The Opel Omega is the Pather of Europe

the Opel Omega is the Pather of Europe

why don't you drive one?

Other urls found in this thread:

topgear.com/car-reviews/cadillac/v-62-4dr-auto/first-drive
cadillac-catera.com
cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-catera-cimarron-forum/137902-catera-known-issues-common-questions-click.html#/forumsite/20562/topics/137902?page=1
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>GM

also
>Europe

Opel is the brand that keeps GM alive 2bh
without Opels ideas and models GM would fucking die

it is made by Opel in Germany so yeah it's european.

What's Pather?
It's a slow car, v6 engines suck, 2.0 is too weak.

crown Victoria platform is the panther platform

They all died years ago.

Are they rwd? What was the biggest engine?
I always liked the omega station wagons

don't forget the BMW inline six diesels

how?

Probably got traded in for Vectras.

yeah they are RWD and they're pretty comfy and cheap, not very fast though
still, for the price I'd rather get a BMW E36 or E34

yes
V6 iirc but is a V8

>LS Omega Wagon never happened

God fucking dammit.

Almost bought one of these, about 5 years back.

what stopped you?

it's not too late my friend.

This plus salted roads caused a lot of rust and nobody likes V6s because they use too much fuel

it's nice
apparently it was the fastest sedan in the 90s, even faster than the E34 M5

>what stopped you?

The only place near me that can service it properly is quite far away. And I would have wanted to keep up the paperwork proper. Went with an E39 M5 instead. Not the worst trade off...

>not LPG conversion
kek

That's a lot of effort for most people, and why go through that much effort when you can just trade your old, shitty, slow, thirsty car in for a brand new model?

LPG conversions literally cost more than the cars are worth. You'd never get your money back.

now you just look like a fucking turk.
damn it user

because >effu effu

Normies (especially Opel buyers) don't give two shits about drivetrain layout. They just want something that gets them from A to B in relative comfort and doesn't break down all the time.

>look like a fucking turk.

>implying they can afford anything beyond an e46 320i

Though, actually, the stereotype seems to have died out.
Wonder what they migrated to, or who replaced them.

Superboss unrelated. Still having it in the back of my mind to import one....

turks drive M5s? Wow, they're well-off

But I do.

Burgers may be more familiar with it under the Cadillac brand, where it's called the Catera.

they moved on to newer Mercedes now

t. Turkish immigrant expert

fucking normies
reeeee

>Normies (Opel buyers)
very true, I myself know at least 3 opel owners who don't know shit about cars and don't even care, they bought them just because they were new-ish
but god damn the build quality on newer opels is fucking terrible, the interiors feel very cheap, and apparently GM is the same?

>Americans

I find it quite funny that the Insignia (among others) is being sold in the US as a Buick (the Regal), which is supposed to be a more premium name.

that's because you live in Latvia or some other post soviet shithole

gas is fucking expensive, after 100 fuel ups you'd have your money back.

I saw a Opel Omega V8 in Norway once. Never knew they came with an LS-1. Ultimate sleeper.

yes

The only GM brand that I've experienced with non-shit interiors has been GMC. Even Cadillac suffers from cheapness in their products.

>Even Cadillac suffers from cheapness in their products.
huh?
topgear.com/car-reviews/cadillac/v-62-4dr-auto/first-drive
>"comparable quality with the European competition in terms of fit, finish and materials."
>"The base CTS is arguably the best-balanced car in the class, with a superbly light and deft touch to the handling and steering."

>somebody said it is, therefore it is true

no, American cars still have cheap shit interiors, and some paid off "review" does not change that

>top gear
>paid off

also
>somebody said it is, therefore it is true
also applies to what you say just so you know.

no, the evidence (that American cars have shit interiors) overrides the words dipshit. And of course top gear is paid off, say bad words about a big companys cars and bye bye review privileges

>the evidence

Where? you just keep repeating yourself. what counts as a "shit" interior can vary from person to person since you obviously disagree with top gear.

>And of course top gear is paid off say bad words about a big companys cars and bye bye review privileges

Which is why they didn't lose review privileges from Ford after they didn't like the 07 GT500 or from GM after the first gen CTS-V? or even from Lexus after they didn't like the RC-F. Clarkson would be the first to drag the whole BBC company down if something was on his mind and he wasn't allowed to say it.

