/indie/ Indie and Obscure Games General

Tired user Edition

Last Thread: >What the fuck is this
/indie/ is the general for all indie games, such as LISA, Yume Nikki, OFF, Middens, Underrail, Machinarium, DashBored, Braid, Limbo, Axiom Verge, Guacamelee, The Desolate Hope, Burrito Galaxy,Cookie Clicker, Stardew Valley, etc.

Mobile or consoles, flash or unity, freeware or early access. This place is a home for the indie game community and indie games that don't have a home. So be free to talk and share all your hidden gems, forgotten games and starving devs here.

>Can I talk about games that already have a general?
We mostly discuss games that are not popular enough for their own threads (since they have no other home in Veeky Forums), however, all indie games are allowed. So talk about them if you want, but don't overdo it since you already have other generals for that.

>How can I contribute?
All we need right now is people to talk about their loved indies, so don't be afraid to post, bump and reply your fellow anons. Also we're looking for anons to make new pastebins/wikis/images and update the ones already made. And please give lots of feel, love, kind and nice to everyone, except namefags. And be sure to make a new thread if nobody else does.

>Recommendations
pastebin.com/ZbG0JPSn

>Booru
indiegame.booru.org

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/indiegamesgeneral

Other urls found in this thread:

nearhentai.blogspot.com/?zx=78c20754b55abbf3
store.steampowered.com/app/415920
mega.nz/#!KcBmHChB!Arxt0F2L486JlvFxI_1CNgO4vsYQ8v-hIqbKZSxXKnQ
youtube.com/watch?v=ni6J6O8dRg0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What's an optimal time to get quality sprinklers in Stardew Valley?

So what's indie playing, making, or drawing?

Sorry to ask but what was the sauce of that cropped picture of that misha had last thread?

I'm working on a portfoliounfortunately

Portfolio? Like for what don't mind me asking?

Get it as soon as possible no matter what cost from the hog merchant or wherever else. The time and energy saved watering is more valuable then anything

Based Nearphotison
nearhentai.blogspot.com/?zx=78c20754b55abbf3

Sorry, I probably shouldn't have mentioned it, as I'm not really in a position to say.
It's for a certain job, and it does relate to games and media
also
>don't mind me asking?
It's pretty funny how once your in a general/place long enough, you notice the differences between anons.

Oh sweet, hope it works out for you, unless it involves you making crappy movie-game tie ins or government propaganda games. If that's the case then you have my pity for that's a fate worse than making a FNAF knock off.

I dunno, Kim Jong gave me a pretty good offer

Not trying to be rude to the artist but buddy's anatomy in the pic's a bit wonky.

Eh, he can't do anything anyways so it's no harm then. Just a free paycheck.

What does indie think of Brawlhalla?

yeah her abdomen is fucked

>Buddy r34

Fuck off Bolo

Threadly reminder Undertale is globalist propaganda.

oh hey, dashbored has a wiki
>it's almost completely blank
would anyone want to help fill it

Not as fun as smash imo

To be fair that's kind of an impossible standard for most smaller game to match

I found this in a /v/ thread the other day.
store.steampowered.com/app/415920
It's like an open world Final Fantasy Tactics.
I played for about an hour and thought it was cool, noticed it only had 30+ reviews and they were all positive.
So let's show it some love.

There's a wiki?

I dont really see why not. Smash is just Kirby Super Ultra but 3D. At the very least these indie clones could be as fun as kirby in that older 2D sprite game but they dont come close.

>freeze a river to cross it, or grow seeds into vines to scale mountains!
>Open-ended exploration
So its like a TRPG metroidvania?

Managed to find some older DashBored stuff laying around.

No, Smash is a sumo wrestling platformer fighting video game.

and a real hero

Man the prototype of the original drive game looked odd.

found some even older stuff.
That's nic in the middle

I didn't even know about that movie at the time of making that.
Weirdly enough the director of Drive's name is Nicolas

Here's a real old game that never saw the light of day called SMOKE.
The music was all Nujabes

Oh wow he used to be blond?

