/elite-dangerous-horizons-2-2-guardians-update-gamescom-2016-frissites-ujdonsagok-215519.html
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos
Thargoid reveal TODAY

-----------------------------------------------------------
>Star Citizen information pastebin. Update as needed.
pastebin.com/i1ZNaxaJ

>2.5 is PTU now btw
>Freefly for anyone willing to try

SC has a gamescom Idris booth setup. Details about their event here:
robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15451-Gamescom-2016-Details
Gamescom presentation: youtube.com/watch?v=GucYhhLwIxg

-----------------------------------------------------------
>other games
if it doesn't have a general, come on in. just don't get upset about sharing.
Here's a pastebin with games you can play while waiting for SC to be finished or for E:D to be fun:
pastebin.com/cugkem8w

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/11043565/r
strawpoll.me/11043565
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Best ship.

lol fuk off m8

Make the Galaxy Great Again, vote Terran.

>You will never just sit in the sabre with the hatch open and browse Veeky Forums while docked at olisar
The small cockpit and look of the controls is just really cool.

Welcome to the information station, how may I be of assistance?
Your notoriety is too low, trade restrictions are in effect.

first for dads ruin everything

That's pretty good looking.

>Eve online
new thread please

Man after man

I think

Motion is seconded
It will never be finished because the forumdad's daughter something sickness something for years

(You)

Can we poach sentients?

Once you produce offspring you should be banned from video games

Sorry man, the Xi'an have irresistible eyes and ship designs that make my knees weak. Species traitor for life.

I miss the old X:Terran Conflict and X:Albion Prelude days.

Will FD ever rework their netcode from peer-to-peer to a client-to-server architecture?

delete this

Nice peeing spider.

That reminds me of this little speculative evolution fucker

No? Why the hell would they do that?

just found out about the ''forumdad'' thing. what is it about space sims that attracts so many of these people?

His stubble will overtake his eyes someday. You go dad!

Yes. It's highly illegal, but you can land on developing worlds and murder the shit out of them.

In the 70's-80s, space race, space flight, sci-fi was booming, star wars , trek, just coming out, etc.

Desperation to escape their life into a game that reminds them of their childhood dreams, along with needing the control over the environs of said game, which is lacking in their real life.

And sci-fi books themselves were moving to such things, away from the "big strong spacenavy man saves princess from monsters on monster planet" that dominated back then.

Growing up with star wars and eve online and frontier, the sources of forumdads

>eve online
no, that's too new

>And Eve
m8
That came out in 2003.

Fucking fantastic, hunting for XenoPelt with my Sota Crossbow and energy shotty

what's a "dad"? What does that word mean?

Which means that the forumdads are in their 20s back then, prime age for gaming?

father of a child

>Desperation to escape their life into a game that reminds them of their childhood dreams, along with needing the control over the environs of said game, which is lacking in their real life.

Delete this

The forum dads hate the living shit out of eve

Half of their arguments against any feature they don't like is that it would instantly turn the game into eve if implemented

>tfw we are the next generation of dads
>SC is actively trying to be the next freelancer

You mean in their 30s or 40s

These are people who grew up with the BBC Micro and ZX Spectrum and played Elite in 1984

>SC comes out
>younger people who didn't grow up with other space games will hate it and want to change a lot of things about the game
>we will be telling them to fuck off and that they dont understand the game

So continues the cycle of life.

Have Thargoids been revealed yet?

Forumdads are people who grew up playing the original ELITE in the 80s and want E:D to be nothing more than a HD remake. They hate pvp, believing pvpers to be literal psychopaths in real life, and are the reason we have open/private/solo instead of open and a static offline. They are also the reason nothing improves, as every time someone brings up a useful addition (credit exchange between players, commodity/ship part storage, your ship knowing someone firing on you is wanted without needing to scan them first) they shout that person down, screaming about Chinese goldsellers or that storage would make it less challengIng, or that there's no problem with the bounty/wanted system, you just need to "check your fire".

Holy shit, I can't belive people are upset about instantaneous ship transfer.

Even that Obsidian Dad faggot chimed in with his opinions how it ruins """"immersion""". Why are those dad faggots so hell bent to keep this GAME filled with unnecessary tedium?

FUCK OFF, BRITKEK GENOCIDE WHEN?

I played Elite in 84 or 85.

I still would like to see them implement conveniences that were impossible back then.

