Looking into mustangs

anyone got a decent buyer's guy for foxbodies? planning on getting one because I've always wanted one.

>THEYRE SO UGLY
>THEYRE SLOW
>THEYRE OLD
I love mine.

you forgot

cant turn
awful chassis
awful interior

Right. Anyways, if you're really interested in getting one, get yourself acquainted with lmr.com and americanmuscle.com.

>buyer's guy

kids...

Interior can be stripped out anyways.
Chassis is extremely light, which is why so many dragracers use it.
Handling is pretty good for a period car thanks to the low weight.

yeah no

its handling is awful even for the time

its not light either

Just ignore this guy.

Wtf you talking about can't turn

only foxbodies

good luck

fanboy

retard posting a race car that has little to do with a road going car

They could be optioned to be less than 3,000 pounds. That's pretty light really.

Americanmuscle.com has just about everything for foxbodys. I buy a lot of shit from then for my coyote

no one cares about 4 cylinder cars

and no that isnt light at all

Same frame fuck tard. And all the parts from that car can be found here
Americanmuscle.com

> live axle is inferior in a perfect world, and out right dangerous on the local touge.

> understeer like crazy on corner entry, oversteer on corner exit if you accelerate before completely straight

You can get a irs for them if you're a bitch that can't a real car

That isn't with a 4 cylinder car. My 4 cylinder notch weighed 2600.

You don't actually know how much cars weigh, do you?

you have ascended to being a retarded fanboy now

stop shilling the site I highly doubt they carry the parts to build an early 90s DTM car anyway holy shit

its a shit car

IRS doesnt fix that

Listen, we know you don't like foxbody mustangs. Now please leave. We don't go into your miata general that's always near the top of the catalog and shittalk.

you dont know anything other than fanboying do you?

2600 lb and 90hp is fucking abysmal and heavy for what it is

an AE86 weighs 2300-2400 with more power and better suspension geometry using a smaller engine lol

currently have a civic si and looking at one of these just cause I like the thought of having a choice between rice and muscle. I'm also guessing they're easy to get into as a project car because much parts and forums kind of like the civic. Don't really care about handling, just want something that scoots good in a straight line

and yet was somehow slower and more underpowered than the Mustang because of no torque.

I'm not a fanboy either. I like my foxbodies heaveier and with 4 cylinders. The Mustang has terrible ergonomics for me.

> your a bitch that can't a real car
> fox body shit stang
> non rebuilt ones ratty as shit, clean ones as expensive as faster Japanese luxury sedans

You can't logic

I dont like Miatas either

how the hell do you get triggered by a Miata?

uh no

it was faster than the 4 cylinder shitbox and no where near underpowered

The V8's could be 2900-3000.

....which is why the AE86 has such a great reputation as a touge machine, right?

except theyre all like 3000-3300

It's heavier than you might think. I've got a rental 2015 Fiesta right now and I swear it feels lighter than my Capri though the weight difference may all be in the engine. I haven't actually compared curb weights though.

OP it's a cool car that is in the middle of shedding it's old "redneck" image and taking it's rightful place as a modern classic muscle/pony car. Make sure you get one that's unibody is sound and preferably that has had sub frame connectors most of its life already. The handling isn't all that bad for a powerful car of its era and much better than traditional muscle cars or larger v8 sedans. Its weirdest anomaly is "rear steer" as it's unique suspension dynamics cause the rear wheels to not always stay in alignment under hard acceleration but it can be remedied with a $400 panhard bar. The best thing about then is that their popularity means you can buy brand new and upgraded replacement parts for everything you just have to also keep in mind that it's not really a sports car and it takes big money to get its handling up into that category but on the other hand it's cheap to get relatively big power out of them and when it comes right down to it, it's torque that wins 90% of races and a Mists will kill you just as quick if you take it beyond its limits - a 400hp fox can just get to its limits a lot faster

>doesn't like mustangs, doesn't like miatas

How's your mom's old Hyundai Sonata treating you?

calling me a fanboy and you can't get off the ae86 tit.

You've literally never driven one either.

..maybe he's a truck guy? That's the three basic elements of Veeky Forums right? Or maybe he's a Euro that's into e30s?