>Which is why they didn't lose review privileges from Ford after they didn't like the 07 GT500 or from GM after the first gen CTS-V? or even from Lexus after they didn't like the RC-F

they allow certain cars to be shit on to give the illusion of credibility.

>Clarkson would be the first to drag the whole BBC company down if something was on his mind and he wasn't allowed to say it.

"no" he's an entertainer and all he did was condoned by the BBC. He plays a character of himself on TV you moron. Of course they knew what was in those programmes and condoned it. Not to mention the distinct separation between the top gear tv show and website/magazine

you americans really are the thickest fucking shitters

>they allow certain cars to be shit on to give the illusion of credibility.

Lets say what you're saying really is true, what about other auto journalist or magazines that praise the interiors of those cars? are they also biased/payed off? its kinda hard to honestly say that everyone who says anything disagreeable is payed off or apart of some grand scheme.

>Not to mention the distinct separation between the top gear tv show and website/magazine

He (or top gear in general) also wrote in an article/magazine negative things about cars like the ZR1 which Clarkson was originally given in the states for the "america road-trip". they gave him another to film the "ZR1 vs Audi R8" comparison. they could've tried suing them for spreading negative information about a newly releasing car like Tesla tried to do. i guess some Manufacturers or thicker skinned than others.

>you americans really are the thickest fucking shitters

Well i do hope you could one day be shown some American hospitality by a friendly american and perhaps you might change your mind one day.

min rusted away ffs most comfy car i ever had and now cant even find any of them

what engine did you have?

because cant afford a lotus omega

3.0 pre facelift remember going always over speed limit didint even feel anything on high speeds best long trip car

did it drift?

autism

Because the Cadillac Catera was the same thing and was built in the same factory, and was the steamingest, most horrible pile of shit ever.

source?

cadillac-catera.com
cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-catera-cimarron-forum/137902-catera-known-issues-common-questions-click.html#/forumsite/20562/topics/137902?page=1

Their non-existence just a decade later.

But really, learn in2 google.

Omegas are alright. well maintained low mileage examples are cheap as fuck.

>in '98 rust protection and build quality was improved to 'average', older Omegas are as awful as anyone thinks they are.
>V6s are shit, thirsty, unreliable and expensive to maintain. Opel had a robust and smooth inline 6, but GM forced them to replace it with the V6 because it also fits in FWD platforms
>4cyls are slow, but reliable and with a 5speed fuel consumption is alright.
>handling isn't a thing really, even with the sports package. but they're comfy.

LS SWAP BRO is not really happening. Opel did a fuckton of engineering to fit the V8 (new crossmember, steering, modified firewall and exhaust manifolds) and then had to abandon everything because the GM 4speed auto (only transmission that would fit) kept overheating at high speed runs.
If they had sold it like that, all the Omega V8s would be broken within two weeks because everyone would go on the autobahn to harras BMWs for the keks

Commodores are very related btw, but the platform was modified further to fit V8s and all sorts of transmissions

But there are 2 liter turbo engines (C20LET and Z20LET for facelift models) that fit really well and have way more potential than the naff V6s

Problem is if you look for a 4cyl 5speed for some cheap and comfy cruising you can get a Mercedes W124 (200 or 230) or a boxy Volvo for the same money, and although they're older they're better cars all around.

opel, the appearance of pure poverty.

but the omega is safer

>opel headquarters
>designing a new car
>guys what should we do with the interior?
>lets make a special latvian spec model with interior made of chink plastic

Yea that sounds right. Where the fuck are you from that you get so butthurt over a latvian namefag?

swiss

>why don't you drive one?

Because
>Opel

why u mad tho? not enough street kredz for your sick vaping buddies?
not enough glamor to impress the gold digging whore you want to wife?

They look shit
They ride shit
They sit shit
They are made shit

I rather drive a Dacia or Lada than a fucking Opel.

Oh hi abdulah

It did, it's called the Holden Commodore.

Salam alaikum

fuck off straya

My parents had two generations of these when I was a kid. The thing was comfy af, never broke and you could load literally anything you wanted into the thing. Also it had, by far, the best gps I ever used.

did you drift

I do