>you either die a NEET, or live long enough to see yourself become the forum dad

What about being 19 years old and casually playing these games after work/uni until I grow out of them in my late 20's as I focus on other interests?

Truly awful. Half-assed QoL measures are all but assured thanks to their butthurt.

look at this fucking dad existing in the 80s

>Tfw 54 years old

You whipper snappers don't even understand.

How is that not becoming a dad?

>turn the game into eve

Well...eve IS a shit game, so..

Shut it, Jimmy. Or i will cut your allowance.

Jesus fuck dude like 80% of this image can be omitted, you're not a leddit /v/ screenshotter.

It's not age, it's mindset. We just call them dads because the vast majority are around that age. There are carebears of all ages, but ELITE's seem to be skewed towards middle age.

want my twink ass, daddy?

You're posting on a cambodian anime chat board's vidya game section.

It's already long too late for you to have a sucessfull life. This is the fate we all will achieve.

>becoming a normie

A fast worse than dad.

>grow out of them
dads keep playing these games

B-but I go to london imperial university and study chemistry and have friends

Yeah it's pretty fucking gay
The posts are still funny though

Get off your phone, Sonic.

>dads keep playing these games

lmao no they don't
they grow up during the marriage and childbirth phase then revert to manchildhood as they get older and realize death is imminent
you're thinking of permavirgins which blend in to gaming communities much better because they still act like teens

post sexy ships anons

its literally just the forums, this strawpoll from reddit shows most of the people like it. strawpoll.me/11043565/r

so do I. I'm in Pembridge Hall, where are you?

WHAT DOES IT MEAN

Here's a leddit poll about ship transfer btw.

Dads BTFO. You know what to do.

strawpoll.me/11043565

>I played Elite in 84 or 85.
>I still would like to see them implement conveniences that were impossible back then.
Not sure if it's in the 84 elite but the frontier elite had these giant bulk freighters that I'd love if they'd return to the game.

I'd picture the things being capital ships that jump from station to station heavily affecting prices whenever they're there. Sort of a special event the player can follow.

imperials pls go

Has no one seriously realised yet that this just needs to be overlayed the galactic map from above to be read?

Like fucking christ, you /edg/ guys haven't ever used an Anamorphosis

>ok with it
>don't like it

well that isn't fucking biased at all

who /spaceNEET/

Autism.

It's already been figured out doofus.

Southside halls

And no I'm not going to meetup with a fellow autist from Veeky Forums, just look at any Veeky Forums (or internet) meetup to see how those go

Dads don't mind the transfer, they just want it to take real time to transfer.

>people in the steam discussions getting butthurt about Sothis/Ceos and ignoring any attempt at suggestions to balance things
>NO WE MUST UA BOMB IT

Fags.

Poll is about instant transfer specifically.

I'M JUST WATCHING A YOUTUBE VIDEO GET OUT

Ahh, got it.

I miss the Panther Clipper.

It was slow but took a lot to put down and was fairly well armed.

What if one of you has a feminine penis?

so who killed Brendan Paul Darius' family?

Emporer's Dawn?
Imperial mobs?
some Senator?

Too bad the Eagle Mk2 is garbage without Horizons. It looks so good.

Is elite a worthwile purchase? I enjoyed NMS for like 20 hours or something, but i'm looking for a new game to spend time in.

why must CIG design things I want to actually live in IRL but will have no functional or aesthetic value in game?

I'm not having gay sex with someone because we have star citizen in common, user.

They are going to add the Panther Clipper but it's not going to be XBOX HUGE anymore.

I'm feminine but I don't have a penis

T-that's okay a-user, I would have just given you brownies

Booo.

>Jizz in space.
>Miss your spacesock.
>It flies away, out of your room.

Elite:Dangerous is pretty much the exact opposite of NMS.

NMS is a planet walking simulator with cosmetic ships.

Elite is a space combat/trading simulator with no walking and ships are completely different from each other.

If you liked walking on alien planets, try Solus Project.

Link?

that looks smaller than the fucking keelback

I don't see why people cum in socks instead of snack packets and drinks

yeah but it's usually a complete non sequitur

like if you implement system-wide chat or something suddenly goonswarm will invade and take over half the bubble

I just use tissue and then throw it out, desu.

I enjoyed the trading and resource gathering aspects as much as the planetside shit. Would it be worthwile getting horizons as well as the base game, or is it not really necessary?