>Movie
>playstation cover
David Cage confirmed Driver director.

Oh do you have the files or at the vary least concept art? The main character's sorta cute.

another old game called 'beneath me'

I'm working on moving these old files to my new computer, I'll see if I can upload them.
>concept art
There are but they're all lewds

Do it user, upload it, you know it in your heart it has to be done.

Was the game ever finished though? I vaguely remember seeing some stuff about it on /v/

L I N K T H E L O O D S

Now that's what I call EDGY
Nah, none of these ever got done, or posted on /v/ for that matter

So where was it uploaded to, because I do recall seeing it. Maybe I'm just imagining things.

On that same note, anyone remember that one user who uploaded his sprite to /v/ and it quickly evolved into THICC? Was anything ever achieved after that besides thick sprites?

That sorta looks cool in a sorta silly way actually. Kind of reminds me of something like Castle Crashers or a decent Newgrounds game I never played. Might be the thick, sketchy lines and solid colors.

I think I'm good, their quality has dwindled since it was like two or so years ago.
The funny thing is that the lewd came before the game, a friend told me to 'draw a cute floating ghost girl lewd', and I liked what I made up so I put her in a game

She sorta reminds me of Sucre from off from the little I've seen of her in all honesty. Was she inspired by her or was that a coincidence?

She was almost invariably based on sucre.
I was a big OFF fanboy at the time and really wasn't all that sure as to how I could create good original concepts

What exactly makes you like Off so much don't mind me asking? It would be fair to say it's up there as your favorite or one of your favorite games or RPGs at the very least along with Lisa right?

OFF is still probably one of my favorites, if not my favorites
I think it could be the weirdness.
I discovered OFF at a time when I was surrounded by, for lack of a better word, normies. By 'normies' I mean people who try to shut out any sort of weirdness, who force others to follow their ideals of what is normal and right, or get completely socially ousted. I myself admittedly didn't look to far into things and became socially withdrawn.

The translation of OFF came out and became quickly popular. I found out about it and I quickly fell in love with it. It was so different from my preconceived notions of video games, and had an overall negative view of normalcy, see the elsens. OFF allowed me to find an online community, silly as that sounds, who loved being weird and making things that weren't exactly some sort of COD shooter or summer blockbuster.

OFF is my favorite because it helped me in a time when I felt that I was 'not right'. Rural Virginia isn't really the breeding ground for creativity, after all.

I love LISA, but it never got to me in the same way that OFF did, mainly because I was already more confident in myself when it came out.

Turing Test

mega.nz/#!KcBmHChB!Arxt0F2L486JlvFxI_1CNgO4vsYQ8v-hIqbKZSxXKnQ

That's actually pretty cool honestly. Honestly I kind of wish I found out about off while it was in the height of its popularity, though I'd probably make some really cringy art and stuff and show my class the game like I tried with touhou, which I still despise myself for ever doing and makes me hate myself to my core even now) if I did so that might be a good thing then. With the elsen though I never really thought about it but you're actually kind of right about the fact that they're basically just normal people. In a way though they also are there to criticize complacency and how ignorant people act towards things around them as well, like with that one that died to the ghosts thinking they wouldn't hurt him. I still don't get the point of the giant elsen and their breathing sounds though.

user are you trying to fuck this namefag or what

I think he's just yearning for an actual discussion given how rare one is on /indie/, especially with how dead it is most of the time.

Or maybe he does want to fuck the namefag, whats it to you user? Don't cockblock him user

I'll admit that I have added a bit more to OFF of myself than is actually there, but I do think that the ideas of normalcy and complacency go hand in hand. The elsens (especially of zone 1) are all too worried about being taken out of their 'normal' jobs and life styles that they will forgo their own well being for the sake of staying the same, even though the same is killing them.

I find how games are made, what they were like before finalization, what creator's past works are, and what their inspirations are interesting. Plus this general doesn't normally get a decent discussion since it's dead most of the time.

