/twg/ - Total War General

>Regiments of Renown
wiki.totalwar.com/w/Regiments_of_Renown

>Call of the Beastmen
store.steampowered.com/app/404012/
gamesdeal.com/total-war-warhammer-call-of-the-beastmen-dlc.html (Cheaper)

>Patch notes
wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_Update_2

>FAQs & General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN

>Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>Total War Warhammer Mods
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

>IS CALL OF THE BEASTMEN WORTH BUYING?
The Beastmen are a cool faction but the pack is a bit overpriced for what you get. There probably won't be a price drop for some time, so if you really like the Beastmen then go ahead, otherwise wait it out.

>OVERCASTING SPELLS
Double click a spell (it needs to be a boostable spell and you need to have enough magic in the magic pool) to overcast the spell
There's a 50% chance that the caster damages itself though!

>QUEST BATTLE TELEPORT
Select your lord (make sure not garrisoned or in a stance)
Select the quest battle (on the map or through quest log)
There's a button in the bottom right of the quest battle window that you can use to teleport for 5k gold (when the battle's finished you're automatically teleported back to your original position)

>GROUP ATTACK
Group units with ctrl + g
Select your group and right click the enemy
All your units move and automatically direct themselves to engage enemies they get close to while maintaining formation

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

OOPS I DID IT AGAIN

Could imagine that feeling? freezing in your armor, frost for breath, waiting for the order to climb that hill?

Learn English.

I want to be dominated by a best elf!

no goblins allowed

oh shit they're coming out after me I had this whole narrative planned out and didn't think they'd do that fuck

Do we have a more complete list for RoR? How will they work and which units will they add?

Also, Brets and Wood Elves when?

Are you the Monstress guy?

G O B L I N S

Historically medieval armies tended to winter in camps and forts and not give battle during winter.

STOP SALLYING FORTH AI REEEEEEE

What will the NEW units in the lord pack be?

Not the RoR.

tomb kangz when

No, that's me

Given how likely Volkmar is I'd say flagellants will be one of the units.

Isn't this actually good?

Don't know yet

I guess

>pol deals with the refugee crisis

Are naval battles going to be a thing before the first standalone or do we have no idea?

Yes.

I guess I need to up the difficulty because they all ran really quickly

so how mean were the Teutons? Like burning every pagan/orthodoxy village they could get their hands on mean, or nah?

Can you imagine being in weather so fucking cold that oil freezes in vehicles and being stuffed full of newspaper in a desperate attempt to keep warm but ending up just freezing to death while standing still?

>naval battles
lol

Yeesh. What a way to go...

Calling it now, the four core factions are each getting a new LL with this update.

Empire:
Volkmar the Grim
>Paid
Flagellants
Grey Wizard
8 Regiments of Renown

Dwarfs:
Unknown Legendary Lord (Kragg the Grim, Grimm Burloksson)
>Paid
8 Regiments of Renown

Vampires:
Zacharias the Everliving (alternate: Krell)
>FLC

Orcs:
Wurrzag Da Great Green Prophet
>FLC

General:
Lore of Shadow

>tfw der Führer will never come and visit you and try and stop you from raising your solid frostbitten arms to heil him

why are winter night battles so comfy?

Grey wizard will be free since a new hero is to be added to the empire roster as part of the FLC.

The first thing Radious mod does to catch people’s eyes is often its distinctive artistic style which utilizes a combination of bizarre machinations, inspired by popular culture and melded into various background objects which all work in conjunction with the vivid palette to surround the viewers in a psychedelic ambience. The real highlight of Radious mod is its focus on characterisation rather than petty lore limitations, the mod shows significant depth and development despite each being developed by a single person.

The mod straddles the line between real and surreal. Far from a superficial attempt establishing a psychological tone, the unique style is appropriate for an investigation of the human psyche where reality intersects perception and imagination. The bizarreness does not move out of line: the unrealistic units and the sincerity of the creator both serve to ground the mod in reality. The human mind can be an alien place, but the problems it may cause are nonetheless real.

Radious mod embodies a concept which drives forward the player and the show’s messages rather than appearing as a realistic character. In psychiatry the source of the cure is always the patient, whereas doctors and drugs merely facilitate the patient’s self-discovery. Operating completely at his own whims and without regard to traditional ethics such as lore and practice, Radious illustrates the importance of personalized and adaptive care instead of systematic approaches on patient treatment, a point that self proclaimed "understanders of strategy" fail to understand.

Others don’t see the world as you do; each person has his or her own struggles and imperfections. Without trying to truly understand and empathise with those around us, we will never see beyond face value. Radious Mod is not just a story about psychiatric professionals and mod critics; it’s a story about each of us struggling with our mind and coming into terms with the world surrounding it.

Dear man-things,

Your warlord, Karl FranzFranz, is very stupid and not very good at backstabbing. Dwarf-things (us) are much better at kill-kill and our breeders are much prettier. You will all squirt the musk of fear once we come down from the hill-hills, led by Thorgrim Grudgebearer, Horned Rat curse his name-name. The only way to stop us is by leaving as much warpstone as ratmanly possible outside of your sewer entrances in every city. We need this to defeat the most potent of potentates, the most illustrous of illustrouses, Grey Seer Thanquol, Horned Rat bless his great name--you would do well to erect monuments to him lest you incur his wrath. He is incredibly furry, handsome, and has a very long tail.

Sincerely,
Dwarf-things

fuck off autist

Genevieve Dieudonné legendary hero when?

