Air Intake's

Thinking of putting an intake on my 1999 eclipse, but I live in ohio with shit teir weather. Cold Air or Short Ram?

cold air intake with a heat shield

does CAI even do anything in a non FI car

You should put that money to a better car.

depends on how shitty the stock design is. knowing Mitsubishi, he might actually see a small increase. mostly it just makes the engine sound meaner up front.

I'm worried about shit getting hydrologged or whatever, lots of rain/snow here. is the CAI worth that much over SRAI

both and do back to back A-B-C-A-B-C dyno tests and see for yourself

>Air Intake's
>hydrologged
OP is an illiterate fuck
some stock air intakes are restrictive, either to purposefully reduce power or because the engineers fucked up

>Cold Air
hydrolock

>Short Ram
heat soak

I'm blind, I just read the braille off my screen. that's why I added or whatever. Either way is that a real issue?

Neither do much besides make noise and help throttle response. Save your shekels for an ECU/PCM upgrade if you want bolt-ons to be worth anything.

The kn intake won't pick up anything the stock one wont

>some stock air intakes are restrictive,

Very few are those, the restriction come from the throttle body, intake manifold and stock tuning.

If you don't change any of that out, to where the car requires more air, it doesn't do any good.

Typically, with an SRI, NA cars consistently lose 1-3 dyno proven hp.

With CAI, you'll gain power on most NA platforms but you have to worry about sucking up water, which if it's installed properly and you aren't too much of a retard shouldn't be too big of a problem.

Don't listen to retards telling you to do an ECU tune prior to bolt ons. On NA cars, a tune without supporting mods does next to nothing.

On FI cars, a tune alone does provide gains but anyone who is not retarded will install bolt ons first and then tune according to bolt ons to get the most out of the supporting mods. Same with NA platforms, install bolt ons first, then tune.

Do research per platform on a dedicated forum, Veeky Forums is a terrible place to ask for advice.

Mostly stock intake wins in all aspects....

Don't forget about the 5lb tumor hanging off known as the resonator.

Unfortunately, I am retarded, and am rather new to wrenching. I went with an AEM SRI because honestly anything is an improvement over the stock cooler, and since it's more of a DD than a track car, I am worried about water. Anything else I might need?

A tune so that intake actually adds horsepower

gotta get every last hp on a 99 eclipse daily driver

Please. Don't make the guy tune his car for an intake alone. It's plain retarded. I know you want to sound like you know shit, but right now you're just regurgitating typical Veeky Forums autism.

99 isn't the best year for EFI on anything, but new shit rarely needs much of a tune, more just time for the computer itself to recognize the changes

Short ram with a custom heat shield you can make for for real cheap

cold air intakes have been proven to have next to no performance gain. don't waste your money.

Not that guy but you can get second-hand tunes, either plug-and-play or specifically tuned to a certain PCM, for pretty cheap, that will actually help an intake do its job. I had one for my old ZX2. $200. Along with a $100 true cold air intake, it definitely made a difference.

AEM came with heat shield, money is not the issue here.