With enough money you can change the geometry of any chassis's suspension it's stupid to say it can turn and post a fucking race car

Foxbodies =/= all Mustangs

I like 1964-1969 and 1995-1998 just fine

sorry bruh

I got to drive a GT-S coupe

and as someone who drove a 2.3 LX foxbody I can safely say that the GT-S is much better in every way

or I like every style of car in some why?

Im not a fanboy

Either way, the faggot shouldn't be in here.

SN95s are just fat foxbodies that came stock with some better engine internals

I mean, you're wrong and stuff. You won't accept it though.

You also don't realize that there was a 4 cylinder foxbody designed to handle better and has the power to shame your dream car.

You also don't realize that the best comparison to the top of the line Corolla is a base model Mustang.

yeah

and it looks a lot better, most of the weight gain came from chassis reinforcement anyway, and lets face it thats the Foxes biggest flaw

because I dont know about the SVO

whats next

I know about Saleen SSCs and McLaren ASC foxbodies too, doesnt make me like it any more

AE86 is hardly my dream car

anything can shame my actual dream car from a performance standpoint (pic not related)

so you admit that the corolla is a shit car for anything other than a random downhill solo run that you would be ashamed for someone to see.

Id be more ashamed of a foxbody than an AE86

AE86 makes for a better "sports car" and racecar too

lol

pls go

>AE86 makes for a better racecar than a fox body
Now you're just being retarded

If you are looking for a V8,

>Pre 84 All carbureted
>85 has the option for carbureted, or Throttle body fuel injection
>86 was the last year for the carbureted, first year for true fuel injection

Some people will tell you the 89+ had forged internals, but if you want to race the car you are going to look for an aluminum block regardless.

The AOD transmission is a 3 speed with lockup that gets surprisingly good highway with the stock gearing ~21 MPG. Both the auto and manual that came in these need significant work when you exceed 250 horsepower to maintain drive ability.

no

thems the facts

yeah

you see so many racing Foxbodies dont you

>inb4 drag

thats not racing thats faggotry, and you will see plenty of AE86s with rotaries and shit doing it anyway

I see more racing foxbodies than corollas.

Thems the facts.

I had one. Loved the torque/sound on that thing but it wasn't all amazing.
>Aftermarket kinda sucks ass
>hurr thats a mustang??
>attracts more 40 year old men than girls
>girls hate it matter of fact
>vanilla ice
>unibody
>shitty resale value

Pros
>dat 5.0
>dat torque
>cheap ass performance parts
>dat exhaust
>can be a daily driver/drag car/drift car/whatever you want

fox bodies ran from 1979 until 2004 so keep that in mind. It wasn't only 79-93 cars that used the Fox platform.
The SN95 and New edge cars are also fox-bodies.

They're cheap and parts are available to modify it.
If possible, try to find a notchback version, it's lighter than the hatch.

>The AOD transmission is a 3 speed
No. It's a 4 speed.

It's a 3 speed with overdrive!

>Aftermarket kinda sucks ass
What?

And how many speeds is that?

3 with an overdrive gear.

The notch backs from the mid 80s are around 2600 pounds with a 5.0 in them.

Get the ones with EFI, you can run larger cams up until the block can't take the RPMs anymore because the EFI is so liberal with rich fuel mixture

Body-style wise i'd love it if somebody who had two otherwise decent wrecks would take the front of a 80s Mercury Cougar and put the ass end of a 79 Mustang Cobra

the wedge would be real

The ass end of a cobra isn't different than a base model Mustang.

Funny with the discussion about Mustangs vs Miatas. All the guys i know who race stangs love toying around in Miatas desu, but those are the type of guys i'd consider real car people rather then just casual passer-bys.

Also besides all the other issues with stangs, stock suspension setup means rear end will snap out like on a old porsche if your brake into a corner, so don't. Yes i am aware the weight distribution is exactly opposite of a Porsche

k 79 hatch with louvers then :^)

I would say it would be wedgier with the bubble glass of the Capri and the cobra/82 GT nose.

That's really not true but ok.

guide* sorry.. brain likes to hate on me sometimes. heh.