Ugh stale pasta...

nigga, at least post it when somebody mentions Radious

women are inferior to men.

Men are inferior to women.

Inferior to goblins

So what's the deal with this character?

Bart's post directly stated that there would only be one flc lord, so you are 100% wrong.

Explain this.

>semen

is this a bug

What do flaggelents do? How will their unit work and change the dynamic of the empire?

Are they just lightly armoured shock infantry, similar to gothic warband?

I think this is a bug

He literally has a pair of balls. Here are the """""women's"""""' 800 meter dash winners

Why, the thought of having a strong woman leading a fleet bugs you?

Speaking of bugs, at least this better than that bug where all your wives turns into sandnigger guys

heh

Women admirals are inferior to male admirals

WOOD
ELVES
FUCKING
WHEN

What post? Also if no Wurrzag this go around then that means Wood Elfs are not coming out any time soon, along with Bretonnia.

Some bit character with little real relevance to the lore.

Women were considered bad luck on ships.

Why would Wurrzag be related to Wood Elfs

Poster want a new vampire waifu he can fap to

This one. Wood Elves are most likely next month, accompanied by a free hero w/ lore of magic, just like the other campaign pack. It's what makes the most sense.

Unbreakable poorly armored fanatics, possibly a decent way to handle armor piercing units and terror

Why were all the Nordic and Germanic men and women black haired? (family portraits, at least)
You'd think they'd add a few blondes or redheads to differentiate them, right? As it is I can't tell them apart from Italians or light skinned north Africans

I mean why not just appropriate some of the female unit models from the spear militia, clean them up a bit, then stick them in a portrait?

They simply looked at modern germans.

>Have that bug where the game won't launch right off of steam again
>God fucking dammit
>Delete all the appdata files except my replays and saves
>Verify Cache
>Game now works
>Tfw when I literally tore my machine apart trying to get it to work the first time round.

Wait what? I thought he meant me.

No, he meant me.

>Poor little hammer guy

Thats what I mean he isn't. So that means Wood Elves are further off than September, since they'll be paired with FLC Bretonnia.

What kind of retard opens his maschine before even confirming the problem?

Its a bug. Those are either Roman/Iranian wife portraits. See the daughter slot in

But I'm the guy who recommended Monstress in this thread. Are you the guy I recommended it to?

>since they'll be paired with FLC Bretonnia.

What are you basing this on? Why wouldn't they release with a hero/lore like the other campaign pack? Why would DLC05 come out months after DLC04 and what do you possibly think is coming in between? Nothing?

I want an Americas Total War set in the early 11th century, and leading up to the spanish invasion in endgame, not start with that.

altough that could be difficult to balance, since unlike them, we know the spaniards are coming.

then again the same thing could be said about romans and the huns

I should have said hard drive instead of machine. Did everything I could think of on a software level before trial and error prevailed.

What are you talking about, that's me?

since the Beastmen release I think it's more likely Brets and Wood Elves will be released together wih another minicampaign

So no evidence other than pure conjecture.

What are some good mods for FotS /twg/?

The beastie boys were the only faction playable in their minicampaign, so it's not impossible that the wood elves will be the only playable faction in their minicampaign as well. Playable Bretonnia is not necessary.

I'm not talking about the Hero/Lore for the Wood Elf campaign pack. I'm talking about what happens to Wurrzag and the free race in relation to it.

>VC LL + Lore + Hero for this upcoming update.

Leaves

>Orc LL
>Free Race
>Lore
>Hero

With the Wood Elf campaign pack somewhere in there. So far they've gone in order from left to right on the diagram. Are they just going to skip the Orc LL and Free Race? Especially when that free race is Bretonnia and there is no way, I refuse to believe, that they'd release Wood Elves before Bretonnia.

So assuming the Wood Elf Campaign includes, Bretonnia, Lore/Hero what happens to Wurrzag?

It would be really weird to not have Bretonnia be more fleshed out by the time Wood Elves are released. I honestly expected them out much sooner, but once the dataminers confirmed DLC05 was a Welf campaign pack I figured they'd go together like peanut butter and jelly.

who still /historical/ here

Once again, you start out wrong right off the bat. We're just getting the VC LL in this chunk of FLC. The Lore+Hero come with Wood Elves are next month and then we're getting another Lord Pack with a FLC LL(Wurrzag).

Yeah those 4 missing Bretonnian units are really needed for Wood ELves.

(((You)))

always m8

Neat mod

name?

currently installing Napoopan

not this fucking shit again

>no fun allowed

I'm talking about people asking for the name of the mod over and over again

gook's Bayonet Mod (or any bayonet mod, originally its his anyway)
FoTS Tactics and Uniforms
FoTS Naval Uniforms
NoIF FoTS Flags
FoTS Vintage Portraits
FoTS Proper Language
FoTS Artillery Mod
Building a Nation

Not exclusively for FoTS:
Better Maps
Real Armies
Saya and Ebira
Battlefield Smoke Mod

Radious

its my dream total war

though it'd be a lot harder to fight off the europeans than the huns

good meme friend
yeah mb found it in the last thread

Total War: Mars Rebellion 2155
Total War: Everybody Loves Raymond
Total War: Lego

Total War:/gsg

>trapping your enemies on little islands of wall

anyone else?

I can't wait for the blood and gore pack for Lego

Yeah, those thing can make your feet fuckin bleed

>Total War: Lego
Are you implying this wouldn't be unironically great?