So I posted about this in the previous thread and after sobering up and trying to install older smapi (as on the mod page it recommends SMAPI 0.39.6 or above. and I so far have tried the newest version and .39.6) I still haven't gotten a single mod to work in Stardew. I just want to make the horse's trough not rusty and to be able to change my clothes, is that too much?

To be fair though adding your own ideas to what you think off is saying is sorta part of the point of the game I think. It's asking to be interpreted after all so it makes sense to do so. I wonder how that sorta plays into the central story of the game though. I get the feeling that in a way the player helping the batter and his quest also sorta ties into the idea of just doing something for the sake of doing it without actually asking what the end goal is until it's too late. I get the feeling that the ending with the judge or batter is there so that the player can decide on whether they truly did the right thing or if they reject their own actions and wish to stop that which they've worked so hard to do, with the judge commenting about how it's too late anyways if I remember correctly. I'm probably getting something wrong though since it's been like a year since I've played it.

Are you hacking into the white house?

I would probably have more success with that than I am trying to get these mods to work.

What was that one obscure game from the last thread that looked like LSD dream emulator?

Thanks obama

Not on my watch.

The batter says that it is too late and the judge agrees with him.
I think that it could be the idea that neither Batter or Judge were completely right.
Batter's solution destroys everything, and Judge's original solution would leave the world to rot, and in the actual events, only saved himself.

Do you guys have any indie or non indie games that you feel passionate about? One's that inspire you and whatnot?

Your OC is kind of qt

I was just going to make a doodle, but, one thing led to another, and, here you go

True, which is funny since from my understanding I think Off was meant to also criticize the idea of a black and white ideology considering it was inspired some by the ideas of manichaeism from what I under.

Oh wow! Thanks!
I've been thinking of bringing her back to make a short game, would you guys be down for that?

KILLING ZACHERIES' GIRL ONCE WASN'T ENOUGH! ONCE FOR EACH MASK!

Oh sure, she's a qt. What's her character like though?

My question from last night didn't get answered, so I hope no one gets mad if I ask again.

Basically, I'm having trouble playing the RPG Maker games like Yume Nikki and .flow, getting a DDError_Unsupported or something along those lines when I try to run it. I googled that specific error and downloaded anotherfullscreenmode, which supposedly fixes the problem. When I use it, though, it just leads to a huge purple screen. How on earth do I fix this?

There wasn't much in the original game, but she was just kinda a fun loving ghost, think spooky but less of and asshole.
What character traits would be good for you guys?

What OS are you using?

hey, this is my first time going through underrail. does anyone have any good builds a starter should try out for their first time?

Windows 7 Home Premium.

Hmm. There shouldn't be any problems with that. This sounds dumb, but have you tried running with different compatibility settings?

We should have more /indie/-tan images!

Well, after checking multiple google results for smapi start up failures I have discovered that I am still fucked.

i want ntg back

Post Nuclear Throne then.

Yeah. I think I figured it out. I guess I was somehow missing a file for afm, and managed to get Yume Nikki working. No luck on .flow, though.

Is update 99 out yet?
I decided to take a break from NT until update 99 came out.
That was months ago.

Is /indie/ the Veeky Forums graveyard?

This video might help, sorry I can't help any other way though.
youtube.com/watch?v=ni6J6O8dRg0

Then why do you want ntg back then?

I'm a different user.

Oh sorry.

ITS THE

I made a sprite, what do you guys think?

cute.

DEAD BODY LOOTING

MUTANT SHOOTIN'

VENUS MOUTHIN'

21ST CENTURY

What's it for? Also cute.

just 4 fun ;)

Sorta reminds me of Yume nikki honestly.

Who's the artist again? I forget what their name was, no offence to them.

Dworven

What would /indie/-tan look like? OP looks pretty generic.

A Frankenstein of characters from /indie/'s favorite games.

She moves really slowly.

So a female joy mutant.

Is Gravity Rush appropriate here or is there another general to talk about it on?

what mod exactly?

Never mind, another issue arose. Random black screen showed up. I can still walk around and interact with the game, I just have absolutely no visuals.